[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We come up with Other Metas. Metas that change certain parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0087.png (371KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.png
371KB, 1000x592px
ITT: We come up with Other Metas. Metas that change certain parts of battling, like STABmons, which grants all Pokemon all moves that share their type.

Weakness Insurance:
>Depending on how many weaknesses a Pokemon has, they are able to have that many moves at once.
>Pokemon with 6 weaknesses can have 6 moves at once, while a Pokemon with only 3 weaknesses can use only 3 moves.
>>
Pseudomon:
Every Pokémon has a BST of 600, distributed proportionally to their original base stats.
>>
>>30713790
Enjoyablemons
Common stall Pokemon, movesets, and items are banned
>>
>>30713790
Natural mons

No tutor,TM's ,egg moves and no HA
>>
>>30714072
Kick it up a notch, Pokemon can only use moves they would learn at level 1.
>>
Soundcannonmons

Only moves that can be blocked by Soundproof and Bulletproof are allowed. Bulletproof and Soundproof are banned, and substitute is pointless.
>>
normal trainer mons

all legendaries are banned, even shit like type:null and cosmog.
>>
z-mons

all moves are replaced by their respective z-moves. all restrictions on z-moves are removed.
>>
Beastboostmon

All pokemon have their ability set to beast boost, replacing their normal ability.
>>
>>30714072

this would be fuckin interesting, i'd love to see it
>>
File: drowzee anime gif.gif (498KB, 405x304px) Image search: [Google]
drowzee anime gif.gif
498KB, 405x304px
Metronome 'Mons.

The only legal Pokemon are those that are able, in whatever way, to learn Metronome.

Metronome is revised to have 40 PP. All normally legal items are allowed, so players can use Leppa Berries if they want, or Sitrus Berries or whatever.

OHKO and Sleep Clauses are NOT in effect.

Four Pokemon per player so that it doesn't take TOO long.
>>
>>30719077

these is already a metagame.
>>
File: drowzee hypno.png (207KB, 386x300px) Image search: [Google]
drowzee hypno.png
207KB, 386x300px
>>30719151

it's not available on Showdown. if it's a rotating metagame then damn don't I wish it was permanent
>>
>>30719211

oh I don't know if it's official or not. But people have been playing metronome only since gen 1 and it was an official tier on at least one simulator.
>>
Rivalmons:
>Your team must feature one--and only one--starter line
>In addition, you must have one--and only one--eeveelution or Unova monkey, I guess, if you're into that that is super-effective against the starter that counters your from the same trio
>No legendaries or unbreedable gift Pokémon
>Your team can only have up to five Pokémon
>>
>>30713908
this is to go even further;

Sensible Pseudomons:
Every Pokémon with a BST below 600 gets a boost to 600 with an even distribution to their original base stats. Gain abilities and move pools that make sense to the Pokémon as well.
>>
Tiermons: Your team must consist of one pokemon from each tier: 1 Uber, 1 OU, 1 UU, 1 RU, 1 NU, and 1 PU. BL mons count for the tier above them.
>>
mump
>>
Swapmons:

At the start of the battle, both players get to choose one of the opponent's Pokemon to take, the chosen Pokemon are swapped.
>>
Hindermons:
Every one of your Pokémon gets their ability replaced by a hindering ability, depending on what slot they are in.
>Slot 1 Truant
>Slot 2 Normalize
>Slot 3 Slow Start
>Slot 4 Defeatist
>Slot 5 Klutz
>Slot 6 Emergency Exit
>>
Stat Inversion:

Every Pokemon's base stats in this metagame become equal to 255-their base stat (in blissey's case, her HP base stat is 1.) This makes Pokemon with lower stats become the strongest. I'm going to say Smeargle would probably be banned right off the getgo,
>>
>>30713790
>No TM Regionals
>>
>>30719419
>"Ah shit your Mega Rayquaza killed my Greninja, time to get swept"
>>
>>30719419
This could work if it's like 1 UU, 1 RU, 2 NU and 2 PU.

OU and Ubers are too powerful for something like this.
>>
>>30721142
I like this. I like this a lot.
>>
Light Footed:
The Speed stat is ignored; turn order instead goes lightest to heaviest.
>>
>>30721223
Swap EE with Stall
>>
>>30714072
>this gym only accept NATTY GAINS
>>
>Generations
Only one Pokemon of each generation. Since there are 7 now, you can leave one gen out. Banlist is either GF's Special Pokemon or Smogon's Ubers, whatever works.
>>
I feel the need to point out that these are formats, not metagames, since you made an image for it and all.

Family Tournament: All your Pokémon must be in the same egg group.
Point Victory: Winner is based on who got most points, based on predefined conditions (e.g. get +6 in a stat, deliver the last hit to 3 opposing mons with the same move, induce 3 different type of weather, terrain and/or room effects)
Mental Gymnastics: Physical attacks are now special, and vice-versa.
>>
Retro:
Physical/Special is based on type (Fairy is special)
Abilities aren't applied.
>>
>>30713908
>>30719363
This should be a thing in-game so shitmons without Megas can actually get some use.
>>
>>30718495
>Z-Stockpile Guzzlord
>Z-Geomancy Power Herb Xerneas
>>
>>30718439
HOLY SHIT MAN I WISH THIS WAS JUST HOW IT WORKS
>>
Is there a Battle Factory format? Start off with 6 random pokemon, pick 3, battle against another trainer, get to pick one of their mons, with the only the information you saw about them in-battle.

Should show the opponent's streak when the battle starts, and of course let you pick up where you left off if you log off or whatever.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.