[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which ones are the worst fossils and why are they Rampardos and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 200px-Artwork411.png (82KB, 436x217px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Artwork411.png
82KB, 436x217px
Which ones are the worst fossils and why are they Rampardos and Bastiodon?

It's astounding how they're complete trash both from an aestethic point of view and a competitive point of view.
>>
I think they are both very cool looking, and ramprados hits like a train with choice scarf head smash- so its kinda nifty
>>
Carracosta and Archeops are worse.
>>
>>30681318
It's astounding to me how Rampardos of all things doesn't get rock head, or Bastiodon solid rock.
>>
>>30681318
It's astounding how much of a cock thirsty homosexual you're OP, both from an aestethic and competitive point of view
>>
I honestly think they look great, it's just such a shame they are so bad competitively.

Seriously though:
>create fossil based on head ramming
>slow as fuck even though that doesn't make much sense but whatever
>give it almost signature head ramming move that has recoil
>introduce ability that prevents recoil literally named "rock head"
>give it to everything except fossil based on head ramming

>two gens later
>create fossil based on biting
>give it signature biting ability
>no signature biting moves tho
>give that fossil the rock head ability and the head smashing move
>completely rob rampardos of the niche it should've gotten
I mean goddamn I love Tyrantrum but Rampardos should've gotten that.
>>
File: archeops.png (112KB, 371x590px) Image search: [Google]
archeops.png
112KB, 371x590px
>>30681392
Take that the fuck back you piece of shit
>>
>>30681427
>Bastiodon solid rock
This too.
>>
>>30681318
I like Bastiodon

Rampardos is kinda meh
>>
>>30681318
>highest attack of a non mega pokemon
>Toxapex tier defences

how did it go so wrong?
>>
>>30681489
No I won't, Archeops is an ugly and worthless half-bird.
>>
I never thought of that and I love Rampardos but I have to agree. Fossilmons are pretty great in general even though I almost never use them
>>
>>30681318
Bastiodon is not that bad in-game, and I actually really like his design
In my sun playthrough he was MVP and last man standing against kukui
He tanks literally every physical attack that's not supereffective
Sturdy helps and quick claws are handy

Sure maybe they're not competitive viable, but are you dating GF should only make 40 pokes to let them all be the OUs of the month?
>>
>>30681392
Gen 1 fossils are the worst if you don't count Aerodactyl desu. And even including Aerodactyl only puts it above 5.
>>
>>30681565
>Gen 1 fossils are the worst if you don't count Aerodactyl desu.
You take that fucking back.
>>
>>30681565

Nah, Kabutops was half the reason Swift Swim + Drizzle was banned in Gen V ou
>>
>>30681318
Rampardos is pretty cool looking. I think gen 3's are the worst, I can barely remember either of them.
>>
>>30681565
Omastar is awesome. I swear /vp/ has the worst fucking taste in the world.
>>
>>30681660
I like Cradildo. Armaldo is fucking stupid tho. Anorith had a lot of potential and that Barney looking motherfucker ruined it.
>>
>>30681318
You know what I just realized? Grass/Rock is a fantastic defensive type combo.

We need more Cradily equivalents, but better than Cradily.
>>
>>30681726
Rock/Fire is a great offensive combo too. And literally perfect for the sun, suits up perfectly with Grass types wanting to use Chlorophyll.

Types don't mean shit anon. It's the moves and abilities that make the Pokemon.
>>
>>30681684
No, just that guy
>>
>>30681511
I love both, using them in NU is cool, but they have a lot of problems my man.

Bastiodon has no reliable recovery, shit 4x weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, and his bad HP fucks his god-tier defenses.

As for Rampardos, SLOW, even with scarf, and, even if he had 200 base speed, he dies to very common shit like Mach Punch, Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet.
>>
>>30681318
I understand why people like Tyrantrum and Aurorus, but I hated Gen VI in general and these guys are my choice for worst fossils. They look fine, but I just don't like them.
>>30681392
These 2 are great
>>30681565
And these 2 are great too
Even Rampardos and Bastion are great
>>
>>30681392
Good designs, though. Shell Smash and Sturdy works well for Carracosta.
>>
>>30681788
I know

that's why I said better than Cradily
>>
>>30681464
>Tyrantrum is a better Head Smasher than Rampardos
When will cranifags ever learn?
>>
>>30681318
100% True.

>>30681392
Carracosta is the ballinest nigga. Bite your tongue.
>>
>>30681949
Carracosta doesn't even have anything remotely fossil or rock like about it. It's just an edgy sea turtle.
>>
File: 1024px-Archelon_skeleton.jpg (153KB, 1024x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Archelon_skeleton.jpg
153KB, 1024x1083px
>>30681999
Okay then.
>>
>>30681726
sandstorm cradily is the glue of my mono rock team, especially because of storm drain
a lot of people think fossil mons suck without realizing that it's mainly because rock has more weaknesses than ice, meaning even defensively based fossils get trashed very easily
>>
>>30682039
>muh obscure fossil no one cares about
Carracosta doesn't even have anything remotely particular of Archelon. It's literally just another sea turtle that's trying to pass as a fossil for no reason.
>>
>>30681660
This.
Even after >>30681702 named them I still couldn't tell you their typing or really anything other than ones' only set is ingraining and stockpiling and dying toxic and that they other got access to rapid spin because nobody knows why.

>>30681726
Weak to fighting, steel, bug AND ICE!
resists electric, normal, rock.

I dunno anon, it seems pretty shit to me.
>>
>>30682136
Yeah, if Carracosta was more than 4 feet tall, he'd be more forgivable
>>
>>30682136
Omastar is just a squid in a shell and Cradily is just a big ass flower, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>30681318
These are my favorite fossil designs aesthetically. I still don't understand how they so miraculously fucked up in every single way in terms of competitive viability.
>>
>>30682193
There' no such thing as a squid in a shell.
There is a thing, however, called the ammonyte, which Omastar is based off.
Cradily isn't even a flower but I like how you tried.
>>
>>30682193
Ammonite and crionid, two very famous and significant kinds of fossils
>>
>>30681874
>Tyrantrum is a better Head Smasher than Rampardos
>Rampardos has higher Attack than Tyrantrum.
What's the deal with these weird choices?
>>
>>30681318
Rampardos is very mean
>>
>>30682039
That's a big turtel
>>
Archen is CUTE!
>>
>>30681874
Rampardos doesn't even need Head Miss. It just fucking needs better stats. Perhaps Accelrock too.
>>
>>30681318
>252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 315-372 (77.9 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
We're all Soldiers now.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.