[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon wants to become an esport >can't crack down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 43

File: 1467437577477.gif (202KB, 148x150px) Image search: [Google]
1467437577477.gif
202KB, 148x150px
>pokemon wants to become an esport
>can't crack down on cheaters
Why even bother? Even fucking Beyblade probably has more street cred than this franchise when it comes to competitive environments.
>>
>>30713457
Because hacked pokemon don't change shit in the battle.
Why the fuck even care you Verlis fag
>>
>>30714400
fpbp

dumb frogposter is dumb
>>
https://worldbeyblade.org/
>>
>>30714438
I'm now interested in the machinations of a Beyblade tournament.
>>
File: wnYTz7L.jpg (119KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
wnYTz7L.jpg
119KB, 602x655px
>>30714438
>>
>>30714400
>hidden power
>>
>>30714541
>Every Pokemon can get every hidden power, it will just take you a while to get the right one tard
Try Harder verlis
>>
>>30714565
Time is a barrier
>everybody who isn't a cheater is Verlisify!
>>
>>30713457
don't talk shit about me and my beyblades ever again.
>>
>>30714583
>Time is a barrier
I'm against cheating and that's bullshit akin to turning off the Exp. Share because "Muh grinding time is part of the difficulty"
>>
>>30714583
You don't have the time to train, don't play then. But don't stop other people from trying to play retard
I'm not sure how you not having the time affects anyone else
>>
>>30714605
>needing to grind in pokemon
>I was super lucky to catch this shiny landorus with hidden power and perfect IVs :^)
>>
>>30714625
>injecting
>playing
pick one
>>
Game Freak doesn't want to crack down on cheaters. People think they can't, especially cheaters themselves that think they are super slick for lying in the tourny. Game Freak is just retarded. Masuda himself goes to these things and back in the day you couldn't even breed perfect 31 pokes but there were a whole bunch of shinys and shit going around and he doesn't care. They don't give a fuck, they can lie in their own bed of a retarded joke "competitive" game.
>>
>>30714633
I bet you think anyone that has any good pokemon cheated. It's literally impossible to call people out on possible hacks without sounding like a complete hypocrite.
>>
>>30714633
If your a proper competitive battler then you will grind to get right HP and Ev's
The shiny doesnt matter either way
>>
>>30714625
But that actually applies to injectorfags
>b-but I actually have to play the game this is so unfair

>>30714662
>>30714666
>this shiny Dream Ball Aegislash is totally legit guise :^)
>>
>>30714645
>Injecting
>Playing tournaments
A lot of people play the tournaments but don't enjoy grinding for hours.
How they got the pokemon has no impact on tournament so who cares
>>
>>30714438
so like how does it work

all you do is spin the thing
>>
>>30714695
Why play in tournaments for games that you don't want to play?
>>
>>30714438
...Shit, this is a fucking blast from the past. I used to be a Beyblade pro, believe it or not. I had real street cred

>>30714475
When I played, it was best of three bullshitting around. It was actually kinda fun
>>
>>30714681
>It's cheating because your friend traded you that pokeyman and he probably cheated and you didn't use the ball I want you to use!!!!!
>>
>>30714681
That's obviously injected but it still had zero effect on the outcome of the tournament
>>
>>30714732
>ball combination is literally impossible
>I-I swear it was my friends I swear I didn't know :^)

>>30714746
Cheating is cheating is cheating is cheating
Also less time breeding equals more time to play VGC
>>
>>30714722
Sounds pretty cool. Is it mostly luck based?
>>
>>30714400
>one guy spends days getting his team
>the other just presses a few buttons
Yeah, doesn't change shit
>>
>>30714681
The tournament managers dont fucking care about how they got the pokemon cause it's not a "Pokemon Raising Competition"
It's a battling competition so who cares how they got it? You can breed, others can inject
Just fuck off
>>
>>30714788
>I-It's the ball combination that makes me mad, ignore everything else I said about not grinding time.
>>
>>30714695
How they got the pokemon has every impact on the tournament, the cheaters wouldn't even be there otherwise.
>>
>>30714809
The rules state that hacked and injected pokemon are illegal.

Why play in competitions for a game you don't even like?

>>30714820
>ball combination is literal proof that you cheated
>d-d-d-d-d-deflection!
>>
>>30714788
>>30714806
If you weren't retarded you'd realize that the people breeding can just practice on showdown while they breed because it doesn't take 100% of their concentration idiots
>>
Whoa I thought I was back in Gen6
>>
>>30714845
Is this a joke? You're fucking stupid mate
>>
>>30714792
Beyblade is all about the spinner when I played it. Spin that shit super fast and give it way more energy, doesn't really matter if you get hit or not, unless you get stuck in a corner it's usually the one with the most starting energy wins iirc.
>>
Still think its bullshit that you can't legally get a Porygon in a Beast Ball. Fucks sake Gamefreak, how fucking hard would it be to just explore through a digital world and LOOK for wild Porygons and shit? It'd make autists like this less prone to cry as well
>>
>>30714836
And if I soft reset x amount of times and got it, you would still complain, since its literally impossible to discern a hacked mon from a legit one, save idiots that try to get fancy with pokeballs.
>>
>>30714871
>people who want the rules enforced are autists
I bet you spam Trump threads on /v/ too
>>
>>30714878
No one would complain cheater faggot. Stop justifying your weak bullshit.
>>
>>30714565
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>30714912
>No one would complain
Literally anything with the correct Hidden Power would trigger you into oblivion you hypocrite. Don't lie to yourself
>>
>>30714859
How?
It get's rid of the problem of having less time to practice. Stop complaining you idiot
>>
>what do you mean I can't just use steroids in competitions, I'm just saving time!
>what do you mean I can't use preprepared food in a cooking competition, I'm just saving time!
>what do you mean I can't just buy an essay to turn in for my class? I'm just saving time!
>>
Hey hackers, save yourself time and kill yourself now, it's the same in the end anyway.
>>
>>30714836
>"I'd have a chance to win if people who were better than me at battling weren't there!"
>>
>>30714947
>I totally got this pentaperfect shiny legendary with the right HP by soft-resetting I swear :^)
>>
>>30714942
Accidental green post, that was me talking
>>
File: w r o n g.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
w r o n g.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>30714934
>Part of why competitive pokemon is so popular right now is because of PKHeX.

It's because of Showdown. PKHex is very inaccessible for the average normie, most people just update their 3DS by default and aren't aware of how to homebrew, plus the actual games have no support for any format other than VGC and Battle Spot, Showdown is a lot more popular.
>>
>>30714987
>implying I waste my time on this shit at all.
Not an argument by the way so you just lost because the point still stands and you were wrong. Now fuck off?
>>
>>30714998
>using somebody else's work
Degenerates like you should be shot in the gutter
>>
>>30714967
>You used protein shakes to save time, you're a cheater!
>You used bottled milk instead of taking the 20 hours to pasteurize it yourself, you cheater!
>You cited someone else's experiment instead of running your own study group, you cheater!
>>
>>30714792
It's all about the money you spend on the game and raw muscle memory in being able to perfect the shots.

A lot of it was knowing bey matchups and which ones would beat other ones through physics and shit, but having enough was expensive.

The worst example I can think of is the rubber tips, which wore down incredibly quickly and had to be replaced. Those were not sold separately. Those were sold with a new beyblade entirely. It gets worse. One of the best tips was packaged with a Japanese set that cost about hundred dollars including import fees. The tip was literally the only good part of the set and the rest sucked.
>>
>>30714992
And if I did, you wouldn't believe me, so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>30715062
It's so statistically unlikely that it's all but impossible

GF should simply ban all unbreedable pokemon as they only encourage injection and cheaters
>>
>>30715034
This is the dumbest post I read today
>>
>>30715034
None of those involve taking unfair shortcuts or somebody else's work.
>>
>>30714967
All of those are irrelevant
The thing you're forgetting is that its a BATTLING competition not a pokemon raising

Steroids don't give the same effects as training beacause it pushes you further than natural. Hacked pokemon are the same as legit.

Preprepared food is just like skipping the actual battle completely because you're removing the actual competing part from the competition.

Buying an essay is the same as the food example. A better example would be writing essay on computer or writing on paper. Computer is much faster but either way the result is the same
>>
>>30715018
>The only people that are triggered by it either don't have shit to do with it or are so shit at it that they need to make excuses.
>>
>>30715113
All of those remove the actual process of creation from yourself and involve just taking them from other people.

Pokemon raising is an integral part of pokemon battling, unless you think your ingame team of shitmons is gonna win a single online battle.
>>
>>30715048
Damn. That still sounds super hype though.
>>
>>30715089
>GF should simply ban all unbreedable pokemon as they only encourage injection and cheaters

That's the most backwards solution to an issue I've read since I took a stupid leftist course on racial inequality.
They're the developers of the game you retard, they can instead, I don't know, make good unbreedable Pokemon more accessible? They already started doing this by giving single encounter Pokemon 3 guaranteed 31 IVs, they should just go further and give full 31 IVs to them (since they are legendary beings and unique in the world) and also maybe lock them to neutral natures.
>>
>>30715176
>Pokemon raising is an integral part of pokemon battling.
If you're emotionally invested in your team, you shouldn't participate. You just end up looking like a faggot or That Guy.
>>
>>30715205
>what are hidden powers
>>30715217
>actually playing the game is being a faggot
Again, why are you so obsessed with a game that you don't even like?
>>
Why are cheaters so anally autistc? The only group of people triggered so hard just from a fact based statement, that they CHEATED. Heaven forbid someone thinks there is a problem with the state of the competitive game in regards to cheating. Heaven forbid THE GAME ACTUALLY BE PLAYED PROPERLY. Hurr no cheating is the way to go.
>>
>>30714681
Yeah, the dream ball Aegislash WAS legit. Why? Because its stats and moves were all 100% legal and legit. Who cares what ball it was fucking in? Its not like it affected to outcome of the match at all.

Every fucking day with this shit. I'm beginning to think its Verlis's and his retarded fans hobby or something to start threads on /vp/ complaining about "cheaters" because nobody else in their right mind would even bother listening to you. How about you learn to not care about how other people get their tournament ready pokemon and mind your own business? Its not like injectors detract those "long hours" you put in raising your own team, so why should you even give a damn?

You seriously need to learn that the ball that the pokemon are in literally has no effect on the battle whatsoever and thus it shouldn't be counted as cheating. Its a fucking battle tournament, not a breeding tournament.
>>
>>30714998
Not disputing whether or not steroids should be legal, but they DO do more than save time and are probably the equivalent of putting the Pokemon's stats above the maximum. They make sports more exciting to watch though.
>>
>>30715176
>How pokemon were raised affect the battle
No it doesn't. Pokemon aren't friendlier and do better if you raised them. How well they preform is all based on their statistic and natures.
Also read my point, it's a BATTLE COMPETITION not a Breeding Competition. So it doesn't matter how they were gotten.
>>
>>30715230
>what are hidden powers

You're already fucked if you want Fighting HP on a legendary after they guaranteed 3 IVs. It's not like they care that much about HP.
>>
Maybe you breedfags should riot outside of basements
>>
>>30715248
>muh proof
what are you an atheist? fuck off back to ribbit with "muh proof or your opinion doesn't matter"
>>
>>30715230
I like the game though. I breed my shit too. But if you're going to sperg out when I kill your special snowflake with a Sucker Punch Bisharp, you need to get the fuck away from me.
They aren't real. In fact, if you feel attached to your shit, teach it frustrate and make it have max frustration.
>>
>>30715252
It does matter fuckface it's in the rules for ffs you dumb witted cunt.

Yes, I mad.
>>
>>30715238
Dream Ball Aegislash is literally impossible to have legally because Dream Ball is exclusive to Gen 5 and Aegislash is a Gen 6 pokemon you double nigger

It's literally impossible for it to be legit

Jesus fuck I think that Pokemon has the only fanbase that not only doesn't mind rampant cheating, but actually encourages it and shits on anybody who actually plays the game correctly as autists.
>anybody who doesn't cheat is Verlisify!
>>
>>30715230
>Liking Game
>Breeding for competitive
Some people like playing the main game but don't enjoy breeding and training for hours you retard.
There's a difference, learn it
>>
>>30715308
Get the fuck off of 4chan Verlisify. It's not ammo for your youtube rants.
>>
>>30715319
>I don't like thing
Then don't play it
>>
>>30715253
Nice to know to that I'm basically almost FORCED to "cheat" simply to use a move that Gamefreak is literally too retarded to change in a way that would make it so that it isn't fucking impossible to get something like, I dunno, Hidden Power Fire without either soft resetting a hundred fucking times or breeding thousands upon thousands of mons

BOY SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THAT HYPER TRAINING THAT THEY ADVERTISED WAS ACTUALLY WORTH A FUCK AND ACTUALLY LET YOU BREED PERFECT IVS INSTEAD OF BEING COMPLETELY SUGARY SHIT
>>
The official Pokémon company has even said that any Pokémon obtained by methods that are not in game are illegitimate and not legal. Meaning if it is genned. Using powersaves or even pkhex, it is hacked. That is from the official Pokémon company. So if you use a gened mon in a compatition, then you are a cheater. Even if you breed it down and the parents are genned it is illegal. So what this means is if you didn't obtain it in game then you are cheating.
>>
>>30715329
Not an argument
>>
File: 1475199400230.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475199400230.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>30715271
Ironic, cause most cheating faggots are the ones taking the game seriously and likely have the weight of a whale. Sitting in the basement playing simulator and trying to be the best in a childrens game. Wew lad.
>>
>>30715298
>MUH RULES
>Muh not-enforced rules which aren't enforced because GameFreak and Nintendo realised they were shit rules that don't affect the tournaments
>>
>>30715361
>he actually says "muh rules" and thinks he doesn't look fucking moronic

Yeah bro, it's just the rules of the game. No biggie.

Dumbass.
>>
>>30715361
>REEEE I HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES THIS IS BULLSHIT
>>
ITT: moralfags and hackfags ruin a beautiful thread about competitive beyblade
>>
>>30715331
Liking breeding for competitive mons is COMPLETELY different from liking competitive BATTLING!
KEYWORD BATTLING
People enjoy taking parts in the battles and taking part in competitions they don't like the mindless grinding.
That's why PKHex is used to cut it out the boring breeding so people can do the part THEY ENJOY
>>
>>30715329
This calling people vers for playing the game properly is getting old and it was stupid to start with.
>>
>>30715410
>why should I have to PLAY THE GAME in order to get to the part where i PLAY THE GAME
I bet you're the kind of person who just buys max-level accounts in WoW just for le epic pvp
>>
>>30715180
It was very entertaining to watch, but nothing more.
>>
Reminder that Wolfnigger is literally Keemstar and encourages his fans to use racism on a based nigga
>>
>>30715414
If it's hacked it's hacked plain in simple. You are a retard. No it's not legit just because it looks legit. Plain and simple. Everyone agrees. Stop acting like a retard please(hard for you I know).
>>
>>30715414
>Dream Ball Aegislash
>Beast Ball Porygon2
>i-its totally legit guise there's no difference at all
Cheating is cheating
>>
>>30715450
Then which ones are hacked?
>>
>>30715308
You just completely skimmed over the point I was trying to make, didn't you?

My point was that the ball literally had no bearing on the pokemons abilties, moves or otherwise. Its literally just a cosmetic thing. The aegislash had legal stats, moves, and abilties. The ball it was in had no bearing on the battle at all. It adds or subtracts absolutely NOTHING. And that's the only thing that matters: how it performs in battle. The ball may be hacked but again, no bearing on how it does in battle, so why does it matter?
>>
>>30715462
>If you can't tell
>The ones I can tell are hacked are hacked, so all competitive pokemon are hacked
>>
>>30715437
Holy shit you are the most selective reader ever.
We're talking about the POKEMON in the BATTLING competitions.
THATS THE GAME THE PEOPLE ARE PLAYING
The breeding pokemon isn't part of the BATTLING unless you want to do it that way.
IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME OF THE BATTLE
>>
>>30715488
It's still undeniable proof that it was injected
If it doesn't matter so much then why not just breed a legit Aegislash? It's not even that fucking hard.
>>
>>30715464
Irrelevant question. But I'd guess all of yours. Please go back to r*ddit if you can't actually understand the argument in this case.
>>
>>30715450
Are you one of those people who use hacked 6 IV Dittos to breed and still claim to be legit?
>>
>>30715450
>it's not legit just because it looks legit
So, its legit then? And no, replying to your own comments agreeing with yourself to give the illusion of more people agreeing with your sentiment is not "everyone".
>>
>>30715445
There is literally nothing wrong with ((("racism")))
>>
>>30715502
Raising pokemon is a part of the game
You need pokemon to battle, and you get those pokemon by raising them.
>>
>>30715502
Brainless redditor can't understand all things are connected.
>>
>>30715510
If i injected a perfect aegislash in a pokeball, would you know I injected it?
If my brother breeded a perfect honedge in some balltism ball, evolved it into an aegislash and took it to a tournament which one of us would you rage at?
>>
>>30715563
ITT: Autistic Sperg-lord who doesn't understand the point of competitive BATTLING
>>
>>30715575
The one who's literally bragging about injecting on /vp/

An Aegislash in a Dream Ball is not legit, end of story.
>>
>>30715525
You'd guess wrong. And when I pass my hack check and the judges apologize to me, what do you do?
>>
>>30715510
Because some people don't want to go through the tedium of the breeding process.
>>
>>30715556
Dude, are you mentally ill? Holy fuck you are dumb. I know cheaters are mentally ill but I didn't know they were this bad. It's not legit retard, just because it looks legit doesn't make it legit. That trap you fapped to, it's not a girl because it looks like one. You are gay.

You won't understand this because you're an idiot so don't bother replying again.
>>
>>30715613
>>30715597
ITT: Autistic redditor who doesn't actually enjoy the game he plays
>>
>all these cucks mad cause muh legit pokemon

if you get cuck'd by someone who injected their team it only means you dont know how to fucking play
>>
No esport cracks down on cheaters

At least cheating in Pokemon just gets you the same thing faster instead of giving you an advantage that no legit player can replicate like aimbotting in FPS games
>>
Just because you enjoy one feature over the other doesn't give you the right to brake the rules. What about people who don't have a homebrew 3ds or access to genning mons. Why do they have to put in the effort to create a team and you don't? This is called an unfair advantage. This is called cheating. Think about it like this. You want to run a marathon. You either train and work ato it everyday or you can just juice up on steroids. One is cheating and one isn't. If it is gened it is hacked. That is from the official company. And another thing why does everyone assume that a Pokémon should be perfect. What if Gamefreak doesn't actually want that and that is why it is so random when it comes to certain things. What if they want the game to constantly look different.
>>
>>30715602
Except there was no Dream Ball in that scenario you fucking dumbass. Jesus Christ, it's balltism you're mad at, not actual injecting.
>>
>>30715437
Not that relevant to this conversation at all but Blizzard now literally sells max level tokens for you to buy and to skip the entire game.

So yes there is an actual audience for paying money to skip the majority of the game they already paid money for. Sometimes people really are on that level of retardation, and the kikes at Blizzard are smart enough to take advantage of them.
>>
Breeders are CTR shills
>>
>>30715642
>argue that dream ball aegislash could totally be legit
>get proven wrong
>w-well it's just about balltism!
>>
>>30715606
This isn't an argument... you still cheated moron. What are you some kind of relativitist atheist "if nobody saw me steal it didn't happen" faggot? I mean really.
>>
>>30715627
ITT: Autistic Verlisfag who doesn't realise people enjoy the battling part but don't enjoy the tedious breeding.
There's different parts of the game, injecting just skips the breeding part so they can take part in the BATTLE competitions
>>
>>30715627
>le reddit bogeyman XD
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>30715689
>>30715692
>le Verlisify bogeyman XD
Opinion discarded.
>>
valid != licit

Exploiting is not the same as cheating. You can cheat with exploits; you can cheat without exploits; you can exploit without cheating. Injecting is exploiting without cheating.

Injected Pokémon undergo validity checks, and since that's all they do at tourneys, valid injected Pokémon are ipso facto legal.
>>
>>30715712
If its not obtained naturally in game then it's not legit, period.
Why are you so desperate to justify cheating?
>>
Why are cheaters incapable of understanding morality? Are they autistic?
>>
>>30715638
But Steroids pushes you past the limit you can reach WITHOUT using them.
Whereas hacked pokemon preform the EXACT same as bred
>>
>>30715688
But the judge called me over, checked me and said I didn't cheat. Are you some sort of higher power? Does he defer to you when he says nobody cheated?
Hint: relativism has nothing to do with any of anyone's argument
>>
>>30715712
>Hurr lets play word games with and definition swapping.

English your second language buddy? Or are you just trying to weasel your way out of admitting you are a cheater. I mean holy fuck I don't even care except you are too in denial to admit it. How sad.
>>
>>30715791
But you do care.
>>
>>30715638
You touch on a good point, in that the reason GF doesn't just remove IVs is because they want every Pokemon to be unique, and the randomness factor of raising Pokemon to actually be relevant in deciding battle outcomes.

GF doesn't see the game as a battle simulator, they see it as a monster raising game, the entire game is designed so that everything is connected and training your Pokemon directly influences outcomes of battle. But competitivefags deny this designed intent completely, isolating battles in a vacuum and pretending nothing outside of it matters or exists at all.
As is with Smogon in general, it's a case of people trying to turn the game into this competitive sport that it's just... not, and was never designed to be.

But as soon as they introduced the Destiny Knot mechanics in gen 6 breeding, GF is already being influenced by how the community has perceived IVs (which is very different than their original intent), so maybe in the next few gens we might see a move towards this "competitive" mindset when it comes to how the game is designed.
>>
>>30715665
Where in this entire post >>30715575 do you even see the words "Dream Ball"

Just face it and accept that the only reason you're making this argument, and this dumbass thread is because of balltism. It's literally nothing else. In any other scenario you would have no way of telling an injected Pokemon from a legit Pokemon. You're fucking insane and need to seek help
>>
>>30715735
Why do you care what other people do in a video game when it doesn't actually give them an advantage? It doesn't need to be justified because it just does not matter at all. I understand the personal motivation behind being a legitfag and I like having legit mons I bred myself because it makes me feel like they're mine, but I couldn't care less if someone else wants to have a team of injected shinies in beast balls.
>>
>>30715814
Too bad competitive pokemon is cancer cheaters or not. Cheaters a big part of the problem in the community but the whole thing is pretty autistic.
>>
>>30715842
>deflecting
See >>30715238
>>
>>30715814
When GF does that, and they're leaning toward it now with hyper training, people will just sperg about how Pokemon "lost their individuality".
>>
>>30715735
The fact that you can't tell they are injected makes that argument moot, though.

Don't use it again.
>>
>>30715814
Yeah the actual game is around raising 'mons
But the BATTLE tournaments are about BATTLING which is why I don't care how the pokemon were obtained as long as they have legit stats, moves, and natures then they're clear for battling
>>
>>30715618
I think you just shit yourself with how nonsensical that post was. You're literally just throwing insults at me because I debunked your whole argument. In fact, I'm pretty sure you ARE verlis now because only a high school dropout could and would jump to such a conclusion.

And from what I gather, your thought process seems to be this:
>I can't tell if its injected or not and its actually a good pokemon, so that means its injected! No other answer possible!
>>
>>30715871
I can when you openly brag about your pokemon being injected
>>
>>30715877
Battling using raised mons
>>
Reminder if you use a hacked 6 IV Ditto in your breeding, you are no better than the people injecting.

Another reminder, if you didn't obtain the 6 IV Ditto yourself in the wild, there is no way to tell it is legit.

But anti-hackfags are going to just ignore this.
>>
>>30715890
>anon on an anonymous chinese imageboard is bragging about using hacked mon
>I should try to disqualify these 8 people I don't know but I lost to because they have to be using hacked mon
>>
>>30715877
You are separating both parts of the game, when Game Freak doesn't.

Raising mons being directly related to how well you will do in battle is how the game was designed.
>>
>>30715902
Exactly, it's hacked but that doesn't give you any advantage over anyone else.
>>
>>30715902
What is with this retarded "argument" that keeps popping up. Is it the same guy that keeps saying this and
>>30715871
and the others? For fucks sake, he even thinks he's smart.
>>
>>30715902
>JPN
>name is Xurkitree instead of runes
Is that possible?
>>
Here is the definition of cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.
Which means if you gen, you are cheating. Call it an exploitation or whatever. It is still cheating. I may call a criminal by something else but they are still a criminal. So if you just want the competitive battlesalary without the work then stay out of the official tournaments. If you can't play fair when there is actually prizes on the line then you don't deserve to be there. If you want to Gen or cheat or whatever then play online or on showdown. But the second you enter a official tournament with any genned mon then you are a cheater. And if you are unable to understand that then you are a moron.
>>
>>30715974
because they don't play worse
>>
>>30715940
>>30715912
But battling using injected mons is the exact same, is it not?
You can still do well in tournaments even if they were injected.
How well you do in battle is related to how well you can battle
>>
>>30715902
>JPN
>name is Xurkitree in standard English letters
nice try hacker
>>
>>30714400
It's more about the image of the competitive scene than actual compliance.

Realistically, hacked pokemon are probably everywhere in competitive, but when it's at a big deal like VGC, it tarnishes the brand when visibly obvious hacks are present and not called out.

Whereas the majority of hacked Pokemon are not visibly obvious and don't blatantly undermine the pretense of "fair competition" that a big tournament needs to maintain for anyone to take seriously.

If you are playing competitively: hack responsibly and in good taste, or else you deserve the shit that comes your way.
>>
>>30715915
Nobody uses muh ditto, stop projecting faggot. Not everyone is a cheater just because you are. I'm better than you, sorry.
>>
File: 1475967756129.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1475967756129.png
84KB, 250x419px
>tfw this entire thread could have been avoided if Gamefreak would wise up and just let you edit your Pokeballs after you catch your mons

The Porygon line looks legit as fuck coming out of the Beast Ball. They should have never fucking made Beast Balls if they didn't want people to use them. Balltism is a hell of a drug
>>
>>30716019
Time is an advantage
So is reliably getting HIdden Powers
>>
>>30715627
Buddy, if anything I'm able to enjoy the game MORE because I inject. I've bred full teams in the past an its a pain in the ass, so I just decided to skip right to the end where I can get the results immediately with no real reprecaution.

Do you define enjoyment as biking around with 5 eggs in your pocket waiting for them to hatch and praying that the RNG rolls the numbers in your favor? Or would you rather just jump straight into the battling part?
>>
>>30715974
Again, "how well you do in battle" in this case is not just a vacuum of "skill" and good decisions, but how well you raise your Pokemon and how much the RNG has blessed you with good stats.

GF wants the uniqueness of your Pokemon to matter in battle. That's what I'm trying to get across, but it seems you don't seem to get where the game is coming from.
>>
>>30715985
You just proved yourself wrong.
The definition specifically says "In order to gain an ADVANTAGE", but 'hacked' mons don't give an advantage as they preform the exact same as breed mons
>>
>>30716019
Time is an advantage, are you dumb? Rhetorical question.
>>
>>30715985
You don't gain an advantage by genning though.
I just bred a legit 6 IV Cubone. A hacked mon doesn't have an advantage over this Cubone and thanks to the Destiny Knot and Everstone it's not like breeding a legit 6 IV Pokemon is a borderline impossible feat. Genning is just a bit faster and that's it.
>>
>>30716033
>time is an advantage
So if I'm pressed for time and I ask my friend who couldn't afford to be in the tournament if I can use his pokes, does that make me a cheater?
>>
>>30716032
>They should have never fucking made Beast Balls if they didn't want people to use them.
This, but knowing GF it won't happen until gen 10 o whenever.
>>
>>30716039
I define enjoyment as playing the game

Why play through all that tedious "story" of any sort of RPG when you can just AR endgame-level shit into your save file?

Why go through the whole experience of playing an MMO like WoW when you can just buy a max-level character (oh wait)
>>
File: 1470036299994.png (174KB, 292x246px) Image search: [Google]
1470036299994.png
174KB, 292x246px
>>30716057
This fucking idiot. Oh my god why do I even bother.
>>
>>30715902
> Dazzling Gleam
> over Volt Switch
Retard
>>
>>30715814
>This amount of mental gymnastics
Could've save character space by just writing "hurr hurr hurr"
>>
>>30716093
Wew lad. Just admit you lost. You're a cheater. This isn't up for debate.
>>
So there's not a legit way to get an Aegislash in Dream Ball? Wich balls are available in S&M anyway?
>>
>>30716093
>why should I even have to play videogames in order to play videogames?
>b-but muh normies
>>
>>30716101
Prove how the hacked mons are better then bred mons you "fucking idiot"
I'm waiting...
>>
>>30716137
Dream ball is exclusive to gen 5, as there isn't a dream world in 6 or 7.
>>
>>30716129
That is literally not an argument.

What part do you disagree with? Because that's very much how Game Freak views the games, evident on how they design them and their refusal to cater to the needs of the competitive community, until gen 6.
>>
>>30715902
What purpose is there in having the Japanese tag?
You can't breed it, and it's just a flag that you hacked it, when the OT isn't Japanese.
>>
>>30716137
Pretty much everything but Cherish and Dream Balls.

Dream Balls are exclusive to Gen 5 and Aegislash is Gen 6.

Cherish Balls and Master Balls also don't pass down.
>>
Is injecting easy? I wish the GTS hack method was still around.
>>
File: 1481069285731.png (620KB, 512x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481069285731.png
620KB, 512x1200px
Reminder that pokegirls don't love cheaters. Your waifu hates you.
>>
>>30716158
Legitimate legendaries have 3 maxed IVs.
Hacked can have 6.
>>
>>30716170
Or maybe his Japanese friend traded it to him?
>>
>>30715347
What about the parents i got through GTS or Wonder Trade? I don't want to cheat but it's pretty hard to not use the perfect 6iv Ditto that i got on Wonder Trade, and i'm not that naive to think it's legit.
>>
>>30716165
Neither did yours
If you don't have time to play videogames then too fucking bad, do whatever in your life is more important instead.

It doesn't even take very long to breed competitive pokemon unless you're a retard.
>>
File: 1143729.png (61KB, 274x300px) Image search: [Google]
1143729.png
61KB, 274x300px
>>30716187
Bitch, my waifu supports me no matter what.
>>
>>30716195
Hyper training.
>>
>>30716158
This isn't the fucking point, fucking idiot.
I'm waiting.. for you to grow a brain and understand how stupid are you.
>>
>>30716094
>Why go through the whole experience of playing an MMO like WoW when you can just buy a max-level character (oh wait)
Because "that game" is long gone. As someone who would love to re-experience my times in an MMO (especially one that is so old) you have to realize that no one is playing with you anymore on your way to capped level, as depressing as it sounds.
>>
>>30716195
Legit legends have at least 3. The other ones are random and the RNG could roll 31 for them.
>>
>>30716196
The OT is an English name but the language tag is JPN.

That's proof that it's hacked.
>>
>>30716200
She knows because she lives in your heart. She hates you and wants out. You're a terrible person. Why do you do it to her?
>>
>>30716214
But you said cheating gives you an advantage, did you not?
So prove how hacked mons give an advantage
That is the point

>>30716195
Legendaries have a minimum of 3 maxed IV's
>>
>>30716196
You can't nickname traded mons
>>
File: Mitsuzane.jpg (56KB, 666x464px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuzane.jpg
56KB, 666x464px
>>30716048
>GF wants the uniqueness of your Pokemon to matter in battle.
I'm fucking dying here
>>
>>30716184
if you can get homebrew with a save extractor like JKSV, you're golden.
>>
>>30714710
If CS had a story mode, would you play it?
If LoL had a story mode would you play it?
If <any fucking competitive game> had a story mode woukd you play it?
Fuck no, stop being retarded
>>
>>30716232
Can you still hack if you buy an unused 3DS and never update it?
>>
>>30716247
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30716232
No it pretty much comes down to people being unable to state objective reality. Like the idiot in here that thinks he's not cheating even though he's cheating. It's like how people can't admit homosexuality is a mental illness. It's just reality I'm sorry if you can't accept your a cheater because your mind is weak or whatever and you can't admit you're a bad person or whatever.
>>
>>30716232
The crux of cheaterfags' arguments comes down to how cheating is ok if they do it.

>>30716261
If doing so was required to go into competitive, then yes.
Otherwise if I didn't want to have to go through that then I wouldn't even play to begin with.
>>
>>30716261
>If LoL had a story mode would you play it?
Actually yes that sounds cool. Maybe something like Warcraft III
>>
If injecting isn't cheating then how come injectfags never tell judges that their pokemon are injected?
>>
>>30716261
If Overwatch had a story mode I'd play the fuck out of it
>>
>>30716273
It is humane to seek power at all costs, and legitfags trying to justify IVs with some candyass bullshit "uniqueness" make me laugh.
>>
>>30716297
>Warcraft 3 custom map spawns an entire genre that gets far bigger than it ever was
>the biggest game in that genre gets a custom story mode akin to Warcraft 3

pottery
>>
File: 1480380271552.png (888KB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1480380271552.png
888KB, 1000x1412px
>"I hooked you in! Wait... you're just a cheater loser. Eww. I guess I'll have to throw you back. *sigh*"
>>
>>30716273
Something along the lines of
>"You buy game we made half-ass"
>"You buy game after game we made half-ass"
>"You buy game after knowing we say no to finishing half-ass game"
>"You happy to sit through cutscenes and fps drops"
>"Arigatou Gozaimasu"
>>
Most if you are being stupid. It'seems not about how one is better than the other. It's about how the people who genned have the advantage over those who don't have access to it. Not everybody has a homebrowed 3ds, or access to powersaves. They have to nut in more time and effort ton prepare for a competition. It's not about the individual mon. It's about how you are taking shortcuts that other players may not have access to and competing in official tournaments. That is unethical and makes you a cheater for geening.
>>
>>30716285
You opinion lost all credibility when you said Homosexuality is a mental illness
>>
File: jRwVK0O.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>>30716318
>It is humane to seek power at all costs, and legitfags trying to justify IVs with some candyass bullshit "uniqueness" make me laugh.

Is this you?
>>
File: 13133.jpg (64KB, 600x955px) Image search: [Google]
13133.jpg
64KB, 600x955px
>Wait a minute, you're a cheater?
>How disgusting, I thought you were a great trainer.
>I'm gonna go hang out with Hau now, don't follow me.
>>
>>30716379
I wanna inject pokemon now.
>>
>>30716308
No one would play VGC otherwise.
No one has the time and sanity to breed.
>>
>>30716377
You forgot to put a Leddit Moderator badge on his fedora
>>
>>30716363
Back to readdit with you son
>>
>>30716094
Oh boy this argument again. All right then wise guy, riddle me this:

Do other RPGs require you to breed your party members again and again with a very select few other members in the hopes that the offspring are just genetically better and have a higher cap on some stats just because you bred them right? Do they have a nature system that gives you one good stat and one bad one?

Do other RPGs force you to fight the same enemy over and over so that you can have more points in a specific stat while disregarding the other?

Do other RPGs have party members that have certain moves exclusive to their class and the only way to get said move onto a different class is to breed them with a compatible party member then breed THAT one down to get it onto your desired member?

Do other RPGs have an active, competitive element to them?

Go ahead. Answer me.
>>
>>30716379
>>30716327
Fuck off, no one cares about your waifus.
Go fuck your futanari bodypillow you cuck
>>
>>30716431
I'd play the fuck out of competitive XCX
>>
File: 1475932054032.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1475932054032.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>30716379
>>30716327
> waifus
Fuck outta here cuck
>>
>>30716322
what goes around comes around
nigga
>>
File: 6882967_p0.jpg (538KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
6882967_p0.jpg
538KB, 960x800px
Hehe for some reason I was just trying to train pokes and stuff my own way. Well, I might of lost some tournaments and stuff, but it's better than winning by cheating. I just stick to my values you know. Anyway it looks like somehow I'm a master of girls instead. They really dig that I do things my way. Ahaha, funny how things work out right?
>>
>>30716431
>rpgs require grinding the post
You dont say
>>
>>30716318
But that's not "legitfags" using that argument, it's how GF designed the game, it's Game Freak who thinks like that.

Are you so stupid that you can't comprehend an argument? You can't comprehend that someone discussing something or illustrating a point doesn't necessarily mean they agree with it at all?
>>
I would definitely inject Lillie with my Malasada Cream
>>
>>30716498
>still not a regional champ

Get the fuck outta here, with this shitposting.
>>
>>30716485
It doesn't take "all day" you fucking moran
>>
>>30716485
Nice try but this only works with legit players, cheater faggot. It's just not believable. Your waifu hates you sorry.
>>
>>30716431
Fire Emblem
>>
It really doesn't take that long to bread a competitive team. Maybe two weeks playing for like 2 hours a day. And GF has been making it easier over the last two gens. It's not as tedious and frustrating as Gen 4 or 5. The problem is that you're just making excuses so you don't have to play by the rules.
>>
>>30716498
>The only one that actually craved his dick left him after he lost
You sure showed me.
>>
>>30716498
>trains pokes his own way
>Literally hacked halfway through kalos league
>still loses to a Charizard X
Ash is a fucking retard. You need to have better role models.
>>
>>30716516
So while those hackers are off playing their competitive stale meta, we still have that egg to hatch right? What are we gonna do in the meantime though.... Hey I know what we can do. Anon, take your pants off! I know you have real breeder equipment.
>>
>Show us how breeding works. You're the one who knows right?
>>
>geez anon, you just inject your pokemon instead of raising them yourself?
>I bet you cheated to beat my trial too, didn't you?
>That's so totally lame, I can't believe I thought you were cool!
>>
File: my wife's son.jpg (64KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
my wife's son.jpg
64KB, 620x465px
>>30716646
>breed one of them up
>9 months later a "shiny" shows up
>>
File: 1481495222258.png (58KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481495222258.png
58KB, 279x300px
>
>>
>>30716611
>>30716646
>>30716650
Fuck off, no one cares about your waifu shit. Stop posting three times and pretend like people actually believe that shit
>>
>tch, you're so weak that you actually have to inject your own pokemon?
>that's fucking wack mang, you ain't mah boi.
>fuck outta here, I don't deal with losers like you
>>
File: 1479598063070.png (50KB, 155x154px) Image search: [Google]
1479598063070.png
50KB, 155x154px
Pew!
>>
To be quite honest, injectiong is cheating, but it's a cheat to save time and not a real advantage, it's just like those pay to save time games. No one really fucking care about it, and if you care you are retard
>>
File: 1477293197713.gif (2MB, 162x149px) Image search: [Google]
1477293197713.gif
2MB, 162x149px
>>30716650
Good lord, imagine being such a disgusting beta nerd, that not only are you larping on a Uzbekistanian fish monger website as an imaginary little girl from a childrens video game, but you can't even do yourself the service of saving a WELL DRAWN image of your favorite imaginary girl from a video game, because you are so pent up from years of not being touched by actual woman that you can jerk it to almost anything at this point

>sample
Christ, can't even browse Pixiv right. god damn boi
>>
File: 1479261231460.jpg (57KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
1479261231460.jpg
57KB, 600x522px
>>30716745
>losers like me
>cant beat me in a battle
really makes you think
>>
>>30716539
Two weeks is a long time if you just want to start battling, and usually people change their competitive teams up a lot to adapt to changes in the meta and weak spots they didn't think of when they made the team initially.
>>
File: 1445347889275.png (381KB, 486x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445347889275.png
381KB, 486x600px
>Millefeau I can't believe you. Anon and I were going to breed our team together!
>That's your fault for not making a move, geez, of course I'm going to take your boyfriend. Go hack your team instead or something.
>Why you... what do you think I am? I don't even look in the direction of hackers. Anon is mine and we will breed our team together!
>>
>>30716799
>>30716745
>>30716650
>>30716646
>>30716611
Look a this retard posting his stupid fan fictions as soon as the Minute is up.
Get a life dude
>>
File: megafugged gardevoir.jpg (1023KB, 1505x2774px) Image search: [Google]
megafugged gardevoir.jpg
1023KB, 1505x2774px
Having actual debate was fun until it shifted to glorified RPing.
Thanks /vp/. You ruin everything..
>>
>>30716745
Maybe if you dropped that attitude your father wouldn't have beat you.
>>
>>30716784
What are you quoting you numbnuts hacker?
>>
>>30716770
If GF were smart they'd find a way to monetize genning. Like a legal genning or editing service that you have to pay to use. Then people who don't know how to hack or whose firmware is too recent would give GF their money instead of begging in injection threads.
>>
>>30716892
And people would still complain about it.
>>
File: sample_maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sample_maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 768x1000px
>duuuuude, what if were were all like, code or something
>what if someone could, like, inject code from somewhere else into our world?
>wait, where was I again?
>>
>>30716174
Good to know, and what about safari balls? Any pokemon can stay in a safari ball?
>>
>>30716932
And weak faggots will still cheat anyway and still come up with bullshit excuses for themselves. Just like the excuses for why their life is so shitty cause they have no self control.
>>
>>30716964
>You genned with this and not that
Is this really what this is going to devolve into?
>>
>>30715347
>Even if you breed it down and the parents are genned it is illegal.
That part is wrong though.
The offspring IS generated legally in your game, thats why dumb shit like Aegislash and Porigon2 happen.
Then it's the judge's work to manually check your team and its left to their discresion to DQ you or the pokémon.
>>
File: 1481350641459.png (1MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1481350641459.png
1MB, 1280x1810px
>hey loser, I heard you can't even win with legit pokemon
>fuck outta here you faggot, this place is for real trainers only
>you have about five seconds to scram before I fuck your loser face up
>>
>>30716911
They would complain a whole lot more, you'd get the retarded consumer justice warriors like Angry Joe trying to make huge shitstorms out of it by claiming it's "pay to win", and places like /v/ would shitpost about it so much that it would get picked up by shitholes like Kotaku.

Especially since if they do sell genning services officially, then the financial motivation to REALLY crack down on hacking will spring up, and it would be actually funded seriously. So all hackers would now probably get fucked and would have to pay for the official genning services.
>>
I don't want to cheat but it's really hard to not use that Ditto 6iv i got via wonder trade.
>>
File: 1475610943685.png (216KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
1475610943685.png
216KB, 600x465px
Requesting a chicken-chan fanfic about cheating/injecting.
>>
File: 1474007594737.jpg (71KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474007594737.jpg
71KB, 600x750px
>Eww he cheats. look at him and laugh.
>Dang man. I may be reviled as a criminal but even I find your shit pathetic
>>
>>30717018
Exactly
If you use >>30715347 's logic then most bred pokemon are hacked because I can guarantee that most bred pokemon are bred by using a hacked japanese 6iv ditto
>>
>>30717082
>projecting again
>>
>>30717054
Just use it, literally everyone cheats in some way these days.

Community is rotten, either adapt to it or give up playing the game online, which is not a bad option. I myself have now moved on to challenge runs, rom hacks, and just showdown for my competitive needs. I've been very happy with Pokemon since I did this, because all the cheating apology and how the community acts in general was getting to me really hard. On Showdown there is no such drama.
>>
>>30715488

>My point was that the ball literally had no bearing on the pokemons

except it is bona fide proof it was injected. which is CHEATING. Cover your fucking tracks if you must cheat.
>>
>>30717106
>Just use it, literally everyone cheats in some way these days.

Yeah, no. Fuck off hacker faggot. Not everyone is a loser like you.
>>
>>30717112
Well, this.
You only leave the judges and yourself looking like assholes.
>>
>>30717102
Oh really? Is the 6iv Japanese ditto you use from a japanese friend who you saw catch?
>>
>>30717112
>Cover your fucking tracks if you must cheat
Nobody disagrees with this point. If you're an idiot that can't into double checking everything's legit, you deserve whatever consequence you get.
>>
>>30716246
are you fucking stupid, or did you just not read what he suggested? I'll paste his entire 9 word comment again for you, dumbass: "Or maybe his Japanese friend traded it to him?"
>>
File: 1481034061589.png (59KB, 329x325px) Image search: [Google]
1481034061589.png
59KB, 329x325px
>He has to resort to RPing as characters to win an argument
>>
>>30714400
Changing EVs between matches. This is a serious issue in VGC, because GF can't detect it even with the tools they use. GF has an electronic tool to make sure a Pokemon is the same on it was at the start of the tourney that was listed on the entry info, but it doesn't check EVs. People will go into the waiting area for competitors between matches and set up a laptop where they'll use injecting programs to change the EVs on their current team if they feel like a specific setup isn't working for them. And that's unfair because people who don't hack, can't do that shit in such a short period of time. Some mother fuckers were talking openly on twitter about doing it at VGC whenever they finished a match. It's cheating and it's a massively unfair advantage over people who play legit in the way the rules ask people to play.
>>
>>30717153
>he thinks you need 6iv ditto

Just fuck off and stop projecting you cheater retard.
>>
>>30717164
>english characters in a japanese game
try not being a retard next time
>>
File: 1480548247003.jpg (25KB, 217x329px) Image search: [Google]
1480548247003.jpg
25KB, 217x329px
>>30717176
So you admit you lost the argument. Thank you.

Pic related.
>Lillie sees a hacker.
>>
File: 1444410036299.jpg (78KB, 884x574px) Image search: [Google]
1444410036299.jpg
78KB, 884x574px
>wait, you not only STILL play Pokemon but you even cheat at it?
>wow, you Pokemon players are a bunch of nerds. I'm gonna go hang out with Jamal instead.
>>
>>30715502

skill is fucking irrelevant IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE COMPETITION!

Cheating via power saves/injecting is illegal in VGC play.
Present evidence that proves without a shadow of a doubt that the mon was hacked.
Player gets DQ'D.

under YOUR logic I can enter a card game tournament with counterfeit cards that look and feel like the real deal but it okay since IT'S SKILL GUISE WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL WITH HOW I GOT THESE CARDS?
>>
>>30717181
I doubt that.
Aren't the consoles/catridges monitored?
If you are right, then we have a problem.
>>
>>30717181
I haven't done much with Festival Plaza but isn't there stuff in Festival Plaza that can reset EV's?
And can't you get a max ev in like 7 KO's in a SOS battle witht he right setup?
>>
>>30717181
Hate to break it to you but pokemon is fucking boring to watch, a little mix up in between rounds couldn't hurt. In MOBAs teams are allowed to change item builds, runes, etc... to make each match at least a little bit more unique and strategical. So my response is, again, who cares? Pokemon should openly allow it.
>>
>>30717224
There are berries to reduce EVs, I have 400+ of each (not injected by the way, just use Poke Pelago every day).

Then yeah it's a matter of less than 20 minutes to fully EV train a Pokemon from 0 again, though precise spreads take longer because you'd want to ideally use the Poke Pelago training for rounding out those.
>>
>>30717218
If the game in case was poker, yes.
Because you can get everything for your money in a pokémon game, but no amount of Filligree Familiars drafted is going to get you a a Black Lotus.
>>
File: 1480387195193.jpg (465KB, 1188x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1480387195193.jpg
465KB, 1188x2048px
>Anon lets travel together, lets breed lots of Pokemon. I don't care if we never even battle. Just spend time with me, I want to be together. Don't leave. Forget the hackers, forget everything. It'll just be us, we can have pure pokemon and then... pure beautiful babies too. T-there, I said it okay!
>>
>>30717218
Yeah that example is completely fine as long as are EXACTLY the same as store bought cards.
Skill is everything as that decides the outcome, not how you got the Pokemon/Cards
>>
File: 1477424615647.png (4MB, 4299x4473px) Image search: [Google]
1477424615647.png
4MB, 4299x4473px
>>30717284
B-but we're both girls Lillie we can't have babies
>>
>>30717218
Counterfeiting cards is a bit different since you aren't supporting the company that makes the cards if you do that. If you buy the game and then gen mons in it you aren't costing GF anything.
>>
File: Uggntitled.jpg (97KB, 727x730px) Image search: [Google]
Uggntitled.jpg
97KB, 727x730px
TFW you realize cheat denialists are cheaters themselves for use that 6iv japanese Ditto
>>
File: I wonder.jpg (27KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I wonder.jpg
27KB, 1440x1080px
>>30717218
The only reason official Magic Tournaments ban proxy or counterfeit cards is because they actually make money from selling the cards themselves.

Game Freak doesn't make money from your catching and breeding.
>>
>>30715763

>demand head judge to make a final decision on the grounds of injecting
>looks at 3DS
>"Anon why do you have homebrew on your 3DS?"
>dq'd on circumstanced evidence or outed to the authorities as a pirate take your pick
>>
>>30717325
>tfw when this faggot keeps repeating this shit because he lost and his last attempt is to accuse others of doing the same thing

Yeah, nah. Get lost.
>>
>>30715746
You are trying to convince people that morality affects math.
Yeah hacking is wrong on the moral level.
But it gives no advantage, is easier for me and it will have no consequences.
>>
>>30717352
With Luma I can make homebrew completely invisible, unless the judge knows his shit and boots up the 3DS holding one of the configuration keys.
>>
File: 1448644938716.png (101KB, 385x223px) Image search: [Google]
1448644938716.png
101KB, 385x223px
>people dont remember the gen 4-5 era when rng abuse was a thing
>>
As someone who enjoys breeding things, I honestly don't give a shit if other people hack in their pokemon, as long as it stays within the bounds of what can be made the entire argument about balls is stupid and pointless, honestly, though I wish they'd make a way to transfer pokemon into new balls so I could get fossils/starters/gifts in fancier homes.
Literally the closest thing to an argument that's been made is 'getting the hidden power and best IVs possible for that hidden power on a legendary' versus soft resetting for a few days for that, and that's...sort of fixed with Hyper Training anyways now IF THEY ONLY HAD MADE HYPER TRAINING ACTUALLY USABLE level one hundred on top of the bottlecaps is retarded
>>
>>30717352
>looks at 3DS
>"Looks fine to me, it all checks out"
>"Shame on you moralfag for trying to get a normal person disqualified, you should apologise to him before I throw you out of the venue"
>>
File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>30717218
As a vintage Magic The Gathering player, i would like ppl "genned" some cards to have more ppl to play the tournaments
>>
File: de50980d7376bd4c3a1c406a6adc6aa1.jpg (240KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
de50980d7376bd4c3a1c406a6adc6aa1.jpg
240KB, 1000x1000px
>tch, you're a hacker aren't you?
>get out of my face, you aren't worth my time.
>>
>>30717201
except you can use english character text in JPN Sun/Moon. Holy fucking shit you people are cancer
>>
>>30717422
What about draft at FNM?
>>
>>30717352
>not carrying a second 3DS
>>
>Be me
>Buy pokemon
>Between getting all the ev training items, destiny knots, perfect nature pokemon, perfect IVs, I am spending very little time battling and improving my skill. So I inject to save me the time to get to the fun part or at the very least cut the time in half since I can then just breed said hacked pokemon to make it legal
>Now be me
>Play baseball
>Have to work job to buy baseball bat, glove, etc... all time spent not playing baseball
>Or someone can give me all the equipment to play baseball and spend time practicing and increasing my skill level
If you're going to make the sports argument, you're asking to get yourself shit on. I can understand debating the "morality" (of a fucking children's game, but still), but understand it makes no impact on the game as a whole skill wise.
>>
>>30717437
Isn't it in weird font with a 6 character limit
>>
File: 1480455306242.jpg (163KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480455306242.jpg
163KB, 1024x1024px
>Now that the pokemon hatched, why don't we take a swim before we start EV training. Ahh, I guess it's a bit deep... my clothes are getting wet again. I guess to swim here, I might have to take them off, ehe~. It's okay, we've got plenty of time right. I can just stay without until then. You're not in any rush to get to battling or anything, right?
>>
>>30717443
I play only Vintage/Legacy/Commander, i can't bring myself to enjoy other formats, i tried modern once, but nah. And as an owner of power nine, i really don't care about ppl using proxies.
>>
>>30717509
>Now that the pokemon hatched

Now that about 50 Pokemon hatched and we threw away 49 of them for not being genetically acceptable*
>>
File: IMG_20161120_085254.jpg (216KB, 958x1162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161120_085254.jpg
216KB, 958x1162px
>Sorry, but Lillie-chan doesn't hang out with hackers
>She's gonna be hanging out with me instead!
>See ya later, loser
>>
>>30717559
>Now that about 50 Pokemon hatched and we threw away 49 of them for not being genetically acceptable*
We have to get it to breed with one of it's parents to get one with the right Hidden Power!
>>
Why is this thread giving me a boner
>>
>>30717634
The eugenics talk, mostly
>>
>>30717334

>what is card weight
>what is deck stacking
>what is card thickness
>what is slight of hand

not everything is the jews fault anon. even in sleeve protectors misshapen cards can be felt to give a player an edge. I know this different from the pokemon injecting shit but the idea that counterfeit cards only get banned because of money is asinine. they get banned to prevent street magicians and card counters from fucking rigging these events. I'm not even kidding I've seen slight of hand fuckers weasel their way to the top tables then when a bevy of judges and cameras are hawking their every move they crumble.
>>
>>30717435

>federal agent
>not arresting criminals

come on RPfag at least PRETEND she's has the authority to bust perps
>>
File: 1481351703858.jpg (65KB, 625x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1481351703858.jpg
65KB, 625x1089px
Hah.. hah... hah...ha... so this is the power of breeding. I see, you're not just good with breeding pokemon are you... sasuga
>>
File: not this shit again.png (263KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.png
263KB, 1000x562px
>this thread again

Honestly, I'm fairly new to VGC, on the whole support injection, and see it as the overall lesser of two evils, even though I don't think the advantages of time and flexibility injection gives over those who are unable, or unwilling, to break formal rules can be totally dismissed.

Now, I'd write something detailed about the whole thing, without resorting to namecalling and other crap, but this thread's already past the bump limit, and even if it weren't, it's not like it would prevent the next shitflinging fest. But ffs, it's a pretty complex issue, the VGC community's been dealing with it for years, and it's really fucking annoying to see the same simplistic bs every damn time (not to mention certain known people aren't helping, to say the least).
>>
>>30717272
Maybe this isn't the game for you. Maybe you should just stop playing. Also, thank god you aren't in control of any kind of competitive game scene because holy shit are you a retard.

>>30717220
This is a thing that's happening. They aren't monitored close enough at all. People had time enough to go to their hotel rooms with their games and consoles between tourney days and spill their entire save file on disk to turn over to people looking into getting past a ton of the electronic verification shit for the next tourney, too. So next year there's probably going to be even less control over this shit.

>>30717224
>>30717274
Between matches in the tourney, you could never do it with your entire team. You're also not allowed to and you're not supposed to be able to because of how the tourney system locks your team. But injector programs let you side step the systems in place that stop you and let's people using injectors to change their teams anyway so long as the system can't tell they aren't the same pokemon (IVs, Natures, Name, and OT+hidden numbers) it's fine. People playing legit have no way of doing this.

I don't like him, but for once this faggot is on top of real ass shit. And is doing proper research:
https://youtu.be/K0CxGbEt3d4
>>
>>30717989
This wouldn't be a problem if teamsheets required stat values, or if they would actually implement a checksum function that was external to the game and thus couldn't get reverse engineered on day zero.
>>
>>30717989
This is really actual cheating though.

The fact that people are still giving the wolfnigger so much shit even for pointing out that tweet (from a SJW cuck by the way, look up PhD's tweets) despite this being legitimately cheating at THE COMPETITION (not even the breeding process outside of it) is pretty disgusting and just proves his point about the community being corrupt.
>>
File: biBKFzi.jpg (14KB, 367x308px) Image search: [Google]
biBKFzi.jpg
14KB, 367x308px
>>30718083
I agree, but it's not something I expect to happen quickly. Or at the very least, it's not something I feel only GF should be responsible for. I feel like people shouldn't fucking cheat. We should all know better than to do so. It's fucking cheating. I think bans for cheating should be more intense, like fuck banning people from a tourney and then letting them back in the next, ban them for life. And Judges clearly aren't enough, we need people policing these places and finding cheaters. Even just people policing streams and reporting shit to TCPI judges might've missed. The guy who had a Porygon in an illegal ball this last tourney ducked out himself. He wasn't disqualified or banned, he was found out by online people and quietly excused himself after the match because of it. These people do this shit all the time, I want people to be afraid of getting found out. I want the tourney scene to quake with fear when they do illegal shit. We need people who are willing to go through twitter posts of competitors and find them talking about injection platforms, we need better ways of making sure no one has a pirated copy of the game. We need to stick more aware people in the backstage areas to keep their eyes on people to make sure they aren't doing this shit. We need a way to make these people realize it's not okay to cheat. Because clearly only treating them like prisoners or children is going to work.

Also, maybe checking EVs on GFs behalf, for fucks sake. That's like, the one thing they left out and it's fucking huge. Balls, too, maybe. And names vs. foreign tags, maybe. I know it sounds like I'm being extreme, but this shit needs to stop.
>>
>>30717039
>Hackers will have to pay
And that's a bad thing?
>>
>>30718083
Also, stat values is basically the only way to do this shit, because expecting people to know the exact values of their EVs and IVs would be foolish. I also hate the teamsheet system, though. I'ld be all in favor of an external system check, too. But it might not play nice with digital copies of the game, I'm sure is the thinking.

>>30718123
It's all actual for real cheating. This is just one of the types that crosses the line for some people. But it's all cheating, it's all prohibited by GF, man.
>>
>>30718388
Yeah I know it's all cheating, but the reason a lot of people tolerate the injecting is because they don't see the breeding and raising part of the game as part of the competition.

However that is actually cheating in the competition itself, there's no way people will still defend it. Right? RIGHT?
>>
>>30718448
>>30718431
There's a guy right here
>>30717272

Also, let's get real here. Breeding is totally a part of the game. And so is RNG. And both of those things are looked down upon by the current VGC community, because they feel like it takes away from the "skill" of the battles. Which it doesn't. I feel like most of their arguments are just attempted smoke screens to cover their asses because they don't want to have to stop cheating or just stop playing the game if they really have that much of an issue with it.

The kid who won Junior's was using a Shiny Dark Void Smeargle for fucks sake. At the very least I always thought this shit wouldn't touch Juniors division but I guess they're starting to inject, too.
>>
>>30717818
I-i want to breed with Lana-san!
>>
>>30718568
>At the very least I always thought this shit wouldn't touch Juniors division
I've been convinced since day 1 all Junior's division is is a dad telling his son everything to do. Why would kids all run the same bullshit otherwise? They're god damn kids.
>>
>>30718620
You're not wrong, but I was always hoping.
>>
>>30715633
>better stats
>better better moves
>better comps
>herp outplayed
>>
>>30717455

Better argument would be not having the time to practice for baseball, and instead either 'roid up but to a believable level that "is indistinguishable from an adult at peak fitness" which would otherwise require the same time and effort spent by the people that actually put in the time and effort. Or...having a friend "work out" for you and then steal their gains like some kind of gym rat vampire?

Genning is always inexcusable, but at least getting something legally from a friend who put in the time would require leveraging a personal connection which itself took time and effort to cultivate, so there was at least a trade-off of some sort there.

A lot of the distaste for cheating with "legitimate" Pokemon is the something-for-nothing aspect. "B-b-but then people wouldn't have time to git good for VGCs! We should want to see the best battles possible from the best players possible, which can only happen if pros can get every perfect Pokemon instantly!"

Yeah, VGC [Year] sure is exciting, what, with seeing the same teams use the same strategies against each other for every Finals ever. Why stop there, though? We only deserve to see those very same teams non-stop in online battles against every child and basement warrior that wants to be Mr. VGC Pro?

Justifying cheating on the grounds of "it makes competitive battling better" is kidding themselves into sweet oblivion. The only thing that would ever save comp would be any amount of balancing savvy on Game Freak's part, but we know that's a distant dream.
>>
>>30714788
>Not mentioning that this shortening of time is accessible to all players
O-oh, okay
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.