[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I not let Minior self-destruct? Is leading with a Ghost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1481080409639.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481080409639.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
How do I not let Minior self-destruct? Is leading with a Ghost type enough or should I use a Damp type instead?
>>
A poke will still self destruct against a ghost, it just won't hurt the ghost. The poke will still alola ackbar.
>>
>>30628959
Damp
Minior will still blow up in your face if you lead with a ghost mon, just in vain?

In this your first pokémon game by the way?
>>
Why do you care? Minior can't SOS anyway, just get one in a quick ball or sleep it right away.
>>
>>30629034
I play my wife's son's game occasionally.
>>
>>30629042
Balltism is a thing, anon.
>>
>>30629042
If you breed Minior they come out as the same color as the parent, maybe that's why
>>
>>30629042
Beast Balltism
>>
>>30629042
>Sleep right away on Minior
You're no better than the A.I.
>>
Speaking of minior, what's the best set? I like him a lot and ive been thinking about it but im not sure where its most effective to put his EVs. any suggestions?
>>
>>30629034
wow rude
The AI tries to use SE attacks on you. I just wanted to know if they refrained from ineffective moves if they had the choice.

Yellow btw
>>
>>30629117
@White Herb
Shell Smash
Acrobatics
Any rock move
Some filler move
>>
>>30629124
>The AI tries to use SE attacks on you.
Wild Pokémon pick attacks completely randomly
>>
What's shiny minior look like?
>>
>>30629196
Black
>>
>>30629124
>The AI tries to use SE attacks on you.
Have they changed that for wild pokémon now?
I know trainers have better AI, as well as totem pokémon and legendaries. But regular wild pokémon seem to just use whatever move they want.
>>
>>30629196
black with rainbow spots
>>
>>30629117

Depends, there are two ways to run him.

1) Bulky "you can't status me" utility mon with Stealth Rock, Explosion, etc. makes a pretty good lead. HP and ATK, or split ATK into Def/SpDef if you're going full utility.

2) Sweeper. Shell Smash + White Herb followed by Acrobatics is a superb combo, and he also gets Rock Slide and Earthquake for pretty good coverage. ATK, then what you invest into SPEED depends on what you want to be able to outspeed whilst in Core Form with Shell Smash buffs, otherwise it goes into HP so you can reliably sponge damage. Going only HP won't activate your Core Form at the right moment, going only Speed will lead to wasted points most of the time.

You can also run him as a special attacker, he has the stats for it - but no Flying STAB and all he really has is Power Gem, Charge Beam, a HP of your choice or Psychic/Dazzling Gleam. Fun, but physical attacker is better imo.
>>
>>30628959
Damp Parasect with false swipe. No worries.
>>
>>30629124
>The AI tries to use SE attacks on you

No, that's wrong.

Trainer and Gym Leader/Totem AI have their movesets weighted so that they are vastly more likely to choose SE moves over anything else and vice versa for non-effective moves, but they can still try to Double Edge a Ghost.

Wild Pokemon have no real A.I., and all 2-4 of their moves are wighted equally and it will randomly try to do whatever it wants. The only exceptions to this are fleeing, calling for help, and legendaries (which each have a slightly modified trainer AI).

Battle Tower AI from Crystal to HGSS actually had each individual moveset come with it's own subroutine, and the trainer's AI was set to be able to switch when appropriate as well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.