[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your initial reaction towards the fully evolved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

What was your initial reaction towards the fully evolved Sinnoh Starters?
>>
I loved Torterra, I liked Empoleon's theme but I didn't really care about Infernape.
>>
I thought they were all awesome because I was 9 years old at the time
>>
>>30656071
>damn the water-type is really always the best choice huh
>>
First gen in which I loved all the designs of the starters. Infernape is my favorite though.
>>
>>30656071
Forgive buzzword, but "overdesigned." Both gen 4 and 5 had too many swirls, decals, etc. for my taste. I'm glad there are people who can truly appreciate them though.

My favorites have always been gen 1, 2, 6.
>>
>>30656071
They're probably the coolest looking starters in the series
>>
Absolutely shit, especially the stinky monkey.

Empoleon is alright I guess. And relevant. Can't wait to try it in Pokken.
>>
>>30656071
I really liked Torterra because of the whole "mini world" thing it has on its back. Those little mountains and tree are really nice.

I still like Torterra.
>>
>>30656071
I chose Chimchar as a kid and thought Infernape was awesome. Don't remember what I thought of Empoleon and Torterra but when I first replayed Platinum as an adult I realized how great they all are.
>>
Love em. Infernape is by far my favorite starter and is also one of my top 6 favorite mon in total. Funny cuz its the only fire starter i've ever picked cuz the rest are mostly shit
>>
>Fire/Figthing again? That's fine, but I wanted a unique typing
>>
File: Aim for the top Empoleon.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aim for the top Empoleon.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>30656071
I was extremely meh about them like I was with the gen 3 starters. I kept trying to like Torterra and Infernape but took for the Empoleon in Pokken trailer for me to recognize which was truly best.
>>
>>30656071
Didn't really care for any of them when I first saw them on Serebii sometime between the Japanese and European release of DP, I chose Empoleon when the games came out.

Now Torterra is my favorite of the three and they're probably my favorite starter trio in general. The basic stages all suck though.
>>
>>30656071
I love infernape and empoleon. I have a lot of good memories playin as a chimchar in mystery dungeon. Piplup was cute and infernape went hard in the anime. Torterra is meh.
>>
I thought Torterra and Empoleon were both cool and interesting, Empoleon because Piplup was my favorite first stage and Torterra because it's got such a sick design.

Infernape sucks though.
>>
torterra and infernape are godlike, empoleon is at pretty good.

all 3 where campaign mons.
>>
Initial
>Infernape: IT'S SHIT
>Torterra: IT'S JUST A WORSE VENUSAUR
>Empoleon: This one's cool

Today
>Infernape: IT'S SHIT
>Torterra: It's pretty cool & I like it
>Empoleon: It's good
>>
Torterra is probably my favorite stage 3 starter, and I like Infernape and Empoleon mechanically. They're not bad aesthetically either, although I don't like all the details on Infernape.

Gen 4 is the only gen I haven't played.
>>
File: Torterra_XY.gif (327KB, 98x106px) Image search: [Google]
Torterra_XY.gif
327KB, 98x106px
When I first saw them I was bit underwhelmed. Torterra grew on me over time until it became probably my favourite starter ever. I like Empoleon a lot too, but it tends to look a lot better in fan art then as an in game sprite; perhaps its 3d model helps, but I haven't seen that in game yet.

I hated Infernape then and I hate it now.
>>
>>30656071
Torterra: OMG EARTH CARRYING TORTOISE, YES.
Infernape: So it's the goku story, and... a glass cannonier Blaziken, meh.
Empoleon: It looks really neat; it's awesome that the kinda girly one became a real neat thing!
>>
Torterra and Empoleon are pretty cool, I just wish Infernape was better.
Megas when?
>>
>>30656522
empoleons model does not help it at all newfriend
>>
>>30656231
>>30656201
Basically these two combined. Torterra was overdesigned like the other two in my opinion but he still had a cool theme
>>
>>30656517

This. I've never been a starter guy, but torterra was my favorite gen 4 pokemon
>>
Best starters in the series, each one is 10/10. I'm going to have a hard time trying to choose my starter in the remakes.
>>
I liked both Empoleon and Torterra, I didn't know which to choose. Never liked Infernape.
>>
File: erect.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
erect.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
turtwig a cute
grotle a frigin suk
torterra learns earthquake
>fire, steel, rock, electric, poison cease to exist if ya boy survives 1 hit
>destroy everything until candice
>get stuck on her gym for a straight week because i had no sense to get fire or fighting pokemons
>get carried by earthquake through the entire game
>didnt even use lucario
>mfw
>>
>using a gen 4 starter
>not boxing it and catching a starly and budew
>>
>>30656328
I like how it has a posse in the background doing the same pose.
>>
File: 1349548876159.jpg (127KB, 680x632px) Image search: [Google]
1349548876159.jpg
127KB, 680x632px
At the time I thought Torterra was actual perfection in Pokemon form.

Nowadays I think Torterra is actual perfection in Pokemon form.
>>
Torterra is the most based Grass starter of all time. If you like Torterra, we're already friends.
>>
>>30656969
>>30657335
Are you me
>>
>>30656071

Torterra was so badass that he retroactively made all grass starters cool and converted me from a firefag to a grassfag. Torterra was so cool that he made me choose Chikorita when HG/SS came out.
>>
I just thought that the tree on Torterra would be like a tree you could actually just sleep under. I wish it was bigger overall, still love it though.
>>
>>30656071
Best starter trio in my opinon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.