[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it wasn't for it's ability, Golisopod would've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: golisopod_by_marioshi64-daq8bok.jpg (69KB, 1241x643px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod_by_marioshi64-daq8bok.jpg
69KB, 1241x643px
If it wasn't for it's ability, Golisopod would've been one of the greatest, most flawless pokemon of all time. From an objective scale of course.
>>
>>30725751
So would Archeops. Life isn't far
>>
File: Amazee_Dayzee.png (8KB, 79x96px) Image search: [Google]
Amazee_Dayzee.png
8KB, 79x96px
You disgust me
>>
>>30725751
what if you used Araquanid to Entrainment it and give it Water Bubble for Aqua Jet spam?
>>
File: get out.png (79KB, 678x361px) Image search: [Google]
get out.png
79KB, 678x361px
>>
Golisopod is still great, you just have to actually put a bit of thought in to get the most out of it. It's not as good as it would have been with a different ability, but it's way more fun to use than it would've been otherwise.
>>
>>30725797
Might as well go with Slacking or Rigigigas then.
Protip: This shit does not work.
>>
>>30725751
I actually like him because of his ability.
>>
>>30725751
It's the ability that makes him great you damn pleb.
>>
It needs more coverage. Its only coverage options are Rock Slide, Brick Break and Sucker Punch. That's pretty pathetic.
>>
Swarm would've been more useful than emergency exit. But I guess it can be used to gain momentum since golisopod uses priority moves most of the time
>>
>>30725751
Does it actually have a mouth?
>>
>>30725751
It would be a pity to waste such an interesting ability on a NFE.
I don't get why so many people think it's Truant-tier. It only sucks when trying to catch something
>>
Its ability would be alright if it activated at the end of the turn, instead of immediately after hitting 50%. And if entry hazards weren't a thing.
>>
File: 105.png (330KB, 637x379px) Image search: [Google]
105.png
330KB, 637x379px
>>30726087
Yes
>>
>>30726060
True. It really should've gotten Stone Edge and EQ.
>>
I got one in a beast ball and want to make it fuck until it gives me strong children.
So wtf do I train this thing to do?
What nature??
>>
>>30726489
Adamant.
It's built to be a revenge killer, but it's bulky enought to try a sweeper set with sword dance/leech life/aqua jet/sucker punch, but I have no idea how actually good that is.
>>
>>30725751
Are you on dumb, my friend? Emergency Exit literally prevents you from making some stupid fucking decision and getting your ass kicked, or further damage being done. Looks like someone has already forgotten the first rule of the Guz Control.
>>
>>30726948
slaking
>>
>>30726948
>>30726961
I'd say add Mega Audino.
>>
>>30726087
Go cuddle a golisopod now
>>
>>30726948
>>
>>30727005
Is there anything good about Mega Audino?
>>
File: IMG_2363.jpg (228KB, 487x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2363.jpg
228KB, 487x573px
My favourite Gen7 Pokemon, and it has a shit ability and coverage.
>>
>>30727031
>>30727031
please do not propagate cancerous memes, thanks
>>
>>30726594
Losing all your boosts once you get to half HP isn't what you want, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>30727064
>having Incineroar as favorite anything

you deserve it
>>
>>30727056
Literally everything except its ability.
>>
>>30727074
> memes

The only "meme" here is giving Marshadow a useless ability like technician
>>
>>30727087
I mean Golisopod, pic is just how I feel.
>>
>>30727080
I know, but It's actually very bulky, so you might pull off a one time sweep counting on the surprise factor.
>>
>>30725751
If it wasn't for it's ability, Golisopod would've been "that one bug/water" and that's it.
>>
>>30725751
i would have loved if emergency exit showed an animation of gosilipod having a small body shot out of the back of the exoskeleton like it was ejecting out of a mech
>>
Assault Vest + Leech Life and First Impression with Emergency Exit is great on this you fucking pleb
>>
>>30727098
>>30727098
epic meme bro xD
>>
>>30726087
Yeah, and a big stupid grin if you pet its belly
>>
>>30727124
>Emergency Exit
>Instead of a free swap you get a 1 hp sub and your defense falls 2 stages.
>>
>>30727110
It's not worth it at all. A swords dance set goes against its ability rather than trying to synergize with the ability. You won't get the most out of it using a set like that.
>>
>>30725824
This.

/vp/ is too dense and competitively retarded to realize this, though. It's ability technically does function as a hindrance, but it's done in such a way where you can make plays with it. Anything from performing as a bulky pivot to an offensive Spiker that can pivot around incoming defogers/rapid spinners. It's not like Archeops where it's ability is a straight hindrance, it's an ability that really only harms it's consistency. It'll never stay OU, but it'll always be OU viable.

Really, it's biggets glaring flaw is that Leech Life is a so-so offensive recovery move.
>>
>>30727130
I forgot the majority of /vp/ is underage.
Come back at me with a real response, fuckwad.

Technician isn't a good ability.
Accept it.
>>
File: IMG_5366.png (250KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5366.png
250KB, 800x548px
Y'know

Its not even that awful, you can work around the ability, but what brings it down is mainly stealth rocks (but hazards in general really) and the sheer abundance of tapu lele

Its still not great, but it would be a lot more fun to use
>>
>>30727181
I know. Problem is you have to get tricky if you want to use it in any way other than revenge killing.
>>
>>30725751
Slaking
>>
>>30727196
>scizor
>>
>>30727126
I'm conflicted. I kinda hate Assault Vest because it usually isn't that good, but I can't think of many other things to run on it.
>>
>>30727196
that was epic
that was epic for the win anon xD

>>30727280
do not reply seriously
>>
>>30727225
Because it's a revenge killer. You'd have to get tricky to use a wall as a tank too, because it isn't what it's best suited for.
>>
>>30727289
Just use it. There is no better option.
You might be able to pull of some Z move gimmick shenanigan or something, but Assault Vest will be reliable. With maxed out Def. physical hits only scratch him most times, and the assault vest makes sure you don't get booted out by literally any special attack.
>>
>>30727315
>hurr technician isn't good
>is shown a pokemon that has been a top threat since like gen 4 because of its ability giving it one of the strongest priority moves in the game
>gets butt blasted

Fuck off
>>
>>30726182
Is Guzma wearing a hat on top of his black hair?
>>
>>30727481
He has black hair on the sides and white hair on the top.
>>
>>30727445
I'm considering my other options, so far they aren't pretty. There's the Z-move, and there's that item that boosts bug moves by 1.2x. Choice items are a no go, Life Orb is iffy with that ability. Maybe Leftovers if I want to run Spikes.
>>
Emergency Exit isnt SlowStart and Traunt tier, but I still wish it did something to makeit an improvement over Wimp Out.
GF should make an item that nullifies the holders ability. Would be funny for giving your opponent, and would be cool using Regigigas and Slaking as NO ITEMS, NO ABILITY, STATS ONLY NORMAL DESTINATION.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>30726182
>Yi Peng
(I mean yeah I know it's Yiliang but I kekked)
>>
>>30727112
Golisipod would be on everyone's team if it weren't for that ability. It hits hard and takes hits like a champ. It's ridiculously bulky.
>>
Emergency Exit doesn't activate when the enemy has Sheer Force, for some reason
>>
>>30727592
What happens when a pokemon with Klutz uses it?
>>
>>30727592
>X used Knock Off
>Slaking became lazy!
>>
I'm using one for the first time in my most recent run. It's pretty useful and if you plan around its ability it becomes an incredible asset. I'm thinking of giving it U-turn when I play online with it, just to do a bit o' mindfucking.
>>
File: zygarde complete.jpg (34KB, 780x440px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde complete.jpg
34KB, 780x440px
>>30725751
No, that would of been Perfect Zygarde if that shit actually was permanent and got a decent ability

Objectively speaking of course
>>
>>30725751
>If it wasn't for its ability, Golisopod would be hilariously easy to 2HKO instead of getting free momentum and at least two uses of a 90 BP STAB priority move coming from a generous Attack stat.

FTFY
>>
>>30725751
Correct
"would"
>>
>>30726156
This isn't like Shields Down or Schooling, where Golisopod gets some kind of advantage until a certain HP% and needs to keep that advantage until the end of the turn to not be useless.

Emergency Exit is the one thing keeping it from getting immediately focused down in, and even in Singles, it only brings the downside of not getting to use non-priority moves until its second time in.

Also, if you're really that worried about entry hazards, bring literally any Pokemon with Rapidspin/Defog. You have multiple Pokemon on your team for a reason.
>>
>>30727289
Life Orb. A boosted neutral-hitting First Impression (and even a SE Aqua Jet) is a real kick in the dick, and you'd be surprised at how often it turns "Emergency Exit on the next turn with 10% HP remaining" into "Emergency Exit on this turn with 50% HP remaining."
>>
>>30727190
The only real issue I can see is that you'd need to have a defogger to minimize the SR damage.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.