[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people are criticizing sun/moon's post game It might

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: oras postgame.gif (3MB, 490x330px) Image search: [Google]
oras postgame.gif
3MB, 490x330px
>people are criticizing sun/moon's post game

It might not be the best in the series, but is it not the best post game of all of the first versions?
>>
>>30662238
Post game is a meme. No matter how much content is present before the credits roll, people will complain about whether or not there's any AFTER them.
>>
>>30662238
that would be D/P desu
i don't remember B/W's very well but i can't imagine that it's worse
>>
for a first game of a gen it's fine

can't wait for all the apologists to make up excuses for Stars having just as little post game though.
>>
>>30662238
There is no post game.

>UB Quest.
>Battle Tree and Royale.

Just end me.
>>
>>30662276
S/M's campaign is not any longer than any other game's. I finished it in 21 hours, which is average for a leisurely stroll through the game. Obviously if you do shit like bum-rush the game or attempt to finish the pokedex your times will vary, but I'd say that it's arguably shorter since there is very little actual exploration since all the overworld areas are so simple to navigate, and because all the cutscenes pad the length
>>
>>30662238
No, if you're strictly talking about first versions then both GS and DP have it beat.

>>30662330
Battle Tree and Royale are postgame, albeit low quality.
>>
File: 0c2.gif (459KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
0c2.gif
459KB, 320x180px
>By far the best main game in the series
>okay post-game
Makes you wonder where people's priorities are.
>>
>>30662238
First versions, it's second-place imo.
Black White gave you a good-lengthed journey before beating N & Ghetsis, then got.... admittedly, more around a third or a fourth of the region (given "simpler" routes, less dungeons, and little story). The hide & seek with all 7 sages, the sunken temple, Giant Chasm, hunting your Genie. Cynthia's Villa. Black City/White Forest probably being the best non-frontier facilities besides maybe PWT. And lastly, the proper claiming of the E4 and getting your time to actually fight Adler.
Kanto basically had 1 cave.
Johto... Kanto was really the latter 38%, with Mt. Silver & Red as the Last 2%.
Hoenn had Fug, maybe the routes down to the Regis and their BS, and your roaming Lati@s.
D/P had the shit island.
Kalos had Looker Quest (which as shit), hunt a bird, mewtwo, Zygarde, and the 2 facilities in your one post-game town.
>>
postgame wise

GS if you count Kanto as postgame > DP > BW1 > SM = XY > RS > RB > GS if you don't count Kanto as postgame
>>
>>30662452
>by far the best main game in the series

I seriously hope people don't think this, it reminds me of the people who said the same about XY in its own honeymoon phase
>>
File: 1477879868662.jpg (408KB, 1090x653px) Image search: [Google]
1477879868662.jpg
408KB, 1090x653px
>>30662602
Go ahead, tell which main series Pokemon game had a better main quest that actually meant something for all your efforts?

I'll wait, and be sure to be specific and explain in detail.
>>
>>30662681
pretty much any of them but RB and XY because they had actually fun regions to explore with memorable locations and you weren't constantly being bothered by a bland bitch and her family drama when you just wanna be the very best like no one ever was
>>
Complete the passport you fags.
>>
>>30662681
>>30662774
oh, and BW1 was pretty bad too
>>
File: 1480989727284.jpg (318KB, 1113x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480989727284.jpg
318KB, 1113x1200px
>>30662774
(You)
>>
>>30662774
because the story involves them? the family being involved is one of the reasons for your journey besides beating the island challenge. It's been a staple of the main game series for the PC to stick their noses into these kind of situations.

have a (You) tho.
>>
>>30662823
>BW1 had best main story
>'pretty bad too'
>>
>>30662777
Not any different from getting a Gold card in the past games. Just has the Poke Finder instead of the like of Contests, Pokethlon, Musicals, and PokeStar. Only really above XY there. Or DPPt and BW1 since DPPt Contests and Musicals were pure trash.

>>30662838
>implying I'm fishing for (you)s

Alola is probably the worst region in the series thus far. Everything feels like either a cramped corridor or a small, empty field, and there aren't many memorable landmarks. Game Freak doesn't know how to design off a grid yet, and the 3DS hardware is clearly holding them back. Hopefully they get their shit together on the Switch.

>>30662962
The mediocre excuse for a "story" shouldn't be a thing in the first place. In a spin-off that happens to use mainline mechanics? Sure. Mainline itself? Keep that shit as barebones as possible. There's a reason the original Red and Blue, as glitchy and unpolished as they are, made such a splash, and it certainly wasn't the progressively more and more forced stories the games have had over the years.
>>
>>30663207
>There's a reason the original Red and Blue, as glitchy and unpolished as they are, made such a splash.

Because there wasn't anything like it before, fucking retard. The only other thing that came close was fucking Tomagotchi back in those days when I was a kid.
>>
>>30662238
No
>>
>>30663398
Seconding this. There were other monster games around the same time and before but none with the depth that POkemon had. The idea of trading across versions was marketing genius and the rumor of hidden pokemon Mew and Mewto make people go nuts. It was the right time in the right market with good marketing.
>>
>>30663004
>no postgame
>a fucking circle
>horrid selection of Pokemon
>retarded plot
>edgy
>not bad

Kek, stay mad, cuck.
>>
>>30662681
I dunno, I kind of felt like a side character to some boring and predictable family drama for a good part of the game.
I prefer being the hero. I like chasing down the leader of Rocket or Galactic and riding to space on dragons to have retarded space battles because I'm awesome. Not saving some chick's crazy mom because... I dunno? Why not just let her go to the other dimension?
>>
File: 888.jpg (50KB, 632x391px) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
50KB, 632x391px
>>30662336
>21 hours
>I was on 54 when I was hitting league
>>
>>30662336
The games usually take me fifty to sixty hours to beat at my pace, SM took me 35 hours with the same pace. ORAS took me about that long too. It's not just a recent thing either, since I've replayed all the games this year and that still held true.
>>
>>30662330
>There is no postgame
>Lists postgame
>>
>>30663956
I'm not sure what you're doing to take so long. Pretty much all Pokemon games take me about 25-30 hours to beat at a pretty casual pace.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.