[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most underwhelming gen in terms of changing the metagame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1453141495468.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1453141495468.png
202KB, 365x363px
Is this the most underwhelming gen in terms of changing the metagame?

>only 51 new moves, 31 of which are exclusive to one pokemon, and the rest are only learned by a select few
>most new pokemon are pretty average, with the exception of the legendaries/UBs
>Most Z-Moves aren't being used because an item is almost always better
>>
you also have to consider that it heavily rework older pokemon and a good amount of the new ones actually feel unique rather than shit like the monkey trio in gen 5
also Z-moves are more useful if you're using them to support like Darkinium Z Memento etc.
>>
Tapus invalidate anything you can say about meta.
>>
>>30672863
Are Tapus that dominating? I avoid using legendaries in my teams because reasons and was wondering if its possible to make a ~good~ team in S/M using regular pokemon.
>>
>>30673064
The Tapus are like a cross between gen 5's weather setters and the genies.
>>
>>30672748
you forgot
>Every single new Pokemon has 5 base speed
>>
>>30672748
Abilities though
>>
>>30672748
>>Most Z-Moves aren't being used because an item is almost always better
That doesn't mean Z-moves aren't going to have an effect. Power Herb Heatran is now directly outclassed by Bloom Doom Solar Beam Heatran, and Serperior is going to love the sheer power of Breakneck Blitz Hyper Beam for coverage even if it is only one shot. Anything that really only needs one thing on the opponent's team deleted before it can wreak havoc on the rest is going to have a use for a Z-move on at least one of its sets.

There's also Z-Rain Dance Manaphy, Z-Conversion Porygon-Z, and Z-Parting Shot anything with Parting Shot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.