[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think earthquake is more effective but my autism won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Alolan_Marowak.png (334KB, 882x882px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan_Marowak.png
334KB, 882x882px
I think earthquake is more effective but my autism won't let me run it over bonemerang. How can I overcome this? What set do you use for this Pokémon?
>>
>>30717223
The same thing happened to me, my autism can´t let me use earthquake on Mudsdale instead of High Horsepower
>>
Bonemerang is probably better because EQ does half damage in Grassy Terrain. Also Bonemerang gets through subs. Let your autism be relieved
>>
>>30717223
bonerang breaks subs/sash/sturdy, technically sometimes has higher damage rolls, and isn't affected by grassy terrain, which is why it's on the smogon analysis for marowak in gen6

this isn't likely to change for gen 7 especially with tapu bulu
>>
Just give earthquake to someone else on your team. Get a dugtrio or something.
>>
>>30717256
High Horsepower and Bonemerang aren't affected by Grassy Terrain and don't have to be worked around in Doubles, so both are good alternatives based on the situation.
Also, Bonemerang cuts through Sturdy/Sash/Disguise and Substitute.
>>
>>30717223
>I think earthquake is more effective

it's not though. bonemerang is actually better because of how common grassy terrain is. Breaking sashes and subs is a bonus.
>>
I have similar predicament. Metagross has a unique EQ animation so I feel like I'm "supposed" to use EQ on it, even though it has other coverage options and I have another teammate with EQ.
>>
File: 105_01.png (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
105_01.png
50KB, 300x300px
>>30717256
just stick with bonemerang
you miss then you miss its just apart of the game
>>
>>30717223

bonemerang is better because it breaks subs and is stronger in grassy terrain.
>>
>>30717223
Earthquake gets cucked by Bulu and can't hit through Disguise/Sub
Literally original Marowak's niche for the last few gens has been hitting shit hard and not being stopped by subs
>>
>>30717223
Isn't Bone Rush better than Bonemerang anyway?
>>
>>30717486
Only if it hits 4-5 times.
>>
>>30717223
Bonemerang doesn't get nerfed by Tapu Bulu's ability. EQ is inferior in everyway.
>>30717486
If Marowak had Skill Link, maybe.
>>
>>30717223

Bonemerang does the same damage, and isn't fucked over by Grassy Terrain.

The only drawback is the 90% accuracy, but it's worth it.
>>
>>30717223
>Breaks through subs, disguise, focus sash, sturdy, multiscale, and shadow shield.
>Doesn't get screwed over by grassy terrain
>Only drawback is that it has 90% accuracy
>>
>>30717223
Don't sweat it, bonemerang is better.
>>
File: Based meta destroyer.jpg (102KB, 852x938px) Image search: [Google]
Based meta destroyer.jpg
102KB, 852x938px
How is this?

Thicc Club
Careful
Lightning Rod
Bonemarang
Shadow Bone
Flare Blitz
Will-o-Wisp
>>
>>30719032
I prefer Adamant. And if you wanna use flare blitz go for rock head instead
>>
>>30719291
Thick Club makes up for Careful nature and Lighting Rod Shuts down Top Kek and Xurkitree

But yea he should replace Flare Blitz
>>
>>30719032
This is what im using but adament and earthquake.
Earthquake not hitting twice like bonemerang has cost me some battles but it does its job most of the time.
But lightning rod is way to good to give up for a switch into a thunder wave.
>>
>>30717223
So is this the basic set for A-Marowak
@Thicc Club
Adamant
Shadow Bone
Bonemerang
Will-o-wisp
Flame Charge/Fire Punch (which one is better?)
>>
>>30719458
But the special defense of marowak it's rather mediocre and being weak to ghost and dark which are mainly special attacks I wouldn't use it with a careful nature, Also it's slow so you have to hit and kill. I haven't got in many battles this generation so don't trust me very much
>>
I use one on AG and passed it evasion and speed
Adamant @thicc club
Lighting rod evs on hp and attack
Belly drum
Shadow bone
Bonemerang
Fire punch
Maybe I can try a more defensive ev spread but not sure what
>>
>>30719653

flareblitz
>>
>>30719653
@Thick Club
Adamant
Shadow Bone
Bonemerang
Flame Charge
Flare Blitz

This is how I run mine, hasn't dissapointed.
Except for those really unfortunate Bonemerang misses of course, I'm seriously considering dropping the meme for another move.
>>
File: wigglywires.gif (1MB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
wigglywires.gif
1MB, 676x510px
>>30717223

>not running bonemerang to deal with this sub tail glowing faggot
>>
>>30719796
he's way too slow to get away with a belly drum, even passing it speed.
>>
>>30719735
Yeah but he resists so much. He resists Fairy, Steel, Fire, Posion, Grass which all tend to be special. Investing in his SpD makes sure that he shuts down threats like 3/4ths of the tapus and stuff like magnezone/magnearna or salazzale.

Besides thicc club really makes your Atk overkill. You don't need to put all your EV's into Atk to one shot things.
>>
>>30719291
>>30719458
What to replace Flare Blitz with? Flame Charge?
>>
So give me the run down: Careful or Adamant? EV spreads?

Can a SpD focused Marowak still bring enough damage threat to be useful and slap around Tapus and UBs?
>>
>>30720193
I see your point. I try some battles simulations to see how it is

>>30720365
As long as you give it the t-tick bone it will hard
>>
How many attack can an uninvestment Marowak can get with the thick club?
>>
>>30720365
Yes, in fact that is the recommended type of marowak
>>
>>30720512
I've invested only 16 EVs into attack to get it over 400.
>>
I feel like they should've given Boomerang the same treatment as Freeze Dry and made it SE against flying types
>>
>bonemerang STILL can't hit flying types

Get your shit together GameFreak
>>
>>30717318
This. The advantages of Bonemarang make up for the accuracy hit, if only because Tapu Bulu is now a thing.
>>
>>30719032
I'd go Adamant or Impish. You can invest EV's in Special Def, but the stat is too low to really benefit from a nature. Remember that Nature bonuses are more valuable on higher stats.
Adamant is probably better overall, because you are also getting a buy one-get one free deal on any Attack purchase made through Nature, Effort or Individual values thanks to the club.

Consider going Fire Punch. It should still utterly destroy Bulu or something.
>>
With the slow meta I'm running mine brave to upset tr teams. Outslowing their ace is delicious.
>>
>>30721248
>tfw your bro wouldn't be relevant in a meta without tapus
>>
this thread is literally just a bunch of posts saying the same thing.

why does each person feel compelled to tell the op that bonemerang isn't affected by grassy terrain and breaks through subs when there are multiple posts before saying the exact same thing?
>>
>>30722164
Which reminds me, did you know bonemerang is unaffected by grassy terrain and breaks through subs/sturdy/disguise?
>>
>>30717223
Nah, bonemerang is better with bulu running rampant. Earthquake gets shafted by grassy terrain.
>>
>>30719653
F L A R E B L I T Z
You dont need rock head to use flair blitz man
>>
>>30722463
But you need lightening rod to absorb those volts it is no longer naturally immune to.
>>
>>30722164
cause op dont get it! Its really not affected by grassy terrain and it breaks through subs!
>>
>>30717223
op, bonemerang isn't affected by grassy terrain and breaks through subs.
>>
>>30717223
Earthquake has its fine points. The small difference in accuracy doesn't look like all that much of a problem, but it can be quite annoying when it does affect things. Grass Terrain is obviously a point to consider in Bonemerang's favor, though unless you're planning to run it yourself you can try to play around it.
>>
>>30717223
>breaks through subs/sash
>isn't affected by meme terrain
Bonemerang is the superior option.
>>
I run Bonemerang/Flare Blitz/Shadow Bone/Perish Song
>>
>>30722164
I heard a rumor that bonemerang isn't affected by grassy terrain and breaks through subs. Is that true?
>>
>>30717318
This
Bonemerang > Memequake
>>
>>30717223
Bonemerang has its niche uses. It can break Substitute, Focus Sash and abilities. The lower accuracy hurts, but it's a cool move to have available. Even in doubles I'd say it's a case of either or, especially with Grassy Terrain around.
>>
>>30717223
I personally prefer earthquake because its perfect accuracy but I realize it get fucked by bulu
>>
>>30722212
Tapu Bulu is actually the least run Tapu. And in most scenarios, Flare Blitz is the better option, outside of Heatran and Half Health Tyranitar switching in.
>>
>>30721298

>fire punch

Bank only
>>
I like Bonemerang for hitting Mimmikyu.
>>
Bonemerang is the better option. It hits twice, breaking subs, Sash, Sturdy, and is uneffected by Grassy Terrain.
>>
>>30717223
Let me guess, you run merciless and baneful bunker on Toxapex?
>>
>>30728199
Not op but why would someone do that? That's not even a real comparison. Marowak has a long bone on its artwork and model.
>>
i swapped to eq and realised how many sturdy and subs bonemerang actually broke. fuck eq
>>
>>30717223
Pretend he taps his bone on the ground and makes an earthquake.
>>
>>30733493
That sounds badass actually
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.