[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone noticed other dialogue differences besides pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1481099039091.png (467KB, 618x728px) Image search: [Google]
1481099039091.png
467KB, 618x728px
Anyone noticed other dialogue differences besides pic related? Or any other gender-related difference besides the customization options?

I'm trying to decide between picking boy or girl fist (plan to do the other in a second playthrough) and knowing if there are more changes and exclusive stuff helps me decide.
>>
>Abdallah
>white

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>30746474
I regret picking a boy, because there's not a single pair of long pants in this game.
>>
>>30748458
hes some youtuber. not white though
>>
>>30746474
Pick male. There are only a handful of minor changes, none as important as this, but it just works so much better. The female trainer just doesn't fit in the group, with Hau and Gladion. It just feels awkward.
I picked both, and I continue to play on the male version more. The only thing the female has over male is the customization. So if you care about dressing up a loli more than the story and overall atmosphere of the game, pick the female.
>>
>>30748475
It's a tropical island, what do you expect
>>
>>30748586
>People living in the tropics don't wear pants
You'd be surprised.

>>30748578
I don't see how she wouldn't fit. Just because she's a girl?

If the other differences are even smaller than the OP pic I think I will chose the girl just to have more fun with customization. If there were more dialogue differences favoring the boy then I'd pick him instead,
>>
>>30748717
>Just because she's a girl?
Exactly. Literally every single line of dialog treats you as a boy, and you look like a girl. It felt off.

You might not get it, and that's understandable. But it was bad enough that I, someone who always favors the girls outside of FRLG, had to go with a boy this time.

Seeing people asking a little girl to save their butts just makes everyone look bad and situations awkward. Especially the dynamic between MC and Hau, and later on, Gladion. They acted as if you were actually a boy. There was literally no difference, but there you were, looking all girly.
It wasn't as bad with Lillie though, so if that's all you care about, it shouldn't be a problem.

This is a very personal thing, and I hope it's not just me who felt this. It wasn't as bad with XY, because Serena was a bit older, and there wasn't a lot of dialog to begin with. And everything before that had sprites, so it wasn't as clear.

Ultimately, it's up to you. Pick whatever you want. I just gave my honest opinion because the first run is the best when it comes to SM, and I wanted to you to enjoy it to the fullest.
>>
>>30749097
Are you fucking retarded? They treat you as a competent Pokemon trainer. Do you want them to belittle you because you are a girl?

Do you want people talking shit to Cynthia, Karen, Claire, and other strong female trainers because they're girls?

What the fuck does that even mean "treat you like a boy"? Do they go "hey! Wanna fuck some girls? Wanna compare dick sizes?"

They see a strong trainer, and treat you as such. I find this one of the few cases in vidya where female empowerment is done right because it's not a Bioware shitfest where they make a huge fucking deal out of you being a woman. They just treat you on the basis of your skills as a trainer. Which makes sense, because as MC's we blow everything the game throws at us away, so them being super impressed isn't strange in the slightest.
>>
>>30749141
>belittle
That's not everything there is to it.
Well, I guess you won't understand, then. I guess this is something you would only notice if you played as both.
>>
>>30749097
I get this shit. It feels like Harime Nui from KlK. The appearance of the MC feels disconnected from the story and the actions she take. Add in no dialog difference between boy and girl, and you get a sore thumb that sticks out.
>>
>>30749191
Different anon here. I'm actually curious what you mean. The dialogue seemed completely neutral to me as well.
>>
>>30749272
"The man should be running into battle to save the girl and Hau doesn't hit on me like the beta he is"

I actually didn't notice that change about traveling but otherwise I haven't noticed differences either.
>>
>>30749272
I don't think I can explain it any better than I did. Hau acting all buddy-buddy with a little girl he met for the first time, Kukui going all "COUSIN!", some characters just referring to you as "girl" and many other such things just come across as a bit awkward if you've played as the boy first.
Anyway, disregard it all. It seems I'm the only one here who felt this. To me, at least, it was on awkward on the level of seeing Blue say "Smell ya later" to Leaf.
>>
>>30749391
What's so weird about Blue failing to disguise his desire of burying his face in Leaf's armpits? I can relate, who wouldn't?
>>
>>30749391
You aren't the only one who'd think that. I haven't played as the girl, but I imagine that interactions with Hapu and Acerola would be affected by this too. Both of them became friends instantly with Lillie while you were just that awesome trainer that happened to be with her. This makes some sense when you play as the boy as they are both girls, but it would probably seem strange if the PC is a girl.
>>
>>30746474
Are you sure this is an actual gender difference and not based on your replies? Because I played as a boy in sun and a girl in moon and I swear she said the top line for both of them.
>>
>>30749543
I don't know. People were losing their shit over this a few days ago, and I didn't see anyone bring that up.
>>
Most Pokemon games are made for the Boy while the Girl is an afterthought. R/S and B/W strangely break the trend, where playing as the girl feels more natural
>>
she said she wanted to travel together with me
but she left for Kanto and left me in Alola....
>>
>>30746474
More importantly, where did her stupid hat go?
>>
>>30749682
Nevermind, I just watched some playthroughs and it does seem to be based on gender after all. My bad.

>>30749713
Why do you say that? I never notice much of a disconnect when playing as either gender. What about R/S and B/W makes you feel more comfortable playing as a girl?

>>30749749
Lillie's or Chicken's? Lille just dropped it, I guess. And you can actually remove your hat in this game.
>>
>>30746474
Bullshit, this is a choice based line.
>>
>>30749391
>>30749097
"Cousin" is a gender neutral term the way it's used by native Hawaiians. I can understand your interpretation, though.

Personally, the stiffness of the dialogue (or I guess, how the character is seen in-world) is largely to due with ages. It's fucking annoying that GF cemented the "teehee 11 year olds fighting grown adults" anime-based rule in SM. The vagueness of the protag's age always made the equal amounts of respect and patronization they were given believable.
>>
>>30748475
PARTY SHORTS
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.