[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you ready for Pokémon to go down the otaku-pandering path

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: lillie_rgb_300dpi.png (3MB, 1950x3660px) Image search: [Google]
lillie_rgb_300dpi.png
3MB, 1950x3660px
Are you ready for Pokémon to go down the otaku-pandering path and become nothing but shallow waifushit like Fire Emblem, Persona and Digimon?
>>
>>30648861
You say that like it's a problem?
>>
>>30648861
It won't happen because Masuda's autism wants the mons to remain front and center.
>>
>>30648861
Are you implying it isn't already?
>>
Jesus I hope not. Persona, new FE, and Digimon are all fucking dogshit.
>>
File: lusaminesquid.png (256KB, 645x645px) Image search: [Google]
lusaminesquid.png
256KB, 645x645px
>>30648861
yes
>>
>>30648903
(you)
>>
>>30648861
>become
lol
>>
>>30648939
Notice how all of them are shit because they waifu pander? Pomemon should never be like that.
>>
>>30648861
Wasn't it like that from the very beginning?
>majority female gym leaders
>e4 usually has two female members
>female champions
>female scientists
>female npcs arguably better designed than male npcs
>most people start playing female protag after Crystal
>>
I cant wait.
>>
>>30649076
>majority female gym leaders
That's literally wrong. There are like 10 more male gym leaders than female ones.
>e4 usually has two female members
>female champions
>female scientists
So you want the game to be a sausagefest? Having more or less the same amount of males and females in a game like this is perfectly normal. And until Gen 4 most of the relevant roles like Champion and Professor were exclusive to men.
>female npcs arguably better designed than male npcs
This one I kind of agree. Most female characters are either lewd semen demon #94959 or cute lolis, while fat and old men are everywhere.
>>
File: 1480706574308.png (177KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480706574308.png
177KB, 500x500px
I'm ready.
>>
>>30648892
There's like 6 waifu mons in this gen alone. It's happening one way or another.
>>
my wife Nihilego is so cute
>>
>>30648861
>He doesn't know that Gamefreak has been honing in and pandering to the waifufags since Gen fucking 3, if not sooner.
Somebody hasn't been paying much attention, have they?
>>
>>30648861
I was ready since Misty wore a one-piece in GSC
>>
I was born ready.
>>
>>30648892
>h-how dare he focus on pokemon in a game about pokemon!
autism
>>
File: 1480805290734.png (287KB, 710x656px) Image search: [Google]
1480805290734.png
287KB, 710x656px
I'm down for it
>>
The best waifus are made from an organic attraction, not shoved into your face because you're desperate for something new to fap to.
>>
>like Persona
>implying that the first two Persona games were even good to begin with or that the games didn't only finally get good with P5

Don't even understand your Digimon complaint
>>
>>30648892
You're saying that like Masuda isn't grooming Ohmori to be his successor right in front of our eyes.
>>
File: 1481069148769.gif (439KB, 502x483px) Image search: [Google]
1481069148769.gif
439KB, 502x483px
>be nice to Hau after beating him in a battle because I don't wanna be a dick
>get locked into the gay route
>>
File: 1472435449391.png (305KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1472435449391.png
305KB, 512x384px
>play as girl
>don't want to date a guy
>also not into yuri if that would ever be an option

Can't win em all.
>>
>>30648861
>implying gen 7 is the first gen to pander to otaku
>>
>>30650871
>implying persona didn't peak with P4 and then took a nosedive
Then again the true SMT games blow all the persona games out of the water.
>>
>>30648861
Depends, will I be able to waifu my pokemon?
>>
>>30651129
Dude p5 isn't out in the West but from. What I've seen its the best yet, + its so fucking stylish
>>
>>30651129
>Then again the SMT games blow all the Persona games out of the water.
Only in the alignment system. Persona and SMT feed into each other in the combat department, so you can't say that SMT always has better combat, and they're both hard as hell (although Persona is SUPPOSED to be notably easier the Atlus difficulty still shines through). The Fusion/Customization systems are roughly the same, too, with little variances here and there, so you can't act as if SMT has some edge there.

The only place I'd say SMT consistently has Persona beat is in spin-offs, but that's mostly because the majority of Persona's spin-offs are P3/P4 panderware, which got old REAL fast.
>>
I'd be fine with that if it also became husbandoshit, but looking at SM I suspect it's just going to be the old and boring waifu pandering.

I'm still mad that Lillie is forced onto the player even if you play as Chicken-chan. With Gladion being completely irrelevant and basically asking you to marry his sister.

And to make things worse you can't even actually go the romantic route with Lillie because of Game Freak's "NO YURI ALLOWED ONLY SELF-INSERT OTAKU (MALE) SHOULD ENJOY THE LILLIE".

The poor Chicken was cucked out of the demo, cucked in the anime, and then cucked in the shipping game. The best she got was Ilima and he was a weird fag.

Too bad for Game Freak that she's like 20 times more popular than the male protag.
>>
>>30651617
The FeMC is almost always more popular than the male MC, with rare exceptions (Gold and Red are more popular than their female counterparts due to there not being female counterparts in the original games).
>>
>>30651751
Yeah but they're usually popular because people want to fuck them. When it comes to shipping the protagonist with some female NPC, the male protag is always more popular for obvious reasons.

Chicken on the other hand is popular because people want to fuck her AND want her to fuck Lillie.

If Game Freak pulled a Leaf in Stars and retconned Chicken out of existence, making Sun the "canon" person who helped Lillie during her journey, you can bet there'd be a lot of dissatisfaction among the fanbase, especially in Japan.
>>
>>30651617
Chicken still gets to enjoy Lillie in the game, any difference you could find is too minimal to say Chicken was "cucked", she got more than enough Lillie.
>>
>>30648903
This is true.
The only good japanese rpgs are Pokemon and Dragon Quest.
>>
>>30648861
I, for one, welcome our new waifushit overlords
>>
>>30648861
Yes please
>>
At least Fire Emblem has some decent waifus that fit a variety of archetypes and tastes. Pokemon is pretty much gonna go straight generic moe.
>>
>>30648861
I am very ready.
>>
>POKMEON IS DEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!11! like if u agree
I want a pokemon waifu and you can't stop me faggot
>>
You're about 10 years late.
>>
Truly, waifuism is the cancer killing entertainment.
>>
>>30648903
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>30648903
>renember when this games weere good Xd lik if u agreee anim used to b good
>>
File: 1473185702017.png (134KB, 398x389px) Image search: [Google]
1473185702017.png
134KB, 398x389px
>>30648861
Hell yeah I'm ready
I want a dozen waifu options, including the local gym leaders/E4, special in-game trades only available if you waifu'd them, and a special "Battle Hotel" where you can only progress with your waifu as a partner
>>
>>30648903
FE has always had waifus. The new marriage thing isn't too bad, in of itself, but the eugenics grind is just cancer.
>>
>>30653324
Dudebro spotted shut the fuck up, play your western garbage if you don't like it
>>>/v/
>>
So will we call any female character a waifubait just because an autist made a thread about it?

/vp/ is retarded.
>>
>>30649371
We've had a lot of grandmas dotted around too.
>>
>>30653503
Glass yourself, pillowfucker.
>>
>>30653490
This unfortunately.

Hopefully it dies down in a couple of months.
>>
>>30653490
you seem triggered
>>
>>30653542
Fucking make me nigger
>remember when pkimon was good and all 'bout the deep plot? Pepperidge farm remembers XDXDXD
Waifus are the ultimate form of entertainment
>>
>>30648861
As long as there are husbandos too then I won't mind.
>>
>>30651751
This
>Serena >>> Calem
>Rosa >> Nate
>Hilda >>>> Hilbert
>Dawn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lucas

Weird enough I feel like May isn't that much more popular than Brendan even though she's the most popular female protagonist.
>>
>>30653779
>more popular
>proceeds to cite his own opinion

Nice.
>>
>>30653690
There won't be because we otakushit now, and otaku hate men getting in the way of their waifus. They also hate fujoshits and otomewhales and anything that can potentially pander to them.

Males are only acceptable, of course, if said males are perverted losers or entities devoid of any personality, so it's easier to self-insert as them.
>>
>>30653833
>butt mad roastie
>>
>>30653690
The main Pokemon demographic is young males.

Why would they include husbandos?
>>
>>30653779
I think Hilbert is equally as popular as Hilda but you're right about the others

>>30653863
Not really
>>
>>30653593
>all this projection

At least you'll never spread your disgusting genes, so I suppose waifuism has its perks.
>>
>>30653894
Steven stone is more popular
>>
>>30653894
Yes it is.

Young males/kids are the main demographic, therefore will make characters that they respond to. Whether in the form of male MC's or have a bunch of cute animu girls in the game.

It's literally marketing 101
>>
>>30653915
And? Weren't you talking about the protagonists?
>>
>>30653806
Not an opinion. It's based on game sales. It really comes down between May and Dawn because R/S and D/P are the two best selling games with a female protagonist. The reason why May takes it, however, is because of ORAS. There are a lot of people who never played R/S or D/P, but played ORAS. Add them to everyone who played the Original Gen 3 games and it's not even close.
>>
yes because i'm not gay
>>
>>30648861
Yeah, I remember when Pokemon had well-written female characters that weren't just waifu-bait.

I'll probably think of one while I remember all of the male characters that were interesting and well-written. There was N. I'm sure there's like a dozen more. The girls too, I'll seriously think of one any second now. Gen 1 alone probably has like a 20 of them because it was the best.
>>
>>30653901
What are you talking about senpai i'm a 11/10 and masturbate to pokemons getting filled faggot lmoa waifus are inevitable and there is nothing you can do about it.
>in the next pokemon there are only cute moe grills (male) & pokemon and everyone wants your dick
>>
>>30653965
I'm not disagreeing about the marketing thing, I'm disagreeing about the main demographic being males. Most of the players are probably male but Pokemon is a lot more appealing to girls than most games for some reason.
>>
>>30653863
Because at least 30% of the fanbase is comprised of girls.

Why would they completely ignore a considerable chunk of the fanbase when they could simply pander to everyone and get more sales?
>>
>>30653972
>Not an opinion. It's based on game sales.

How the fuck do you correlate game sales to popularity of an MC, since you can play as either?

>It really comes down between May and Dawn because R/S and D/P are the two best selling games with a female protagonist.

Are you actually retarded? What does having a female protag have to do with sales? Where is the causation?

>the rest of the post

Not proof either.

You say one protagonist is more popular than the other, but have no proof. Take a survey in which protagonist did the players pay as, don't just spout out meaningless BS.

This is the same when people said that FemShep was the most popular one of ME. But then actual stats came out and way more people played as the male.
>>
>>30654145
>but Pokemon is a lot more appealing to girls than most games for some reason.

True, but the fanbase is still primarily male.

The only fanbase that was primarily female in a videogame is Sims.
>>
>>30653338
Are you... are you stalking him?
>>
>>30654153
Just ignore him dummy.
>>
Dawn is the most popular feMC because she was the most popular out of the 3 feMCs that were relevant in the ashnime
>>
File: 18ie6sg7gatq8jpg.jpg (140KB, 636x1151px) Image search: [Google]
18ie6sg7gatq8jpg.jpg
140KB, 636x1151px
>>30654153
>But then actual stats came out and way more people played as the male.

It was surprisingly actually.
>>
>>30648861
Can't wait
>>
>>30654183
Most GO normies are girls though
>>
>>30649371
I think you misread my post. I meant that with all the females around, it's always kind of been pandering waifu bullshit. Not that it's a bad thing.
>>
>>30648903
all still better than rehashing the same game for 20 years with extra genwun pandering
>>
>>30648861
Better copying those than trying to copy Yokai Watch
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.