[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTS Shilling Techniques? Since I have to grind anyways, I usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

File: lehappyshitto2.png (105KB, 864x566px) Image search: [Google]
lehappyshitto2.png
105KB, 864x566px
GTS Shilling Techniques?

Since I have to grind anyways, I usually run into a decent amount of Bewear, so I go into Bewear ->Type: Null, and then use my chimera son to get whatever I want. It worked to get Celesteela
>>
>>30691793
why are people giving you Type: Null for wild Bewear?
>>
>>30691793
Dude what nobody trades bewear for type null.

Troll thread
>>
browse scyther/porygon/magmar/electabuzz with respective held items every once in a while, someone will eventually ask for like a lapras or some shit
>>
I got 7 nulls with kangaskhan, evolved them into silvallys and finished my dex with the tapus, cosmoem, Solgaleo, and necrozma

prisim scale feebas is also very popular too.
>>
Received every legendary and UB with love ball vulpix
>>
Dratinis get you pretty much whatever you want.
>>
Trade for most rare things with Cyndaquil, though you might want other breeding projects because around the day you can get that pokemon on island scan the demand drops a bit. Work your way up by asking for preevolved trade mons (Graveler, etc.) so they'll evolve and you can trade. Try to trade up to Porygon-Z/Scizor and just poke around trying to get similar mons.

Also can chain Jangmo-o with a compoundeyes mon with thief for razor claws, then get an army of weavile for easy trades.
>>
>>30693344
This, by far the best way, I've been doing it for a bit. Everyone on the GTS asks for Weavile
>>
>>30691793
Deinos can get you pretty much anything.
>>
File: 1466567680869.jpg (50KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1466567680869.jpg
50KB, 359x255px
The final evolutions of weather-dependent SOS Pokemon (Goodra/Garchomp/Vanilluxe) are like gold on the GTS. Just hocked those three off for Type: Null, Lunala, and Cosmog. All Japanese, too. They must really not care about owning legendaries.

I'm hoping someone will take my Kartana for a Celesteela overnight (probably won't happen), but in case it doesn't work, I'll just evolve another one of my Goomys.
>>
DHELMISE

Seriously though,I even got a Solgaleo for one.
>>
I just put up breedject sandshrews

And the best part is they're not even HA.
>>
Feebas, Chikorita and Scizor has been the things I've traded the most to fill the Pokedex
>>
>Put up Jolly female Gible in Beast Ball, outrage egg move, no HA, shit IVs
>Still get literally anything you ask for in a minute tops
>Have a fucking thousand because breeding for a shiny

tfw I completed the Pokedex before I finished the 3rd island because I was just trying to get rid of my ungodly horde of Gibles and would ask for literally anything I was missing while I hatched eggs.
>>
Compound eyes stealing Electirizers from Elekids, and then catching lvl 29 Elekid. Evolve it to Electibuzz at lvl 30. Trade electibuzz with the electirizer for any legendary within 2 minutes. The actual farming process from start to end takes maybe half an hour though.
>>
>>30693328
I have a bunch of love ball Vulpix (only 2 with Snow Warning, the rest with Snow Cloak). What should I ask for?
>>
>>30694784
>Put up Jolly female Gible in Beast Ball, outrage egg move, no HA, shit IVs

I got a Jolly female beast ball HA Gibble with Best/Best/Best/Fantastic/Very Good IVs wondertrading an eevee with none of those things.
>>
>>30693254
>>30693269
Hey, I got 3+ T:N with this method. I guess cause Bewear is technically rare, or a close to level 60 pokemon.

I agree it's silly though, since T:N is a one off Pokemon
>>
>>30691793
>put up Beldum
>get anything
>>
Beldum for Celesteela then Celesteela for anything
Also I kept getting jewed on "great potential" Dittos yesterday, there is no honour in the world
>>
File: shitto5.png (282KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shitto5.png
282KB, 1000x1000px
>>30698027
Fuck I'm gonna retry that

Also, Dittos on GTS are usually shittos
>>
>Catch Mareanie
>Put up Mareanie
>Ask for literally anything and you get it

Dont even have their HA or anything.
>>
I've been breeding Riolus, getting Nulls, and yup.
>>
I used to use Beast Ball Riolu to get literally anything but that well seems to have dried up when it comes to legends. Haven't gotten any bites for Cosmog or Type:Null in a few days.

People often put up their own Cosmog for stupid shit, though. I've sniped them in exchange for Vanillite, Golisopod, Vikavolt, and Sharpedo, and missed many other opportunities such as Petilil and Bounsweet. It's super quick to get replacements for my living dex using those aforementioned Beast Ball Riolu.

My favorite thing to snipe on the GTS is Lucky Eggs. People often evolve their Cosmog up to the box legend and put them up on the GTS for their opposite, but I found that people forget to remove their Lucky Eggs with startling frequency. Someone does it every few minutes. I feel kind of bad exploiting their mistakes but I've gotten four Lucky Eggs this way.
>>
>>30698027
No one is going to give you things for free so you have to play dirty until you get something profitable in return by scamming people. I had to scam hundreds of people on the GTS to finally get a good 6IV Ditto.
>>
>>30698943
This anon is right. I partly did it for keks too, but that's how I completed my dex pre pokebank in gen 6
>>
Why are all those fuckers trying to trade Celesteelas for Celesteelas?
Have been all day trying to trade a Kartana for one, but seems that nobody is interested.
>>
why the fuck does everyone want a level 91+ ditto?

don't tell me you fucks actually battle with him and don't just use him for breeding
>>
>>30700062
Shit nature Celesteelas being traded in hopes of a good one by Sun players.
>>
>>30700146
91+ ditto means it's probably genned. Who'd trade away such a high ditto?
>>
>>30700062

1. Good natured Celesteela
2. Kartana -> Celesteela doesn't seem to work well. You might have better luck using your Kartana for Pheromosa
>>30700146
>>
>>30700420
Opps forgot to bring up my point for this

>>30700146
They want genned shittos for breeding
>>
>put up shitmon
>get a legendary in return
okay what the fuck? GTS in ORAS and XY wasn't that stupid. The hell is going on?
>>
>>30701614
Yes it was. Never trade away any unbreedables because there's always a dumb fuck who will for you.
Scythers with easily farmed metal coats
Goodra
Metang
etc.
Early on in XY's life, people were trading away Zygardes for stuff like Archen, which I used to get 10 zygardes. Some guy traded me his Xerneas for a Chikorita, and when I was GTS transferring my shiny Latias to AS, I realized that the shitmon I had put up (something like a Torkoal or other fire pokemon) had been already traded for a JP Latias.
>>
I've just been trading away Orangurus/Passimians. I've gotten just about everything I ask for with those.
>>
Relicanth completed 30% of my pokedex and has gotten me many ubs and tapus .
>>
Step One: Put something decently rare up. I've been using Lapras as of now.
Step Two: Ask for a Zydoggo.
Step Three: Ask for anything you want.
>>
>>30701614
People were fucking stupid, especially back then. I got a shitload of Xerneas and Yveltals just from putting up ordinary friend safari dittos
>>
>Put all the marks on ditto
>Ask for lego or sublego
>???
>Profit

60% of the time works everytime.
>>
>>30702371
Holy fuck, that worked for me just now with Bagon and Beldum. The Beldum wasn't even in a beast ball...
>>
I got a Lunala for a WT'd Abra

I also bred a bunch of riolu to make a bunch of Lucario to get hard to get mons
>>
I started with a highly valued full evo pokemon and slowly worked my way from the rarest mons (milotic, electivire, porygon-z etc) to the bottom

I never had a living dex and I'm not starting now
>>
I got the entire Pokedex off of breeded Vanillites. I did nothing but open GTS and run in circles hatching eggs for a couple of days now but I have 100% .

OT: Kumiko
I've got probably 100+ of those little guys around the world now
>>
>>30698159
Nobody would trade me a Bruxish for one.
>>
How are we supposed to get Porygon-z without injecting?
>>
>>30705415
Doesn't the battle tree sell dubious discs?
>>
>>30691793
Mah nigga.
Using only Bewears I had 5 IVs starters, in 5 minutes.
I don't really know why Bewear is so easy to trade on the GTS tbqh.
Will try with Castform since I caught one today.
>>
>>30705415
This >>30705494
>>
Just sniped someone who asked a Shellos for a Dratini
>>
I've got love ball vulpix, gibles and castforms. What will work best and what's the best legendary to ask for?
>>
>>30705990
Castform. Can ask for anything but stick to Celesteela for consistency.
>>
>>30706106
Thanks, I'll give that a go. Not had much luck with the vulpix but it seems like there's a lot on the wondertrade now
>>
>>30694898

Everything. The only thing that took more than 30 minutes of waiting was Tapu Fini, but I just got a second Tapu Bulu and traded that. Make sure you put up a message like "this pokemon has potential." Mine had extrasensory, freeze dry, moonblast, and had 5 IVs, HA,and love ball, so I think they were ahead in the game. I WT ones that don't habe HA.
>>
I've gotten all the legendaries, Type: Null and ~8 Cosmog for Carvanha. No idea why... any explanations?
>>
>>30691793
Island scan pokemon in any kind of special ball.
I have a few Nulls from breeding a Beast Ball Swinub.
>>
>>30694323
>Kartana for a Celesteela overnight (probably won't happen)
Seriously, why doesn't it work? I had mine up there for a day; nothing. I even saw Kartana requesters when i searched for Celesteela (obviously lost them because anything not DRAGONITE LVL 91 OR ABOVE are already gone by the time you see them), so it baffles me.
>>
>>30706284
Why do special balls make things more popular?
>>
>>30694678
This, or any rare fishmon really. Got Milotic and Salamence in two seconds flat
>>
>>30706486
My guess is because you get 4 Kartana but only 2 Celesteela. Kartana/Pheromosa and Buzzwole/Celesteela seems like it would work better.
>>
>>30706486
Don't put it up for days on end and wonder why it's still there. If it doesn't go in like an hour then it's well off the edge of the page and will never get seen.
That's ignoring the fact that Kartana is the least valuable UB and Celesteela is the most valuable.
>>
File: 1424468833932.jpg (156KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1424468833932.jpg
156KB, 803x688px
ok which one of you motherfuckers sent me a shiny 5 IVs Toxapex with Limber
>>
>>30706509
You only get one apricorn of each, and beasts are unlimited but a bitch to get many and even more of a bitch to catch stuff with
>>
Apricorn ball breedjects greatly helped me to complete the entire Alola Pokedex while on the 2nd island. Eevee, Chikorita, Cyndaquil. If something wasn't taking, I put up a female - It'd eventually get snatched up. Due to the Festival Plaza lottery trick, used a few bottle caps to entice if I needed certain trade evolutions or legendaries. Traded up any trade evos & legendaries to fill out everything else.

A friend helped with some higher level evolutions & legendaries while I had to wait to get trade evolutions on the GTS, but that was only for 15-20 Pokemon tops. If I weren't so impatient with GTS, I'd reckon tradebacks with my friend wouldn't even be needed

That was a couple of weeks ago, so if it still works with others at this point, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>30706554
>4 Kartana but only 2 Celesteela
Ah! I thought Celesteela was the Moon UB 4 and figured they would as such get four as well! Well, that explains it. Thanks pally
>>
>GTS scamming threads are back

Kek, like the good old days of XY. I'll bet money this is why they removed adding personal comments in your trade offer.

I really haven't been having any luck with hustling, infrequently I can snag Celesteela for Pokemon bred in apricorn balls, which I then cash in for other apricorn ball bred Pokemon. But it's not a very steady system.
>>
>>30706887
Some players switched over to using the Pokemon names for their (mostly unsuccessful) scams
>>
>>30706953
Tried that, no luck. "HA 5IV 4EM" fits, but no one believes you.

Humorously enough the one time I traded for a Meowth with the name "HA 4IV", they were actually telling the truth.
>>
>>30706953
Anything that says 6IV is a blatant lie. I've only gotten one good Ditto online and it had no nickname.
>>
>>30706651
So basically just for show.
>only one of each apricorn ball
And here I was thinking I'd be able to buy them at some point, what a shame. Good thing I haven't used any of them.
>>
>>30707020
I just got a Goomy nicknamed "6 IV" over WT. It had 5 instead of 6, which struck me as amusing.
>>
>>30707020
Jew/scam shit aside, because of the precautions GF added to online trading, it's easy to see how it can hurt those who have legit Pokemon to trade. I'm sure some players out there don't mind GF wanting to prevent all of the fucked up portraits/names/text & blatant hacked shit, on top of the cloning glitch from the last generation. It is its own topic, however.

>>30707038
Of course, just explaining how there's still ways that some try to get around being unable to input custom messages. Not sure how much it changes the gamble of getting something specific off the GTS though
>>
>>30707020
Thing is people fucking hate nicknamed pokemon
>>
Riolu -> avue for a day -> Lucario -> anything you want
>>
>>30700146
Genned at lv100 to prevent sniping.
Also, you wouldn't believe the amount of asses I have kicked in XY/ORAS Singles battlespot with Impostor Ditto.

> Set up spam/OP Mega sweep
> let current mon get fucked
> Send in Imposter Ditto with Choice Scarf
> Sweep them with their own mon
>>
>>30707328
I put up Beldums in Beast Balls to get what I want

I named them beldum so it will only reveal itself when the beldum evolves
>>
>>30705415
Trade with your friends.
>>
My pokemons just got Pokerus, does this makes them more atractive in GTS?
>>
>>30707498
That was fixed this gen, I tested it with Silvally. It'll just evolve normally.
>>
>>30707594
I'm not sure if it even shows up, I've not seen anything with it so far but hopefully someone else can confirm.
>>
>>30706278
The only way to get Carvanha right now is by getting Sharpedo, and Sharpedo is one of those rare, very low encounter late/post game fishing Pokemon so right now its very valuable to anyone trying to complete their Pokedex
>>
>>30707498
You gotta do stuff like name a pokemon a slightly mispelled version, like calling a Bulbasaur "Bulbasuar" or naming a Graveler "Geodude."
>>
Just traded a Garchomp for a Porygon-Z. Kids values are weird.
>>
>>30691793
Keep capturing Dittos and nicknaming them "6IV+Pokerus" and put them on GTS.

Finish my Pokedex in 2 days because of this.
>>
Ma nigga Happiny got me every single legendary, cosmogs, and typenulls
>>
How long do you usually wait for trades to happen? Seems like it takes a lot longer than XY gets did.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.