[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grass/Ghost was a brand new type combo in gen 6 so pretty late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 709.png (167KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
709.png
167KB, 475x475px
Grass/Ghost was a brand new type combo in gen 6 so pretty late and yet Grass is already the most common type to be combined with Ghost

Which one did it the best?

IMO

1. Trevenant/Phantump. Great design, spooky tree with cool lore,
2. Gourgeist/Pumpkaboo. Haunted pumpkin. Youd think Pokemon will realise its a great idea way earlier but either way they finally did.
3. Dhelmise. Love the design but i thought its Water/Ghost, Steel/Ghost, Water/Steel or even Grass/Steel. Grass/Ghost seems odd but ok
4. Decidueye. Love the line but the ghost typing just doesnt make sense
>>
>>30623313
I love Trevenant and Decidueye, and I like Dhelmise and Gourgeist
>>
>>30623313
Decidueye is shit
Pumpkin should've been Grass/Fire
Anchor should have been Ghost/Water or steel

So Trevenant did it best.
>>
File: 610.png (16KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
610.png
16KB, 256x256px
>>30623313
Trevenant as Grass/Ghost is perfect.
Gourgeist should have been Grass/Fire.
Dhelmise should have been Water/Ghost so we could actually have a new set of Ghosts that conveniently form a FWG core.
Decidueye should have had its Shiny's colors as default if they were going to make it Ghost.
>>
it makes sense, look the green man

spirits have always been associated with greenery
>>
>>30623313
Spooktree is one of my favorite pokemon of all time desu.
>>
Pumpkaboo is amazing but I don't like Gourgeist
>>
>>30623313
I really wanted to like Decidueye, but it's look and it's moveset really doesn't match.

Trevenant though is pretty badass
>>
File: phantump_by_theangryaron-d6y0rgn.png (228KB, 1024x790px) Image search: [Google]
phantump_by_theangryaron-d6y0rgn.png
228KB, 1024x790px
Trevenant fits the quintessential archetype I pictured when someone said grass/ghost before grass/ghost existed.
Dhelmise has the most interesting spin on the typing, in my opinion. I was really intrigued to read its Pokedex entry and notice the typing when I first caught one (somehow was one of the few new Pokemon I didn't look at prior to playing.
Decidueye looks cool, but the ghost typing seems a little like a superfluous add-on at the end. But overall, I think Decidueye makes it work. Ghostly sniper makes sense I guess.
I think Gourgeist looks like Marzipan from Homestar Runner. Pumpkaboo is cute though.
Overall, my favorite is Phantump.
>>
I love all of them. Except assassin's creed.
>>
Gourgeist could have been Grass/Fire.
Decidueye feels like it was Grass/Flying until fairly late into development.
Dhelmise could easily be several other type combos. I would have preferred Ghost/Steel with Waterworker + Water-type Anchor Shot (Heavy Slam and Gyro Ball are good enough Steel moves).

Design-wise, Dhelmise > Trevenant > Phantump > Decidueye > Gourgeist = Pumpkaboo but I like all of them (though I picked Litten for type variety).
>>
>>30625264
>Decidueye feels like it was Grass/Flying until fairly late into development.
I think it only feels like that because we knew about it for so many months and just assumed it would stay the same type.

There's already a lot of Ghost types this gen, and no other Grass/Flying types, I think they only slap a type on at the last minute in situations like with Jellicent where it was a designed as a pure water type but there were already so many that gen, and in total, they slapped Ghost onto it.

People have related Decidueye to an extinct species of owls, Hawaiian owl spirits, and the association owls have with death in certain cultures, so that could be why.

My favorite of all these Pokemon is probably Decidueye, but my favorite AS A GHOST TYPE is probably Dhelmise.
>>
>>30623313
Phantump > Dhelmise > Pumkaboo >>>>>>>>>>>>> Shittree > Gayrgeist >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reddithoot
>>
>>30625431
>I think it only feels like that because we knew about it for so many months and just assumed it would stay the same type.
Just look at its Z-Move. It's literally a Flying attack with arrows. The only thing indicating Ghost is the purple background.
>>
File: 1479220844368.png (114KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
1479220844368.png
114KB, 400x556px
Trevenant line and Dhelmise are both top tier for me, designwise. Trevenant is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon. I do wish Dhelmise was Water/Ghost or Steel/Ghost instead, but that didn't stop me from using it on the same team as a Decidueye.
I like the Pumpkaboo line (mostly because I have a soft-spot for Halloween), but as others have said, Pumpkaboo>Gourgeist.
Spookowl is a neat looking starter, and I was planning on choosing it before its typing was revealed, but is the least ghost-y of the 4 lines and gets points deducted for lack of effort.
>>
>>30623313

I like how gourgeist and trevenant are still relevant this gen thanks to Z-forest curse and Z-trick or treat, GF made sure they arent 100% outshadowed by spooky anchor this time

Deciduoeye was a mistake, should have been faster to differentiate from the other 3 ghost grass which have better defenses and actual access to trick-room, tripple stab or stat boost moves and better abilities.
>>
>>30623313
Dhelmise is fucking amazing. Haunted seaweed using the anchor as a body, wheel as a head, and compass as an eye. Triple STAB and the trapping move actually makes sense, you "anchor" your opponent to the battle. They clearly put a lot of thought and work into it, designing it from the ground up into what it is.

Decidueye is like they knew Grass/Flying is a shit type and weren't competent enough to optimize it, so at the last minute they copypasted a superior grass concept on it, gimmick included.

Trevenant is one of my favorite mons and I wish Gourgeist got Flash Fire and Flare Blitz.
>>
File: HNI_0053.jpg (9KB, 207x204px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0053.jpg
9KB, 207x204px
>>30625652
Are you me?
>>
>>30623933
>Literally shiny Mega Gardevoir color scheme

Are there any other mons like this?

I like it.
>>
>>30623313
Dhelmise should of been grass steel and instead its ability should of been ghost worker
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.