[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain why people consider guys like Green/Blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: 100px-Black_White_Cheren.png (32KB, 100x310px) Image search: [Google]
100px-Black_White_Cheren.png
32KB, 100x310px
Can someone please explain why people consider guys like Green/Blue or Silver good rivals but are quick to call Cheren an edge lord? One of Silver's lines is something along the lines of "How dare she want to heal sick pokemon. Boo hoo! All weak pokemon should just be let go". Yet not a single person ever points out how sharp his edge is.

I still like him as a rival, but the double standard people have is just retarded.
>>
Because, contrarians have to find out little things to complain about despite there being plenty of legit criticisms for Gen 5
>>
>>30671651
Because Silver and someone like Gladion actually have a good reason to be edgy. Cheren is just an autist.
>>
>>30671694
Cheren isn't edgy. He just wants to be stronger, which is what almost every person on here wants.
>>
>>30671694
I'm pretty sure Silver didn't have a good one in gen 2
>>
>>30671651
>Cheren an edge lord
Literally the first time I've heard that.

>Green/Blue
>Edgy
You must be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>30671743
Wasn't he just some random kid who hated you?
>>
>>30671743
And no one really defended him back then.
>>
>>30671809
>first time I've heard that

you must be new, then

but maybe edgy was the wrong word for Green.
>>
>>30671835
no one defended him because no one attacked him for it
>>
>>30671809
Cheren is considered edgy while Green isn't, when the latter has more traits to qualify. That's the point.
>>
>>30671810
Yeah, at least later on he got the excuse of being the son of a leader of a shit organisation
>>
>>30671863
No one in their right mind would call Cheren edgy.

>>30671923
Neither are considered "edgy". And name one edgy trait of Blue.
>>
guys
shut the fuck up
>>
>BW
>think that red stripe is actually a tie

>BW2
>think his tie is actually two ties

Lol
>>
>>30671978
one is a douche who constantly pretends he's better than you and the other is a friend who wants to be stronger than you.

The former isn't really that edgy, but could be considered edgy more so than the latter. However, Green isn't ever called edgy, while Cheren is. And I don't understand how you've never seen how you've never heard Cheren being called edgy when that's literally one of his main criticisms whenever anyone talks about the B/W rivals.
>>
>>30671651
Not trying to shit on my man Cheren, but how can a tough nerd like him be an edgelord? Pls go
>>
>>30672074
Yes, the Champion of the region "pretending" to be strong is edgy. Are you going to claim Usopp is edgy too?
He's not even a douche. He's just confident. That's it. There's a huge difference between being confident and being edgy.

As for Cheren, no, the main criticism is that he's annoying. That he stops you every 10 seconds. Actually, Cheren doesn't even get that as much as Bianca. While Cheren does spout some things that can be taken as edgy, people either skip that dialog, or they've read enough to know that he's just confused. This is the first time I've seen Cheren be criticized for being edgy. If you hear that often, you need to stop hanging out with 13 year olds.
>>
>>30671889
No one cared. He was edgy, and everyone knew that. What was there to attack about?
>>
>>30671651
Sorry but what cocksucker on earth actually considers 'Cheren' to be EDGY
>>
Who the actual fuck has ever called Green or Cheren edgy? Are the same people who consider any mildly insulting comment "edgy" too?
>>
>>30672275
>"champion of the region"
Except he was exactly the same even before he became champ, called you weak after you beat him numerous times, and put himself on a pedestal while trying to put you down. No, he's definitely a haughty douche.

And I've heard the criticisms on here you condescending prick.
>>
>>30672475
you, see >>30671694
>>
>>30672007
...it wasn't a tie? i need...a minute for this one
>>
>>30672614
He's not even an autismo, he just wants to be a great trainer.
>>
>>30672074
>I don't understand how you've never seen how you've never heard Cheren being called edgy when that's literally one of his main criticisms whenever anyone talks about the B/W rivals.

Probably because no one ever says that. There are plenty of valid criticisms of BW they can use instead.
>>
>>30672662
yes. they have. multiple times.

quit trying to derail this thread into a gen war like a faggot
>>
>>30672712
>yes. they have. multiple times.
Sure. Give us some examples, because right now its pretty clear you're the only one who thinks this

>quit trying to derail this thread into a gen war like a faggot

lol

Gen V is my favourite Gen and BW are some of my favourite games, but its possible to like something and realise it has flaws you dumb fuck

Now either back up your points or stop posting
>>
>>30672597
>Except he was exactly the same even before he became champ
Yes, he's confident. Not overconfident, as he does turn out to be the strongest in the region, barring Red. Bragging isn't being edgy.

>called you weak after you beat him numerous times, and put himself on a pedestal while trying to put you down.

He never, ever calls you weak. He always thinks he's stronger one, but never undermines your strength. The most disrespectful thing he ever says to you is:
>I've got a lot to accomplish, unlike you!

And that's because you're wasting your time in the Pokemon Tower, actually accomplishing nothing, from his perspective. So even that is understandable.

It's like you didn't even play the games. You just watched the anime, saw how big of a douche Gary was, and started thinking Blue is the same.
>>
>>30671651
I don't consider Cheren a particularly good rival but I would never call him edgy. Nor do I really see other anons call him that either.

I see people calling Silver an edgelord far more frequently.
>>
>>30672824
>give us some examples
on an anonymous image board, you want me to search through multiple rival threads--where in some cases he might be barely mentioned--to find examples. Are you retarded? But if you really want proof, scroll up to the top of the thread where someone says that Gladion had a good reason to be edgy, while Cheren didn't. Which implies that they believe Cheren is edgy.

>Gen V is my favourite Gen and BW are some of my favourite games, but its possible to like something and realise it has flaws you dumb fuck

You must actually be brain dead if you can't see how saying "they have plenty of other valid criticisms" in a thread that has nothing to do with discussing the games themselves can be considered trying to start a gen war. That's less me not understanding that you can like something while knowing its flaws and more you being oblivious as to what your words imply.
>>
>>30671651
not edgy, just bad character design
>>
>>30673021
>The one bit of proof you have of someone calling Cheren edgy is in a thread accusing people of calling him edgy.
For all we know, he was fucking you. Even if he isn't, he's still a fucking idiot who accused Cheren of being autistic and thus doesn't know what he's talking about you mong.
>>
>>30673021
And the first reply to that anon, 2 minutes later, was arguing that Cheren isn't edgy. If one underage thinks Cheren is edgy, while literally everyone else in the thread disagrees, it means nothing.
>>
Cheren gets obsessed with becoming the strongest fairly quickly. Keep in mind that the BW cast was a little bit older than average, so he might be trying to make up for lost time.

He snaps out of it after you beat him on victory road, and takes some time to think about everything.
He's chilled out a bunch by BW2. Still hard on people.
>>
>>30672936
>always considers himself better than you even after never beating you
>not overconfident
also, no, he's definitely still being a douche from that quote. even if you were wasting time from his perspective, that would make him a hypocrite because he "wasted time" on the ship prior to that point.
also this quote:
>"What? You stinker!" I took it easy on you too!"
Have YOU played any of the games?
>>
Remember all those times Green/Blue waited until your Pokemon were weak before battling you, or went out of his way to make your life miserable?

Me neither.
>>
>>30673174
Gee, it's almost like he's 10.
>>
>>30673109
that's because I was the one who disagreed with him
>>
>>30673205
it's almost as if people can be considered douchebags regardless of age.
>>
File: 170px-Black_2_White_2_Bianca.png (56KB, 170x371px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Black_2_White_2_Bianca.png
56KB, 170x371px
people care about cheren? Bianca is the real rival
>>
>>30673174
>>always considers himself better than you even after never beating you
>>not overconfident
Yes, not overconfident. He only ever loses to you, as far as we know. There's no reason for to not think he's stronger than you, despite losing to you.

>that would make him a hypocrite because he "wasted time" on the ship prior to that point.
Getting Cut is now wasting time?

>>"What? You stinker!" I took it easy on you too!"
Wow, such a douche! He lost and called you a stinker! Which he immediately follows by:
>How's your Pokédex coming, pal?
I mean, what a rude kid!
>>
>>30673297
Actually, I take that back. I looked on Bulbapedo to confirm, but he only acts superior to you before the battles. He isn't even being overconfident.
>>
>>30673257
As soon as I saw his glasses on her, I knew they fucked. Fuck off Bianca.
>>
>>30673297
Did he even go there to get cut? The captain was way too sick to even give it to him, so the argument that he was there specifically to get the HM is completely invalid.

>there's no reason for him to not think he's stronger than you even after you he loses to you

besides the fact that he never wins against you??? what are you typing?

>he only acts superior before battles
"What!? I was just careless, you!"<-being defeated, he still thinks he's better than you, just that he was briefly being careless.

aaaanywho, i've had enough debate for one day. i can at least see that not too many people consider Cheren edgy, if anything.
>>
>>30673021
Yes, I would expect some evidence in a thread where multiple people are telling you "no one does that" and you're screaming that yes they do. Because right now all we have is your babble. What was the point of this thread even?
>>
File: 1477192337371.png (50KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1477192337371.png
50KB, 520x520px
Is this actually a thread where people are claiming Blue is a douche, Cheren is called edgy, and people DON'T call Silver edgy?
Is this a new low for /vp/?
>>
No one calls Cheren an edgelord, he's just a nerd
>>
>>30673488
>"What!? I was just careless, you!"<
Wow, what a douchebag.
>>
>>30673517
>screaming yes they do
>implying i wasn't insulting people for being asshats
>implying i was only doing it because they disagreed with me

nice argument. look at the post above yours.
>>
>>30673572
i know, right?
>>
>>30673297
Keep in mind also that early 90's localization of Japanese Dialogue could've skewed Blue/Green's dialogue with the player.

Stinker seems like something a dudebro at GF America/ the localization offices added, so it could be that Blue/Green/Gary is actually meaner/nicer than what you knew him as.

I was annoyed by the rival as a kid, because he picked a pokemon with an opposing type and managed to get to places before me but in retrospect admired him for becoming the champion too. When GSC and later HGSS came out, Blue/Green has matured into the last Gym Leader.
>>
>>30673297
>how's your pokedex coming, pal?
you do realize that he was only saying that to segway into bragging about his progress, right?
>>
>>30671651
Sheren is my favorist Character in the entire franchise, when I played B/W I almost feel he was a real person.
His motivations have sense, and is a really good guy.
>>
>>30673579
>implying i was only doing it because they disagreed with me

no need to imply, its already pretty obvious
>>
>>30673488
>besides the fact that he never wins against you???

Each battle takes place after a long time. He has plenty of reasons to believe he's gotten stronger than you.

>The captain was way too sick to even give it to him, so the argument that he was there specifically to get the HM is completely invalid

Blue gets Cut.
> "I heard there was a Cut master on board. But he was just a seasick old man! Cut itself is really useful! Yup, it'll be handy. You should go see him, too.

>"What!? I was just careless, you!"
He really is a douche, isn't he?

>>30673638
Not really.
He just complains he couldn't find a Marowak, so he caught a Cubone instead.
>>
>>30672936
>Not overconfident
I'd say calling the one guy who continues to wipe you out time after time no matter what overconfidence but if you disagree I guess my sensibilities are all way off
>>
Blue/Green and Silver aren't really douches or edgy there just really immature kids. Have you guys never seen kids do this stuff, hell if anything Blue/Green is a way more toned down version of some of the shit I've seen when it comes to kids.
And Cheren just wants to win and be strong, the closest thing he is, is an athlete who views themselves as needing to win to be seen as great.

None are edgy, vp doesn't have a clue what the word means.
>>
>>30673834
>Silver isn't edgy or a douche

>Literally shoves you for no reason
>"What a waste. That's a Pokémon that's too good for a wimp like you"

>"… …Humph! He calls himself the Elder, but he was no match for me. Sure enough, those who lecture how you should be "nice" to Pokémon… They cannot defeat me.
>All I care about are strong Pokémon that win every time. The rest of them don't mean anything to me."

>"……………… ……Oh, it's you. You must be here to catch the legendary Pokémon to make yourself look strong. That is only a dream.
>You see, the legendary Pokémon suits a Trainer like me who has sworn to become the strongest Trainer. A battle with Team Rocket Grunts is just right for you!"

I mean, he's a good character, and gets nicer later, but come on.
>>
>>30674005
He's a kid anon. Have you never seen a kid do this?
>>
>>30673561
But a hot nerd, nerd is clemont
>>
>>30674041
being young doesn't mean he's exempt from being called a douche

geez
>>
>>30671651
I don't call him an edgelord. Just a wack ass Uryu Ishida. I miss when Rivals had some sort of tension towards you. A little hostility. Now we're stuck with "Childhood friends are the best rivals!" or whatever the fuck Hau is. God I hate Hau.
>>
>>30673694
you're honestly a man child if you genuinely believe this
>>
>>30674173
Hau is cool, though. I like him
>>
>>30671651
I always saw him as an over-archiever nerd. In real life he probably that guy in your class who already finished all textbooks and got buttmad when they got 99/100. I don't think anyone ever saw him as edgy.
>>
>>30674219
i've heard him being called edgy, but i can admit that the viewpoint wasn't nearly as prevalent as i thought it was.
>>
>>30673792
Losing to just one person doesn't mean he shouldn't be confident. He almost always admits you're stronger than him. The only exception to this are the first two battles, because they're, well, first two battles of the game.
>>
>>30674200
His personality type just doesn't mesh well with mines is all. If I lost, I'd be angry with myself, but I'd feel a little angry towards him. But when you whoop him he's all "HERP DERP! I LOST BUT I SUUUUUURE HAD FUN LOLXD!!!!1!11". It just annoys me
>>
>>30675177
While I still liked Hau, I know what you mean. There was definitely some wasted potential with him. I thought Gladion calling him out early on about using "Haha that was fun" as an excuse to not give his all and the whole thing with his grandfather was going to go somewhere, but nope. Masaladas.
>>
>>30675282
His design is bleh also. Besides, we already had the firery type in Diamond and Pearl. maybe male him like Blue but just a little more surly, and ambitious
>>
>>30673297
>>>always considers himself better than you even after never beating you
>>>not overconfident
>Yes, not overconfident. He only ever loses to you, as far as we know. There's no reason for to not think he's stronger than you, despite losing to you.

Hahahaha. Just stop typing. You sound like a fool.
>>
>>30675667
>Becomes the Champion
>>>>>>>Overconfident
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.