[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Zygarde the most underwhelming trio master (excluding Nekrozma)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: zygarde_100percent.png (195KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde_100percent.png
195KB, 500x500px
Is Zygarde the most underwhelming trio master (excluding Nekrozma)?

>No backstory
>No third game
>Tedious quest to find the cells
>No good forme change

The fucking dog forme has the same ATK base stats as the complete forme. The dog forme at 10% of its power has the same ATK as the mecha that's supposed to keep the ecosystem intact. All the Complete Forme does is give Zygarde +10 Sp.Atk, at the cost of 10 Spe, and 100 more HP.
>>
>>30653373
>Is Zygarde the most underwhelming trio master

Regigigas exists.
>>
Trio master of what?
He may be stronger than the bird or deer as implied by the dex, but he's done jack all to help the Kalos region when the mega weapons were active. Hell it's never even said the bird or deer came from Kalos for all we know one came from Johto ad the other from Hoenn.
>>
>>30653373
dragon dance and thousand arrows wreck shit though
>>
>>30653373
>cost of 100 more HP
That's a fuckton m8
>>
>>30653373
>tfw Z could have redeemed the shitshow known as XY
>>
>>30653468
By that logic meme comes from South America since that's where they found her
>>
>>30653544
Nah, XY was beyond broken storywise. My opinion just forget it ever happened and had an effect on any plot.
>>
>>30653373
>That HP and bulk
>Capable of setting up with Dragon Dance and Coil
>Heals upon transformation
>Access to fucking Thouand Arrows

Bait thread.
>>
>>30653373
The +10 SpA is kind of pointless, I agree. But don't underestimate the +108 HP. It's absolutely monstrous from what I hear. Thousand Arrows is also great.

Complete Zygarde is fine gameplay wise. Lore and story wise, I would have wanted a Z but I think we make fun of people who want Z.
>>
>>30653555
Does not follow.
>>
>>30653544
>>
>>30653598
he means mew.
>>
>>30653571
It's not like Emerald or Platinum added that much to their respective generations, plotwise. It's all about the extra content.

XY felt like it was laying the groundwork for a really great main series game. This game did not come. Sun/Moon feels like it's doing the same, so I hope there'll at least be a third version or sequel there.
>>
>>30653585
Not bait, I'm just a little frustrated at having to look for all these Cells then having to SR for IVs and nature

Also, they hyped up Complete Zygarde when it only has a little bit of bulk added to it
>>
>>30653649
This. All we needed was more extra content and maybe tweak the story a bit to make Zygarde relevant. But no.
>>
>>30653373
>Pokebank will bring with it Zygarde that knows Block

Will it be better now?

Impish Zygarde @ Lum berry
252 HP, 4 atk, 252 def
>Rest
>Coil/Dragon Dance
>Thousend arrows
>Block
>>
>>30653588
Gen 6 NEEDED a Z.

X&Y and the Kalos Region had so much potential that could have been fixed in Z. Diamond and Pearl were shit until Platinum fixed everything. X&Y needed that treatment too.
>>
>>30653701
Needed a bit more tweaking than that bud, literally X' plot makes no sense in the context of Lysandre's plan.
>>
>>30653697
>literally the bulkiest pokemon
>little more bulk
>>
>>30653751
Okay, a lot of bulk. I was just hoping for a little more in the attack department, but taking another look at it, I guess it isn't too bad. What's a good nature for it?
>>
>>30653697
>only has a little bit of bulk

...you clearly have never fought one
>>
>>30653697
>>30653823

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde: 504-598 (79.2 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Who needs attack when you can tank almost anything? Just use it to Toxic stall.
>>
>>30653851
You're right, I've just been breeding and training to start playing online. It's just taking me longer because I accidentally hatched a shiny Salamence with shit Sp.Atk so I have to train it up to Bottle Cap it
>>
>>30653916
Because I really really dislike stall and stall mons. Nothing fun about sitting there and using
>Toxic
>Recover
>Spikes

Over and over
>>
>>30653708
Doesn't matter whether it wanted or needed whatever. It's too late now.

Kalos will forever remain a failure, a stain on GameFreak's hands. One of many, anyway. Come back in a dozen years when they actually give a shit about XY again
>>
>>30653405
You need to nickname a Regice and give it an ice cream just to get him in ORAS. He's better for that reason alone.
>>
>>30654179
>Kalos will forever remain a failure, a stain on GameFreak's hands

Eh, they regretted Unova even more, but they still get referenced once in a while, even putting Colress in SM, so I'm sure Kalos will still get some relevancy in Stars.
>>
>>30653748
>X makes no sense meme
STOP
T
O
P
>>
>>30653468
We know from the dex entries that it is tied to Yveltal and Xerneas

But yeah that last bit is weird. We even know that Lysandre shipped in the cover legend from somewhere outside of Kalos
>>
What pokemon are people on GTS willing to give up their Zygarde for?
>>
>>30653373
Man, complete Zygarde's BST should have been 720
>>
>>30654593
It doesn't though.
>>
>>30653649
Emerald changed the plot and Platinum shifted a lot of it around, and gave us a new location
>>
>>30655218
I took a stroll through it and they all want Level 91 or higher
>Zygarde
>Solgaleo
>Lunala
>Silvally
>>
File: zygarde monitoring thread.jpg (128KB, 600x740px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde monitoring thread.jpg
128KB, 600x740px
>>30653373
If only the complete form was fucking permanent

>tedious fetch quest and all you are granted is zen mode 1,5

>after collecting ALL the cores and cells you should get the complete form as a permanent and changeable form at will with like what the cube does with the 2 other formes

>loses aura break when it should of kept it or get some super op ability that cucks xerneas and yveltal along with dark and fairy types in general Z Aura Break or whatever shitty name

>supposed to be stronger than xerneas which it isnt but is stronger than yveltal due to it shits on it with thousand arrows.

>cant fucking pet it in refresh because the comp form is fucking battle only and it HAS to lose more than 50% health to transform

>huge chance to get ohko'ed before the 10% or 50% gets to transform due to gimmicky ability but filthy casuals love it

>second most cucked trio master ever since regigigas
>>
>>30653373
I honestly kept forgetting it existed, until the quest in SM
>>
>>30655252
at least 710 to be beneath arceus in a way, since it is the guardian of the earth and the mecha forme should be permanent
>>
>>30655803
Regigigas and Zygarde aren't really comparable. Regis were already a Trio before he showed up, Zygarde is more comparable to Rayquaza or Giratina.
>>
File: 1480212045240.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1480212045240.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>30653373
>100% Zygarde isn't a permanent form and it stuck in the unboxable forms group with Meloetta, Shaymin and Hoopa
>>
>>30655899
>Trio Master

They are comparable and they both share the same role as the balancing key in their trios at least Zygarde, Gigas is pretty much just the one that created the other Regis

Yes Zygarde shares more similarities with Rayquaza, but both Gigas and Zyggy are trio masters.
>>
>>30656032
It's painful, especially considering that its optimus prime forme looks fucking great
>>
>>30653373
Regigigas is the most underwhelming of them all, it's not even a fucking question. I like the design but it's PU trash while Complete Zygarde got sent straight to Uber.

Fuck, I'd even place it before Giratina if we're talking purely mechanically. Sure Giratina got its own game but it's better off just using its old form than going Origin unlike Zygarde who should always run Power Construct.
>>
File: zygarde wojak.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde wojak.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
Gotta love game freak "When an emergency occurs, this form can take action separately from Zygarde 50% Forme, which comprises its main body. It has just a single Core performing the functions of its brain, so it can only maintain this form for a short period of time."

The 10% is also a temporary forme, but these fuckers made it into a permanent one for gameplay's sake, fucking hell and they cant do the same shit for Jigarude perfect mothafucka thoo? only fucking game freak could do shit like this
>>
>>30656154
At least the Origin form is permanent by using the griseous orb, though that might not be entirely desired to use on it. At least it does something beneficial for it by boosting its dragon and ghost moves by 20%
>>
>>30656032
>>30656101
Pkhex could help, right? :^)
>>
>>30656282
Not into hacking, but might consider it.

Just such a shame game freak dropped the ball, like usual
>>
>>30656282
Pretty sure the latest 3DS update destroyed homebrew. Unless you haven't updated it for a while, it could work
>>
>>30653697
You *can* just trade for 10% Zygarde on the GTS and disassemble them for cells instead of doing the sidequests, you know. I've gotten two 100% Zygarde's over the past couple days just by putting up WImpod and requesting Zygarde for trade.
>>
>>30655218
This is what I'm talking about:>>30656375
So wimpod is good, anybody else got success stories?
>>
>>30656268
You're sacrificing your extremely valuable item slot for a relatively shit item so you can transform, you don't even get a BST boost, just redistributed stats.
Zygarde can hold any item it wants and gets a huge BST boost after the transformation.
>>
File: 1481175198363.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481175198363.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>Deepest lore
>Make it a silly side quest
>Said side quest grants you nothing but shitty gimmick
>Said shitty gimmick is loved by casuals
>Make Optimus Primegarde only battle-forme tied to ability
>Don't let it retain the ability that should somewhat cuck xerneas, but rape yveltal regardless due to new fancy buff with thousand arrows
>Core enforcer won't be used much since thousand arrows shits on it along with 9 more base attack compared to 91 base sp atk
>It got no calm mind or sp atk boosting moves, only for atk
>You don't get to pet mechagarde
>Just game freak things, that they always fucking ruin every damn time

shitty gaimu freaku with shitty decisions

bet ohmori and masuda are raughing with heavy japanese accents
>>
>>30656442
If* you get to transform, Zygarde can get KO'ed before it gets to transform.

Yes it is nice to hold whatever item you like, but Giratina-O isn't bad either.

If only complete form actually was permanent and not locked behind power construct.
>>
>>30656537
Unless you switch in on an SE hit, then most likely you're going to transform. Once transformed it is great. 50% Zygarde has 108/120/95 defenses, so most likely you're going to pull of the transformation.
Power Construct Zygarde is mid-tier in Uber, the form being permanent would have made it top tier.
Giratina-O is shit in Uber and its only niche is Defog. Despite it being the more offensive of the two it is still neither strong enough nor fast enough to work as a sweeper, defensively it is completely outclassed by Giratina-A due to more defensive stats and actually being able to hold an item.

Look at it this way.
Zygarde Complete is an upgrade to Zygarde 50% no matter what way you look at it, you're a retard for running Aura Break over Power Construct if given the choice.
Despite Giratina-O being the newer and flashier forme of Giratina you're most likely better of runnng standard Giratina, the transformation is not worth the item slot.
Given those comparisons, I have no problem saying Giratina got the short end of the stick when it comes to new toys.
>>
>>30656764
Complete forme is undeniably an upgrade, but being locked behind power construct just isn't good.

Going by smogon rules you can't use power construct Zygarde in OU, so you have to run Aura Break, wouldn't call people retarded because they are forced into a position.
>>
So do you guys run the 10% or the 50% with Power Construct?
>>
>>30656491
I also wanted to pet the core.
>>
>>30657014
50%, the pre-transformation bulk is necessary to setup.
>>
HAHAHA MASTA PRAN EXECUTED

WE MAKE SHITTY CHICKED JIGARUDE GIMMICKU

SHITTY FETCH QUESTO ORIVA DESIHU I VARA KEIKO DIESTCHUE!!!

FAT GAJUN PIGGUS BERIEVED JIGARUDE BE KEY POCKET MONSTUAA IN SUNMOON

GAJUN PIGGUS WRONG HAHAHA

WE AT GAME FREAKU MAKE PERFECT JIGARUDE GOOD BUT BAD TIED TO SHITTY CHICKEN GIMMICKU HAHAHAH

FAT AMERICANUS THIS PAYBACK FOR HIROSHIMA

FAVORITE FROG DIED SATOSHI TAJIRI MAD

WE QUIT 3RD GAMES NOW WE MAKE SHITTY SEQUELS

SUPERSUN2 MADMOON2

WE MAKE SORUGAREO RUNAARA FUSION JIGARUDE NEXT GAMES HAHAHA GAJUN PIGGUS MAD NOW
>>
>>30656934
>Complete forme is undeniably an upgrade, but being locked behind power construct just isn't good.
If "isn't good" equals "it's not A+ or higher in Uber" then I suppose I agree.
>Going by smogon rules you can't use power construct Zygarde in OU, so you have to run Aura Break, wouldn't call people retarded because they are forced into a position.
Did you read my post at all, specifically the "if given the choice." part?
Of course you're not retarded for running Aura Break in a meta where Power Construct isn't allowed. I'd still wouldn't call you a genius though since regular Zygarde isn't particularly good in OU.

>>30657014
50%, far safer transformation into Complete.
>>
>>30655803
>>30656491
>still pushing the zygarde sucks meme in gen 7.
>>
>>30657197
>Implying that Zygarde sucks when none of the posts states that
>>
>better version of Draco Meteor ("the strongest dragon type move") because doesn't low your stats, have more accuracy and can DISABLE enemy's ability
>Earthquake more usable for doubles + guaranteed STAB
>Earthquake more usable for doubles + enemy is traped + guaranteed STAB
>Earthquake more usable for doubles + ignores Flying type, air balloon and levitate ability + enemy is smack downed so ALL others Ground type moves make effect (so you can even use Ground type Z move without retire Zygarde) + guaranteed STAB
>Dragon Dance to boost your speed and attack
>Coil to boost EVEN more your defense and attack
>Extreme Speed so who need speed
>best Rest+Sleep Talk user in the whole game
>ability auto recover a lot of HP when goes under 50% also doubles its base to 216

>some people still thinking is a shitmon

god dammit vp
>>
I wonder,can you still deconstruct a zigard when you have all 100 cells? And what happens if you do it? Do you get anything special or just more cells?
>>
>>30655880
>guardian of the earth
nice headcanon
if Gamefreak really wanted it to be relevant in that way they would've actually done something with it
>>
>>30657173
>ORIVA DESIHU I VARA KEIKO DIESTCHUE!!
wat
>>
>>30657290
>Protecting the ecosystem does not make it into the guardian of the earth

hmm
>>
he's certainly one of the harder ones to draw :(
>>
>>30656375
So you're one of those people.
>>
>>30653697
But bro, just like, use the caps, bro. I mean, GF is such a great company that they gave us the gold caps, bro.

All you have to do, bro, is level it up to 100, and then, bro, find six regular caps, or, bro, hope GF does an event where they give you a golden cap, bro.

Like, I don't see why people hate on IVs, they're like so easy to max out now, bro, with those caps. Such a great aesthetic feature, bro, having the same pokemon with random varying stats. It's all about aesthetics, bro; it's like, really immersive.
>>
>>30657341
Everyone knows that the only way to make the GTS work is to offer yourself. Might as well request something more valuable than what you're offering since somebody is almost guaranteed to make the trade while the games are still fresh.
If you're searching up pokémon on GTS then you're using the GTS wrong, every reasonable trade get sniped within seconds. You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>30657407
its weird that hyper training doesn't actually affect the IVs in any way at all. no choosing hidden power types/lowering att or speed etc. it just gives you stats as though they were maxed.
>>
File: Z WARUDO.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Z WARUDO.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>30657290
>"headcanon"
Yeah Zygarde is probably just hanging out all over the planet.
>>
>>30657471
>it's weird that GF is so up their own ass that they won't abandon IVs despite that they've been outdated trash for 3 generations

FTFY.

They'll never let it go. They think they made something special with IVs, and not that it's an old mechanic that's absolutely no fun to deal with.

It made sense in gen I, where we didn't even know they existed until quite a bit later, and even then, whether by bug or not, EV training was unlimited (it involved depositing and withdrawing from the PC when they maxed or something).

It somewhat made sense in gen II, where you could breed pokemon, so they threw in IVs and a breeder's bonus.

It somewhat made sense in gen III, where you could use macho items to guarantee 2 IV transfers.

It's been completely retarded since the Destiny Knot and now we're expected to gamble against game RNG, waiting for the correct 5 IVs to be selected; because hatching the same pokemon 100 times over is just so much fun.

What's absolutely fucked about the whole situation is that they KNOW it's a shitty system. They KNOW it's a shitty mechanic. It's why we were honey dicked with golden cap info. It's why we didn't get the full story the caps until people started playing the game.

At this point, GF is too far up its own ass to change this fucking relic of a "mechanic".
>>
>>30658007
I'm waiting for everyone to transfer everything to gen 8 and the buffs from hyper training to vanish and not be available ever again
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (101KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
101KB, 500x307px
>>30657195
wow youre a genius cus u use smogon man wow smogonites are so nice and kind since they dont always show down shit on other people for not agreeing with their fictional format hmmmmmm

wow retard kys smogonites are pathetic

>m-muh fictional rules
>m-muh real living memes
>m-muh verlisifaggoty i haeeeet him fwaa fwaaa
>you dont play smogon wooow whats wrong with you? hahah jokes on you smogonitefag fictional rules for a game that got its own rules wow

retard :)))
>>
>>30658643
(You)
>>
>>30655803
anyone shittalking zygarde is theorymoning
>>
>>30653373
Yeah but it outranks every other trio master in terms of competitiveness(not counting megas for obvious reasons)
>>
>>30653373
Literally Optimus Prime.

Am I wrong?
>>
>>30653373
Necrozma's status as the 3rd Legendary is a red herring because Lillie is the true 3rd Legendary. You heard me there folks, all that Lillie shilling is building up to that grand reveal in Stars as Lillie becomes the first Poke-Human hybrid

I was feigning sickness
>>
>>30657290
Zygarde plotwise is literally in Alola to protect it for upcoming threats, why do you think he's there? vacation?
>>
>>30660476
That's kinda weird, unless stars is a literal sequel where something big is going to happen, Zygarde had no reason to be in alola. I can only imagine that Necrozma is going to try to destroy the world or something.
>>
>>30657430
>>30656375
Hey, so what if I toss Modest Popplio and Adamant Dhelmises on there. Do you think it'd work?
>>
>>30662697
Putting up a couple of Dhelmise should land you enough 10% Zygarde to fill up the Zygarde Cube.
Dhelmise is rare and lategame so they usually disappear pretty fast from GTS.
>>
>>30662759
Oh shit, my Popplio got traded, that was fast
>>
>>30662759
>>30662794
Yeah, within like 10 minutes, I traded enough popplios for Zygardes to make a complete Zygarde
>>
>>30654179
Ah the delusion, Masuda loves XY and isnt afraid to talk about it quite often on his blog

Also "its too late now" for what? GF can do what they want. If they feel like releasing Kalos part 2 just to surprise people (and they do love this) the can do that anytime they want
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.