[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are IVs and EVs even a thing on top of natures and abilities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

File: 1468411471451.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468411471451.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Why are IVs and EVs even a thing on top of natures and abilities? No wonder this game franchise has been fucking dead since Gen III, it's the same reason YGO and Digimon went to fuck. All those franchises have left nowadays is trying to cash in on nostalgia. If next game isn't Kanto remake or game that takes place in it(even if partially like G/S), I am dropping this franchise again just like after R/S. There's just so much disgusting shit in this game that I have to question who even runs this show:

>competitive tournaments are fucking double matches which should have been relegated to a meme minigame and never competitive
>they allow legendaries
>retarded grindy ass RNG gated time sinks like iv/nature breeding which encourage cheating
>super half assed designs that put shit like voltorb and mr mime on higher tiers by comparison
>moving away from exploration and nature/animal based designs
>retarded overdesigned digimon shit
>complexity and power creep due to lack of creativity instead of a more lateral creep

Once they re-open pokebank and the influx of returning players realize how retarded this all is, Pokemon is going back to decay unless they really step their game up with a reboot or serious changes to tackle all the issues they have. They've also done away with many fantastic mechanics they've introduced but forget on a gen to gen basis.

The one thing these shitty games have going for them are waifus but there's better waifu centric games out there so I fear for what the future has for GameFreak and Pokemon as a whole.
>>
[some variation of bait.jpg]
>>
>>30648746
I was about to explain why IVs and EVs exist, but then I realized that this is bait.

`_>` try harder next time
>>
>>30648746
>>
>>30648794
>I was about to explain why IVs and EVs exist, but then I realized that this is bait.
There is literally no good reason for IVs to exist. However EVs and natures can help you create alternative builds to Pokemon.
>>
>>30648817
hidden power

/thread
>>
File: d98.jpg (27KB, 563x601px) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
27KB, 563x601px
ok guys, bait thread, post your best bait image
>>
File: 1407799220397.gif (1MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1407799220397.gif
1MB, 359x202px
>>
>>30648846
Yet another thing that almost exclusively benefits cheaters or no lifers who can spend hours and hours farming.
>>
File: bait.jpg (45KB, 580x464px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
45KB, 580x464px
>>30648852
You know, I was thinking to make a bait folder, and this looks like a good thread for that.

Bring on the bait pictures, /vp/.
>>
>>30648817
IVs should exist but not in the ways the game uses them. If your pokemon's biological difference could affect the way it fights it would be cool, and I dont mean in a nature way, but something with more variability. Like having certain moves be learned by a pokemon with high defense IVs and low attack IVs that another one couldn't. However they shouldn't affect the stats, because by doing so a perfect set is created and variability is thrown out the window inmediately. There is no reason why your pokemon should have less than 27 IVs in any stat right now, and that means that by design they have failed to add anything meaningful to the game aside from grinding eggs.

>>30648882
>cheaters or no lifers who can spend hours and hours farming
who else cares enough to get into competitive?
>>
>>30648817
IVs exist so that virtually every Pokemon you find in-game will be different, (not including mons bred competitively) and therefore more "real"
>>
File: bait the movie.webm (184KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bait the movie.webm
184KB, 960x540px
>>
File: 1420144201441.png (346KB, 646x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1420144201441.png
346KB, 646x1261px
>>
File: mega bait.gif (226KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
mega bait.gif
226KB, 300x153px
>>
File: bait nuke.png (69KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait nuke.png
69KB, 625x626px
>>
>>30648959
And they can't do that in any other way? As it is, it hurts the main fucking thing in the game which is battling. The only way they could fix if is to have FIXED IVs in online just how levels are regulated to 50. Or at least allow anyone to select their spread as they wish.
>>
>>30649055
how else would they do it?

they can't really make any asthetic changes to Pokemon other than the pattern shit that they already do on stuff like Spinda

setting a random value of 0-31 six times seems like a good way to make sure every Pokemon is unique (unless you get really lucky)
>>
>>30649251
>how else would they do it?
>>30648930
>>
>>30649351
every mon having different stats is a lot more diverse/different than just having some mons of the same species not be able to learn a move that the others can
>>
>>30649251
>setting a random value of 0-31 six times seems like a good way to make sure every Pokemon is unique (unless you get really lucky)
>90% of people don't know or give a shit about ivs
>they wouldn't even notice the difference
I mean, there's gonna be a more noticeable thing. As is, you could delete IVs and normalfags would use abilities and natures as a way to get their taste of diversification because the game literally tells them.
>>
File: lilliebait.png (216KB, 469x357px) Image search: [Google]
lilliebait.png
216KB, 469x357px
>>
>>30649055
That's why the made bottle caps a thing. You can max out a Pokemon's IVs now. It's still a pain in the ass to do though, since you have to farm bottle caps and get your pokemon to level 100, in a game with no good grinding spots and no O-Powers.
>>
>>30649793
>in a game with no good grinding spots and no O-Powers.
Why did they remove O powers anyway? It seems like the festival plaza would compliment that nicely.
>>
File: 1481168150924.jpg (78KB, 680x729px) Image search: [Google]
1481168150924.jpg
78KB, 680x729px
It's another shitter bitches about variation in a game about battling fantasy creatures episode
>>
>>30648746
EVs exist to allow you to customize your pokemon's stats to a certain degree.

IVs exist to waste your time and benefit hackers.
>>
>>30650069
>customize your pokemon's stats to a certain degree.
In an invisible way.
>>
>310 posts, 50 images not shown
At least let the last thread die before making a new one
>>
>>30651280
What thread?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.