[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are things you liked about Gen VI? Besides the girls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: xyoras.png (228KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
xyoras.png
228KB, 704x396px
What are things you liked about Gen VI? Besides the girls (and boys) of course.
>>
The PSS
>>
>>30689759
I read that as
>The PISS
>>
I actually really liked a lot of the new designs in Gen VI.
>>
oh and secret bases (in ORAS)
>>
it brought the Main Series into full 3D.
without it, SM would have looked worse.
>>
Made IV breeding the easiest way yet, which got me to start breeding stuff for competitive. That alone got me way more playtime in XY than previous games in the series after playing bike simulator for hours and hours.
>>
>>30689778
nah. Festival Plaza is the PISS
>>
DexNav.

Srsly it was the BEST thing gf made that gen and they axed it.
>>
>>30689759
fpbp
>>
dexnav
>>
>>30689759
I guess it's true that you never really know what you've got until it's gone.
RIP
>>
>>30689722
The girls,Also SM sucks.
>>
>I liked the Kalos region itself a lot
>PSS
>made competitive feasible for the first time
>Mega Evolution
>Kalos probably has my favorite batch of new Pokemon
>DexNav
>Soaring
>Super Secret Bases
>updates to the main Hoenn story
>>
>>30689722
Fairy is my new favorite type, so I guess there's that.
>>
amie
>>
For being the first game with trainer customization it was actually pretty good. Much better than "what color tank top and shorts you like cuz?" (i haven't played as the grill yet waiting for bank to start my game over)

Few as there were, the newmons were actually well designed megas spoiler were still a mistake

I liked that they added a new type, fairy isn't that bad I like it.

Super training and amie were good features, worth the addition.

That's about the extent of it, everything else was either treading water or going backwards.
>>
>>30689722
Roller skates
Pss
Friend safari
Exp share
Customization
Most 3d models
>>
>PSS
>Streamlined breeding
>Horde battles
>DexNav

Gen VI did some good stuff and XY was fun but I just couldn't get into ORAS.
>>
>Hoodies
>One handed breeding
>Perms
Most of my gripes with Gen7 are style related.
>>
>>30689722
I actually really liked Kalos, its muted color schemes fit the European concept. Central Kalos was weak but Coastal and Mountain were really cool.
PSS was amazing, of course.
>>
>>30689722
Dexnav, Super training, Amie, Hordes, Mega Evolution, PSS, O-powers, introducing customization, both parents can give egg moves, soaring, and rollerskates.
>>
>>30689722
it was fun compared to gen vii
>>
File: trev3.png (1MB, 1773x1800px) Image search: [Google]
trev3.png
1MB, 1773x1800px
PSS
Dexnav
Mega Evolution
The jump to 3D in general (especially some of the new attack animations, things like Close Combat are just fun to use)
Amie (though I prefer Refresh)
Easier breeding
Customisation
Most of the ORAS redesigns and new characters were good
Some great new pokemon like Trevenant

There were a lot of good things in Gen VI; I just feel that in general it was a notch lower than both Gen V and Gen VII.
>>
>>30689722
Fairies
most of the new pokemon
Megas were not as big of a mistake as they seemed

Didn't save XY from being terrible games
>>
File: 1481240924541.png (1MB, 1260x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1481240924541.png
1MB, 1260x1070px
>>30689722
Unfortunately, I skipped out on ORAS so everything down below is specifically referring to XY:

> Mega Evolutions, especially Mega Charizard Y, Mega Scizor and Mega Lucario
> Trainer Customization
> Having an older protagonist
> Pokemon adventuring in 3D, although the models can use less washed out colours
> Excellent Regional Pokedex roster, it's got essentially all my favourite mons
> New Gen 6 mons were overall welcoming, which mons such as Chestnaught, Greninja, Aegislash, Tyrantrum and Yveltal among my favourites.
> Lumiose City: its clothing store, its restaurants, Looker's bureau -- it's an overall great city and I actually got the impression it was a massively large city.
> Kalos in general, despite how limited and barren it is, I still love how comfy it was to go through the region and I didn't expect to see it having both a snow landscape, a wasteland AND caves.
> Exp Share
> Super Training
> Friend Safari
> Destiny Knot for breeding purposes
> Has some of my favourite tracks in the series, including https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_k_WLW02L4
> The stronger impression you were confronting the villain boss to save the world, AZ's backstory and how your heroic deeds are celebrated. I know Gen 4 also dealt with saving the world, but XY made it feel somehow grander, and I feel it is because of the music and cutscenes they threw around.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.