[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going back and making a Romhack of X. Right now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1481155311359.jpg (298KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1481155311359.jpg
298KB, 1280x1810px
So I'm going back and making a Romhack of X.

Right now I'm working on the moves. I've changed a few types, mostly changing a few Nornal type moves, tweaking damage and accuracy, and increasing most status effect chances and such. But am at the point where I want to MAKE a few moves. I'm going to change a few moves that I personally never use or see used to reflect gen 7 moves, or "moves" that have been used in the anime and such that aren't really in game moves.

While I'm at it, figured I'd post here and see what sort of ideas you guys can come up with. This is your opportunity. If you could make a Pokemon move, what would it be? I'll take any REASONABLE ideas, no "500 attack power hits all targets causes every status plus boosts states" type shill. Post move name, type, power, pp, effects, and a short description of you want.

Also, post any changes you might make to pokes in general. I made Lopunny normal/ground, Serperior grass/dragon, Delphox to fire/ghost because it fits the whole witch theme better than fire/psychic, at least I think so..

Come on, guys. Ideas, comments, go!
>>
Nothing? Anons, come on.
>>
>>30684132
Make less Pokemon species appear in each area. There's a sort of oversaturation in XY.

Give Dedenne more than two Fairy moves, make Luvdisc evolve into Alomomola, make the Elemental Monkeys good. Give them new abilities or something, I don't know.

Heat Sink
Ice-type Special Power-Up Punch clone (40 BP)
"The user drains heat from the target in order to boost their own Special Attack."
>>
>>30684132
Stealth Rocks deals a static 1/8th of max hp damage, unless the foe is flying/levitating. Where they take 1/6th (the equivalent of 2 spike layers)

No more x4 bullshit. Still punishes spike immunity and promotes spikes over rocks.

I'll come up for moves later
>>
Ice stealth rocks desu
>>
>>30684132
If you want to give /vp/ what they've been asking for, make a few decent ice moves with no freeze chance and some physical electric moves.

You don't even have to invent them, just make some type-shifts like how everyone has a Psychic clone.

What kind of stuff can you do?

>>30684688
That's Charge Beam, but yeah.
>>
if it's a rom hack fix the fucking story before worrying about shit like that
>>
>>30684893
Eh, Charge Beam's a little different. This one is meant to be a consistently useful Ice-type move, and it always boosts Sp.Atk while Charge Beam has a chance.
>>30684910
Also this for sure. Make Lysandre have even the slightest veneer of subtlety.
>>
>>30684132
Zef is this you
>>
Some moves, and a few with suggestions for what should learn them.
>Salt Spray
Special Rock-type Assurance clone.
>Thunder Head
Electric-type Iron Head clone, learned by Electivire and Luxray.
>Stone Stab
85 power, 95% accuracy physical Rock-type move, makes contact, learned by Aerodactyl.
>Soul Eater
Ghost-type Giga Drain clone.
>Foul Flame
75 BP, 100% accuracy special Fire-type move, 20% chance of poisoning, learned by Houndoom.
>Paleo Power
Rock-type Blizzard clone, learned only by fossil Pokémon and Relicanth.
>Concentrate
Psychic-type status move, raises Sp. Attack and Accuracy by one stage each.
>>
>>30684858
Icecicles?

>>30684765
Not sure if I can make it do static damage, but, maybe I can take the Rock type element off?

>>30684688
I was actually considering going with the whole "make all current Pokemon obtainable" approach.. do people not like there being lots of different Pokemon per area?

What moves should Dedenne get? And what can I do to make the Monkeys better? Better stats, new moves, give them an added type?

I like the Heatsink move idea.

>>30684893
Yea. I was thinking of making a sort of ice based scald, like Freezer Burn, ice type damage, may leave a burn.

As for what kind of stuff I can do... Not too much. I am by no means proficient at this sort of stuff. I'm just using pk3ds. I'm literally just changing stock moves. I can't add any non existent stuff or change the story. Just simple tweaks, mostly.

>>30684997
No, who's Zef?
>>
>>30685100
Good ideas. I'll have to find some other moves to modify into some of those.
>>
>>30685108
>I was actually considering going with the whole "make all current Pokemon obtainable" approach.. do people not like there being lots of different Pokemon per area?
It's fine to have a lot, but XY has way too many. Definitely tone it down a bit from the vanilla game.
>>
Still trying to figure out what the Monkeys need or don't need.

Also, how does everyone feel about these changes

Goodra line is now Dragon/Water
Eelekteos line is now Electric/Water
Gothitelle line is Psychic/Dark (maybe even pure psychic)
Golduck line is now Water/Psychic
Rapidash line is now Fire/Fairy
Hypnosis like is now Psychic/Dark
Electrode line is Electric/Steel

Still making changes, but that what I've done so far.
>>
>>30684132
give shedinja a mega so good smogon would rank it higher than AG
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.