[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon constantly gets a bad rap for being piss easy. So, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

File: Rollout.png (627B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Rollout.png
627B, 56x56px
Pokemon constantly gets a bad rap for being piss easy. So, what were some battles you had trouble with throughout the series, /vp/?
>>
May's 2nd fight in emerald
I'm a speedrunner
>>
>>30702257

Depending on your team, some of the Totem battles can be surprisingly difficult. Salazzle nearly wiped my team because I was laughably weak against Fire.
>>
>>30702310
If you chose Mudkip then that fight is horrible.
>>
>>30702346
12 soft resets and kept getting growled at least once every single time
Had to start over entire run at least twice
>>
>>30702257
>everything in gen 1 and 2 were easy even when I was younger
>in RSE the second rival battle right after Slateport if I pick Mudkip
>everything in DP is easy
>had some difficulty in Platinum with Cyrus, Cynthia, and Fantina
>HGSS was easy
>had some difficulty with Elesa and Ghetsis in BW
>B2W2 was pretty easy
>XY was a joke in all aspects, same with ORAS
>had some difficulty with post e4 captain/kahuna battles in SM
>>
>Brawly, Flannery and the rival battle on Route 110 in Emerald
>Lenora and Clay in BW
>Cheren in BW2
>Grant in XY (Most shameful of all)
>Steven in ORAS
>Sina outside Tide Song Hotel, Nanu, Kahili, Gladion at Mt. Lanakila, Lusamine at Aether Paradise, Dexio at Ancient Pony Path and Anabel at the start of the UB quest in SM
Out of those I lost to Clay (Three times in a row, Excadrill is a fucking rape machine), Cheren, Grant, Steven and Anabel.
>>
Clay in BW2 and Totem Lurantis are the ones that gave me the most trouble. I lost to Clay at least 3 times and Totem Lurantis twice, but I did a shitton of grinding before going up against it a third time so I still consider it harder than Clay was.
>>
>>30702257
My very first Carbink battle. Only because I saw rocks and thought rock type
>>
Whitney, Clair and Norman
>>
>>30704015
...Carbink IS a rock-type.
>>
That whore in Reflection Cave with the Hawlucha
>>
>>30702346
Yeah, pretty much. You might be surprised as to how much an attack with 20 BP can do when it's 4x effective.
>>
>>30702257
RBY/FRLG: Sabrina(Psychic types were a deadly sin back in the day
GSC/HGSS: Clair(Her Kingdra spams Smokescreen and Hydro Pump so fucking much)
RSE/ORAS: That Steven fight in Emerald(FUCK,THIS.FIGHT.)
DPPT:Cynthia rematch(You all know damn well why)
BW:Final N battle:(I feel like I was the only person who had a hard time with this fight)
BW2:Clay:(I HATE THAT FUCKING EXCADRILL)
XY:Siebold:(His fucking team is the only hard aspect of this piece of shit game)
S/M:Merged Lusamine(Totem Boosts AND 31IVs on ALL of her Pokemon? Fuck that!)

r8 and h8
>>
>>30702257
Rival in front of Nugget bridge in FR
Elesa in White
Hau's Alolan Raichu debut, Totem Vikavolt, Kukui, and Anabel in Moon.
I only remember actually losing in FR and White. Moon brought me close a few times.
>>
>>30702257
On S/M, the first and second Lusamine encounters.
>>
E4 in RSE because that was my first game
Most rival matches in FRLG
BW ghetsis - that hydreigon
>>
Clay's Excadrill is the only thing I remember losing against.
>>
>>30702257
reminder that her miltank was not fucking hard.
>>
>>30706250
It was hard for children whose sole thought process was "holy shit fire-type is the best"
>>
>>30702257
everything in HGSS
BW Elite Four (I was horribly underleveled)
other than that, nothing
>>
>>30706266
oh right. it's hard for me to imagine someone not picking totodile.
>>
Cynthia in Diamond/Pearl, Dennis in BW, Red in G/S/C/HGSS, Blue in any fight before he was the champion, Siebold in XY, and either Hau in Malie City or Totem Lurantis
>>
>>30702257
SM Anabel destroyed my team not one, not two, but three times. League has pokémon around lv55 and then they throw this bitch at you with lv61 pseudos? Fuck that.
>>
The surprise rival fight right before victory road
>>
>>30702257
Lurantis as a totem give me trouble.His partner mon kept confusing me.

Hau with A- Raichu surprised me. If I recall correctly I had really healed from the UB fight. I still won but kicked me around
>>
>>30702257
>that fucking Furfrou battle in XY
>only sp atk i have is ember
4508345 turns later
>>
>>30706467
you mean the double battle in the route under the palace with two furfrous that spam growl and tailwhip? that took forever
>>
>WHITNEY MILTANK WAS SO HARD OH MY GOD PTSD OH ONLY US 90'S KIDS REMEMBER IT WAS HARD

My fucking geodude fucking wreck'd Whitney, you faggots.
>>
>>30702257
Totem Lurantis
>>
Clair in HGSS, manages to be even fucking worse in GSC

>Kingdra
>just as bulky as it is hard hitting
>no weakness other than dragon
>only luck is getting dratini from game corner
>game corner
>Spams accuracy drops
>has 2 dragonairs to cripple literally every pokemon on your team
>you can tackle Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce in any order you want
>instead of having one be hard, on be "eh", and the other being piss easy, sorta like RGBY, they're all "eh"
>jump from level 31 to 40 within 30 minutes of gameplay
>rematching trainers in the 2nd generation is impossible to do without a guide
>no easy levels
>probably gonna tackle this fight with level 35 mons

there are just so many things in this fight that makes it bullshit
>>
>>30706958
It helps if you're not stupid desu
Clair isn't hard at all
>>
>Blue in Kanto (gen 1)
>Whitney's Miltank and Claire's Kingdra in Johto
>Wattson in Hoenn (Emerald) and Steven (Ruby/Sapphire)
>CYNTHIA
>gen 5 and gen 6 don't really have anything challenging
>most of the totem pokemon in Sun/Moon can wreck your shit if you aren't prepared
>>
>>30704127
Surprised nobody else is talking about this. Replayed Y before SM came out and breezed through the entire game up until this bitch. Wiped my team twice. She blew me back to BW.
>>
>>30704127
I didn't have a problem with her in my first playthrough but when I tried a run using nothing but WT Pokémon she kicked my ass. Should've been the Gym Leader instead of Korrina.
>>
File: CynthiaPlatinum.gif (15KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
CynthiaPlatinum.gif
15KB, 80x80px
I just want a DP remake only to rematch her.
And the remix
>>
>>30706268
>everything in HGSS
you had throuble with extremely low leveled shitmons?
>>
Lusamine's Clefable was a motherfucker for me.
>couldn't OHKO it
>kept healing itself
>and then doing more damage to me
I ended up taking it out with Toxic and had no problems with the rest of her squad.
>>
>>30711270
>all low level, too easy
>wtf is with this leveling curve, it's not fair!!!
>>
>>30706647
>It's not hard if you use a Pokemon it won't be effective against/is effective against it
Shocking
>>
Gen 1 -Misty's starmie gave me a hard time, also the First time facing elite 4.
Gen 2- Whitney's Miltank and Claire's Kingdra.
Gen 3- Nothing hard until Frontier.
Gen 4- Nothing really.
Gen 5- Nothing
Gen 6- The difficulty in these games is laughable. Megaevolution being accesible so early didn't make it better.
Gen 7- Kukui battle. Elite 4 also took me by surprise as I was expecting the kahunas and not Ghost Loli and flying golfer.
>>
>>30704876
>Merged Lusamine's Clefable
If it hadn't used metronome into healing wish (lol), I don't know how I would have defeated her
>>
>>30706467
So much this
>tfw got swept in a nuzlocke
>>
>>30713163
But it had magic guard, toxic wont affect it

I know because I toxic it myself
>>
nobody ever mentions this, but fucking Will swept my team over and over in gen 2. Was the first trainer ever where I had to go intentionally grind for hours and buy tons of items before I beat him.
>>
>>30702257

Lance in Gold and Silver and Cynthia in Platinum. I lost multiple times fighting both.
>>
BW was such a disappointing cakewalk until Ghetsis. He literally pushed my shit in three times in a row because the only thing i had that could be used against his Hydreigon was my Scrafty.

Hala's E4 battle in moon was also a challenge for me. My Ribombee had garbage SpA, so even with a quiver dance it couldn't oneshot his Crabominable (which outsped most of my team). Not using the Exp Share and being 6+ levels lower also didn't help. I ended up turning it on and beating the other E4 Members to grind up some levels so I actually stood a chance.
>>
>>30715534
>Crabominable (which outsped most of my team)

Not sure if jape or serious
>>
>>30702380
>B2W2 was pretty easy
not sure about that it has some uphill battles
like cheren can fuck you up

if you dont have anything for Burge his leavanny fucks you up

but thats about it really
>>
I only beat lusamine in ultra space because her clefable metronome'd healing wish
>>
>>30702257
>battles you had trouble with
Easily the hardest battle I think was Steven in RS, but I never lost, Pokemon is easy. He had me sweat for a bit though (when I first fought him when I was 11).
>>
File: 1407345192969.jpg (28KB, 591x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407345192969.jpg
28KB, 591x720px
>>30715281
>>30715711
she rolled cotton guard on turn 1

thanks showderp
>>
>pretty much any trainer ever with a Miltank because I don't usually run Fighting types
>Cynthia. Hard but the perfect difficulty of hard where it's consistently fun to play against.
>Juan's Double Team Kingdra in Emerald because it was my first Pokemon game and I was a retard and only used Swampert but didn't have EQ because I "didnt want to hurt my teammates"
>the double battle with Gyarados and Raichu in (DP)Pt (I replay Platinum a lot but not quite sure if it's in DP as well). Not particularly hard in subsequent playthroughs but it took me by surprise.
>also that double battle in (DP)Pt right between the mansion route and the rainy marsh route what the fuck
>don't remember Gen V that much but I do remember Ghetsis being awful
>I had some trouble with Totem Mimikyu
>>30704127
>>30702310
these
>>30702555
Grant's Amaura rekt my team a couple times. I was doing a mono Psychic run and Braixen was the only thing that wasn't one shotted by Refrigerate Take Down. Thankfully burn hax eventually saved the day.

Special mention goes to Red/Blue in the Battle Tree for not healing my half fainted Pokemon before anally pummeling the rest.
>>
I've only really had trouble with Moon
>totem salazzle on my first run
>the teacher on my second run
>some cunt outside the school on my second run
>ula ula hau both runs
>totem lurantis both runs
>gladion before the elite 4 first run
>elite 4 acerola first run
>>
A couple of friends and I were doing a nuzlocke run for I think it was white and the dragon gym leader wiped my team due to dragon dance. Had to find some scraps in the PC to take that fucker out.
>>
>>30715953
Guzma and Gladion took me a couple tries. I don't have a Fire type nor do I have a Pokemon with a Fire type move though.
>>
>>30702257

Honestly, HGSS Lance tends to give me a bit of trouble when I do a no grind runthrough. His Dragonites just hit so hard, and they're very tanky.
>>
>>30702257
Gen I Misty. Then it was easy.

Gen II Miltank. Then it was easier than Gen I because the levels were a joke.

Gen III was easy, but harder than Gen I in general. There's not a rival, but everyone had a surprise under their sleeve.

Gen IV was easier. Cynthia got me because I never trained in the whole game and my Golduck's Blizzard hit Garchomp for less than 1/2 HP, but it was a step down from Gen III in terms of difficulty.

Gen V stepped it up a little as Lenora wasn't easy. Then it was.

Gen VI was an absolute joke.

Gen VII had Lurantis calling for help to cover its weaknesses and punish the unprepared, like me. So that was a nice surprise. Then it was easy, but definitely harder than the last 3 generations, I'd say it was as easy/hard as Gen III.
>>
Lurantis and that fucking Castform.
>>
>>30702257
Totem Mimikyu was faster than everything on my team and the Haunters/Gengars it summoned were ALSO faster than everything on my team and never missed a Hypnosis. Kukui's Primarina brought me down to just Incineroar before the comeback king brought it home. >>30704127 Also this bitch once, but only when I'd started with Fennekin and I was Nuzlocking. Incidentally, that run was my bloodiest Nuzlocke ever and I'm not really sure why.
>>
I remember rolling with only Blaziken back in Emerald. Got to Winona and hit a wall and then remembered I put a marill in the daycare at the beginning of the game. Motherfucker was level 40 so I gave it a rare candy and taught it ice beam and destroyed that gym.
>>
>totem laurantis
>hau's alolan raichu
>nanu
Mainly because I had shite coverage on my team
>>
>>30715927
>Ghetsis being awful

People say this, but I don't remember it being that hard.
I do remember my roommate at the time asking how I beat his Hydreigon, and the answer to that was the Throh I had been using all game.
>>
File: 1878596-chikorita.png (65KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1878596-chikorita.png
65KB, 320x320px
Most gym battles in Gold, it was my first, I was young, and I chose Chikorita as my starter.
In BW, it was Alder, letting Volcarona get a single quiver dance ended me.
>>
File: gym3.png (2KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
gym3.png
2KB, 240x160px
For some reason I remember having a lot of trouble with this fight as a kid. Pretty sure it was because I only leveled blaziken and it would get paralyzed or something and die and the only other mon that was even close to a reasonable level was swellow
>>
>>30721274
I just realized I used the wrong electric type gym for the picture. I meant the emerald one. No bully
>>
File: 1452712016656.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
1452712016656.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>30721274
>>
>>30715281
>using magnezone
>dire hit+flash cannon
>bitch still doesn't die because lol moonlight
>metronome into magma storm
yeah nice battle
>>
Anyone have trouble with the Brain and Brawn duo with the Mr. Mime and Machoke? Them and that one sky battle with Emolga are the only battles I remember having issues with in X/Y
>>
>Tate and Liza, Emerald edition
casual me couldn't fathom how a super effective surf didn't do shit against their stuff
>>
>>30721548
>>30702257
I have never gotten past Tate and Liza in a nuzlocke
>>
>>30702310
this
t. always mudkip
>>
File: Grovyle used Absorb.png (916KB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Grovyle used Absorb.png
916KB, 1174x881px
>>30702310
DELET THIS
>>
>>30702257
Stadium 1's Surge is some horseshit as a kid.

>come in backing ground types thinking there's no way Surge can do much of anything to me
>"Pikachu used Surf!"
>get swept instantly
>try to teach my pikachu Surf in Red
>cant learn it

That's some cheap shit and you know it
>>
>>30702257
I recently replayed through Platinum and Cynthia was pretty challenging (probably because I didn't use healing items) but my Garchomp was what saved me, it outsped most of her team
>>
>>30706958
You can fucking cheese the fight by teaching Typhlosion or literally anything else Thunder-punch/Ice-punch
>>
XY Mega Gardevoir is a bitch, i had to spam revives until it ran out of Shadow Ball and even then i barely beat her
>>
>>30719577
Anyone having trouble with Ghetsis' Hydreigon should be branded a retard unless it's their first Pokemon game. How do you not at least have something with Ice Beam at that point? It's a fucking must for every endgame unless you have something else against dragons.
>>
RBY: Champion Blue was tough for me because retarded kid me had shit teams and never bought items.
GSC: Whitney, Morty, Claire
RSE: Brawly, Wattson, Liza and Tate (I skipped all trainers in the sea)
DPP: None really
BW: None
BW2: Never played
XY: Literally none
SM: Totem Lurantis, Totem Mimikyu, Blue because I didn't save before entering and my team had been raped by the route before him.
>>
>>30702257
cyrus

his gyarados has earthquake and rekt my luxray
>>
>>30706356
Fuck.
I'm way overleveled now.
I didn't know you had to fight her until yesterday.
I just was raising a SB Sharpedo at the league and now almost all my team is 70.

Still, Storm Throw Scrappy Pangoro can take on the league alone.
>>
What the fuck GF
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
am I allowed to mention spinoff games from the main series? because holy shit with a water starter and grass companion I did not have a good time
>>
>>30722374
you are cute
>>
>>30702257
Lusamine
Holy shit that Clefable stalled the fuck out of my team
>>
>>30702257
Gen 1: Yellow Version's Koga fight
Gen 2: Red
Gen 3: Cycling Road Rival, Norman, Glacia, Battle Frontier, Miror B, Lady Venus, Dakim, Ein, Mount Battle
Gen 4: trying not to suck on Shoddy Battle
Gen 5: Lenora's Watchog, Ghetsis' Hydreigon
Gen 6: staying awake
Gen 7: enduring the music for any battle other than regular ones and also staying awake
>>
>>30721505
i think i remember a sky battle with emolga that stood out to me because the emolga was an absolute beast.

fuck yeah emolga
>>
RBY: Misty, Yellow Surge and Yellow Sabrina.
GSC: First four gyms.
RSE: May under the bridge, Drake and Steven in Sapphire and Emerald Wattson.
Colosseum: First Admin battles, Nascour and especially Evice.
GoD: First Snattle, first Gorigan, Eldes and Greevil. Mostly because I catch every Pokemon in Pokeballs, though.
DPPt: Platinum Cynthia
BW1: Elesa and Ghetsis

FRLG, HGSS, BW2, XY and ORAS didn't have battles I have trouble with.
>>
>>30702257
that hoe in hoen with the milotic
>>
>>30723358
>Having trouble with Diantha
XY your first game?
>>
Some random trainer in SM with a Carbink
>>
>>30724727
This. At the ranch.
I didn't have enough type coverage, thank fuck i could dodge him
>>
>>30721505
>that one sky battle with Emolga
Fuuuuck I remember that now
My only Sky Battle mon was Fletchinder and that Emolga wrecked my shit so hard I avoided every Sky Battle trainer from then on.
>>
Other than the obvious "Most of Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, alongside the leg of PBR"
Gen 1: Sabrina, Lance's League of Hyper Beams.
Gen 2: Whitney, Jasmine, Claire, Lance again.
Gen 3: May's 2nd fight and the bridge fight, Wattson, Phoebe (I know), and Steven.
Colo: Honestly struggled a lot in this game without powergrinding.
Gen 4: Cynthia was pretty much the only one in both versions.
Gen 5: Lenora, Elesa, FUCKING MARSHAL, Ghetsis (both BW & B2W2), and the Colress refight.
Gen 6: That Furfrou couple, that's it.
Gen 7: Most totems, Guzma's Aether fight, Dexio2 (I didn't know it was coming), and Blue.
Surprisignly, Totem Lusamine wasn't a big issue for me.
>>
>>30713344
>/vp/ is one person!!!
>>
Clair GSC/HGSS
Juan Emerald

Never seem to be prepared for kingdra
>>
File: lusameme.jpg (99KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
lusameme.jpg
99KB, 465x750px
2nd lusamine fight, i was underleveled throughout most of sun and moon

and now i realized i enjoy being underleveled cus it makes it a bit more enjoyable if its more difficult imo
>>
>>30724576
Only now realized I completely forgot SM. Hau's Ula'ula fight, Kahili and Kukui are main offenders. Special mention goes to an ace trainer at route 5 with a Sylveon.
>>
Colosseum
>>
>that fucking psychic type user in platinum that used bronzong
>>
>>30702257
Most of SM since i turned off the exp share
>>
>>30723366
>send out Scrafty
>outsped and OHKO'd by Focus Blast
>send in Haxorus
>outsped and OHKO'd by Dragon Pulse
>send out Vannilluxe
>outsped and OHKO'd by Fire Blast

Also the Ice Beam TM isn't available until the Giant Chasm. Did you actually play Ge n V?
>>
- Red in GS
- The postgame fights immediately after BW. For some reason the level jump from N/Ghetsis to some of the immediate post game trainers was huge, like the GF guy.

Everything else was really easy.
>>
>>30726201

>send out a bunch of shit weak to him
>surprised you lose

amazing
>>
>>30726352
what did you use then? Literally everything else gets 2HKO'd
>>
ghetsis was a joke, I don't even remember what my team was in the playthrough. Probably something that wasn't weak to dragon/fighting and had ice as a coverage move?
>>
oddly the only game that had anything difficult (other than the first time I stupidly stumbled into red in gen 2) was BW2. Black Tower/White Forest can be kind of tough if your team isn't optimized for it and you get shit luck with the doctors. Also I used a monotype ice team for the playthrough for fun and got wrecked by Marshall immediately rechallenging (when they're 15+ levels higher) after beating the Elite 4 the first time when they're all high 40's or low 50's.
>>
>>30721417
>using magnezone
>spam charge beam to get up to +6
>2HKO it with flash cannon
>1HKO rest of team
>>
>>30706681
Hardest Totem battle in the game, had to actually use a strategy for this son of a bitch instead of just half assing it.
>>
>>30702257
Fuck Cynthia and fuck Garchomp
>>
>>30726400
>Ice Coverage
So, only Blizzard.
So your options were.
>Samurott, his better with revenge or fucking Megahorn
>Simipour lol
>Audino lol
>Jellicent
>Alomomola lol
No, you killed this thing as a Dark type, not a Dragon. Hit it hard enough with Fighting or Bug.
Meinshao was the best thing if you're trying to OHKO.
>>
I did a run of White 2 with my favourite Pokemon on Challenge Mode, and by the time I was in Castelia City I had a Croconaw, Kirlia and an Onix. Needless to say, Burgh's Leavanny swept me about 6 times before I somehow managed to win.
>>
>>30726515
I argue hardest totem goes to Wishiwashi, because your only SE options are Charjabug, Pikachu, Magnemite or the traded Bounsweet/Steenee if you didn't choose Rowlett.
Harsh Sunlight + Inferno Overdrive could one shot if with a strong enough mon.
>>
>>30726540

>all those assumptions
>blizzard, and by TM, is the only way to have an ice move

I've never used a Mienshao in any game, but like I said I don't remember what my team is. Obviously he isn't that hard to kill since you just pulled a bunch of possible counters out of your hat, but it wasn't hard or a fight that stood out to me so I don't care or recall what my team was when it happened any more than say the 4th gym leader.
>>
>>30726592
I didn't have a Pokemon with a fire move for Lurantis, whereas I had Charjabug, Magnemite and Dartrix for Wishiwashi.
>>
>>30726592
You also have Petilil or Cottonee.
My Petilil with Leftovers and Mega Drain/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder/Growth completely shat on Wishiwashi.
>>
What's up with normal type gym leaders? Why are they usually so fucking strong compared to the others.
>>
>>30726201
how the fuck is your Haxorus slower than an NPC's Hydreigon? Did you have absolutely no speed EV's/IV's?
>>
>>30726719

usually because at the stage you fight them there aren't many decent mons that learn a fighting move, they have great coverage, and the ones they use are bulky or annoying with status etc., which further takes advantage of having little weakness.
>>
>>30702257
I literally never struggled with Whitney in gen 2. I'm usually up to 10 levels above the gym leaders in those games so they get curbstomped no matter what. I always figured her being "difficult" was just a facebook meme.
>>
>>30708821
I had the same problem. It seems like especially since BW they've been pumping a lot of late-game evolvers into the series which causes fights early on to around 3 quarters of the way through the game or more sometimes to really set you back when you go up against those one stage/doesn't evolve decentmons that have a good 50-100+ bst on your team. This hit me hard playing through sun. I had a crabrawler and a charjabug, and (to a lesser extent) salandit, and especially the former two were borderline usless as I approached the end of the game before they evolved. I could basically only use them against mons they were supereffective against and even then they were still getting their shit kicked in half the time. The z-moves saved them a bit I suppose though.
>>
>>30727094
So you were level 30 at Goldenrod, when the nearby wild mons/trainers are like level 12?

Most people don't grind level 10 rattatas for hours or exclusively use their starter.
>>
>>30727094
>rpg isn't difficult if you spend hours grinding before boss fights guys! Man what makes these facebook normies think this is so difficult?
>>
>>30727140
>this stupid asshole has't played SM
>>
Whitney's Miltank, Cheren(B2W2), Totem Lurantis and Totem Mimikyu.
>>
Everything starting from after the 3rd kahuna in Sun and Moon. Of course, mook trainers are easy. But I had legitimate challenge and almost lost a few fights.

Fused Lusamine was easy as shit for me, though. Her Clefable kept using worthless moves that let my Salazzle get to +6 to sweep her entire team.
>>
>>30724068
That was when I learned Orbs weren't trash this game and I actually needed a backup plan for potential bosses.

Best timing for such a brutal bossfight.
>>
>>30727140
More like
>the stupid asshole who never reached the Elite 4 in any pokémon game.
>>
Gen1: Sabrina
Gen2: Whitney and Sabrina again
Gen3-4: Nothing
Gen5: Elesa
Gen6: Nothing
Gen7: Sina and totem Lurantis.
>>
>>30702257
Totem Mimikyu
3rd Guzma battle
Anyone with an ice type move because my entire team was weak to ice except for Toxapex

Also you're an utter shitter if you had trouble with Lusamine, two of her mons do literally nothing but spam pain split
>>
>>30715181
>champion battle hard
Salazzle wiped out the last 3 pokemon in his team cause they were all weak to fire
>>
Clay in BW was such a pain in the ass to the point where I had to backtrack to catch and grind a certain mon which was specifically good against him. I forgot which mon it was but it had to deal with his Excadrill I think. I don't remember having any trouble with him at all in BW2 though.
>>
How in the hell can you have problems with ANY mon in ALL the games except 1st generation champions league? Since I remember you always picked starter and cleared out everything and everyone with it, 1/3 in the game you are invincible.
>>
>>30706000
You can lose to Lusamine 1 and the game goes on.
>>
File: 1480209735074.png (1MB, 766x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480209735074.png
1MB, 766x1080px
>>30704876
Steven in Emerald is probably the greatest battle of all.
>>
>>30727140
>things that will never happen
>>
>>30726776
Most endgame NPCs have perfect IVs. It's been that way since at least Gen IV, probably earlier, and some at least in Gen VI and on, dunno about earlier also have EV investment as well.
Never had trouble with Ghetsis myself, since I never used any of the 15 Rare Candies you pick up in the course of the game until I realized I had a level 50 Zweilous on my team right outside N's throne room.
>>
I dunno about you guys but Lance always gangbangs my ass in HGSS, I never EVER have an Ice or Rock type on my type so his Dragonites just end up bending me over, and I always somehow end up turning my water types into HM slaves and they know Waterfall, Surg
and whirlpool...

Than again that was about 3 years ago so who knows about now
>>
>>30727725
>not running the canon starter of ANY Johto-based game, Geodude
How did you ever make it that far?
>>
In gold the steel gym, totodile starter and fought slightly underleveled, magnamite wrecked me ery time
>>
I beat it 1st time with a Curse - Gyro ball Torkoal, Torkoal is pimp
>>
>>30715422
I swear it worked.
>>
File: Buzzwole is a good dad.jpg (157KB, 924x967px) Image search: [Google]
Buzzwole is a good dad.jpg
157KB, 924x967px
Kukui's the only one I have any recollection of, outside of the frontier.

I might have had trouble in other battles but nothing big enough for me to remember.
>>
>>30730491
Maybe it Metronome'd up Skill Swap at some point.
>>
lumantis or whatever its called totem fight

made the mistake of beating the first back up pokemon only for it to be followed by sunny castform
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.