[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Singles or Doubles, /vp/? I'm actually a fan of both, however

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (20KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
20KB, 256x192px
Singles or Doubles, /vp/?
I'm actually a fan of both, however I slightly prefer Singles because of muh stall.
>>
File: theworst.png (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
theworst.png
100KB, 500x500px
>>30642568
Doubles since Triples are gone ;-;
>>
Battle Royale because triples are gone
>>
>>30642568
Singles since that's how the game was made to be played. Doubles was a copout they deferred to since they lost control of their game.
>>
>singles don't have 6v6

I don't even fucking care anymore Gamefreak can't do online for shit.
>>
How do I get gud at doubles?
I have more fun playing it but I am bad at it.
>>
>>30642568
Doubles
I enjoy VGC, but wish there was an option for full 6v6 double battles online.
>>
>>30644628
Even gamefreak knows that battles would just become long battles that could eventually just be stall (not in game, but real time)

isnt that they added the "your timer" clock to make sure you just can't wait out the move clock every turn?

basically, 6v6 ends up taking too long and has the potential to unless you are in triples when it could end in 2 turns, but too bad those are gone
>>
>>30642568
Why aren't there more Double Battles in the series? The game has you do them, but never encourages you to build up any kind of strategy for them, either. They just feel like sudden random departures from the usual.
>>
Rotation

;_;
>>
>>30644736
Fucking this, I never bothered learning how to doubles because I've never got used to them. It took long enough to git gud at singles and nowadays I don't have the time to go full autist on doubles too.
>>
>>30642568
Singles
>>
>>30642712
>Singles since that's how the game was made to be played
You can't say this when they've made Doubles the main format and designed the entire game around it for nearly 15 years and the only reason it didn't exist prior was due to technological limitations.
>>
>>30645368
>the only reason it didn't exist prior was due to technological limitations.
I legitimately think the only reason they went for doubles was to make it faster paced. What I don't get is why keeping them so irrelevant in the main games.
>>
>>30644736
>>30645291
They did in Gen 3 with a lot of double battle triggers and the Pokemon Colosseum games. But, you know, kids and casualization and shit.
>>
>>30645368
Why make nearly every ingame battle singles only to completely throw it out the window for competitions?
>>
>>30645427
>>30645433
See >>30645428
The only reason I could think is that Doubles strategies can be extremely hard for kids to wrap their head around. I'm sure Tate and Liza were roadblocks for a lot of kids who normally just clicked their starter's strongest move and I know Colosseum was super hard for younger kids.
>>
>>30645482
>The only reason I could think is that Doubles strategies can be extremely hard for kids to wrap their head around.
In story mode you wouldn't need to learn rocket sciences. If the AI was competent even strategies for singles could fuck kids up. Just saying, imagine if more trainers used entry hazards. No kid would run rapid spin or defog.
>>
Singles. I've always done 6v6 with friends and Battle Mason got me very accustomed to 3v3.
>>
>>30642568
I like both but would really appreciate doubles (with some strategy, not just two pokemon together) featured more in the main games

its painful when you + rival gets challenged by two ingame enemies, only to do single battles ("you take on that one! leave this guy to me!")
>>
>>30645515
Like I said, the thing about Doubles is that it's just harder all around. You can't just spam your starter and you can't just rely on STAB from one mom to sweep. I'm not saying they shouldn't make doubles the main format, they definitely should, but kid-friendliness is the only reason I can see them backpedaling so hard from the official format that was pushed super hard in Gen 3.
>>
>>30645482
The Claydol's bulk is why Tit and Lesbo were hard.
>>
>>30645578
All they need to do is put more doubles in the story. I mean totem fights can be hard as fuck depending on your team, so it's not like they are THAT scared of putting some challenge.
>>
>>30645616
I think the Colosseum idea would work better. Keep the main games mostly singles and then have your side games that have a little more mature themes/tones with a noticble doubles difficulty spike.

Bring back Colosseum already, fuck.
>>
multi-battle > doubles > singles
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.