[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/1 1/game-freak-discusses-l

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1481330017399.jpg (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481330017399.jpg
156KB, 1000x1000px
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/11/game-freak-discusses-localization-challenges-original-pokmon-games/

>Sugimori answered the question as to why there are only about 100 new Pokémon added with each release of a new game generation:

>“The reason why there are about 100 Pokémon added per game is not that we can’t come up with the ideas, especially when we have new staff – everyone can come up with unique ideas. The number is set by the duration of the project. Plus, if you added like 300 or so new monsters, that’d just be too many – we have to think of the balance of battles.”

>we have to think of the balance of battles.”

Here's why there's less than 100 Pokemon every gen now. Because Sugimori is too worried about balance so he focuses on making a healthy meta instead. This is everything in Alola is a slow piece of shit and shit BST distribution with a barren movepool unless you are a Tapu.
>>
he's not referring to tourneyfag balance. He's referring to in-game balance.

SuMo are balanced when you just take the in-game story into account
>>
File: 1464385205940.jpg (148KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1464385205940.jpg
148KB, 1111x597px
>we have to think of the balance of battles.”

uhhhh I think the 800+ pokemon already existing pretty much ruins this
>>
>>30718135
Not competitive battles only spergs do that

He's talking about how the game feels to play during the story (aka what 99% of people play the games for)
>>
>>30718167
See >>30718161
>>
>>30718161
haha yeah, imagine how much worse the game would be if they threw in some extra new pokemon that didn't have 5% encounter rates

imagine how much worse it would be if you also didn't find magikarp 90% of the time while fishing, it would totally ruin the experience
>>
competitive continues to ruin the game
>>
>>30718181
see >>30718167
>>
They do a pretty damn shitty job considering how much of an unbalanced piece of shit Pokemon is.

I'd give my right ball for Pokemon to be handled by good developers. Fuck everything. Why did it have the retards at Gamefreak to be the ones stumbling into the goldmine?
>>
File: IMG_4876.jpg (476KB, 2078x2107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4876.jpg
476KB, 2078x2107px
>>30718161
>SuMo
>>
>>30718161
Who gives a shit about in-game balance, what is there even to balance? You can sweep the game with a goddamn Caterpie.
>>
>>30718135
Is asking for Sinnoh tier percentage of new and old Pokémon too much?

I mean fuck, 1/5 of the Alola dex is essentially legendaries

Not to mention so many Pokémon can only be found or evolved so late

And are fucking impossible to find

Not to mention most are shit anyways. God Alola's dex bothers me so much
>>
>>30718254
Not in a sense of viability. In a coherent sense
>>
>>30718258
More Kanto Pokemon than new Pokemon :^)

What's the matter anon? You don't like to rekindle your first generation nostalgia?
>>
>>30718299
Maybe if it wasn't like that in the previous game

This regions's beginning is "how this place is so far away from Kanto"

There's literally more Kanto than Alola here. I mean like fuck

not to mention the region that is Kanto extended, GF pretends it doesn't exist
>>
>>30718373
I can't wait until the inevitable Kanto remake happens and there is no way to go to Johto. They probably won't even include the Sevii Islands either. Sad.
>>
>>30718373
>>30718373
*Oh I know that's bait but I've also been having a stressful day and I need to vent

And I actually enjoy Kanto more than most of /vp/ probablt
>>
>>30718182
Have you ever played the rom hacks of Black and White? 600+ catchable Pokemon during the Story makes the game feel grindy as fuck.
>>
>>30718496
M8 XY&ORAS hacks only made this worse
>>
>>30718161

>balanced

>cant even find a good 1/3rd of the dex without some arbitrarty methods such as Weather S.O.S encounters, tons of 1-5% encounter rates, and Raticate/Gumshoos/Fearow on every fucking route.

Maybe it is a good thing Gamefreak only sticks to 60 new Pokemon for every generation now, because they can't even handle ingame balance with the current pokemon now. Imagine what a shitshow the distribution SM would have if there was over 120 new mons?
>>
>>30718403
>you'll never visit the Sevii Islands again
>GF has forgotten them
This bothers me a lot. I want to go back, more than I want to visit any other region.
>>
>>30718161
>this mon that's okay but quickly becomes outclassed is shit even when you evolve it at the end of the game
>this mon that you get at the end of the game is okay but still isn't that good
>meanwhile you can get shit like Sylveon and Bagon near the beginning of the game
>>
>>30718583
BW2 was great though

So was Plat
>>
>>30718639
*salamance

You can find level 10 salamances
>>
>>30718668

But that was the Gamefreak that cared.

This is Neo-Gamefreak, when they realized they could shit in a case and it'd still sell tens of millions of copies. This is the same fanbase that will defend any retarded decision they still continue to make 20 years later.
>>
>>30718161
The fact that I was able to catch a Storm Drain Finneon before the Wishiwashi fight is not a sign of balance.
>>
>>30718731
>But that was the Gamefreak that cared.

no the gamefreak that cared died after heart gold/soul silver. That was their last big hurrah in putting an effort into a main series game. To me that was the last real pokemon game.

every game since then has been boring, bland, and no thought has been put into it.
>>
>30718833
Here, I'll give you a (You). It doesn't have a nice red or blue color you may want but you'll have to put some more effort in next time
>>
>>30718225
but think of all the poor kids that will find all the dirty stuff when they look up Pokemon SM on google :(
>>
They have to go and rebalance old mons. Nearly all of Gen III and Gen IV are mixed shitmons.
>>
>>30718833
>BW
>BW2
>bland

BW2 and HGSS are of equal highest tier quality
>>
>>30718161
>SuMo
Get the fuck out of here already.
>>
File: 1481170316375.gif (468KB, 206x202px) Image search: [Google]
1481170316375.gif
468KB, 206x202px
>>30718135
>"we have to think about the balance of the battles"

So it's pretty much confirmed that competitive is ruining this game for casuals, right?

Great.
>>
>>30719672
No, he's talking about in-game, not competitive.

Did the Tapus and UBs not tip you off?
>>
>>30718135
>he focuses on making a healthy meta instead.
sure he does
>>
>>30718161
The ingame isn't balanced at all.

Aside from the Pokes being new there is no reason at all to use most of the Alola Pokes you find in the game because of the plethora of older Pokes available that outperform them in every way.

The ingame might be balanced if they didn't make so many Alolan Pokemon worse than older generation Pokemon and reduced the amount of older Pokes.
>>
>Sugimori: "We want to balance the in-game."
>Makes the early encounter Pokemon like Grubbin and Crabrawler not evolve until the very end
>Doesn't fix the evo levels of other early encounter end-game evolvers like like Rufflet and Vullaby
>Cripples the speed stats of new countless new Pokemon, even when it flies in the face of common sense
>Restricts a large chunk of the new Pokemon to the post-game
>KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO

Commit sudoku already you senile old Princess Peach humper.
>>
SM has one of the most obnoxious distribution rates in the franchise, I don't want to wade through hordes of shit I've been seeing for the past 20 years to get the multiple 5-10% new encounters. It's even worse when you look at how many legendaries take up the alolan dex or how alolan kanto pokemon also pad it out.
>>
>>30719247
Mah nigga!
The extra postgame content in HGSS and BW2 are what make them the best in the series. OrAs could have benn in this same tier if they had included the Battle Frontier, but alas.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.