[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is now an ability called Frozen Armor. It has a 30% chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: Fpy24a.png (38KB, 578x217px) Image search: [Google]
Fpy24a.png
38KB, 578x217px
There is now an ability called Frozen Armor. It has a 30% chance to freeze after being hit by a contact move. It ups to 50% if the pokemon is knocked out.

These five pokemon get it.

Who is the defacto Frozen Armor pokemon?
>>
Avafugg
>>
Definitely not Sandslash.
>>
Sandslash and Avalugg. If you really want to make use of something that has a chance to happen when you get hit, you need to be able to be hit more than once for it to matter.
In other news, it'd be instantly banned by smogon.
>>
>>30694568
Why is there not a status move that freezes like thunder wave and will O wisp?
>>
>>30694615
Would be too overpowered.
>>
>>30694615
Because Ice has to be the worst type
>>
>>30694650
It's literally the same as Sleep
>>
>>30694699
No it is not.

>Freeze
no limit on how long it last

>Sleep
Limited to 1-4 turns

Freeze can literally go on for 10+ turns without breaking.
>>
>>30694738
There's more things that can clear it out, like most fire attacks and scald, that even the frozen pokemon can use.
But it would be broken to be able to inflict the status at will.
>>
>>30694738
i played a showdown match in gen 5 where my opponent was frozen for 18 turns

i had never felt so bad for anyone in my life
>>
>>30694650
Not if you distrubite it to the right and few Pokemon who could use it. Aurorus and Avalugg could definitely make great use of it. Freeze as a status move is not that much different from Sleep. You can thaw out the very turn you freeze in and can even use moves to get out of it(Scald en Flare Blitz being the most common ones). On top of that, Pokemon can't be frozen under harsh sun light, so Drought users and Sunny Day could see (way) more use. I would say that Freeze at this point is balanced out enough to deserve its own status move.
>>
>>30694568
Walrein should get it instead of Froslass
>>
File: Ah.gif (51KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ah.gif
51KB, 320x180px
>>30694568
You're grossly underestimating how good that is.

Avalugg gets banned from Ubers.
>>
You want to make freeze good again?

Make freeze permanent like gen 1 where the only way to defrost was by getting hit by a fire move.

Lower the freeze chance to 5% on all ice moves that can freeze. Double the chance when used by an ice pokemon. Make it so it can only happen once per game or only one pokemon can be frozen at a time (auto freeze clause).

Now any ice pokemon can get essentially an OHKO move by spamming ice beam, freeze becomes a good but rare status condition, and ice stall becomes a legit strategy.
>>
File: 1434389823409.gif (569KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
1434389823409.gif
569KB, 162x152px
>gamefreak will always leave ice as the worst type
>gamefreak will always make ice types available late-game
>gamefreak will continue to make more fairy types (53 total pokes) than ice types (43 total pokes)
>gamefreak will never make ice strong against fairy to take care of two power imbalances at the same time
>>
>>30694988
Buffing ice offensively accomplishes nothing. A fairy resist I could see helping, though.
>>
File: 1399792632935.jpg (20KB, 243x240px) Image search: [Google]
1399792632935.jpg
20KB, 243x240px
>>30694988
>Make Ice good against Fairy
>Water types now buffed, Ice types still shit
>>
>>30694768
I'm more surprised at your opponent sticking in for more than 5 turns frozen tho
>>
>>30694568
>using aurorus and slandlash defensively
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRFsk49Hxc
>>
>>30695075
Every time I freeze an opponent on showdown they just disconnect. Smogonbabbies can't handle anything random.
>>
>>30695009
>>30695016
This. Ice is a bad type to have, not to use. Buffs to Ice only make sense by some how addressing how shit it is defensively, even if you don't just go right to tinkering with the matchups.
>>
>>30695187
What about making Ice resist Fairy?
>>
>>30695187
>make Ice super effective against and resist Fairy
>make Ice resist Dragon

Wow, now it has a defensive purpose in the very healthy meta; and Fairy needs a real weakness. If not Ice, then Fire or Rock or something. Being vulnerable to two shit movepools like Steel and Poison, with even shittier access for non Poison and non Steel types, is fucking retarded.
>>
>>30695575
Turn the bug resistance into a weakness desu.
>>
>>30695101
if you happen to randomly freeze the one thing capable of stopping [insert setup sweeper] then why bother playing out the loss over the next few turns instead of instantly conceding?
>>
>>30695622
No, Bug is already good for coverage, and as a typing.

I don't really want Ice to have more coverage as much as I want Fairy to be weak to ONE TYPE that's common and used by many pokemon for coverage.
>>
>>30695632
to accept your defeat honorably
>>
>>30695101
I got frozen twice by ice beams in the same showdown match and was laughing my ass off.

Then later in a different match, I got a Crit on a sleeping toxapex with my +3 Xurkitree and my opponent threw a fit.
I think sometimes people are glad the RNG doesn't go their way so they have something to blame the loss on.
>>
>Ice now resists water and rock
>Immediately viable
>>
>>30695659
which you do by conceding
forcing your opponent to play out a loss is nothing other than poor sportmanship
especially if said loss came due to random chance
>>
>>30695662
Baseline crit chance is the biggest issue with competitive pokemon.

GF should have removed baseline crit, given players a reason to use something like Focus Energy, and updated moves nobody uses with "this move always crits" or "this move has x% chance to crit".

Crits are retardedly powerful; they factor in all offensive buffs, ignore all defensive buffs, and deal 1.5x damage on top of STAB or super effective damage.
>>
>>30695688
you could still win though,just quitting right away instead of at least seeing what happens is in poor form
>>
>>30695668
Water kind of makes sense, but why would it resist rock?
>>
>>30695727
>expanding ice as it freezes destroys rocks
Watch more magic school bus, anon.
>>
>>30695714
if your opponent is now free to start dragon dancing infront of your fairy there's no real point in playing out the inevitable conclusion

heck in most mental sports like say, chess, its considered a sign of inexperience to keep playing past the point of defeat
>>
>>30695806
Chess doesn't really have a situation where a dice roll changes the current set up of the board, though. For better or worse, Pokemon is a game with chance fundamentally factored in, and as such it's not too much of a stretch to be able to have it break back your way after it already gave you a bad one. People don't have to like it, or even put up with it, but there's nothing wrong in playing a game out where you had a bad draw. I'm not saying you should rely on it or something retarded like "if you were really good you could still play past it," but one pretty bad roll is not really enough to justify quitting in all circumstances.
>>
>>30695793
I know about ice being less dense than water, but shouldn't that mean rock would be weak to ice, not that ice would resist rock?
Hitting a chunk of ice with a rock would damage it a fair bit.
sorry if i messed up that first sentence
>>
>>30695845
there's plenty of circumstances where its justified
your opponent is not obligated to have you fap all over your +3/+3 sweep they can do fuckall about
>>
>>30695847
Oh right, you were talking about resists, not super-effectiveness.

Eh, it could still work. A lot of type match-ups only "make sense" in an offensive way even if they don't all the time in real life. Ie. all those bugs that eat birds or all those plants that fuck up bugs.
>>
>>30694568
sounds like a shit ability even at 100% all it takes is to switch to a fire type or better yet just use a special or non-contact move like rock slide
>>
>>30695698
Some defensive stall Pokemon are impossible to break without crits, there a necessary evil.
If something with Stockpile or Cosmic Power has recovery and access to something like twave then crits had be to exist for a chance for the other player to win.

You don't wanna lose because a stallmon haxxed you out do you?
>>
>>30695908
>what are teams
>>
>>30694738
Would it be that fucking hard to put a max timer on freeze.

My god. This is literally the only thing that they need to do. Who cares if its then too similar to Sleep? At the moment its basically a non factor in most battles apart from some unfortunate hax.

My god how autistic are people who cant see how simple it is to fix this status instead just crying 'muh broken'.
>>
>>30695980
There's always Chip Away and Sacred Sword.
Even then, if a guy can get to +6 Def/SpD, I think they deserve the win.
>>
For some reason I feel like Frostbite would be a better name for it.
>>
Anyone know how to get freeze dry onto a ninetails?
>>
>>30696463
Galile onto a smeargle bred onto vulpix
>>
>>30696463
Want me to just give you a Snow Warning Vulpix with Freeze-Dry, Moonblast, and Encore?
>>
>>30696510
I literally just figured this out and went to reply to my own post.

But you are a kind sir anyhow, thank you.
>>
>>30696463
Breed with Swinub or Delibird
>>
>>30696537
Hey the issue is that those don't learn it by level up, so they need to breed with something else.

The correct answer is just Glalie onto a Smeargle with sketch and then onto Ninetails via breeding.
>>
>>30694650
What is hypnosis
>>
>>30696527
think you can send one my way? I'm utterly dreading having to SoS the Snow Warning Vulpix.

I'll throw a mimikyu up asking for it, if you do reply soon.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.