[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can this gen be shedinja's time to shine? >talonflame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: shedinja.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shedinja.png
61KB, 250x250px
Can this gen be shedinja's time to shine?

>talonflame gone
>seems to wall most of the ultra beasts
>seems to wall all of the tapus
>can probably outspeed alolan marowak unless it has speed investment itself
>mega scizor gets burned unless it has a dark attack

Please say yes
>>
>>30745155
no
this thing needs a mega that gives it Sturdy, and then it needs to have all of its stats min-maxed into Attack and Speed
>>
It being a less common choice is exactly what makes it useful for mind games.
>>
>>30745189
but then it would be uber
>>
I just want wonder guard to make it immune to entry hazards. It doesn't have to be crazy like magic guard, but just having hazards out is instant death
>>
>>30745263
all we really need is for them to buff safety goggles so that it negates entry hazards for the user
>>
File: 1481509281871.png (514KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481509281871.png
514KB, 1000x800px
>>30745155
>no Innards Out shedinja
>>
Its never Shedinja's time to shine.
>>
>>30745155

still one of the best designed pokemom ever
>>
>>30745723
>does 1 damage when it dies
Very useful
>>
File: l.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>30745723
>2016 and still no Final Gambit Shedinja
>>
>Still dies to rocks
>Still dies to sand
>Still dies to inflicting physical damage on chomp/thorn
>Still dies to burn/toxic
>Still dies to hail who now has a slightly more viable setter
>dies to one of the most common coverage types in the game
>dies to pursuit
>does minimal damage

Sorry, unless you do some incredibly gimmicky team that obsessively keeps hazards out, has fini in it to avoid getting status'd which would also keep sheddy from wisping a lot of things, and a weather setter that keeps sand away and you are a master and keeping the momentum going with these slow switch-less conditions then sheddy isn't worth it
>>
File: 1470559148310.png (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
1470559148310.png
2KB, 80x80px
>>30746372
>There actually is
>>
>>30745195
This. A Shedinja on your team makes good players play badly. They start obsessing over keeping something to kill it in effect, to the point that they forget to win the battle. If you bring in Shedinja, and immediately switch it out, the opponent will, without fail, show you what on their team can handle it.
Plus, it can function as a wc.

And it doesn't happen often, but it does occasionally happen that a team has no actual way to hurt it, especially rain teams. GG before anyone sends out a Pokemon is a fantastic feeling.
>>
>>30745155
Nope
>>
As soon as there's a move tutor that can teach it Endeavor, then it'll be it's time to shine.
>>
>>30747068
putting a Zoroark on your team makes skilled players overpredict, makes endless double switches, risk their mons by staying in, and generally do a bunch of stupid shit that gives you the upper hand - thinking that everything is your Zoroark they saw in Team Preview
It's amazing.
>>
>>30747286
>Zoroark and Shedinja preview
>Enemy needs to take down Shedinja, but is never quite certain if they are risking one of the two 'mons who can hurt it by staying in on a possible Zoroark
>Shedinja can break its sash, and Zoroark can keep up the ruse
>You can take insane risks with Shedinja, because there is a good chance the enemy thinks it's Zoroark
>>
Does a-muk ability work with super guard?
>>
>>30747361
Tentatively, no. Wonderguard tends to be very resistant to being swapped or transferred.
>>
>>30745155
>slugma used ember
>>
>>30747068
>>30747323
And then they just put up Hazards...
>>
>>30747361
>>30747443
Can say definitely no. You can't swap wonder guard, it'll just fail
>>
>>30745155
>Origecleus used Fire Devastation
>>
>>30746640
You never played shedinja stalk did you?
>>
>>30745155

Its eyes looks like pokeballs.
>>
>>30745155
>Pyukumuku used Toxic!
>>
>>30749506
And then you just defog them you fucking retard.
>>
>>30749506
>What is hazard control
Remember. Shedinja makes good players play badly. More than one match has gone to the Shedinja player because the opponent wouldn't stop obsessing over hazards, while they wee getting gutted.
>>
>>30745155

Not with Celesteela running around. He can't even fuck rain teams now that Pelipper got buffed.
>>
>>30745155
>Stealth Rock
>Affected by all forms of Status
>>
>>30745238
>weedle used toxic
>>
>>30745155
I could see Life orb Shedninja with Shadow sneak and Power of Alchemy A-Muk with Air balloon being a popular troll strat in the future.
>>
>>30752464
PoA doesn't work on Wonder Guard.
>>
>>30745238
No it wouldn't, it'd loose wonder guard
>>
>>30750448
I never played it but I destroyed it plenty of times.
>>
>>30751037
I mean you say that but it really can't be that strong or top players would use it. Niche picks exist but the second you lose your defogger shedinja just becomes dead weight. Mimikyu is basically just a better version of shedinja honestly. Just use that instead. Way more consistent, doesn't die to rocks/spikes/status/hail/sandstorm and still functions as a late game sweeper but with the additional bonus of fairy coverage
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.