[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, so we can all agree this was a great game, with a great setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 14

File: sunmoon.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
ok, so we can all agree this was a great game, with a great setting and great new mons, but what things were dissapointed by or annoyed you?
i'll go first

>all the safety gear when riding mons
>putting a giant saddle on lapras
>only one of each apricorn ball
>not battling against fused lusamine+nihelego instead of her pokemon
>>
Team skull are the best team yet but I feel like they were wasted as Aether lackeys, Guzma especially.
>>
>>30657503

I really thought there'd be postgame gyms, with all of those vacant lots. And the lack of a National Dex is simply bizarre.
>>
I was disappointed by the lack of new pokemon in each route while playing through the game. The FPS drops aren't pretty. Not a super big fan of the way they did routes either. I also prefer the classic gym system; the trials were meh.

The overall QOL updates were good though. Excited for the future of VGC. 8/10
>>
i really liked that you couldn't catch pokemon during the trials. it made it more about winning a unique, difficult battle than about false swiping and chucking dozens of ultra balls. But i wish that they had taken this a step further, making the ultrabeasts uncatchable "boss monsters".

Plot was okay but many cutscenes were too long.

I like the SOS system as a means to increase difficulty (works great in the trials) but it's annoying as FUCK when trying to catch pokemon.

The Gen I pandering was mostly benign but I do feel like there was some wasted potential. More of the ride pokemon could have been non-gen I. There could have been Alolan forms for non-Kanto pokemon

leveling up the Festival Plaza and getting the shops that you want is way too grindy and frustrating.
>>
I do not think Sun and Moon have any major flaw. This is huge because since BW2 it hasn't been like this. Despite that

>>only one of each apricorn ball
Definitely this. Also
>unfinished locations (see: golf course)
>only TV show seems to be about pastry
>the only Kahuna battle that felt important was Hala, the others just seemed to happen
>the empty spots were never filled
>>
>>30657503
>so we can all agree this was a great game, with a great setting and great new mons
Yeah no, I don't think so.

These games were fucking shit in every conceivable way. Somehow they stole Yo-kai Watch features and did them worse than Yo-kai Watch did, and somehow they removed features and content that previous games had.

And don't even get me started on the impossibility of finding half of the new Pokemon, alongside the VERY poorly-made online functionality and the non-existent post-game.

>inb4 muh Battle Tree and Ultra Beasts
Fuck off, even the shitty post-game in ORAS was better than that.
>>
>>30658092
>Sun and Moon 2 where empty spots are filled
or stars?
>>
>>30658119 (You)
>>
>>30658074
>Plot was okay but many cutscenes were too long.
What bugged me was you were constantly running towards a (!) on the map that would start a cutscene if you got near. There's rarely any times where someone is just standing around waiting for you to talk to them.

Also it's a minor thing but it's so grating how Rotom always talks right after anything happens so you can't see the map right away because he's babbling some unfunny shite.
>>
Skippable cutscenes, better SOS system, and a less underwhelming Elite Four.
>>
>>30658119
I never understood why people care about post game so much, festival plaza is shit that much i can agree on
>>
>>30658074
I never had a problem with the cutscenes desu. I thought they were evenly spaced out.
Then again I took my time exploring while playing the game. Took me 60 hours to become champ.
>>
>>30657687
Not really, the Aether + Skull connection is never really explained at all. Why are they working together? What do they gain by doing so? Why did those grunts rob the Aether House if they were corking for Aether all along? What did Aether gain by having Team Skull cause trouble? How did they get started together? Why does Lusamine see anything in Guzma? Why did Gladion leave Lusamine just to join another arm of the same organization? It's all fucking stupid.

Also why did they remove all the QoL features from gen 6? Why does the Pokefinder work poorly on pokemon, yet I can't use it to photograph my outfit to share online? Why can't I save outfits? Why can't I grind as quickly or easily as in Gen 6 when Hyper Training has a level requirement of 100? Why is it's requirement 100 if everything online is set to level 50? Why is online so spectacularly shitty? Why did they add trainers and z-moves knowing it would ruin performance on O3DS? Why not just make a N3DS game? Why are version exclusive clothes still a thing? Where are all the ribbons? Where are the inverse battles? Why did they take minigames out of Amie? Why is the first island a 3 hour movie?

Why is Alola full of shitmons? Why do things like create A-Dugtrio and Raticate and then make them shitty and unusable? Why are there so few? Why not make an Alolan Cubone or Exeggcute? Why did you abandon Megas?

etc, etc, etc
>>
>>30658217
why did you start with not really if you don't disagree with me
>>
I really want to see them experiment with a non linear pokemon game

I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping gen 7 let us do the islands in any order
>>
-No multiple saves
-No newgame plus
-Until elite four all trainers have only 1-2 pokes tops
-cannot buy all types of pokeball
-Winguls/mongoose everywhere
-wormholes are pointless
-hatching eggs in pelago takes decades
-breeding is still the most tedius shit on the planet
-too many new pokes don't even show up until end game
-rival is a pussy
-amie wasn't improved
-npc's are still as static as in any pokemon game
-why did my pokedex need to be alive?( i know why but still, WHY?)
-why is charizard my flymon, fuck charizard
-lack of underground
>>
>>30657503
>No dexnav.
>Islands feel short.
>WAY too many cutscenes at the beginning.
>That fucking 45 minute cutscene after becoming the champion at the end.
>Not much to do after getting all UBs.
I miss secret bases and the pss. Festival plaza is so shit.
>>
>>30658190
Because having something to return to in a game is fun.
If they even included the VS. Seeker or had a ton of rematches with Kahunas and other important characters, it would be real nice.
>>
>4/5 of the Elite Four + Champion are trainers you already know
In a way this is actually good since you battle characters that have at least participated in the plot and are meaningful. On the other hand I'd have liked some new people, maybe all previous trial champions like Kahili.
>>
>>30658330
>-Until elite four all trainers have only 1-2 pokes tops
What makes those trainers any different from a random battle in the grass at that point? Fuck.
>>
Great game but I wasn't interested in the postgame so it just came to a screeching halt for me. Actually that's a positive because I enjoyed it a lot and then stopped, instead of grinding and slowly starting to hate it
>>
>>30658217
They were going for
>hehe, the Aether President is evil! Bet you didn't see that twist coming!

It's shit and makes BW's Team Plasma palatable in comparison. The evil team(s)'s plot arc in this game is awful.
>>
>>30658391

>What makes those trainers any different from a random battle in the grass at that point?

pretty much just not being able to run from them
>>
>>30658330
>no multiple saves
When did Pokemon ever have multiple save files, i don't know why you were expecting it to change here
>no newgame plus
Fuck that, i just want a challenge mode
>>
>>30658217
Team Skull steals Pokemon.
Aether Foundation makes money by rescuing Pokemon.

You don't see a connection?
>>
>>30658299
y-you too...
>>
>>30658391
Their ability to whip your ass if you just come strolling down the paths.
feat. Rollout miltank, The fastest rock in existance, and Minimize Toxic Poison Muk
>>
>>30658146
Thanks, but I was serious, not fishing for (You)s, faggot.

>>30658161
It's stuff to look forward to after the main game. Extra content. Little side stories and what-not. But "go catch all the legendaries" isn't fun, and the Ultra Beasts quest with Looker and Annabel is atrocious and unnecessary to say the least (not to mention that Looker is possibly more retarded now than ever before).

People say the Battle Frontier wasn't that great, and I admit it had problems, but the Battle Frontier was creative and clever, and gave you a lot more to do.
Plus, you know, DPPt had a whole new island to explore, and the Battle Frontier in Emerald had some hidden stuff too.
Gen 2 even had a whole second region, and even if you complain about it not being a proper replica of Kanto, it's still a whole bunch of extra content that you don't get in other games.

And that's not to even talk about shit like the unused railways in XY, the power plant in XY, or the golf course in SM.

Oh, and also, the whole SOS battle thing is a fucking shit system. "BUT IT'S EASIER TO GET SHINIES AND GOOD IVS!" Sure, but it's fucking annoying because I never want to walk into a patch of grass when playing the game at any other time because it's likely I'll find a Pokemon that'll call for reinforcements and is nearly impossible to run from.

Not to mention that horde battles were just superior and that there's no good reason they can't be done in this game other than Game Freak just didn't give a single fuck.
>>
>>hehe, the Aether President is evil! Bet you didn't see that twist coming!
If that's the case why make the opening scene lillie running away from aether grunts?
>>
>>30658411
I don't think they were going for that seeing as you know Aether are evil from the first cutscene in the game.

>>30658217
Team Skull steals (or attempts to steal) Pokemon so they were giving them to Aether. Also it seemed like only Guzma was in on their cooperation with Aether, Gladion had no idea, and no one else really knew what was going on and just listened to Guzma.
>>
All those people wanting rare 5% Pokemon fucked with the game rhythm for me. I have poke-autism so I have to do everything in a town before moving on, and that took way too long
>>
>>30658486 >>
>>30658411
>>
>>30658475
You must be a shit player. They're all easy.
>>
>>30657687
>best team yet

Nah. I like Guzma enough and a couple one liners off the grunts here and there were mildly funny for a pokemon game, but they're not the 'best' by any measure. It's just plainly "this is how a middle age, upper class, Japanese children's videogame designer thinks American street gangs act and talk because he watched a rap video once" and it distracts from any potentially good qualities they'd otherwise have as villains and isn't half as amusing as they would have us think.
>>
>>30658486
It could have been a thing where there was a rogue faction rebelling against the president, but nope, Aether is rotten to the core
>>
I hated the EXP share. Fucking ruined the game IMO, but I still used it. It would have been 100% more fun without it though.
>>
>>30658480
I agree post-game is nice to have but it isn't game making as many make it out to be
>>
>>30658542
first
>>
>>30658486
I forgot about that scene, but right away I knew something was up with the aether's. It should have been extremely fucking blatant unless you're a 7 year old or autistic. In what way did you think Team Skull would be the real villains?
>>
When I get a new gen I want to experience my first playthrough with new pokemon.

Sun and Moon introduced a relatively small number of new pokemon and quite a few had depressingly low encounter rates. Others were found too late in the game to really make an impact. Some evolved too late to carry their weight. Finally, others plain and simple didnt work well because of odd stats or movepools.

Too many legendary/mythical/UB in comparison to the rest of the dex. I actually quite like most of the UBs but the island guardians, 2 mythicals, the 5 entries into cosmog's line, necrosma, AND zygarde formes were too many when put into a ratio with new pokemon.

No game has really ever had a sprawling post game with loads to do (except maybe HGSS or BW2) but SM were barely scraping by. Battle Royal was neat but very quick. Battle Tree is either love it or leave it. No Trial Captain rematches with them becoming gym leaders.

Kahili feels out of place. I suspect time/size constraints forced them to shoehorn her into the E4 position but the unused golf course and her mention in the demo version are curious.

No move tutors, only one of each johto ball, Samson Oak was unnecessary, and the Masked Royal miniplot was unneeded. It was cool that Kukui was the last trainer before becoming champ but his masked royal thing served no purpose beyond a few forced jokes.

I loved the games though. So many good additions and QoL updates that made it worthwhile. Cant wait to see if we get sequels/third version to make Gen 7 even better.
>>
>>30658542
I kept the exp share off and i was constantly under levels even with grinding, this game is going to be fun nuzlocking
>>
>>30657503
>devote a third of the dex to kanto mons people have had 20 years to use
>give new mons an encounter rate of 10% at best and 1% at worst
>wingull and rattata on every route
>exactly four trainers with full 6 mon teams, but you can only ever fight 3 of them (Lusamine, Skull Grunt, Red and Blue)
>version exclusive clothes
>this abortion of an online experience
>great game

I can't wait for Gen 8 so we can finally admit these games were ass
>>
SOS pissed me off.
>if you get pokemon low enough to capture they can summon infinite help
Fuck off, that's just punishing me with wasted time for playing properly
>>
>>30658542
>but I still used it
Why? After Gen 6 I learned to never use it during the main story again. I was fucking glad I as underleveled most of the time since some battles became pretty fun since I actually had to at least turn my brain half on for them.
>>
>>30658443
I didn't expect it to change, but that doesn't mean it isn't bullshit.

>fuck that
Fuck you.

>challenge mode
Elaborate.
>>
>>30658385
I agree that it was a good thing. Made the battles more meaningful to me rather than facing 4 mysterious literally whos that just sit around at the end of the game.
>>
The PC interface was a lot less smooth than in gen 6.
>>
>>30658578
>>wingull and rattata on every route
That bothered me more than I thought it would.
>>
>>30658581
*I was underleveled
>>
HANDHOLDING
ANDHOLDINGH
NDHOLDINGHA
DHOLDINGHAN
HOLDINGHAND
OLDINGHANDH
LDINGHANDHO
DINGHANDHOL
INGHANDHOLD
NGHANDHOLDI
GHANDHOLDIN
>>
>>30657503
>so we can all agree this was a great game

Nope
>>
File: IMG_5003.gif (2MB, 591x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5003.gif
2MB, 591x684px
Clothes too expensive
>>
>>30658330
>-No multiple saves
This has NEVER been a thing and its stupid to wish for that.
>-No newgame plus
Why? Just give me a goddamn challenge mode like gen 5 did. New Game Plus is a cheap and easy developer cop out so they dont have to add more content.
>>
>>30658635
Not enough variation in clothes as well. I was expecting more than just a few palette swaps per island.
>>
>>30658590
Challenge mode is what they called hard mode in BW2
>>
>>30658644
They should have just imported all the X and Y clothes with the new ones they introduced.
>>
>>30658644
>hey males, i hope you like your hat options!
>fedora
>baseball cap
>nothing
>>
I really enjoyed the game and had an amazing amount of fun, especially because I thought it would be Gen 6: Part 2, but
>SOS system
What the actual fuck Gamefreak
>>
>>30658576
>masked royal miniplot
That was a plot? It only ever came up twice so I felt like it was a non-issue. Like you said, no purpose.

>>30658669
Yeah I'd be down with that
>>
>>30657503

Festival Plaza being a piece of shit is probably my biggest disappointment.

My second is the absolutely retarded distribution. Way too many 1-5% encounter rates, weather exclusive pokemon, many pokemon are found either at the last strech or postgame, and TOO MANY FUCKING GUMSHOOS AND RATICATES!
>>
I liked that the gym system was totally gone and Alola had its own unique challenges. Then they dropped a Pokemon League at the end and capped it the boring, safe way
>>
>>30657503
>Only one of each Johto Ball (I think it should have been one random one per day or some shit)
>almost everything worth having is like a 5% encounter rate
>hard to get all the proper moves on a Smeargle because no consistent double battles
>tremendous frame drop during double battles if you aren't using a N3DS model
>Festival Plaza takes so long to establish anything worthwhile but you really have no other choice
>SOS system can be great for EV training or Shiny Hunting but it's the worst when you actually want to catch something

I enjoyed it though. Not a fan of having to traverse that route and having 3 of my Pokemon faint and run out of revives, and then fighting Red or Blue as soon as you enter the battle tree. The game babies you by healing you so often before and after an important match but not here. Shit was ridiculous.
>>
>>30658690
what else do guys even wear for hats in real life
>>
>>30658715
I have no idea what to call it. Diversion? It was unneeded. Kukui was fine on his own. Mini plot was generous.
>>
>>30658752
I wear beanies irl
>>
>>30658752
Beanies
>>
>>30658480
>It's stuff to look forward to after the main game
Why not just play the main game? From my understanding, no matter how much content is in the game before the credits, people will bitch about there not being enough AFTER them. Because that arbitrarily makes a difference.
>>
>>30658719
this
>I WORKED DAY AND NIGHT TO AVOID A COOL FINAL CHALLENGE, COUSIN! OH YEAH!
ok
>>
>>30658576
>No move tutors
Why do people keep saying this? They're in the mall on the first island.

Are they just not the same thing as before? I never used them before.
>>
>>30658752
N E W S B O Y S
>>
Am I the only person who, after a major battle and shit tons of plot being dropped on me, just wants to fucking save the game and take a break for a while? You know, let the events settle in my mind a little bit and just do something else?

Because it sure seems like it. These games had very little chance for me to just put it down whenever I wanted and save and quit since after almost anything happened a huge cutscene would happen immediately after along with tons of exposition with no chance to save or control your character in between.

Most people I guess have no problem just playing hours and hours on end I guess, but I start getting a headache and lose patience really fast. I also think it was starting to affect my memory a bit as I barely remember anything that happened at all this game except the most basic plot points.

It's just something I noticed. Games rarely ever give you time to breathe anymore and you're expected to read a fucking wall of text with plot relevant details after every single battle.
>>
Cutscenes, fishing and frame drops make double battles unplayable. E4 also disappointed me

Everything else was very good
>>
>>30658783
No, no. Not like that. Those are the bullshit starters/dragon/legends ones.

Real move tutors like, for one example, ORAS had at the battle resort.
>>
>>30658783
Not him but I completely missed that mall
>>
>>30657503
>>all the safety gear when riding mons
What the fuck did you expect? Have you ever ridden an animal?
>>
>>30658813
I frequently had to close my 3ds and take a break. Just the ending cutscenes took me 3 days to slog through
>>
The fact that old Pokemon were more prominent than the new pokemon for literally no reason, especially early game which was nothing but yungoos and pikipek.

The fact that it's now become acceptable to not add in over 100 new Pokemon for a new gen.

The fact that most of the new Pokemon are inexplicably slow as shit, meaning if you go for a full alolan team you're probably going to end up with a team of slow fucks.

The fact that Pikachu now learns thunderbolt at level forty fucking two for absolutely no reason. (Don't know when this change happened to be honest but it made alolan Raichu unusable for me)

The fact that the fucking move relearner is literally at the very end of the game, in the pokemon center before the elite four.

The fact that we've now gone back to the pseudo legendary of the gen and most of the dragon types only being available at the very end after gen VI was so kind to us dragon lovers.

45 minute forced cutscene at the beginning of the game, jesus christ that was torture.

It was better than X/Y but a lot of dumb shit kept it from being perfect
>>
>>30658719
You now realise Kukui only made the league so he could proclaim himself the greatest trainer in Alola.
>>
The alternate world simply just being a 12 jump in time, and a spot for Cosmog, the Dex Filler and not a pseudo NG+.

Imagine if you went to the alternate world there were things like stronger totem battles, a different E4 typing, some non-Alola Dex pokemon, Guzma as a Kahuna or E4 member, more items, and then when you beat the E4 and go to the throne, you see the opposite gender player character standing right there.
>>
>>30658825
Well, in ORAS, the main character just rides Latias and Latios, no biggie.
>>
>>30658816
Those are never in the first games in a generation.
>>
I feel satisfied with it but I do wish there was more explaining and depth to the ultra beasts and what separates them. I just beat Lusamine in the Ultra Space but it's still unclear if they are Pokémon or not to me.
>>
>>30658851
List 100 animals they haven't used yet.
Then do it again every few years. You'll run out real fucking quick
>>
>>30658825
I assume OP is pissed that you can put a lot of money and time into trainer customization but you go to a default riding outfit whenever you're riding (which, is a LOT of the time).
>>
The only real problem was post-game.
I beat the game in around ~30-40 hours. This of course including hatching eggs and talking to every single npc.
Post game was incredibly short. All there really was to it was that extra area in Poni island towards the Battle Tree and catching UB's WHICH WASN'T EVEN DIFFICULT BECAUSE OF THE BEAST BALLS.
>>
>>30658800
Those hats are god tier. I wear it with my black winter pea coat and I kinda look like Naoto Shirogane except not nearly as attractive.
>>
>>30658153
>it's so grating how Rotom always talks right after anything happens so you can't see the map right away because he's babbling some unfunny shite
That annoyed me to no end. Shut the fuck up and show me the next objective. I don't want to hear your puns, Room.
>>
>>30658870
And?
We have no idea what, if anything, is left for gen 7 on 3ds or any system. It shouldnt be put off just because >muh patterns
>>
>>30658874
Pokedex calls them Pokemon. Still not convinced they're Pokemon but hey Clefairy is from the moon and that's a Pokemon.
>>
>>30658902
>puns
don't you mean punzz? :^)
>>
>>30658752
kangols

these things

top hats for the stage
>>
>>30657503
>with a great setting
This is one of the things I was disappointed in.
Hardly any of of the areas really stood out to me. Po Town, Seafolk Village, Malie Garden and Poni Meadow were the only areas that stood out to me at all.
As for the actual level design Vast Poni Canyon is the only thing even remotely resembling a decent dungeon, we didn't even get a fucking Victory Road.

As for other shit I dislike the lack of National Dex, Alolan variants being gen I only and the online connectivity being more of a drag than in gen VI.

The extremely story focused main-story was decent for a first time playthrough, although nothing groundbreaking. The amount of forced cutscenes makes this the lease enjoyable games to replay since gen V though.
>>
Also the fact that Kanto was teased heavily at the end and it ended up being nothing.

I looked at no major spoilers and honestly got so excited when Kanto started to be mentioned, then oh it's just lillie leaving and hau wants to fuck her.
>>
>>30658924
>wearing arctic survival gear in alola
>>
>>30658851
>most of the dragon types only being available at the very end

>Melemele
Bagon
Deino

>Akala
Goomy

>Ula'ula
Turtonator
Trapinch
Gabite
Axew

>Poni
Jangmo-o
Dratini
>>
>>30658953
If I want to lay on the beach in a fucking parka the game should let me.
>>
>>30658161
Heaven forbid people want something to do after they beat the Elite Four. Could you suck on Game Freak's dick any harder?
>>
>>30658874
Everything is a pokemon, what separates them is that they are big strong alium pokemon.

>>30658861
The alternate world being hard mode would have been great.
>>
>>30658851
>The fact that we've now gone back to the pseudo legendary of the gen and most of the dragon types only being available at the very end after gen VI was so kind to us dragon lovers.

salamence is LITERALLY on route 1
>>
Who's hype for being able to go to Kanto in Sun 2/Moon 2
>>
>>30658851
I believe that there is a certain connection between kanto and alola. Maybe they are close to each other and many npcs refer to the region.
>>
File: 1412737756743.png (430KB, 352x515px) Image search: [Google]
1412737756743.png
430KB, 352x515px
>>30658953
>not wearing arctic survival gear in alola

>>30658943
putting the word "kanto" in the game a lot and adding new forms to fan favorites like raticate and diglett were IT ALL COMING TOGETHER, anon. :^)
>>
>>30658861
Imagine if in the alternate world, Lillie is straight
>>
>>30659013
Worst case scenario
>>
>>30658330
>-lack of underground
my dick is so hard that I finally found someone that agrees with me, assuming you're talking about the mining shit that was in that one gen. shit was fuck as fuck
>>
>>30658885

Why just use animals? When has that ever been a rule? They reuse animals too faggot.

Going by your logic Pokemon should be done, they can't come up with anymore now. They can come up with 50 or so at a time but 100 or more is impossible?
>>
I loved it but the game feels incomplete as fuck. Everything feels incomplete. Even fucking Lillie's story feels incomplete and she took over 50% of the story. I don't even know if I'm going to be happy or mad when Stars gets announced.
>>
>>30659013
SEAL THE PORTAL
>>
>>30659046
Unova wasted effort adding 150 new ones and they were shit.
>>
>>30658885

>List 100 animals they haven't used yet.

they don't even have to be explicitly be animals. They have all of biology/mythology/history to take inspiration from, they could pretty much do this shit forever.

I think the bigger issue they kept running into was time constraints. New gens take longer to create as hardware gets more complex and individually designing a pokemon is around a nine month process for them
>>
>>30658943
>>30659008
Kanto pandering is probably my only issue but it's not a big one.
>HEY ANON YOU'RE FROM KANTO
>WOW HEY KANTO
>I BATTLED THE INDIGO LEAGUE IN KANTO
>ALL THESE ALOLAN FORMS THEY'RE KANTO POKEMON
>WOAH HEY I'M GONNA GO TO KANTO
>BILL, REMEMBER BILL? HE FUSED WITH A POKEMON JUST LIKE IN THIS GAME HAHA KANTO
Yeah alright game I get it, Kanto.
>>
>>30658943
Take solace in the fact Hau declares he won't go after her until he's beaten you. Smile from then on whenever you pound his bitch ass team into paste.

>>30658989
>1%
They should have just placed a hard to find grotto inside that fucking cave instead of that bullshit.

>>30659035
Yes.
>>
>>30659046
>they can't come up with anymore now
GIVE ME A DOLPHIN GAME FREAK
>>
>>30658983
>The alternate world being hard mode would have been great.

>enter distortion world
>wake up in your old room
>you now enter new game+
>get to play through the story again only without cutscenes
>all mons are +50-60 levels higher and some new pokemon available on routes

but no, it's just "lol 12 hours later"
>>
>>30658989
>LITERALLY on route 1
Route 3, actually.
>>
>>30659056
you should feel sexual
>>
>>30659031
>>30659013
They would never do it, but it would be fun as fuck if Stars went all the way through with the alternative world setting. And it all starts by halfway through the game introducing a mysterious blonde girl wearing black clothes and a mask and then they reveal she is alternative world LIllie, who is edgy as fuck.
>>
>>30659094
This would have been perfect.
>>
This game was shit. Fuck off you shilling nigger. Tiniest scope, world, exploration in an rpg I can recall, not just pokemon.
>>
>>30659079
would you be ok with them namedropping the other regions just as much? it would help the world feel connected imo
>>
>>30659107
>Lillie is edgy as fuck
So Gladion wears the dress then?
>>
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=60296534

Why didn't this happen after you beat all other Challengers and completed the UB quest? FUCK GF.
>>
>>30657503
>false swipe wild pokemon
calls for help
>kill friend
calls for help
>kill friend
calls for help
>kill friend
calls for help-- finally doesnt receive help
>toss ball, pops out
calls for help

this shit got annoying fast
>>
>>30658969

I was talking about the new dragons really, since I've used all the old ones in past games pretty much.

I played moon so no Turtonator, if I'd have known he was exclusive I'd have gotten sun. I didn't find a Drampa until victory road.

I never looked at spoilers or anything, but I scoured pretty much every new route for new Pokemon and missed many, many ones I'd have used on my team. So yeah, the encouter rates are fucking retarded in this gen. Unless you know where the new pokemon are you aren't going to find them.

I did end up looking up Jangmo-o just because I was sick of not finding any Pokemon I wanted and it still took me a good 30 minutes to find one. Really really stupid.
>>
>>30659162
Why didn't you inflict status effect on it? I always do it for captures, anyway.
>>
>>30659117
Yeah of course, I like when the games feel connected. Seeing Anabel and Colress and Red etc is really cool but Kanto just gets way more focus than the others and it's painfully obvious they're trying to cash in on those nostalgiabux.
>>
>>30659064

Unova was great you queer. Enjoy playing pokemon games where you run into the same handful of old pokemon and 1 or 2 new ones from now on.
>>
>>30659117
but anon, they have castelia cones and mentioned johto once ;)
>>
>>30659157
>Why didn't gayness happen in this childrens game
I dunno lol
>>
>>30659162
>Trying to EV train
>False swipe
>Call for help failed
>Use random status item to skip my turn
>Call for help failed
>Call for help failed
>Call for help failed
>Call for help failed
>30 turns later
>X used struggle
>X fainted
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30659163
>but I scoured pretty much every new route for new Pokemon and missed many, many ones I'd have used on my team.

They do a pretty good job compensating for this, I think. Once you see something, the Pokedex can tell you exactly where to catch it. And there are multiple instances of "Go catch a ___ on Route __ and show me the Pokedex entry," which gives you a fair number of the rarer Pokémon.
>>
>>30659226
But you keep running into the same 1 or 2 pokemon anyway, it's just a couple of shitmons picked from the 150.
>>
Lillie
>>
>>30659202
>Colress
I didn't like how he was just a key item dispenser and leaves. Why not have him working at Aether instead and actually play a role in the story?
Way too much awkward shoving items onto me for event Pokemon I don't have.
>>
>>30659234

An Aether employee mentions how he used to work in Driftveil City helping reunite stolen Pokémon with their trainers. So an explicit Unova reference, and a subtle Team Plasma reference right there.
>>
>>30659163
>Unless you know where the new pokemon are you aren't going to find them.
>I did end up looking up Jangmo-o just because I was sick of not finding any Pokemon I wanted and it still took me a good 30 minutes to find one. Really really stupid.

only thing really stupid is your face for not realizing how to use the pokedex properly. If you fight every trainer/every totem battle you will encounter ever single new pokemon
>>
A lot of people mentioned a whole bunch of minor things in the thread that were problems (And some are just overexaggerating shit heads) But I'm just going to say one of my biggest problems is that some things weren't expanded upon, or used properly. Pic related.

Colress should have been a part of the Aether Foundation, and been one of the scientists who worked on Type: Null. Could have also had some lines between him and Gladion implying that he let Gladion steal one of the Nulls on purpose in order to see if Gladion could bring out the true potential in it. He wouldn't really have been a bad guy, just would have been payed to help study the Ultra Beasts and build a powerful pokemon to counter them. I understand that he kinda would have taken quite a bit from Wicke if you were to take some things to their logical extremes (He probably would have been the one to develop the Beast Balls and tell you about the UBs, leaving Wicke with very little to do post game) but I kinda would have preferred it like that.

Also, Gladion and Type: Null should have gotten a good amount of screen time together. Prior to the game coming out, Gladion and Type: Null were treated as a pair together more then any other trainer and their signature Pokemon. WE kind of got that with Lillie and Nebby, yes, but I would have liked to see the two together, and even see Type: Null evolve with Gladion, after he protects him from a UB or something.
>>
I skipped XY.
What the FUCK is a Zygarde and why do they keep pestering me about it?
>>
wow you guys hate this game

pokebarneyfag was right
>>
>>30659310
its the "reduce/reuse/recycle" go captain planet of pokemon
>>
>>30659310
A box legend cucked by never having his own game.
>>
>>30659115
An actual good story and plot made up for that
>>
>>30659226
Stupid genwunners like that kind of shit. No doubt he's one of them.
>>
File: gfj.png (37KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
gfj.png
37KB, 400x240px
Shit, I forgot to put the picture.
>>
It was a good game.
Just not a very good anniversary game.
>>
>>30659226
Unova was BW right?
That was shit.
>>
>>30657503
Only thing bothered me that it took 20 years to make a good game
>>
>>30659369
what did she mean by this
>>
>>30659331
Tough love, faggot.
>>
>>30659369
I'm glad we got this instead of an "anniversary game" because as much as /vp/ complains about genwunner pandering, ti could've been much worse

MUCH worse
>>
File: gfj.png (34KB, 396x240px) Image search: [Google]
gfj.png
34KB, 396x240px
>>30659309
>>30659360
And I even forgot to tag my post with the picture
>>
The whole game just reeked of "buy the sequel to learn more!"
The same feeling you get from shitty YA fiction that was clearly written with a movie deal in mind.
>>
>>30659378

That's ok, you're entitled to your opinion. Your shitty, shitty opinion.
>>
Having to chain to get good HAs really sucks. Especially for Golem. I had to get a Damp mon with a sleep move, I had to catch a Smeargle and teach it Imprison. Then I have to wait for that Self Destruct mon to use Self Destruct and put it to sleep, then switch in Smeargle to Sketch it. Then I have to get Worry Seed and an attack on top of getting Smeargle to a good level so it doesn't die so easily. Then after all of that, I can finally start chaining. Seriously, what the fuck was that shit?
>>
>>30659000
No one. Now kysi.
>>
>>30659331
I love the game, not sure how other people feel but it's one of my favourite gens for sure and I'm going to miss Alola and it's characters next gen. There are just some pretty clear flaws that I'd rather weren't in the game or got expanded upon. Every game has flaws dude. Especially Gamefreak ones
>>
>>30659360
I was really confused why this guy popped up once and then never appeared again.
>>
>>30659297
>>30659234
>>30659202
>>30659117
When was the last time Sinnoh was mentioned?
Cynthia showing up doesn't count. I mean the land and its people
>>
>>30658074
>But i wish that they had taken this a step further, making the ultrabeasts uncatchable "boss monsters".

Hells no. People keep suggesting this idea as if it's a good one, but it basically comes off as "You know how there's lots of Pokémon introduced each gen? What if we had less of them? Good idea, eh?"
>>
The only things I don't like about gen 7 are:

>Rival is a total pushover faggot
Bring back Gary Motherfucking Oak-tier rivals god dammit.

>Railroaded as fuck.
I would get to a new island and I'd see a pathway leading to an interesting looking area and I'd set out on an adventure for about 3 seconds then NOPE - muh mutt is looking for treasure, you're not allowed to pass. If we could free-roam the islands and do the trials in any fucking order (save for the few linear story bits), I would have been ecstatic. Most of the trial areas are detached from each other anyways save for the Ride pokemon, who cares if I want to go beat fire guy before I beat water girl?

>poor quality of new pokemon
Instead of turning exp share off, I decided to do something revolutionary - I'd raise 3 teams at once: one with my favorites from past gens, although this was more of a side thing, I rarely used this team, one with all the alolan kanto pokemon, which are OP as fuck and my being underleveled made no difference as they steamrolled anything in their path, and one with the new alolan pokemon. Most of them were slow as fuck, and took until they evolved to actually be useful. The only fast pokemon I have on my team is salazzle, everything else plods along slow as fucking molasses. My fucking sandcastle's level is higher than its speed.
>>
>>30659202
Idiots will buy it anyways and then cry "Greatest Pokemon game ever guys, amirite?"
>>
>>30659433
The region itself was mentioned a few times in X/Y.
>>
I'm just glad it was better than XY, which made me drop Pokemon for 3 years straight.

My only major gripe is one of the few things XY got right: megas. They should've stuck with megas, added more, and gave them more of a purpose in the story.
>>
>>30659433
They mentioned it this gen when talking about the creation of Type:Null.
>>
>>30659455
>Rival is a total pushover faggot
But he's your cousin.
>>
>>30659433

Aether did research at Canalave City to create Type Null. And a random NPC mentions Crasher Wake.
>>
>>30659433
It's a real shame. They could have an interconnected world but instead for plastic Expansion Paks
>>
>>30659480
They're probably gonna save mega push for remakes since they don't give megas to new Pokemon other than Diancie. Even Greninja got a completely different thing with BB.
>>
>>30659480
>didn't like XY
>liked megas
>wants megas to be forced into the plot

Guzma, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>30659433
Wasn't that detective in the postgame from Sinnoh?
>>
>>30659433
The notes about the development of Type: Null mention Canalave Library
>>
>>30658480
Do you complain when you finish a board game becomes there isn't anymore secret board for you to play on? Jesus Christ, it's like no one on vp played any sort of game before pokemon before.
>>
>>30659480
I'm gonna respectfully disagree with this and add that megas are shit and I'm glad they aren't pushing them as hard anymore.
>>
>>30659492
What does that have to do with anything? If my cousin is a pushover, he can get pushed over a ledge.
>>
>>30658092
>the only Kahuna battle that felt important was Hala
I'd agree with Nanu and Olivia's trial seeming poorly placed but Hapu's made sense. She's your final obstacle because if you can't beat her you don't deserve to progress into the valley. It's also a special moment for the both of you because it's her inaugural battle and your last Island Challenge fight.
>>
>>30659510
Like I said, one of the few things XY did right was megas. if XY didn't have megas I probably wouldn't have played it all the way through.
>>
File: 1480591749297.jpg (92KB, 400x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480591749297.jpg
92KB, 400x482px
>Mega Stones are retardedly hard to get
>>
>>30659384
And you stuck around that long? How much does Game Freak pay you anon?
>>
>>30659455
Pokemon is always railroaded but at least there were only a couple of really bullshit ones this time. I'll happily take "You can't go through til you beat X trial" over "We're dancing in place"
>>
>>30657503
Trial Captains either not being fightable or having complete garbage teams. And then after you fight them they just disappear from the game. They don't even get to stand around and give you the same line of dialog when you speak to them. They're just gone.

>fight Kiawe
>he doesn't use Salazzle
>not even Turtonator
>only Marowak, which is fine, and two random NFE shitmons from previous generations

I feel like they purposely gave them crappy teams so they can use the excuse "Alola didn't have a real league before" in Stars/SM2 when they hopefully are given proper battles as gym leaders.
>>
>>30659594
Team Skull grunts blocking a path with squats has more character than a heavy boulder. But at least I know when a boulder can be moved
>>
>>30659613
battle tree
>>
>hey ghost is now super effective against something else! This is gonna be great, a ghost buff!
>it's itself
>it sucks even more now
>>
>>30659406
>Having to chain to get good HAs really sucks

you don't have to do shit. I'm sick and tired of hearing that gamefreak is "forcing you" to do something that's clearly optional and not meant for most players.

case in point EV training. I've heard every fucking complaint in the book about it. It's supposed to be a psuedo-random way make trained pokemon stronger than wild pokemon. It's not something you're meant to autistically train for. it's your fault for treating it that way.

IV's are just random way to make each pokemon unique and different. You aren't supposed to breed them to have 6 IV perfect pokemon. You can if you want, but it's not something required at all to play the game or even be competitive. Same with natures, they're just a little bit of flavor to make your pokemon unique.

Hidden abilities are just that, hidden. They're meant to be cute bonuses for people who sit through long battles and at the end want to catch something. Nobody is fucking forcing you do anything to get them. You're the one that wants it. You have to go through the effort of getting it. If they were just handed out like normal abilities they wouldn't be hidden.
>>
>>30658217
A lot of this is actually really valid.

The pictures especially. I can't help but wonder why I can take photos in Johto and Kalos and yet not Alola.

Actually, the Hyper Training thing especially. Everything about it is stuoidy
>>
THE PC'S STUPID SMILING FACE THAT ALMOST NEVER CHANGES
>>
>>30659594
>"We're dancing in place"

I loved that. If they need to use arbitrary roadblocks, I'm cool with them making self-referential jokes about it every so often.
>>
>>30659594
it was much less railroaded in gen I, II, and to a lesser extent, IV. In pearl, went and beat crasher wake, was surprised how challenging he was, continued walking, got to fighting girl and realized I beat it out of order.
>captcha is a sign that says wrong way
pottery
>>
>>30659455
For some bizarre reason I actually liked Hau? I usually hate the friend rival thing they're pushing but Hau seemed pretty likeable. A complete pushover in battle but a nice character since he actually seemed like a kid.
Until he proclaimed he was going to cuck me the little fucker
>>
>>30659613

Dude, every trial captain can be battled at some point in the game. They don't just disappear.
>>
Worst video game purchase I've ever made in my life. Never again will I fall for the day one buy for Pokemon games. To piracy I go.
>>
>>30659634
The fuck are you talking about anon
>>
>>30659683
Why did you dislike it?
Do you not understand the point of the thread?
>>
The long, navel-gazing cutscenes of the game would've been okay if you could at least skip them, but GF is dumb. The way the game is I don't think I'll ever bother replaying it like I have with almost every other Pokemon game, it's too much bullshit to slog through. Even BW wasn't as bad because the cutscenes weren't so damn long. In SM they seemed to really love the two or three emotes they gave each character and had them do them every other cutscene.

Rotom Dex is a cool idea but implemented awfully. Like others have mentioned there's the whole thing where Rotom starts spouting shit at the end of every cutscene instead of showing me the map (if GF was smart they'd just have both). I wish I could zoom the minimap in/out, and the lack of quick buttons for menu options is kind of annoying. The ones they kept in are really unintuitive because you need to touch specific parts of the Rotom Dex, and touching certain parts does fuckall except make Rotom spaz out. What's the point?

Low encounter rate for new Pokemon is fucking dumb as people have mentioned. It's not a problem if you do it for a few, I actually like that they made certain new Pokemon hard to find like Mareanie, but because they added so few new Pokemon in total it makes it so that new Pokemon are spread really thin. Basically, few new Pokemon and hard-to-find Pokemon- pick one, GF.
>>
>>30659703
Ghost is now SE to ghost and it's dumb
>>
>>30659669
I heard that he hits on the player if they're female
>>
>>30659727
its always been that way dude
>>
>>30659727
(You)
>>
>>30659727
Ghost has been SE to ghost since Gen 1 you stupid fuck
>>
No option to show actually useful things on the bottom screen
>>
>>30659527
What do unrelated board games have to do with Pokemon?

>>30658777
But that's not the case for Alola. It wasn't very big and the towns didn't have much to do, and Battle Royal was unplayable before beating the game. Your example just makes this look worse
>>
>>30659727
>now

Um, I've got some news for you...
>>
>>30657503
All of those and

>lack of post game content
>>
>>30659740
>>30659750
>>30659759
Well I never knew that

Theres a lot of ghost types though and its really noticable
>>
this game was awesome, but

>dragon now super effective against dragon

when did they add this? ruined the game for me
>>
Lack of a huge city or decently sized towns. Most towns are only one street and consist of 3 buildings, what the heck? The rest of the map is wonderfully diverse and isn't just a stupid circle like every other generation but that doesn't give us anything to do in post game.
>>
I kept leveling up during the good part of the kahuna battle music and couldn't hear it ;~;
>>
>>30659798
what
>>
>>30659798
GF makes the stupidest changes I fucking swear. Also Fire beats Grass now? What the fuck that doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>30659594
There was a lot more railroading this time and it was pretty bad. The Stoutland guy being the worst
>>
>>30659798
>>30659759
While none of it is new.

I would like to say I was really fucking annoyed that absolutely everything seemed to have a dark type move to render all my precious ghosts completely unusable.
>>
FIRE IS SUPEREFFECTIVE AGAINST GRASS NOW? WHAT THE FUCK GF
>>
>>30659798
>>30659821
IM FUCKING SORRY OK IT WAS A MISTAKE

IVE NEVER USED A GHOST TYPE BEFORE IM SORRY
>>
The game was absolutely fantastic. Except for one major flaw.

>water is now super effective against fire

Just what the actual fuck were they smoking?
>>
>>30658119
Stop playing pokemon.
>>
>>30659805
Its one of the most circular maps, in that every island was a circle. And what do you mean every other generation? I think you might be forgetting the progression of most of the games.

Agree on the towns, those were all disappointing.
>>
File: 1472090045437.jpg (40KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1472090045437.jpg
40KB, 583x583px
>>30659844
i just wanted some of those (You)s you were scooping up
>>
>>30659844

Then can I respectfully suggest that maybe you're not experienced enough to make a fair judgment on the quality of this game?
>>
>Poison is now weak to ground
stupidest change they made, how the fuck does that work?
>>
>>30659551
Are you white? I bet you're white. You don't understand the value of family.
>>
No egg hatching spot as good as XY's or ORAS's post game one
>>
>>30659899
You know he's not your actual cousin right?
>>
>>30659638
Except those extra options add variety to team building, so if you want to try those options, you have to do it. If you want to compete, even with friends, it's better to do it because it's not fun to get your shit stomped when your IVs range between 3-22 while theirs are all 31 with a good nature.

Not only that, X/Y made all of that shit easy. You want a HA? Go to the Friend Safari, add people, you get a HA on top of their IVs being good. It wasn't perfect, but it was a lot faster than SOS chaining. If you're not supposed to do this shit, why bother adding it? Why add the tedium? If they want to lock it behind postgame stuff, that's cool by me, but there shouldn't be all these hoops just to try out new shit.
>>
>>30659895
This is no longer funny
>>
>>30659899
>le blood is thicker than water maymay
no, my family is the people I care about, not the offspring of my mother's slutty siblings.
>>
>>30659877
please it was an honest mistake

ive been complaining to my friends about this for 2 weeks

how do I get forgiveness
>>
I really dislike Nihilego's design. It looks too much like a hat and too much like Lillie. It just screams "plot device" and not "living creature"
>>
>>30659844
It's ok anon, we love you
>>
>>30659884
Probably. I played Fire Red, then X, then AS, and now Sun. I've never got into comp or anything, and I thought this was a new change.
>>
>>30659928

This is an anonymous message board. Just pretend it never happened. Nobody will know it was you.
>>
>>30659914
Don't stem from the argumentl, bitch boy.
>>
>>30659941
That's because Lusamine dressed Lillie to look like Nihilego. Nihilego was her definition of beauty, so she tried to make Lillie look like it
>>
>>30659973
Oh shit it all comes together
>>
>>30659941
>It looks too much like Lillie

Well, looks like somebody missed the point there...

Lusamine was so unhinged that she intentionally forced her daughter to dress like the Ultra Beast she was obsessed with.
>>
>>30659561

I actually like it this way. If mega stones are just handed to you it no longer feels special.

Making them harder to obtain makes you have to think about which stone you really want, and you only get the stones of the pokemon you're really close to.
>>
>>30659973
>>30659990
I know that and it doesn't change how I feel.

That's part of the problem, it's too clever and serves the plot so much that it doesn't stand on its own once it's all done.
>>
>>30659762
It's not just board games, it's any game. All games have an eventual end, unless you're playing a deliberate time sink with no end goal, like Sims or Animal Crossing. Anything extra that happens exclusively after the end may be nice to have, but it's ultimately less important than literally everything else that happens in the main game proper, and will always be treated as less important. The over-the-top whining about the post-game as opposed to concerns over how enjoyable the main game is shows a rather skewed set of priorities, in my opinion.
>>
>>30659884
Someone doesn't need to have played other Pokemon games before to know if the most recent one is good or bad desu
If we were just going by "conventional" criteria I can't see how anybody could say SM were bad games though. Way too many unskippable cutscenes is a fair criticism, but aside from that it's a pretty solid game all around.
>>
There's a weird feeling of incompleteness about the game. Or rather... feelings of a sequel? Stronger than any of the other games in the series, I think.

XY also kind of had the same thing, but it felt much smaller. All it really was was Zygarde shit. There's a LOT more left hanging here in Alola, and the whole game feels like a prologue to something larger, kind of. Your character establishes the Pokemon league in Alola, not to mention there's a lot of stuff that feels like set-up (Hau at the end of the game, Mina, the (obivously cut) golf course, empty lots, etc).

People were crying out for a Z game but I feel like a "Stars" or what have you is 100% inevitable in this case.

My only other nitpicks are just in some of the weird design choices. Why is Lurantis just a worse Tsareena? At least give it sunny day support aside from leaf blade. Why are so many of the new pokemon one-off non-evolving pokemon that are tucked away in fishing spots or other hard to find places?

The Cutscene spam in the beginning is a bit much too, but considering this is the most story-heavy pokemon's been since B/W, and the story was actually pretty entertaining, I can give that one a pass. Wish there was a bit more pokemon variety on the first island though. I felt XY did a fantastic job of packing every route full of pokemon, and that was really fun.
>>
>>30660041
>it's too clever and serves the plot so much that it doesn't stand on its own once it's all done.

That is a really, really bizarre complaint.
>>
>>30660063

Fair enough, I was wrong to suggest that a new-ish player can't fairly judge the quality. If anything, that might allow them to be more objective. I guess I was more saying that he would be less qualified to compare it to other games in the series, but that wasn't what he was doing anyway.
>>
>>30659918
My theory is that since it's a kids game, they want to punish people who go out of their way to do these things. No kid would ever bother with this unfun shit and they clearly hate older players so why not fuck with them for parting with their dosh?
>>
>>30660106
>tfw I'm the only person who doesn't feel any sequel bait at all
I honestly don't see it. Kukui made a league. You won the league. Hau has daddy issues and is a shit rival who will never beat you.
Lillie goes to Kanto to be a trainer and talk to Bill.
Anything unanswered will probably just get mentioned in a future game. If there really is something I'm not getting that hints to a sequel then please point it out.
>>
>>30660050
Isn't longevity important in any game?
>>
>>30660063
>but aside from that it's a pretty solid game all around.
Yeah it's a big improvement on XY and the formula in general. The pacing wasn't fucked and the story was good.

It has the same "Evil team abuses legendary pokemon to do evil" plot that most of the games have but instead of that pokemon being just some random creature it's Nebby. Nebby is cute and the player most likely likes Nebby and Lillie and will be more invested in what happens.

Did anyone actually care when team galactic used the lake trio to do whatever they were doing? Fuck no who gives a shit.

Team Skull are also interesting because they're likeable because they inspire pity by design. They're a bunch of misfits and losers, they're not a real threat to the player and many NPCs don't take them seriously. Other teams are supposed to be threatening and fail, inspiring disgust. That said I think they were also wasted potential and more could have been done with them. I think I would've liked them to become heroes in the end.
>>
Did BW feel like sequelbait? I didn't play them before BW2.
>>
>>30660275
Not to me. Expected a 3rd version explaining Kyurem and that was it.
>>
anyone else feel like this and Kill La Kill's plot were very similar?
>>
>>30660275
not really, everyone just expected Gray version and not moving the plot forward
>>
>>30660306
Lusamine did lose her way a bit
>>
>>30660270
Team Skull is literally the only reason I want a sequel. Those losers deserve a chance to be part of society.
>>
>>30660106
Eh, I wouldn't say sequel-bait is any stronger than XY. XY had a ton of unresolved irrelevant shit outside of Zygarde and lots of unused/teased areas like the racetrack and Power Plant.
>>
>>30658510
Giovanni was a stereotype mob boss who had a change of heart after being beat by an 11 yr old

Archie and Maxie nearly razed Hoenn on accident

Cyrus tried to recreate the universe but instead opened a portal into another world and decided to stay there The Sinnoh Legendaries are all UBs fucking when

Ghetsis tried, twice, and failed spectacularly, twice, to become a king

Lysandre threw Kalos into a panic for all of about 30 minutes

Guzma laid seige to, and still has control of, a town on an island run by a cosmic mad cow who destroys what bothers him

I'd say it goes Aqua=Magma>Plasma>Rocket>Skull>Galactic>Flare
>>
>>30660306
Nah, you never find out who killed your dad.
>>
>>30660367
I like how a few skull grunts show up around the post game trying to fit in, like the one who gets a job at mallow's diner.

I wish to date and reform a skull grunt
>>
>>30660388
The masked royal did
>>
File: genius.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
>>30660369
A brilliant strategy. Make unfinished games begging for a sequel, and then just...don't release them!
>>
>>30660367
If we do get sequels, I wonder if we'll have another Plasma scenario, where some of them want to stay bad... Not sure who'd lead them though
>>
>>30660367
>Plumeria will forever be in her shitty trailer with no backstory
>>
>>30660408
But who IS Masked Royal? Will we ever find out? Fucking Gamefreak and their unresolved plotlines, holy shit.
>>
>>30660421
I get the impression that it's less intentional sequelbait, and more just leftover ideas they couldn't completely implement but the autistic fanbase interprets it as being totally deep worldbuilding or whatever.

For example, Shauna just shows up at the end of XY to open the Team Flare door, saying Clemont gave her a tool to do so. The fuck is up with that? Given that Lysandre's machine looks really similar to Clemont's Aipom Arm I'm guessing they originally had some side plot involving Clemont/Team Flare that they just didn't have the time to actually put in the game.
>>
>>30660270
This pretty much sums up how I feel. Guzma and Plumeria never actually interacted if I remember correctly? She was the only Team Skull member that wasn't a messy fuck. She cared about Guzma but why did Guzma prefer Lusamine and work with her? I mean besides her being a top tier milf
>>
>>30660387
why are you rating them on feats like a 12 year old

Nearly all of them are the same boring ass villain in different costumes. They could reveal that Giovanni was behind every team and I wouldn't be surprised.

Guzma has more character than the other bosses put together and a team that exists because they've found a place to belong and isn't a bunch of people following a nutjob who wants to axe the planet.
>>
Pokemon had finally lowered the stakes back to regular people and then Aether happened
>>
>>30660513
In terms of accomplishments, yeah the ranking system still goes like that

In terms of character though, I'll agree with you that Guzma is on top
>>
File: 1478830775926.jpg (22KB, 548x396px) Image search: [Google]
1478830775926.jpg
22KB, 548x396px
>>30658496
"Show me a feebas"
>>
>>30658496
I thought that people paying you to show them pokemon was an odd concept.
>>
>>30660579

I thought it was really smart. It gave you hints about Pokémon that you might otherwise never find.
>>
>>30660510
The bit where a bunch of skull grunts and Plumeria ask you to save Guzma was a nice moment.
>>30660595
That's a good point, I'm still finding out about pokemon I had no clue were available.
>>
>>30660050
But games aren't equal. You can't be comparing Pokemon to another franchise to talk about Pokemon's standards.

If people find the older games had more to do postgame, and then SM doesn't, it is a perfectly valid thing to have an issue with. If we never got games with good extra content before, your point would have more weight.

>>30660106
A lot of it felt like there was more to it that they didn't talk about due to either setting up or scrapping it. I can't think of examples now but it was a feeling I felt playing the game
>>
>Guzma and Kukui were friends at one point
>Weren't allowed to be captains, although Kukui insists he never wanted to be one (probably lying)
>Maybe the game will explain what happened that fucked up their chances of being captains.
>Never happens
God damn Gamefreak all I wanted was some Kukui and Guzma teenage delinquent time flashback.
>>
>>30660595
I think this is a point a lot of people in any online video game discussion seem to forget. People who don't use the internet to just immediately look up everything are obviously not as well represented in these discussions and features like that probably really improve the experience for them.
>>
>>30660687

Exactly. I played the game mostly blind. I never would have found, say, Oranguru, if there hadn't been one of those people saying "find an Oranguru in Lush Jungle and show it to me." I thought it was a really great way to organically hint at some of the less common Pokémon.
>>
>>30660029
Grinding 64 BP isn't fun at all.
>>
>>30660687

this is true. I completed the pokedex entirely by myself with no guides just using common sense on a blind playthrough and I gotta say it was way more rewarding than using the internet. The only pokemon I kind of cheated on that felt like bullshit was necrozma mainly because I didn't know it existed and never had a reason to revisit 10-carat hill nor were there any hints that it was there, and the version exclusives.
>>
>>30657503
>no diving
>no building secret bases like what was emphasized in commercial
>tauros is the only ride pokemon that you formed a bond with
>very little exploration
>rotom covering the map when we got to a new island
>lack of new mon encounters
>vikavolts evo location and stats
>>
>>30660789

You found Mareanie without any hints? That's legitimately impressive.
>>
>>30660661
Would you be down with the mainline games having playable side stories like in Explorers of Sky?
>>
>>30660831
I wish the mainline games were more like the mystery dungeon ones in a lot of ways
>>
>>30660879
Both have godlike music though.
>>
>>30660250
It can be, it depends on what you qualify as longevity, however. GF views playing against other players as a way to increase a game's lifespan, as opposed to a bonus dungeon that might show up in other games, such as SMD. So while it may have been nice to have an added dungeon or island to explore, it was never high on the list of GF's priorities for added longevity, while connectivity with other players was. How well they handled that, however, is a seperate matter.

In my opinion, as an rpg that focuses heavily on interacting with other players, pokemon will want to make sure it has a interesting enough single-player campaign to keep players invested in raising and training their team (especially young players, considering how they've said they want to focus on making the games accessable to new kids), and a well planned connection system to play with other players. The main game itself was fairly long and has enough to it for many people to put upward of 40+ hours on it, and depending on the schedule a player keeps (between work/school/studying/ sleeping/ eating/real life social interaction, etc.), a player could very well spend a couple of weeks playing. The short term connectivity is no problem either, you can easily connect to any nearby players from the main menu. However, while I personally find them enjoyable, the online facilities are a bit of a mess this generation, which can cut into the game's lifespan, depending on the player.
The new system makes it a lot harder to play with a random player, which means you have to rely on ranked matches, and that can be intimidating to a new player. There's also no way to properly trade with stranger outside of GTS, wondertrade, or dumb luck.

How long the game's lifespan is hasn't been determined (yet since the game only came a few weeks ago), but since the player connectivity has been mucked with, it's still up in the air.
>>
I thought ride pokemon were a huge improvement over HMs and were generally pretty fun to use.

However surfing is so rare and underused now because of how big the world is and how big lapras and sharpedo are.

In previous games you'd surf a lot and there were loads of great secrets because you could surf on nearly any water. Now there's just like a few beaches that don't go anywhere and bits of water here and there.

Also machamp is so fucking slow god damn.
>>
>>30660933

Yeah, it's ironic how peripheral surfing is in a game set in an island region.
>>
>>30660820

once you have the location in your pokedex it's basically "go to patch of grass, try everything" Or in this case "if it's water, fish in bubbles". The SOS call was by complete accident
>>
>>30660921
Fair enough. If a game has a solid foundation, longevity will come from that. Postgame grinding is a cheap bandaid. But I agree the online features could be better implemented. In fact they HAVE been better implemented in past games, and that's what makes it frustrating.
>>
File: 1452712304112.png (91KB, 320x257px) Image search: [Google]
1452712304112.png
91KB, 320x257px
>>30657503
>only one track for when you get spotted by a trainer
>>
Shame about secret bases. I'd trade the plaza fort hose any day.
>>
>>30660933
I think they took the too much water thing a bit too seriously.....even referenced it in the game heh.
>>
>>30660820
>>30660972
I mean, the game does tell you about bubbles and has a cutscene to tell you about how Corsolas are often attacked by Mareanie, so it's not like they gave no hints at all.
>>
>>30660653
The problem is that pokemon has never really had much of a postgame, and what little has existed always felt piddly as fuck. The only time there was a "real" postgame was in gsc, but that was actually more of a story continuation than an actual postgame, it's just that GSC Kanto was so damn empty, few people viewed it as an actual continuation.

>>30660964
Pokemon's water routes have always been incredibly lackluster, but with this gen's new mapping they had a chance to not make them so boring, and instead they just made them really short.
>>
>>30661147

It's actually Toxapex mentioned in that cutscene, which at that point you don't really have a reason to know is connected to Mareanie. I'm not saying it's impossible to figure out, but it's difficult.

This isn't a complaint, by the way, I like "hidden" stuff like this.
>>
>>30657503
>NO

>NEW

>FUCKING

>MEGAS

and how they basically took gengar out back and shot him. poor old guy. rip gengar. OU tier 1996-2016. it was a good run
>>
>>30661159
They did some neat stuff with water, particularly on Melemele, with it looping back around into a hidden bay and whatnot. I liked that.

But on the other hand we also got route 15, aka Literally fucking nothing.
>>
Actually come to think of it, anyone notice how goddamned short all the routes were?

You barely moved 30 feet before you were done and then BAM, cutscene.

Previous gens featured slogs that would be absolutely grueling and depending on how the encounter rates were, threaten to completely drain your PP.
>>
>>30661236
I'm kind of wondering if Gen 8 will end up having no new Megas, UBs, or Alternate Forms, and they just end up introducing a totally new gimmicky Pokemon classification.

I gotta say I'm not really a fan of the prospect of them taking the "slash and burn" philosophy they used to have with gameplay features and applying it to Pokemon themselves.
>>
>still no "game zone"
>>
>low encounter rate pokemon
>evolving sneasel
>ugly riding pokemon gear
>having to hold b in order to hatch eggs as fast as possible
>buildings with doors that you can't open
>that desert
>SOS system
>festival plaza replacing PSS
>no custom messages online
>punishment for disconnection
>RNG bullshit that is getting the festival plaza building you want at a high amount of stars
>no minigames like the amie ones
>having to get to level 100 to increase ivs
>no good grinding spots
>no good methods to get lots of money in one day besides battling elite four
>low variety of clothes (recolors do not count as different clothes)
>version exlusive clothes
>only kanto mons get alola forms
>golf course and hotel
>colress (and grimsley too, I think?) popping up for no reason
>colress not connected to aether in any way
>30 minute cutscenes
>main character never emotes
>the small variety of island scan mons
>getting camera version 5
>walking pokemon not returning
>>
>>30661297
well, if we assume this is the last generation for the 3ds and they introduce a new handold console.
hopefully it will be more powerful and whatnot. i almost hope they make it compatible with the switch since its basically going to be a handhold console. i dont think they would pass up on the extra cash though.

anyways gen 8 will hopefully have them combine all the new features like megas, alternate forms, z moves, and other shit into one ultimate pokemon game. But with the way gamefreak operates i doubt we'll get any of that and these new features will most likey bite the dust and we'll be introduced to new gimmicky shit.
>>
Trade evolution pokemon need to stop.
>>
>>30661202

I checked the pokedex constantly though each time a trainer used a new pokemon. Mareanie and toxapex were both in my dex and even before I registered toxapex I think I somehow made the connection in my mind. It really helps that when you first encounter a pokemon it tells you what stage of evolution it is so you know whether to evolve it or not.

I wasn't always right though which led to me doing some stupid time wasting shit "Passimian has a prevo, let me just breed this shit" until a trainer on route 10 used an oranguru leaving me with tons of passimian eggs I was planning on hatching later.

Same with Tauros "fuck yes tauros gets a prevo this gen, oh wait I'm fucking stupid it's miltank"
>>
>>30661448
Yeah, I don't have any friends either
>>
>>30661448
this. i do have friends that play but its such a fucking hastle.
>>
I'm gonna compare the ride pokemon to HMs. Overall I think it's a huge improvement but not in all cases.

Firstly It's lame that non HM utility moves like teleport don't do anything any more. Now here's my autism:

Cut - Always the lamest one besides defog, nothing but gating and cutting down grass which is neat but I don't think anyone every actually used it for that. Not a problem that it has no ride counterpart.

Fly - Flyzard works exactly the same, no problems here.

Surf - I wrote >>30660933 so the same here. It's cool that we actually ride Lapras now but the problem that comes with that is that it's so huge and areas of water have to be big enough to accommodate it. It might be cool to have something small like squirtle for tight areas, or maybe a pokemon that levitates. No waterfall, no dive, shitsux. Ride surfing is a total downgrade over previous gens.

Sharpedo is really fun to use though and water-rocks are a nice new gating addition. I feel like its speed is wasted on the small surf areas, there should have been big water routes to cruise around.

Rock Smash - Tauros is great. Much more quick and fun than pressing A on a rock.

Strength - Fuck Machamp man it's so slow. Block puzzles are basic and they have to be because it takes half an hour to push one block. I don't know what they were thinking with this.

Stoutland is alright but not as good as previous dowsing methods.

Mudsdale is rubbish, walking on rocks wasn't fun with Rhyhorn and it's not fun now. It could have been more like rock climb so there were lots of places to use it instead of one route.
>>
>>30660994
It's one of the most frustrating things they've done this gen. Even if the wanted to keep rotomdex on the bottom screen ,they could've easily added a menu system akin to PSS on it, as a separate tab you could switch to, or something. They also could've properly integrated the dex into it, instead having it be a glorified map covering the bottom screen. It honest to god feels like this game wasn't intended to play on a dual-screen system, so hopefully it'll get a port to the switch with some much needed updates.
>>
>Only one UB fight in the main game
>Festival Plaza
>Gladion doesn't acknowledge when Type:Null evolves
>Aether Foundation isn't battled beyond a short segment at Aether Paradise
>Dialogue with Aether Foundation and Skull Grunts in Po Town doesn't change after the plot ends
>Poni Island empty as all hell
>Zygarde remains irrelevant and collecting all the cells is just busywork
>No interaction between Guzma and Plumeria
>No Team Skull Hat
>>
>>30661448
>put machoke in GTS
>ask for machoke

but muh item trades!

>put porygon holding upgrade in GTS
>ask for porygon 2
>>
Just wanted to say that replacing the Dowsing Machine with Stoutland was fucking horrible.
Before you could have the DM open on the bottom screen at all times, but now you're forced to swtich to Stoutland, who forces you to move incredibly slowly, have to hold down a button, and also has shit range as far as finding items goes.
>>
>>30661605
I think gen 5 had the best dowsing machine, hands-down
>>
>>30661605

replacing the itemfinder with the dowsing machine was fucking retarded. what does dowsing even mean? it's a made up word. at least itemfinder made sense because it's like a metal detector. A dowsing machine? what the fuck is that? some sort of radar?
>>
>>30661678
It's a machine that dowses
>>
>>30661678
nigga google dowsing rod god damn
>>
>>30661678
Dowsing: a technique for searching for underground water, minerals, or anything invisible, by observing the motion of a pointer (traditionally a forked stick, now often paired bent wires) or the changes in direction of a pendulum, supposedly in response to unseen influences.
>>
>>30661605
Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the point of even having dowsing. It's always struck me as a really low-effort way of putting in secrets, having random items just scattered around instead of placing strange-looking tiles or whatnot that encourage players to investigate further. Does anybody actually ENJOY hot-and-cold minigames?

And yeah, Mudsdale was kinda boring. I think they really ran out of ideas
>>
>>30661678

"Dowsing" is quite an old concept.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing
>>
>>30661734
I enjoyed Mudsdale more for comfy strolls than anything else
>>
>>30661734

it's really just a carryover from gen 1 that has overstayed its welcome. Only reason gen 1 even had it was because there was literally shit on the ground everywhere and that was the only way to get rare candies and max revives at the time.
>>
>>30661865
I like it when there's some kind of hint or logic to it. In SM it feels like stuff is everywhere and you should be mashing A constantly.
>>
>>30661678
Imagine being so retarded you can't even google shit you don't know.
>>
>>30661816
They really should've made more of the ride options Alola Pokemon or at least came up with Alola Forms for Lapras and whatnot.
>>
>>30658752
Beanies and I've grown fond of scally caps.
>>
>>30661159
It doesn't matter though, what really matters is how people view it. And people view the postgame of Johto, new Kanto, Sinnoh, old Hoenn and Unova to be substantial. So when Kalos, new Hoenn and Alola isn't substantial, its understandable that it will lead to complaints.

I think Alola's postgame is fine, it certainly lackluster in many places. Kalos' was pure shit

>>30661291
The overworld on a whole was too short. Short routes (except a few really good standouts) short dungeons, short towns.
>>
Pelipper
Pelipper
Raticate/Gumshoos
Pelipper
Pelipper
Literally 25 minutes minimum from when you become champion to when you can save and quit
Pelipper
Pelipper
Can't rematch generic trainers
Pelipper
No shirt and tie for the girl
Pelipper
400 battles one after the other throughout Po Town and Aether Paradise, literally every one with only a single Pokémon except bosses
Pelipper
Alola Vulpix not available until endgame
Pelipper
No seriously, why is Pelipper making up literally a third of the encounters on nearly every route deemed acceptable?
>>
>>30661605
Fuck Stoutland

They couldn't survive without people hating their overworld traveling mechanic so they ruined Dowsing and gave us shitty Mudsdale
>>
>>30662526
At least Stoutland moves pretty quick otherwise, so you can travel at a reasonable pace without holding b.
>>
>>30660513
The only one who wanted to axe the planet was Cyrus, tho...
>>
>>30662518
>400 battles one after the other throughout Po Town and Aether Paradise, literally every one with only a single Pokémon except bosses
glad someone mentioned this, before this game I don't think I've ever felt that "holy shit I don't want to battle anymore I just want to do story/exploration/non-battling shit for a little bit" feel
>>
Sorry, OP, but I've gotta go with ContrariAnon on this one:

>>30658119
>These games were fucking shit in every conceivable way

I want to say you're exaggerating here- they did have a likeable professor and one non-shit starter, which is more than can be said for some Gens- but then I remember that I lost interest and quit before even reaching the first trial.
>>
>>30663193
The others had largely planet axing side effects.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.