[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /vp/ tell me what your favorite Pokemon is and tell me WHY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: machamp thumbs up.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
machamp thumbs up.gif
2MB, 540x304px
Okay /vp/ tell me what your favorite Pokemon is and tell me WHY it should and/or should not get an Alolan form or Mega form.

>Why it should
Alakazam and Gengar already have a mega form, and Golem has an alolan form. Machamp is the only one who is not touched on
>Why it shouldn't
It's already really good, and doesn't need much of anything to change regarding its typing, stats, or ability. No Guard Machamp is great with moves like Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge being in its arsenal.
>>
File: machamp who is awesome.png (626KB, 679x369px) Image search: [Google]
machamp who is awesome.png
626KB, 679x369px
>>30696855
you already posted my favorite mon, OP.

>It's already really good, and doesn't need much of anything to change regarding its typing, stats, or ability. No Guard Machamp is great with moves like Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge being in its arsenal.
Agree that Machamp doesn't need a mega nor an alola form but he does need some buff. His playstyle is very predictable and with the confusion nerf AND burn nerf, Guts is looking more attractive. And we all know Conkeldurr does the Guts set better.

Bar the Fissure meme, I think some movepool change and HA change would be beneficial in lieu of a mega/alolan form.

>Increase Dynamic Punch damage to 120 BP like Zap Cannon and to offset the confusion nerf
>HA Steadfast is changed to Defiant or Stamina
I'm going to get a lot of shit for this but
>physical Quiver Dance exclusive

I mean, what was the point of giving Machamp the official website, Pokken rep, and promos in SM demo/game if GF is going to pay dust to him?
>>
File: 1429307434365.png (52KB, 320x196px) Image search: [Google]
1429307434365.png
52KB, 320x196px
>>30696855
>tfw mine already has a mega
>>
>>30696855
>Charizard
>What it has:
A Mega. And another one.
>What it should get
An Alolan form that's pure Dragon, so it can be an actual dragon instead of being locked to a Dragon Mega. It would have more Speed and Attack but less Special Defense. Its Dragon Pulse and Dragon Claw get a joint Z-Move; Alozardium Z allows it to use Draconic Rage.
Alolan Charmeleon is a thing as well, Charmander isn't.
>Why it shouldn't get this
It's fucking Charizard.
>>
File: best mon.png (33KB, 1009x710px) Image search: [Google]
best mon.png
33KB, 1009x710px
>Magnezone

>Why it should.
It's technically a Kanto Pokemon, and it's already in the dex. Plus it hasn't really gotten anything.

>Why it wouldn't
It's already a pretty solid Mon, so really anything would just be worse. Plus there's not a very good excuse that they could bullshit out a reason as to why it got changed. It's not organic so there's not really anything that you could do change it other than maybe say that it's using "alolan" coding.
And the biggest reason is that a Mega would probably be more fitting for it.
>>
File: 1480216666832.jpg (177KB, 453x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480216666832.jpg
177KB, 453x700px
The Gen IV starters, dude. Specifically Torterra. I feel like they've gotten little to no love, with the last time we've seen Sinnoh is about to be going on 9 years now. Such a shame, considering they're all really solid typings and each can fill their designated role with excellence. They desperately need some form of buff or boost to make them relative again, and I feel like we're gonna get that in the form of an exclusive z move or a new mega during the inevitable Gen IV remake.
Now, specifics. Torterra is probably one of the least loved grass starters, above Meganium and Chesnaught, but below Sceptile. While his speed is shit, his beefiness and great physical stats more than make up for it. If he had a Mega, I'd personally want it to be allocated to his defense, sp. defense and attack. Just make him a tanky but slow powerhouse.
Empoleon, from what I've seen on /vp/ and others, is probably the most loved out of the three. Once again, kinda shit speed. Essentially Torterra but with physical and special stats switched around. I've never really been fond of it, but if it had a mega that added 30 speed, 50 special attack, and and 20 hp, I would definitely give it another look.
Infernape was, I'm guessing, supposed to be everyone's favourite, the Charizard or Blaziken of the region. He takes away some of Blaziken's attack and hp, and just shoves it straight into speed. That's not really a bad thing, I suppose I can see what Nintendo was trying to do with it. For a mega, he'd definitely need an attack boost, and maybe a little bit for each of his defenses too, to make sure he doesn't drop the moment a water or psychic type comes around.
Either that, or they can all get z-moves. Which is probably 10x more likely.
>>
>Ursaring
>why it should
Barely anyone cares about this thing, and I wish it was relevant. If it got a mega, it would need a good boost to Speed and a smaller one to his already high attack. As for Alolan, no idea. The only suggestion I have would just make him compete with Granbull.
>why it shouldn't
Most would see it as a waste.
>>
>>30697145
Why not levitation HA?
>>
No way Sinnoh starters arent helped out in some way in the remakes... i doubt it will be megas but they will do something, and I would not be surprised if there were more new megas for sinnoh as well as z-moves, giving tons of different battle strategies and a very "the pinnacle of pokemon" feel to the gen 4 remakes.
>>
File: 250px-083Farfetch'd.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-083Farfetch'd.png
54KB, 250x250px
As much as I love it, I know it's absolute garbage. So it should take anything it can get. But a Mega or variant alone won't save it, it needs to get a better movepool as well.
>>
>>30698074
OP here, i fucking love this guy. I had the Farfetch'd in my first run through of Fire Red and it saved my ass against Blue. It was the best fucking thing on the team too and I didn't even give it the Stick.
It needs better stats too.
>>
>>30696855
>Garchomp
Already got a mega and it made it worse.

Or

>Aerodactyl
Already got a mega and made it look stupid as shit.

I don't really care about new Megas outside the Mega Flygon meme, but I'd like to see Sinnoh Variants in the remakes, and maybe an 'Ultra Dialga' and 'Ultra Palkia' to just completely shit up the meta and ruin anything resembling the integrity of game balance. Only seems fair since that's what ORAS got.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.