[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kagetora's sidequest What the fuck Game Freak. That

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: extreme eeveeboost.jpg (34KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
extreme eeveeboost.jpg
34KB, 600x360px
>Kagetora's sidequest

What the fuck Game Freak.
That was too real for me.
>>
Eevee's z crystal powered off the depression/death of all the Eevee users.
>>
File: fkmndicf67gx.png (519KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
fkmndicf67gx.png
519KB, 1800x1800px
>>30655146
>the eevelution's levels represent their trainer's age
>sylveon is one level below the others
>>
All that grim bullshit for an Eevee rock.
>>
>>30655146
Part of me wishes I never did that sidequest. I got a z-crystal for a pokemon I'll never use and a whole lot of depression.
>>
>>30655181

I don't think they represent the user's age since everyone calls Kagetora "young Kagetora," so they remember him as being a boy when they were teens/young adults. But Kagetora's Eeevee is 2 levels higher than everyone else's.
>>
File: Ct8xtKqXgAEDIEl.jpg (43KB, 529x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ct8xtKqXgAEDIEl.jpg
43KB, 529x440px
>that one trainer who had alzheimer's
>>
File: 1476736349639.png (130KB, 249x241px) Image search: [Google]
1476736349639.png
130KB, 249x241px
>>30655795
>that one trainer that died
>>
That one slut who still looks young due to billions of dollars of plastic surgery and treatments seemed OK.
>>
Why did the other Eevee thread get deleted? This quest was so fuckig dark

Tfw you get to the ESPeon trainer and she's fucking dead
>>
>>30656078
She sees a beautician regularly and is aware that she can't make her bones young. But the worst is the woman who can't remember any names. It's not played for laughs in the slightest
>>
>>30656129

That was the Sylveon trainer. The Espeon trainer was that old guy in the geothermal place who was tired of Pokemon battling or something, I can't remember.

That one Umbreon trainer hit me hard too. How he was this edgy as fuck guy who would hang out in graveyards but then you go there and he's just a sickly old man who senses his time is near, and you wonder if he's hanging out in that graveyard because he's aware of his own mortality or mourning dead friends.

Why did they even put this quest in the game?
>>
>>30656261
>Why did they even put this quest in the game?
Because Nips like to fuck with your emotions.
See: Every One Piece flashback ever.
The happier they are in the beginning, the harder Oda is going to fuck them later.
>>
>>30656261
Sun and Moon has surprisingly dark moments
>>
>>30656369

I can't think of anything in the franchise as dark as this though.
>>
>>30657009
moon dogey
>>
>>30657009
I dunno man, X and Y did have that plot about a man building a machine that turned two entire armies of Pokémon into stone statues, which weathered over time into slabs, all for the sake of necromancy.

I really hope Generations has an episode on this. It was my favorite plot point in X and Y, but it felt so tacked-on.
>>
File: 1481282098734.png (162KB, 324x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481282098734.png
162KB, 324x366px
>>30655146
>>
>>30657009
The widow visiting her husband's grave with his Machamp was pretty dark.
>>
Holy fuck were these quests depressing.
>>
File: 1480558453095.png (224KB, 526x438px) Image search: [Google]
1480558453095.png
224KB, 526x438px
>>30655146
>all of them are janitors or cleaning ladies
>that lady who has alzheimer's

>kagetora's eevee never evolved
>he's going to work at thrifty megamart forever

I dunno mang
>>
that long as hell z cut scene meant a lot more to me after that side quest honestly
>>
>>30656162
>>30655795
i just thought she legitimately didn't remember a literal who
>>
>>30657668
Only one was a cleaning lady, which was weird because Kagetora did say she was going to be a teacher.

The guys were all janitors because that's the only old man battle model they have.
>>
>>30657950

They have the Gentleman model too. Those guys were janitors because they were janitors.

It wasn't "weird" for that woman to have become a cleaning lady. It's to show how your dreams don't come true. She wanted to be a teacher. It never happened for her. She's just some sad cleaning lady working in a place that constantly reminds her of the life she wanted but wasn't able to have and now never will.
>>
>Chad thundercock is a janitor
>granny who can't remember shit
>guy who was hospitalized for a year, and whose son worries about him going to the graveyard so much
>the teacher woman who ended up as a janitor
>my grandma died last year
>the woman at the hotel who wants to preserve her beauty though surgeries and drugs
>the bitter old woman
>>
>>30655795
I beat the quest and don't remember this one
>>
>>30658030

It's the woman in Malie who can't remember who Kagetora is. I think the Vaporeon user.
>>
Where do I begin this mission?
>>
>>30658067
The megamart near the battle royal dome.
>>
>>30658030
Anon, I...
>>
>>30657563
That was Hapu's grandma, wasn't it?
>>
>>30655795
I just wanted to yell at her because she couldn't remember her thing with all the eeveelutions.
>>
>>30656261
The victory text for the sylveon kid was just gut-wrenching too. Like, the kid is trying to get the gravity of the situation, but just can't, and so she drops a line that is usually followed with alcohol dependency with an 'i did a bad, oh well' attitude.

That was the realest moment in the game for me, on par with the 1hp save on my last guy in the championship fight, but with incredible writing instead of incredible RNG.
>>
File: tumblr_mvclbnUMar1qkz08qo9_400.gif (752KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvclbnUMar1qkz08qo9_400.gif
752KB, 400x225px
>>30657459
OMG, what if we see it from all the perspectives of the Pokemon who were turned to stone. Just before the end they all embrace each other because they never wanted this war in the first place.

Or if we see it from a human survivor's perspective who views the aftermath from a distance, far out of harm's way.
>>
>>30657950
He didn't say she was a teacher, he said she works at a school.
>>
>>30658235
Was it? Would have to be his maternal grandmother then. Since his paternal grandfather is Hala, who is very much alive.
>>
>>30657009
>He forgot about Lusamine's frozen pokemon
I hate the little rat but seeing Pikachu frozen like that in an actual game was too dark
>>
>>30661443
Hapu, not Hau.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.