[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think GF is going to do with Ultra Beasts in future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: Sun_Moon_Ultra_Beasts_artwork.png (540KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Ultra_Beasts_artwork.png
540KB, 770x562px
What do you think GF is going to do with Ultra Beasts in future generations?

Are we always going to have to trade them up from SM? Are we going to have Ultra Space introduced in post-game sidequests in multiple future games purely for the purpose of catching them? Are they going to be made into event/distribution mons and mostly forgotten?
Are they going to add new Ultra Beasts in new generations? Was this a one-time concept, or will they build on Ultra Space?
How did they make a faceless, twelve-foot mass of wires and death so adorable?

Personally, I really hope they build on the concept instead of leaving it to rot. Maybe let us explore Ultra Space a bit.
>>
>>30747171
All that sounds nice but dont get your hopes up.
>>
>>30747237
I do think the most likely scenario is leaving the concept entirely unexplored and having a sidequest/distribution every few generations for the few UBs we already have, but man, what a waste of a concept that'd be.
>>
>>30747171
>How did they make a faceless, twelve-foot mass of wires and death so adorable?
I think it's because of how it moves. In the game it looks like it's always dancing, like a child full of energy
I love it, it's my bro now
>>
>>30747171
>Personally, I really hope they build on the concept instead of leaving it to rot.
>hype up ultra space as a whole other world
>it's one fucking tiny ass cave
GF left it to rot the moment they decided to leave it at that.

Literally Distortion World 2.0. A legion of hype leading to fucking nothing.
>>
I think, depending on what the second set of gen 7 games are, they'll probably put a few more in, maybe like, four. And after that they'll be irrelevant again. The next gen will have a newer gimmick; either Pokemon fusion or some kind of new held item.
>>
>>30747171
>Are we always going to have to trade them up from SM?
Severely doubtful. This has never been the case long term for any Legends, no matter how they were fluffed. Case in point, ORAS with every single non-Mythical you couldn't get in XY and then Deoxys being available in game with no event. What will most likely happen in future games is that they will just be hanging out in a cave somewhere. Maybe an NPC somewhere mentioning "a strange hole opening in the sky" at best.
>>
>>30747348
At least Distortion World was quite expansive. Sure it had nothing there other than Giratina, but it was super fun to do the Strength puzzles and navigate in crazy gravity

UB worls was just a small straight path. Hope they make a SM sequel and allow explorations of the Ub world
>>
>>30747171
I hope they abandon it. I don't want them to make 2 different categories of creatures cause it'll only splinter and get worse from there. I like Ultra Beasts as this games category of legendary. I don't want them taking away from pokemon.
>>
>>30747348
I don't think the cave was supposed to be all of ultra space, I think it was just a small cave in ultra space populated by Nihilego.
>>
Seemingly drop them.

and then suddenly late in the game you get into a random battle and the UB theme starts playing.
>>
I hope they drop this entire Ultra plot immediately. Beasts, space, wormholes, I want it all trashed and forgotten.
>>
Pokemon games IMO would be better with a bigger threat to the trainer and his team.

Thats why I was really hyped for these on reveal because I thought they would be big boss tier monsters that were far tougher than normal legendaries but uncatchable.

I really wish we got more bosses, gym leaders are just not fun or challenging. Atleast they went in the right direction with totem battles but battling uncatchable giant eldritch abominations with special attacks and abilities would have been more fun
>>
>>30747171
Is it bad that i dont care one bit?

I just dont see anything interesting lore wise in here. They've done another dimension stuff with Platinum. It was great.

In SM i care more about tapu lore than this random as fuck group
>>
They're fucking legendaries you retard
>>
>>30748329
To bad, as long as they are here, those elements will cobtinue to be as well, especially since it most likely played a role in Looker's backstory and the reason why Anabelle is even here. I wouldn't be surprised if they started using UB's as an excuse to bring back old characters. Like it would be pretty funny to see Lance back, but as a random nobody living on top of a mountain and saying constantly "I always feel like I'm out of contact with time and the world itself and I just don't know why" or "Me champion ? Maybe in another life."
>>
>>30747171
Hopefully they stop this Ultra Beast bullshit and just make new pokemon from the pokemon world.
>>
>>30748409
Yeah there's still so many animals, mythical creatures from legends etc that could serve as ideas for new pokemon but nope, they had to invent some abominations that make no sense and their excuse is "because they're not from our world". Thats stupid
>>
File: 1467630952392.png (139KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467630952392.png
139KB, 300x300px
>>30747884
>I think, depending on what the second set of gen 7 games are, they'll probably put a few more in, maybe like, four.

Would not be surprised, if the next games are Gen 4 remakes, the distortion world is retconned into Ultra Space.

Also would not be upset by that. Giratina is bizarre enough to fit in with them.
>>
>>30748329
The Fallers plot is the most interesting thing that has happened to the Pokémon Videogames since.. err.. prolly Gold/Ethan VS Red?
>>
>>30748456
No, its stupid as fuck because they literally cant explain it. At all. its just "oh Anabel is from a different world cool huh". So? What will you do with that now? Nothing. Literally nothing.
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>30748405
>>30748456
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if people even like pokemon. Trying to make it new is one thing, but trying to make it about dimension hopping and creatures that are explicitly stated not to be pokemon is the beginning of the end. If this grows this is just gonna be like one of the other nameless creature rpgs
>>
>>30748502
So what makes Pokemon 'Pokemon' then? Why does this suddenly signal the end?
>>
>>30748502
They're Pokemon from other dimensions. Hence why Wicke gives you the beast balls as regular ones can't recognize them as well.
>>
>>30747171
I think Ultra Beasts open the door to legendaries that you can catch multiples of, but that's as far as they'll have an effect going forward. Game freak won't do more of them because the novelty would be gone.
>>
>>30748478
All the cards are on the table: WORMHOLE, DIMENSIONS, what other explanation do you need? ._.

>>30748502
I couldn't care less about the UBs, Buzzwhole is the only one I like and that's mainly because of the colours used for its design.
>>
>>30748588
But whats exciting about it? Where's the explanation ro hint what world it is? Where's the lore of the specific UBs?

All there is that they're a mystrerious Pokemon from a mysterious unknown universe and everything about it is mysterious

Fuck this bullshit
>>
>>30748608
The excitement lies in the unknown background. Having the classic Hoenn being destroyed by UBs, popular characters with amnesia moved onto a different dimension than the one they belong to, that kind of stuff always sounds hella interesting and feels like it has tons and tons of room for development.
>>
>>30748641
>Having the classic Hoenn being destroyed by UBs

But they never said Hoenn was destroyed and there is no room for development because they wont allow you to travel to lets say old Hoenn right?
>>
>>30748641
just read fanfiction
>>
>>30748641
Its exciting in the way the convoluted stories from Kingdom Hearts are exciting.

I'm not saying its reached that level of inscrutable lore yet, but fuck is it getting there.

I want "wormholes" or "alternate universes" to be nothing more than lampshading for why there are 83 different origin stories that are all simultaneously supported by catchable pokemon.
>>
>>30748285
>I don't want them to make 2 different categories of creatures cause it'll only splinter and get worse from there

niga you late.

there hasnt been a clear definition of "legendary" since...ever, and it's only been blurred moreand more every gen, so I dont see how having UBs in any way makes things more complicated.
>>
>>30747278
This.

But it really seems right up Gamefreak's alley to introduce a concept which would require some serious business to include in later games.
>>
>>30748451
>Griceus orb will work with ultrabeasts
>>
>>30747171
>What do you think GF is going to do with Ultra Beasts in future generations?

Fuck all. You'll be able to "relive ultra beasts" the same way we relived mega evolution in SM.
>>
>>30748656
>they never said..
That's the point: A lot of room for development.

>>30748660
A Non-Canonical possibility about how things could turn out? Err.. I'll think about it later.
>>
>>30748739
>UBs can mega evolve if they hold the orb
>>
UBs should stay as a mostly SM thing. Its going to feel really forced if they start including wormhole bullshit in every entry.
>>
>>30747171
I'd them to introduce new Ultra Beasts to be Totem-esque bosses in a future game.

Ultra Beasts is a cool concept because they could justify making insane creatures with seemingly arbitrary types. I think the UBs are a necessary reprieve from the otherwise predictable designs of Pokemon.
>>
>>30748451
I-is that an ippo reference?
>>
>>30747171
I'm pretty excited for next gen already. Making ultra beasts playable pokemon was stupid. GF will most likely make it that you can only get them through bank so i'm cool with that. Sun and moon was a mistake.
>>
Pokemon Spin-off about Ultra Beasts. They're Pokémon from an alternate dimension right? Does that mean there's Starter UB's? what would they be like?
>>
>>30750002
>Sun and moon was a mistake.
Sales and reviews say otherwise, contrarian hipster shitter.
>>
>>30748313
Thats what he meant. Point is they did nothing with the concept other than the bare minimum
>>
>>30750002
Anon, UB's are part of the dex, they aren't something they can just brush off, every generation from now on, expect those fuckers to be lurking on Wi-Fi at every corner. And things won't get better once they introduce new ones.
>>
>>30750002
>Making ultra beasts playable pokemon was stupid
They are literally Pokemon. How is it stupid? In fact how is it any stupider than people capturing GOD?
>>
File: [MORE THAN A FEELING].png (130KB, 674x500px) Image search: [Google]
[MORE THAN A FEELING].png
130KB, 674x500px
>they will never make an Ultra Beast spinoff
>same pokemon mechanics
>Lusamine lets you pick a starter beast, and venture into Ultra Space
>no gyms/towns/anything. just wilderness and outposts ran by other ultra space explorers
>your mission is to explore ultra space and catalogue all the beasts
>totem beasts serves as bosses
>a full Ultradex, with the 7 beasts from sun and moon included
>the league is replaced by a massive super ultra beast that threatens our world

you will never play Ultra Beasts: Gravity and Ultra Beasts: Electromagnetism.

When will game freak make Ultra Beats: Strong and Weak Nuclear?
>>
>>30748269
>1 room
>expansive
No. Distortion World got hyped up as this huge thing then turns out to be this tiny place which is over in seconds. Never to be able to return to it again. The only way to redeem it is to have the player fall into it multiple times through the journey in the remakes, each with different layouts/puzzles.
>>
>>30751951
>Awful, fucking shitty idea
>Jojo meme image

Every fucking time.
>>
Most probably it's gonna be a dropped concept revisited every few games in the future
>>
>>30750775
>And things won't get better once they introduce new ones.
I don't think they should make new UBs. Its going to be pretty fucking stupid if they shoehorn wormhole shit in every game. Plus it makes those 7 UBs more special.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.