[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no post game Fuck, I really want to keep enjoying SM.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: 1480776019292.png (25KB, 449x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480776019292.png
25KB, 449x470px
>tfw no post game
Fuck, I really want to keep enjoying SM. I'm genuinely sad its over. I felt nothing for XY.
>>
File: 1480818181755.gif (401KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1480818181755.gif
401KB, 320x180px
honestly, after all the bullshit I've read about battle tree and battle royale, I'd rather just play through the game again
>>
>have to wait another 2 years to enjoy Pokémon again
>>
Isn't the UB mission thing as well as the rest of Poni island a good chunk of post game?
>>
>>30683139
One-and-done type of content like the UB quest isn't worth anything as postgame.
>>
>>30683168
then pokemon has never had post-game
>>
genuinely curious as to where this post-game meme came from

every single pokemon game since gen 3 has been "do these few side quests, do these battle facilities, then focus on multiplayer"

BW2 had a little more than usual and suddenly everyone expects it to the standard
>>
>>30683139
>actually catching the UBs
i'm going to wait for the meta to settle down so i can decide what nature/Hidden Power is the best for them
>>
>>30683255
>BW2 had a little more than usual and suddenly everyone expects it to the standard
Of course they do. New games should outshine old ones, in all aspects.

Game Freak is in the wrong for not living up to standards they've previously set, players are in the right for being disappointed at their failure to do so.
>>
>>30683332
>players
You say that like post-game obsession exists outside of /vp/.
>>
>>30683255
Much prefer Gen 3's format of going to the sevii islands and having seven new areas to explore. All with wonderful new pokemon not seen in kanto. Hell I could explore kanto and find random shit everywhere.

I honestly blame guides and how I've grown as a player. I end up searching for shit that I want and feel no reason to explore areas. Hence how I never explored the first island's beachs until endgame when I needed some TMs from them. Even then I just ran straight for the tms and said fuck the battles they're lv 20.
>>
>>30683402
>seven new areas to explore
it was pretty much just one area, the islands were so tiny they were the size of a single route each
>>
>>30683255
I don't get where this "B2W2 had the best postgame" comes from. Was it the Join Avenue? The PWT? Is that literally it? HGSS and even Emerald had better and longer postgame.
>>
>>30683255
muh battle frontier
>>
>>30683506
I don't even get the obsession over the PWT. It was 100% nostalgia wanking. Not even good nostalgia wanking like Anabel in Sun/Moon. The past characters you see were pretty much just standard throwaway pokemon trainers.
>>
>>30683506
Not just the PWT, the Black Tower/White Treehollow too.
>>
File: 1460175301927.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
1460175301927.png
139KB, 917x871px
>>30683534
>replay Emerald
>get to the battle frontier
>realize most of the facilities were shit

the pyramid and factory were good but that's about it
>>
The Battle Frontier is garbage, I don't understand why everyone wants it back.
>>
>>30683787
the BF is definitely overrated but I'd like to see another BF with different concepts

with updated game mechanics it'd be cool to see what facilities we get. I think the Battle Royal was definitely an old BF concept.
>>
File: Angry_Pepe.jpg (39KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Pepe.jpg
39KB, 900x900px
>TFW no kanto region.
>>
>>30683787
the only garbage i'm seeing here is your opinion
>>
>>30683548
Are you forgetting that it had EVERY gym leader from every previous region or something?
>>
>>30684042
Yeah but they weren't special. It's not like they had character. They were literally just throwaway NPC trainers that had 2 lines of dialgoue.

That's what I mean by it being cancerous nostalgia wanking. It had no substance. It was literally just "HEY REMEMBER THIS GUY? REMEMBER? HUH? REMEMBER HIM?"

At least Anabel had character development and relevance to the story.
>>
My favorite post-games were gen 2 and colluseum/gale of darkness

Battle tree and frontier is all right I guess but Mt. Battle will forever by my favorite challenge.
>>
>>30684093
>It had no substance. It was literally just "HEY REMEMBER THIS GUY? REMEMBER? HUH? REMEMBER HIM?"

funny that's what i thought when i saw all these character that appear out of nowhere like Colress, Red/Blue etc which had no more than 2 lines of dialogue and then fuck off to the battle tree
>>
Still better than XY's postgame of one new Pokemon to catch.
>>
>>30684169
Yeah me too. Not sure why you thought that was some epic comeback. Those are more examples of cancerous nostalgia wanking.
>>
should I play X/Y

Gen 4 was the first time I ever played Pokemon and I just really like contests.
>>
File: 1423685762408.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1423685762408.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>30684188
>Not sure why you thought that was some epic comeback
because i was talking about SM... you fucking idiot?
>>
>>30684188
I'm not >>30684169
You raise a fair point. When I think of nostalgia wanking I think of Gen 1 pandering which is why I didn't agree with your post at first.
>>
>expecting a lot of post-game in non-3rd version games

shiggy

wait for stars you autists
>>
>>30684236
They were comparing Anabel with character development compared to the throwaway nostalgia fanservice in the PWT. Colress and Red/Blue are irrelevant.

Unless of course you can come up with a character in the PWT with as much development as Anabel.
>>
>>30683207
Battle Frontier says hi
>>
>>30684327
>instead of being one-and-done it's just doing it over and over to grind for BP

wow bravo clap clap
>>
>>30684306
>with as much development as Anabel
Anabel still has barely any personality/character development though, all they did is take a random character and throw it into the plot mix, they could've replaced her with any other character and the result would be the same, mostly because the dialogues are just generic exposition about parallel universes

But i don't find any of this stuff bad to be honest, it's pokemon i don't expect the characters to be some kind of oscar nominating shit, even with those two lines given in the various facilities manage to express their charisma and give me a smile
>>
>>30683139
Not him but the UB quest is really boring.

>go to a motel
>"we located X UBs there, go catch them"
>go into area you visited before, catch them
>go back, plot exposition
>move to next area

Only UB who seemed to have slightly more stuff was 05 down to an area you never visited before. Even Necrozma, the super last mysterious legendary, is found in a common area where Giratina had at least the decency to be hidden in a specific spot.
>>
Just buy a Switch and Stars next year like a good goy.
>>
>>30683207
Pokemon Emerald has been the only Pokemon game to have a postgame and ever since then people have been pining for it.
>>
>>30685044
Platinum had a sizable and enjoyable post game.
>>
>>30682946
It's all confirmation bias. There's nothing different about the battle tree from the maison/tower/frontier and so on. Just ev train a tapu koko, mimikyu and a third poke and you'll just sweep the tree
>>
>>30685141
Ev train them in what?
>>
>>30685044
Sevii islands
>>
>>30685163
What do you think?
252 atk/252 spe for mimikyu and 252 sp atk / 252 spe for koko
>>
>>30685163
The SOS battles. Throw an adrenaline ball and OHKO through everything. You can also level up Poke Pelago or Festival Plaza for items.
>>
File: 1481366547275.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1481366547275.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>30685044
>Boring gimmick battles
HG/SS and Platinum had great postgame. Pokeathlon remains the best minigame in the series.
>>
>>30682866

I don't even really care about the fucking after-story with UBs. The second Lillie left the island I kind of stopped giving a shit. Might as well just download the other version and re-play the story again.
>>
>>30682946
Royale, imo, is fun. I've had a good time farming BP there. With Mimikyu/Araquanid, Celestela, Pheromosa, or a Tapu you can easily kill steal and get easy victories.

Fuck battle tree tho.
>>
>you now realize that the same shitters that complain about no postgame also inject their pokemon and don't care about filling the dex
>>
File: sadseal.jpg (61KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
sadseal.jpg
61KB, 500x335px
>>30685312
>Lillie at the start of the game
>"Wow you really did learning nothing from XY did you GF? Another shitty "friend" to follow me around and do fucking nothing relevant"
>Lillie at the end of the game
>"Please oh god, don't leave me you said we would adventure together"
I guess I finally fell for the waifubait
>>
So question: what IS people's obsession with post-game content? Like, what, because you can visit islands or have a small side-story after the E4, that's different than if it was before? Pokémon hunting and battle facilities are the only postgame stuff that you should be caring about.
>>
>>30685735
>Royale
That's not how you spell 'royal'.
>>
>>30683255
No one cares about the post-game plot, but it is nice to have trainers you can repeatedly battle to level up new pokemon. Fighting randoms in the Poni Plains is a nightmarish crawl.
>>
File: BGfy9E5yyd2.jpg.jpg (222KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
BGfy9E5yyd2.jpg.jpg
222KB, 640x640px
Why doesn't Nintendo make longer, more elaborate games instead of pumping out exclusive-feature-of-the-gen shorter ones every so often? Genuinely stupid and curious.
>>
>>30686396
How else are they supposed to hype up the next game?
>>
>>30686396
Nintendo doesn't make Pokemon.
If you mean Gamefreak it's because they're a mediocre developer.
>>
>>30683273
fug that's actually pretty smart
>>
>>30686567
Well sure but I just figured they would plan out when new games will be released or go into production, unless I'm wrong. I'm completely ignorant to these types of things.
>>
>>30683506
Pokestar Studios for me! Black Tower was fun too.
>>
>>30682866
>no post game

Nice meme. SM has the third best post game in the franchise.
>>
>>30683506
New areas and towns open up. New events and NPCs to talk to. Old areas have more to explore. Daily rematches with important characters.

Even if you write off PWT for whatever reason, there was still a ton of stuff to do in the post-game beyond "catch legendaries". And if "catch legendaries" is your idea of a post game it had plenty of that too.
>>
but BW2 having a good post-game should be a given since it's sequel set in a region we had already seen
>>
>>30683168
>content that is inaccessible until you beat the game isn't postgame
>>
>>30687844
You should use those dubs of yours to purchase reading lessons.
>>
>>30683548
PWT was nostalgia done right atleast. How the hell can you honestly complain about battling every past Gym leader and Champion up to the current characters in those epic tourney style matchups? Not only that but it gave a nod to all Gens, unlike SM's Kanto nostalgia wank.
>>
>>30685987

People used to be able to sink 200-300 hours into a Pokemon game, easy. Now you burn through 100% of the content, fill the entire Pokedex, and witness the meta totally stagnate in under 90 hours.
>>
>no post game
>what is completing your pokedex
>what is battle tree
>what is battle royale
>what is catching all UBs
>what is post-game rematches like Nanu
>what is Zygarde
>what is breeding new competitive pokemon

kys there's twice as game left
>>
Whether it's the majority or minority opinion, I find it pretty fucking sad that there are fans in this franchise that actually DISLIKE more additional content and would even DEFEND the exclusions. I mean nothing's perfect, gimmicky or not atleast stuff like the BF and PWT added more meat to the game. I'd atleast take those over equally gimmicky but more boring and uninviting smaller content.
>>
>>30685141
>battle tree
>not inferior to the frontier
kys
>>
>>30688472
Catching the UBs takes like 20min
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.