[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finish S/M >become champion >20 minute cutscene of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

File: 564643191998975.jpg (8KB, 400x481px) Image search: [Google]
564643191998975.jpg
8KB, 400x481px
>finish S/M
>become champion
>20 minute cutscene of people dancing
>forced legendary battle against Tapu Koko with no way to save the game beforehand
>another 20 minute cutscene
>credits roll
>10 minute cutscene of Lillie leaving
>can't skip ANYTHING

I have never been so mad in my life at a fucking video game. This is unforgivable.
>>
Daily reminder that Game Freak chose nicknames over 3 save files.
>>
>>30736592
Is this really true or are you joking?
>>
>>30736575
End yourself
>>
>>30736575
Please stop being an autistic man child and grow up.
>>
>>30736694
So expecting a game to have skippable cutscenes in 2016 is autistic now? I would rather not sit here waiting for the game to end for 40 minutes while doing absolutely nothing. This is basic fucking game design.
>>
>>30736664
Interview from 2000: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nom/0007/gfreak/page01.html

Translation: http://www.glitterberri.com/pokemon-red-blue/game-freak-staff-interview/creating-the-game/
>>
>>30736664
Kind of. In RBY the space was limited and they decided to allow you to nickname Pokémon over multiple save files. After that they kept the singular save file system for tradition and to preventing trading abuse by having 2 save slots trading and then switching to the other save file.
TL;DR: Nicknames in RBY over saves cause of Space, now traditional and anti-cheating
>>
>>30736744
What do you mean nothing? Just watch the cutscenes. This generation is so ADD.
>>
>>30736575
Is this your first story driven videogame? Do you have ADHD? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>30736789
No, see >>30736759. It was a pure matter of choice.
>>
>>30736744
>not watching all the cutscenes
This is why people get confused on what to do
>>
>>30736809
I'm not trying to watch a fucking movie here, retard. They should at least have the option to skip it in case people want to restart the game without wasting time.
>>
>>30736884
>not playing a game for the plot
Why even play it then?
>>
>>30736884
>i play games, but i don't give a shit about them
Your loss then
>>
>>30736968
The entire cutscene at the end could be summed up in less than 10 minutes. Watching people dance around isn't adding to the plot.
>>
Sometimes I wonder what all these babbies would have said about MGS4 when it first cane out.
>>
>>30736809
Not thay guy, but the forty minute cutscene at the end of this game was entirely too much.

At least break the cuscenes up so that the player can save and go do something else if they need to without forsaking their completed save file.
>>
>>30736884
What the fuck? Think about what you just said. You decided to put on the game so you have time to waste in the first place.
>>
>>30737052
Ya I had time to beat the elite 4 and finish the game. Not sit around AFTER that to watch a 40 minute cutscene that serves no purpose. I planned my time accordingly based on past games and thought that shit would end once I finish the pokemon league. The whole celebration scene was too long for no reason. Stop trying to defend your precious pokemon game like it can do no wrong.
>>
>>30737163
You know you can just close the screen and go do whatever you have to do, right?.. There's zero reason to be this mad.
>>
>>30737289
I'm actually mad you're trying to defend this bullshit because Game Freak has your head so far up their ass. X/Y did cutscenes right. This game didn't.
>>
>>30736575
Please leave, underage
>>
>>30737432
They could've done with a space to save midway through but your anger is completely unfounded. We've had to sit through credits for past games as well. You knew that there'd be a wait. AND AGAIN, you could've just closed the game and came back later.
>>
>>30736884
>skip cutscene
>lillie is gone and you have to google what happened to her
>hurr why wouldn't they have mentioned that

fuck off, its a long cutscene but it plays once per save file and then you never see it again. are you so autistic that you can't handle waiting 10 mins

if you wanted to skip the cutscene to start a new game so bad, did you not think to TURN OFF the game and do it you idiot?
>>
>>30737432
>X/Y did anything right
>
>>
>>30737537
I expected the credits. I didn't expect the dancing scene to last that fucking long
>>
>>30737028
Adding character to characters and life to a world is good storytelling
>>
>>30737163
>40 minutes cutscene
How fucking slow is your reading speed?
>>
>>30737574

Bottom screen.
>>
>>30737564
Who gives a fuck about Lillie
>>
>>30736575
>I can't experience fun nostalgia remembering my adventures with these people I met along the way
literal autism

Also you can just defeat Koko and rebattle later if you need to save beforehand that badly
>>
>>30738131
Or maybe I don't really care for these children's game characters?

I mean I understand, they're not for me, but I'm not interested in sitting and watching them dance

There's nothing wrong with the product because its built for the target audience and doing that well, but for me, and adult? I don't care for any of it.

Furthermore, I disliked the climax, I didn't give two shits about Lusamine's well-being. I hope kids do
>>
>>30738317
>*tips*
>>
>>30736575
>14 posters

The amount if samefagging to pretend OP is a minority is embarrassing. Just say you disagree Jesus fucking Christ not everything needs to be a meme war you retards
>>
>>30738131
This is all buzzwords. Seeing Mallow wave at Kiawe in the same way on three separate locations is not fun or engaging. It is repeating the same scenes over and over to force some warn emotion from me and falls flat for me
>>
>>30736575
You know you can knock it out and come back later, right?
>>
>>30738496
Ok cool but that doesn't justify the dancing cutscene lasting that long
>>
>>30736575
The dancing lasted for like 5 minutes, maybe 10 mins tops. You're legitimately autistic or you have ADD if you can't just sit and enjoy the ending cutscenes.

Like, this game was designed for kids who are probably pretty fucking happy they beat the game and they get this big celebration that applauds them, not hyperactive 20+ turbo spergs who just mash A through everything and shit on games on their mongolian weaving boards

Please fuck off and die
>>
>>30739254
I checked the time and the ending cut scenes are 20 minutes

Also, you are super angry at someone for not liking what you like

But that's expected when you deal with underage
>>
>>30736575
>>forced legendary battle against Tapu Koko with no way to save the game beforehand
This is literally the only problem with it. I settled on a Gentle Koko because I wasn't going through that bullshit again.
>>
>>30736575
>>30739412
>They didn't know that you could run and face Koko later
>>
>>30739412
You fucked up, anon. You can knock it out and come fight it again later, this time with an appropriate synchronizer in front
>>
>>30739390
>i checked
Where?

>super angry
I'm not the one who made a thread on the Pokemon board bitching and crying at others about his crippling autism and how he can't sit still for like 5 minutes, fucko.

Come back when you're not a newfag and you realize we can clearly see that out of the 40 odd posts ITT, only half of them are original posters
>>
>>30739570
I'm not the person who made the thread either, so that's not really Important

>where
I played the fucking game.

Seriously, the ending cutscenes really don't deserve the level if passion you are putting into your posts. Its actually kind of weird.
>>
>>30736575
Man, never play Final Fantasy VI
>>
Pretty sure XY's ending wasn't skippable.
>>
OP is a bitch, however GF needs to catch up with the rest of the industry. Pause/Skippable Cutscenes are practically an RPG standard and have been since even before XY.
>>
>>30739692
>i'm not the person who made the thread
Sure buddy

>i played the fucking game
Then you should know that shit's like 5 minutes long. The credits are probably about 10 minutes. Certainly nowhere near the 50 minutes that's being thrown around.

>level of passion
Is this how you argue with people in real life? "Lol dude if you try arguing something I don't like you're obviously being too passionate about it". You're just outright fucking pathetic and if I can tell this through the internet over a fucking discussion about the ending to a kid's game you're pretty fucked in general my man lmao
>>
>>30739845
Nobody has said 50 minutes. Nobody has even said 30. Seriously, its cool if you love the end of the game anon, but damn man. Slow down friend. We're all here for you. We can hug it out if you want.

And no, I know there's a million samefags reacting to OP but that doesn't mean you should get paranoid. I'm not him or her, don't worry. I know a million is a hyperbole but if you can throw around made up number I wanna get in on the action.

And yes, something as trivial as OP not liking a few minutes of cutscenes definitely doesn't deserve posts so passionate.

I could call you a faggot or something but its just cutscenes, I don't care if we disagree on something so trivial you massive underage
>>
>>30740057
>mega autist continuing his rantings
Yeah I'm not reading that. This is the reason why Hiro should have nuked this board
>>
File: 1475527904074.png (117KB, 305x382px) Image search: [Google]
1475527904074.png
117KB, 305x382px
>>30740230
>(You)ing a post just to proclaim you aren't reading it, after definitely reading it and having no response

If you really didn't care, you'd just stop replying. I keep going because I just wanna know what great things you'll say next

...or are you too autistic to spend 5 minutes reading a 4chan post. Maybe you just have ADD
>>
>>30736575
well, kill yourself.
>>
>>30736575
Kys nigger
>>
ITT: Autist complains that the game has a long final cutscene celebrating your victory and completion of the game as well as wrapping up the story.
>>
>beat game
>cutscenes
>extra battle
>more cutscenes
>long ass credits
>no sequel/bonus story bait
I'm okay with this.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (14KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
14KB, 233x216px
>>30740316
>frogposter
>has autism
>is a dumbass
>unironically browses the pokemon board in the year of our lord 2016
Yo man, how far down the rabbit hole are you? I'm kinda curious
>>
>>30740554
>no sequel/bonus story bait

UB sidequest.
>>
I could have done without three dancing cutscenes. Not interested in seeing nobodies like Ilima or Acerola doing the same Z-pose three times.
>>
>>30740592
This wasn't a post-credits tease, nor was it thrown in my face the moment I loaded the game back up. Nor was there a flag on the Rotom map telling me "hey, go here for more story, stupid!". It's a definite upgrade over ORAS.
>>
File: 1480792728155.png (245KB, 428x417px) Image search: [Google]
1480792728155.png
245KB, 428x417px
>Little Johnny is playing Pokemon Moon on a long road trip and can't charge his 3DS until he arrives at his destination because he doesn't have one that can plug into the car
>being the little shit he is, he hasn't saved since the beginning of the E4
>he beats them all, bests Kukui and enjoys his victory
>suddenly, a minute before Tapu Koko, his 3DS light turns red
>Little Johnny is now in a frenzy trying to get to the point only to find he now has to fight Tapu Koko and is not aware he can rebattle it
>ends up spending a few more minutes trying to capture it, and eventually succeeds
>further into the cutscenes, his parents can hear him mashing every button in an attempt to skip to the save prompt as his red light is now blinking
>as Lillie leaves for Kanto, his 3DS dies
>Little Johnny is now devastated at the idea of having to do all that shit again, hates Moon and screams at his parents demanding they take it back to GameStop when they get home
Congratulations, GameFreak!
>>
>>30740687
there was a key item given to you the moment after the credits rolled, describing where you should go to trigger this quest.
>>
>>30736575
OP, don't listen to these faggots, the ending really was unforgivable. It's not autistic to not want to see Hau do his stupid leap in the air double fist pump 50 fucking times. the ending was gay
>>
>>30740729
How bad does your fucking battery have to be for something like that to happen? If I was this kid's parent I would have taken his Moon and shoved my Tapu Koko up it
>>
>>30736664
Only true for the GBC games due to limited memory.

After that it's either blind traditionalism or a (((financial))) decision.
>>
>>30740793
The scenario implies that he's been playing for a long time, and knowing shitty children he didn't bother turning down the brightness or turning on Power Saver.
>>
>>30740746
>catching post-game pokemon
>quest
Ehh, there's always been pokemon you couldn't catch during the main story. Catching these hardly qualifies as a "quest" nor as something you shouldn't have been expecting from the moment they were introduced. The bait had been tossed long before the finale. A far cry from the Episode Delta tease.
>>
>>30740729
>Little Johnny is now devastated at the idea of having to do all that shit again, hates Moon and screams at his parents demanding they take it back to GameStop when they get home

Fuck that kid, my batteries died in my gameboy when I was a kid and I had to redo two whole gyms, but I didn't throw a fucking fit about it. Little Johnny needs to grow a pair.

The sad part is there are probably kids who are like this.
>>
>>30740584
Well, this reply is just boring, and really isn't saying anything. I guess the magic is gone. Ginnie one final (You) for the road
>>
>>30740797
>Only true for the GBC games due to limited memory.
Has nothing to do with it. Read the thread.
>>
>>30740880
This thread isn't worth reading desu
>>
>>30740729
Fuck that kid and fuck you for trying to make him seem sympathetic.
>>
>>30740584
This screams newfag trying to insult people the way he thinks people here normally do
>>
File: 1472705205257.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1472705205257.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>30736759
>People who own rare Pokémon will spark the envy of their friends. Even in the game world rare Pokémon are very popular. There’s a character who compliments you, saying “What a cute Pikachu you have!”, which is pretty much the same thing that happens in the real world

DELETE THIS
>>
>I HATE STORIES IN MY VIDEOGAME
>JUST GIVE ME THE BATTLE SIMULATOR I WANT
this is you, you fucking faggot
>>
>>30736575
Don't forget

>you are the champion
>ending is supposed to be about what you accomplished
>NOPE LILLIE HAS TO SHOW UP AND MAKE THE ENDING ABOUT HER LOL
>>
>>30736575
you lost koko didnt you lol
>>
>>30736575
SM did have the worst story. Lillie was annoying, and that ending was garbage.

Pretty much all the Pokemon Storylines have been garbage. Only Gen 5 BW was semi-good and that was just because of N
>>
>>30740729
if little Johnny was smart he would have closed the 3DS to save power like little Billy did
>>
>>30741320
>SM did have the worst story. Lillie was annoying, and that ending was garbage.
hahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>30741352
Justify Lillie

Go
>>
>>30736575
>Heard about the forced Tapu Koko battle
>Researched
>Found out I can kill it and return to battle it later with synchro mon
>Killed it
>Came back later and caught it
wow google
>>
>>30742744
>>Heard about the forced Tapu Koko battle
>>Have played a Pokémon game since Platinum
>>Killed it
>>Came back later and caught it
>>
>>30740057
>op literally started this thread complaining about a 40 minute cutscene
>people point out that it's about 5 minutes, maybe 10 minutes max
>"HURR DURR NOBODY SAID THE CUTSCENE WAS 30 MINUTES"

I know reading is hard, but with enough practice and guidance, you too can become literate, anon!
>>
>>30740729
Johnny needs to learn what closing his 3DS does.
>>
>>30740729
I've lost 20 hours of gameplay as a kid in FF3 before, and I got over it. Little Johnny gets no sympathy for being an impatient fool.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.