[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when owning an event Pokémon actually meant something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: mew_nintendo_power_contest.jpg (1MB, 1600x2142px) Image search: [Google]
mew_nintendo_power_contest.jpg
1MB, 1600x2142px
Remember when owning an event Pokémon actually meant something? Why are post-gen 3 """"""""events"""""""" such shit?
>>
>>30679198
Because PKhex.
>>
>>30679198
Why the fuck people uses so many "" lately?
>>
>>30679235
The internet was a mistake.
>>
>>30679258
It signifies extreme dubiousness as to the fidelity to its original meaning of the term being used. The more quotation marks used, the more the correctness of the term's usage is in doubt.
>>
>>30679258
I think it's the new (((Kike))) denoter
Haven't been on /pol/ in a while, so I'm not positive
>>
You had to actually go to events for the older games since it was harder to distribute things, now that events can be distributed online or by simply going to a store and asking for a code almost anybody can receive these event Pokemon.
Also what >>30679235 said, it's easy to just use an Action Replay, Powersaves, PKHeX, etc. to just hack event only things in.
>>
>>30679235
>>30679388
Hacking was always a thing. We all used GameSharks and ARs to get our mythicals during every generation. It's actually harder to do it these days, but we're so used to using current hacking methods, we forget how much effort it takes to hack if you aren't already doing so
>>
>>30679532
How is it any harder today than it was back then to successfully spoof an event mon? I had a gameshark back then but if I had wanted to hack a "legit" Six Flags Celebi or Toys R Us Mew into my game I wouldn't have known where to get its info.

Nowadays you get OT, movesets, abilities and everything about an event Pokémon you could need to hack a "legit" version into your game posted online within hours. That kind of knowledge just didn't exist back then. Now any idiot can look these things up and inject with PKhex, or if they're extra brainless just get Powersaves to do the entire thing for you.
>>
>>30679198
I just want in game events for mythical and legendary pokemon back...
>>
>>30679787
Because unscrewing the back of a New 3DS is kinda hard.
>>
>>30682370
If you're already 'cheating' for events, you probably have an ftp app on the 3ds to transfer files to it.
>>
>>30679198
I just want to be able to battle the event Pokémon again rather than just getting it in a handout.
>>
>>30679198
Post gen 4, get it right.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.