[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>creatures from an alternate dimension!!! >have regular,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>creatures from an alternate dimension!!!
>have regular, easily categorized pokemon typings

OK but how wild would it be if they used this plot/opportunity to introduce a new typing in an exciting way?

Fairy was introduced like "oh, BTW we found a new type. Turns out a bunch of pokemon were immune to dragon moves this whole time!! Hurdurrr"

No, we get fairy types from some crazy alternate dimension and the wormholes or portals PR whatever awaked the fairy typing latent in some pokemon like clefairy which is already some mysterious moon pokemon - who's to say it's not from another dimension originally and got normalized from being in the other universe too long?

But I guess that requires too much forethought for GF.
>>
>>30745122
They wasted their chance introducing Fairy in the previous Gen.

The crazy min maxed stats are only apparent in a few of them, and Beast Boost is nice, but a bunch of REALLY weird abilities could have been even more nice.

Especially since any UB in the future will have Beast Boost too
>>
I know people go on about how alien they look (and many of them DO look alien) but Buzzswole and Pheromosa could honestly pass as regular Pokemon in my opinion.
>>
>>30745122
Fairies are from an alternate dimension too, The universe we've been in from gen 6 onwards is not the same as the one from previous gens.
>>
>>30745208
>implying Beast Boost is their real abilities
>>
>>30745417
This

Everything before Gen VI is non canon as of now.

Thats why Colress was a pretty chill guy.
>>
>>30745417
yep
in gen 6+ universe fairies already existed, so its just another type fot everyone
>>
>>30745122
>creatures from an alternate dimension!!!
You mean Pokemon from another dimension
>>
>>30745455
fug
for everyone*
>>
>>30745455
Speaking of which, whats going to happen when GF lets us transfer Pokemon from the VC R/B/Y?

Are the Clefairies all going to turn fairy type?
>>
>>30745511
Probably, and then Gengars from previous gens will get Cursed Body too
>>
>>30745122
>Fairy was introduced like "oh, BTW we found a new type. Turns out a bunch of pokemon were immune to dragon moves this whole time!! Hurdurrr"
>No, we get fairy types from some crazy alternate dimension and the wormholes or portals PR whatever awaked the fairy typing latent in some pokemon like clefairy which is already some mysterious moon pokemon - who's to say it's not from another dimension originally and got normalized from being in the other universe too long?
>But I guess that requires too much forethought for GF.
So what's your excuse for Dark and Steel getting a free pass?
>>
>>30745208
We already have 5 UBs with different abilities.
>>
>>30745558
Even better what's the excuse for Pokemon like Crobat or Espeon/Umbreon

>Oh guess your Golbat/Eevee didn't love you enough

It's just a retarded complaint from OP
>>
>>30745558
I was gonna write an
>ib4 someone says "b-but muh dark/steel types"
But I thought it was obvious:
Steel and dark weren't retroconn'd onto old pokemon. You can discover new pokemon in new places.

>>30745599
Why would that be implausible?
>>
File: image.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>30745762
I was weak to fighting the WHOLE time
>>
>>30745762
Seems rather convenient that literally every Kanto trainer who had a Golbat or Eevee never managed to treat them well enough to evolve.

If fucking Silver can evolve his Golbat, your average trainer should be able too.
>>
>>30745798
>golbat
who even trained that shit except for team rocket
>eevee
people probably fed their eevee's stones ASAP and never really leveled it up normally
>>
>>30745776
The absolute madman!
>>
>>30745827
>who even trained that shit except for team rocket
"People don't use pokemon because I don't like it xD"
>people probably fed their eevee's stones ASAP and never really leveled it up normally
What about people who don't know to give Eevee a stone
>>
>>30745122
Expect your mind to be blown.
The UB's are based on the 7 deadly sins:

1) Nihilego (Rock/Poison): It represents Envy because of the fact that it mimics the shape of a little girl (wanting to be someone else) and its will to take control over other organisms (like the leader of Aether). Its body is made of some hard material (a type of unknown rock) and with its poison it can control other organisms.

2) Buzzwole (Bug/Fighting): Pride, well I don't have much to say about this one, it's clearly proud of his muscles and even when it gets defeated it show them one last time. His typing is also obvious; a big-ass mosquitoe with muscles that focuses in punches.

3) Pheromosa (Bug/Fighting): Lust. It's very obvious... also, a fighting beatle that focuses on kicks.

4) Xurkitree (Electric): Greed. As being a kind of living-copper cable thing, it steals electricity from everywhere it can, always wanting more and more and more...
>>
>>30745122
>>30745122

5) Kartana (Grass/Steel): Sloth. It's an origami paper, so light, the winds always carries it around effortless, it doesn't need to move much; how lazy. His grass typing comes from the fact it's paper, and paper comes from trees then it's associated with grass. The steel type come from the fact that it resembles a sword. Also, sometimes paper cuts skin like it would be a steel sword... isn't it?

6) Celesteela (Steel/Flying): Wrath. It's based on the legend of Kaguya, the little girl that came from the moon (yes, Naruto's version also comes from this tale). Kaguya was found inside a bamboo stick (hence the bamboo features and the fact it can use grass moves). The tale ends by explaining somehow why Mount Fiji became a volcano, and how Kaguya's wrath is the reason why it erupts every once in a while. Although his typing comes from the japanese satellite named after her, Kaguya, thus the steel and flying type.

7) Guzzlord (Dark/Dragon): Gluttony, do I need to explain more? Also, its typing comes from the regent beast of one of the hell's rings of Dante's book, the ring of gluttony This beast is a three-headed worm (thus probably the dragon type). His dark type comes from the resemble of a dark hole wich devours everything like Guzzlord.
>>
File: prof_oak_2[1].jpg (77KB, 300x225px)
prof_oak_2[1].jpg
77KB, 300x225px
>>30745558
Dark and Steel isn't even the sloppiest retcon.
>>
File: Mohn.png (89KB, 237x257px) Image search: [Google]
Mohn.png
89KB, 237x257px
>>30745544
>tfw Pokebank Gengars keep Levitate
>>
>>30745901
Nice shitty headcanon
>>
>>30745967
>>
>>30745949
They didn't discover it. Red just never visited it during his journey.
>>
>>30745417
>>30745453
>>30745455
An NPC tells you in Kalos that the fairy-type was just recently classified.
>>
File: 1481174324051.gif (940KB, 450x432px)
1481174324051.gif
940KB, 450x432px
>>30745967
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.