[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when the second wave of Megas was released? People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: 600px-015Beedrill-Mega.png (218KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-015Beedrill-Mega.png
218KB, 600x600px
Remember when the second wave of Megas was released?

People were divided over Mega Sableye because it lost Prankster, and the concept of a defensive Magic Bouncer was alien to people because it had never existed before?

People went crazy over Mega Lopunny's Scrappy High Jump Kick, its Speed, its perfect STAB coverage.

The outrage over Mega Audino. It lost Regenerator, it was the only gen 5 Mega.

People went insane over Mega Beedrill's minmaxed stats. The fact that they can and did go to such lengths to make Beedrill viable, of all things.

Mega Gallade had people convinced that it was a worse Mega Medicham. Some wanted it to be Fairy/Fighting, nobody could agree.

Ahh, good times.
>>
I love my beedrill so damn much because they gave him a mega.
>>
Two of my favourite mons got Megas and I was pissed, megas need to go the fuck away.
>>
>>30722819
How dare something you like get some love and attention!
>>
>>30722814
>tfw you bred a competitive shiny beedrill just because you liked the color well before mega beedrill was revealed
>>
>>30722819
Why would that piss you off?
>>
>>30722819
This is like that one guy who is buttblasted that his bro Marowak is now good.
>>
>>30722846
because Megas are ugly retarded Gimmicks.
>>
>>30722873
Ah, you're a fucking retard. Good to know.
>>
>>30722873
That still doesn't explain why you're pissed about your mons getting a direct buff.
>>
>>30722888
Its not a direct buff though, a direct buff would be them actually being buffed, instead of getting a mega evolution as a crutch. I dislike mega evolution as a mechanic because for a lot of pokemon they didn't need it and it really takes a lot out of "what item would be best" because in most instances, it's the pokemon's mega stone.

Having said that, i love beedrill and they were never going to be able to buff him enough to see use on his own, so I am still happy he received a mega. Same with mega pinsir.
>>
>>30723696
You still only get to use one mega though.
And besides, the best item is still life orb
>>
>>30722765
>The outrage over Mega Audino. It lost Regenerator, it was the only gen 5 Mega.
This is still the stupidest shit, they didn't even make up some stupid ability that does both, they just dumped it with healer for no real reason, they should just retcon it to triage
>>
>>30722765
Remember last year?
>>
File: megasteelixtraileranime.jpg (235KB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
megasteelixtraileranime.jpg
235KB, 1566x881px
>>30722765
Remember that mega no one cared about?
>>
>>30723995
If you gave it friend guard it would have a niche since nothing particularly strong gets that
>>
>>30724063
That thing felt really redundant when Aggron is a thing.
>>
>>30723696
>I dislike mega evolution as a mechanic because for a lot of pokemon they didn't need it
It really baffles me that Garchomp got one. It seems like they should be reserved for popular mons and shitmons who need a buff, and Garchomp is neither of those things.
>>
>>30724196
Isn't Garchomp popular for being the strongest Pokémon ever
>>
>>30724196
>popular

Garchomp is very popular. I do think it would have been better restricting Megas to weaker pokemon in general, none of the pseudos needed one (well, maybe Metagross for ORAS if nothing else)
>>
File: image.png (75KB, 287x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75KB, 287x455px
>>30722765
I remember not seeing a Mega Flygon on the ORAS datamine list and sighing deeply for the God knows which time
>>
>>30724211
I thought it was one of those things that nobody actually likes but everyone uses for its stats, like Keldeo in Gen V
>>
File: uraquagget.png (550KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
uraquagget.png
550KB, 800x800px
>>30724308
Fuck you it's a landshark and it's amazing. I fucking love the thing.

Best ground type is still Quagsire though.
>>
>>30724063

I really liked Steelix back in the day. I feel like the Mega was a chance to make it relevant, but they screwed it up with Sand Force.

It could work as a Tapu Koko counter, I guess.
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 300x300px
>>30724063
Most Johto Megas have been shit so far. But I still think this one takes the cake as far as "Megas no one asked for" are considered.
>>
File: tumblr_nh0h3uHTde1rib7oxo1_540.png (146KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh0h3uHTde1rib7oxo1_540.png
146KB, 540x675px
people thought mega metagross would be shit
>only 2 electric megas
>ORAS didnt release any new ones
lucky i like manectric,i still would of like a Mega Luxray electivire lanturn or Zebstrika
>>30724063
i only saw steelix mega evolution animation last week
>>
>>30722765
Mega Lopun is my favourite mon
>>
>>30724371

I honestly don't know what GameFreak were thinking with half of the Megas.

I mean, they want them to be useful competitively. They've shown that they know how to make good Megas, e.g. Lopunny, Sableye, Metagross, Venusaur.

... But then they just completely fuck up half of them. Audino feels like an unfinished half-concept. Aggron has no recovery. Banette has nothing going for it. Pidgeot has no coverage. Half of them are just slightly stronger versions of mons that are already good, and don't need the Mega. Garchomp, Latios, Latias, Tyranitar, and Blaziken are the most pointless Mega designs of the bunch.

Then again, the same thing worked for Scizor so maybe it's just hit-and-miss.
>>
>>30724529
Scizor only works because his mega buffs his defensive stats. Most of the "same except higher attack" Megas don't because you can usually just slap a Life Orb on the base Pokemon and achieve the same result, all while saving your Mega slot for something else.
>>
>>30722860
ground Marowak =/= A-Marowak
>>
>>30724529
For the megas of mons that are already good, most of the problem is that they didn't get better in ways that set them apart from their normal forms. Most of them do more damage with a Life Orb and don't benefit too much from the extra bulk. Scizor actually benefits from the extra bulk because it has a fantastic defensive typing, a priority move and reliable recovery. The normal form is better in doubles though, even though neither are very good in that format.
>>
>>30722765
Also, shell armor no regenerator Slowbro
>>
File: 105_01.png (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
105_01.png
50KB, 300x300px
>>30722860
im glad one of my favorites is now usable
>>
mega beedrill is adorable and i love it
>>
>>30724529
M8 Mega Tyranitar was a godsend for DD sets. While other megas do it better, it is definitely a mega designed to have it's own uses.
>>
>>30724529
But Mega Latias is better than the normal one for defensive sets.
>>
>The only Gen 5 mega is Mega Audino
I like it but absolutely nobody wanted it and to top it off it isn't even good in battle

>The only Gen 6 mega is Mega Diancie

WHY GIVE MEGAS TO FUCKING LEGENDARIES? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30724892
Story purposes.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.