[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all those axed megas >none of the genIII megas made it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: gen4starters.jpg (67KB, 654x648px) Image search: [Google]
gen4starters.jpg
67KB, 654x648px
>all those axed megas
>none of the genIII megas made it to S/M
>you will never see mega evos for genIV starters

How do we feel about this?
>>
>>30717434
>none of the genIII megas made it to S/M
Sableye and Metagross, the only 2 that matter, are in SM.
>>
sad, I like empoleon, favourite water starter, design-wise.
>>
I feel good. I don't like megas.
>>
File: 1479811616700.jpg (61KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1479811616700.jpg
61KB, 540x429px
>no Infernape with Contrary
>>
>>30717434
Good, fuck megas.
>>
>>30717434
>buff Mega Beedrill with mechanical changes and buff it's signature move
>leave it out of the game
>>
>>30717483
Meant to say:
>none of the genIII starter megas made it to S/M
>>
>>30717434
Best dragon, orange barney, has been mediocre for a long time but Marvel scale saved it. I'm still on high from when it finally got an HA that I can overlook the lack of mega for him.

Stay strong gen IV friends!
>>
>>30717483
Mawaile and garde has a word to you
>>
>>30717434
They were the mons I most wanted to get Megas. I'm pretty pissed they scrapped what seemed to be a game changing feature for crappy gimmicks like Z-Moves and Alola forms
>>
>>30717773
They scrapped a gimmick for another gimmick.
>>
>>30717773
I ended up liking z-moves, and who could hate the idea of old pokemon with crazy region based differences?
>>
>>30717922
Z moves are pointless, and Alola forms are basically lazier genwun pandering megas with no stat changes.
>>
Of course they would cut megas for a couple of years since the novelty has wore off. Including them at all in gen 7 means they have more plans for the mechanic obviously.
>>
I can't wait for new megas to show up so they meme ends. Before it was "megas won't be in Sun and Moon" and now it has become "There won't ever be new megas again" when no official source has stated this.
>>
>>30717434
I always give GameFreak credit for the fact that almost all, if not every, Pokémon has fans

With that said, I personally think the Gen IV starters are garbage-tier when compared to every other generation's starters and could not care less if they don't get megas

Gen IV was the first generation where I chose a starter arbitrarily because I wasn't really excited about any of my choices. Frankly I feel there are other Pokémon out there who should get megas before these guys but hey if they ever do, maybe I'll like them better
>>
>>30717434
>all those axed megas
Do we know about any except for Flygon?
>>
>>30717434
>you will never see *official* mega evos for genIV starters
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>30717434
>you will never see mega evos for genIV starters

I don't know, i still have my first infernape from diamond, thanks to hyper training i will be able to make him almost competitive, a mega would be nice but i think his design is perfect already

Knowing gamefreak his mega could end up looking like a SSJ 3 transformation or something really horrible
>>
File: 1480105559155.jpg (86KB, 463x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480105559155.jpg
86KB, 463x480px
>>30717434
All of the gen 4 starter middle evos look so bad
>>
>>30721672
"Official" are the only megas that matter, because they're the only real megas. Some faggot's fanart is just some faggot's fanart.
>>
>>30721593
He means how a shitton of Mega Stones aren't available in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>30721803
That's just because starters are always artistanally designed to be cute in their first form and cool in their final form, and then someone has to throw together something to go in the middle.
>>
>>30722245
They'll distribute them later as events, since SM has only one event exclusive Pokemon (thank god). It doesn't mean they were "axed".
>>
>>30722310
>Magearna
>Marshadow
>Ash-Greninja
>Ash-Pikachu
???
>>
I never used any Megas in XYORAS Besides Lucario for the ascension because I think you NEED to, to win that battle and even if you don't my reason stands, I thought you needed to
I finally decided I would use Mega Metagross to help me in the tree in SM, and boy was I let down. I hate Megas even more now.
>>
>>30722258
Middle evo is always the awkward puberty phase for pokemon.
>>
>>30722349
Don't you appreciate that mega metagross continues the design trend of each evolution being two of the previous fused together?
>>
>>30717506
This desu
Megas on the gen 4 starters would look bum-fuck retarded, even by mega evolution standards
>>
>>30722412
I'd appreciate if Infernape became more Goku and got a cloud and staff.
>>
>>30722258
I didn't find any of the Gen IV starters cute.
>monkey with ass on fire
>some dopey looking thing with a plant on its face
>piplup, more cute than the other two, but still looks incredibly ugly.

This was the first generation I liked the middle stages over the starts.
Grotle, Monferno were cool as fuck, Prinplup reminded me of someone with downie all dressed up nice.
>>
>>30717483
Was Mega just removed?
>>
>>30722484
>not liking Piplup

Was Mudkip ass ugly too? How about Totodile or Squirtle, ugly? The only abomination to some out of water types is Oshitwut and Popplilol.

The only one that remains true to being an abomination down its whole evo line is Oshitwhy.
>>
>>30722433
I agree. The gen IV final starters already look over-designed with all the markings on them e.g. empoleons tie, tortera's rocks.

If they were to give them megas, they ought to keep them with simple changes, like maybe making infernape more of a boxer with fire volcanos coming out of its fists etc.
>>
File: 1479323129688.png (4MB, 2016x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1479323129688.png
4MB, 2016x1608px
>>30722523
Totodile was pretty ugly but a total bro
>>
>>30722523
Piplup = Oshawott in my books.
Both have massive big round heads and unlikeable pudgy light blue bodies.

Piplup was the best looking pokemon of the three, but that isn't saying much when you've got assfire dogshit-headed monkey
>>
>>30722559
Totodile was bad-ass with its teeth, but it's tiny arms made it very dopey looking.
>>
>>30721803
I like monferno
>>
File: autism trio.png (234KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
autism trio.png
234KB, 800x600px
>>30717434
A shame since gen IV was the last gen to have 3 solid starters but maybe we got a universal reset since Gen V had 3 shit tier starters, Gen 6 has 2 shit tier starters, and gen VII had only 1 shit tier starter
>>
>>30722349
>testing a Pokemon in the Battle Tree
>blaming the Pokemon when you eventually lose
>>
>>30717434
little disappointed since i hyped it up so bad but im sure theyll still do something cool like give them exclusive z moves.
>>
>>30723157
Who gives a fuck about z moves?

Do people use them competitively? Aren't they all like pow 200, OHKO every time type of thing?

It's literally a single player only, "we can't have the kiddies losing", type of mechanic. Literally pointless for the post game.
>>
>>30723236
There are a few particularly notable Z-Status moves worth taking notice of.
>>
>>30723236
>Do people use them competitively?
Probably
>Aren't they all like pow 200, OHKO every time type of thing?
Nope, Z-Splash increases all Stats by one, Z-Swords Dance sets all stat boost/loss levels to 0 before boosting attack by 2 levels, Alola-Raichu has a huge attack with 100% chance of paralysis.
>>
>>30723236
Z-moves are basically Gem, they can be used to break through a pokemon that can give problems to a team and simply remove it. The only bad thing is once you used it, it doesn't go away so you can't abuse stuff like Unburden or Acrobatics. Outside of that, they can be pretty helpfull, especially since they can break through Protect.
Offensive Z-moves probably aren't that popular, but stuff like Z-Partingshot and Z-Conversion can be very helpful. And VGC players love using Z-moves.
>>
>>30717773
I like Alola forms, Z-moves are cancer though
>>
>>30723278
>>30723283
So much for breaking the speed meta.

The last thing competitive pokemon needs is more sweeper power.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.