[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Loved her design tooment she was announce >Dead set, I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5628.jpg (533KB, 920x1250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5628.jpg
533KB, 920x1250px
>Loved her design tooment she was announce
>Dead set, I'd be putting her in my main game team
>Stats were announced
>No coverage
>45 Speed
>Figure "fuck it, I'll manage"
>Spends the entire game as a huge liability
>Learns Solar Blade way to late into the game
Ended up replacing her with Nebby. Probably my only disappointment of gen 7.
>>
>>30610410

Cool.
>>
>>30610410

Okay.
>>
>>30610410

nice
>>
>>30610410

Great
>>
>>30610410

Interesting
>>
>>30610410
Waste of a good mon.
>>
>>30610410

Wow
>>
>>30610410

Alright.
>>
>>30610447
>>30610463
>>30610473
>>30610504
>>30610516
>Samefagging this hard
Reddit is that way kiddo
>>
>>30610410
Amazing.
>>
>>30610447
>>30610463
>>30610473
>>30610489
>>30610504
>>30610507
>>30610516
>>30610536
At least 5 of these are (You)'s. Is that enough?
>>
>>30610410

shut the fuck up
>>
>>30610540

>Butthurt over the ironic single-word posting meant to bring attention to how uninspiring the blogpost was

Autism.
>>
JUST
>>
>>30610557
>>30610540

He's the only one keeping this terrible thread alive.
>>
>>30610410
Grass type usually ends up as UU/OU bullshit stall mon or useless PU mon. Sweepers usually get shafted. Just look at Tsareena.
>>
>>30610410

did this really deserve its own thread?
>>
I ended up building her with Leaf Storm + Contrary nature, Substitute, Synthesis and Brick Break, carrying Leftovers.

She doesn't have enough in her kit to build around. Especially since her only other natural type moves are bug moves, barring a few TMs.

You can tell they really want you to build her onto a solar powered team. Leaf Guard, Solar Blade, Solar Beam, Weather Ball, Synthesis.

I still try to run her as a Contrary, but she's not Serpentine, mostly because she has less than half her speed. If her speed were something like 90, she'd be fine. I really don't want to set up my whole team to revolve around sunny day just because GF had a hard on for type casting this one design, though.
>>
>>30610557
>>30610540

At least two of these are autistic.
>>
>>30610410
>fight one as your 3rd Totem
>literally the hardest fight in the game by some distance if you didn't pick Litten
>finally get your own Lurantis
>it's shit

Fucking Gamefreak.
>>
>>30610410
Slick.
>>
>>30610410
>>30610670

Legit though, in the spirit of "take this pokemon and make it better", two steps.

>Base Speed 45 -> 55
>Give it Chlorophyll

There, it's viable.
>>
>>30614299
I'd rather see the base speed itself doubled and just not have Chlorophyll, as that would make Contrary builds also viable.
>>
File: 763Tsareena.png (889KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
763Tsareena.png
889KB, 1280x1280px
>love its design
>wanted to use one since Bounsweet was revealed
>stats announced
>120 Attack
>good bulk
>usable speed
>amazing ability can let her switch in on priority moves no problem
Not perfect, but she has everything she needs and Trop Kick is an amazing signature move, I'm so happy to be a grassfag.

I like Lurantis too, but maybe you should get on the Tsareena train, OP.
>>
>>30614873
Nothing wrong about her, although she might fall out of UU. Still fine.

I put U-Turn on her and have her as my lead. She hits pretty hard.
>>
>>30610410
This was (me) in gen V with petal dance own tempo lilligant.
>>
>>30610670
I honestly don't think they gave her contrary with leaf storm shenanigans in mind. Her special movepool is barren so I think they simply intended her to benefit from people using intimidate or liquidation on her
>>
>>30610410
Leaf Blade / Leech Life / Brick Break / Aerial Ace is actually pretty good coverage for in-game when considering what Grass-types usually get (way too often just Grass and Normal)
>>
>>30614940
Probably. It seems like another mon that has no real direction in its design. Probably just another design that was left behind in development with a lot of safe decisions. I doubt the bank is going to change anything other than her position dropping like a rock. Especially since she's basically just a VERY slow Serpentine with fewer moves and attack power she won't be using.

It's too bad, since the design is pretty good for this gen.
>>
>>30614828
The trouble being that Contrary isn't great on Lurantis, all you have going for that is Leaf Storm.

On the mentality of "it has Leaf Guard," Chlorophyll is a logical next step.

A spike in base speed like 45 -> 90 would be a heavy ask, considering most buffs and nerfs to raw stats come in shifts of 5 and 10. Conversely, "it got a new ability" is something that happens with some frequency.

The viability of Contrary builds is dependent on Lurantis getting more stat-drop moves than Leaf Storm.

Meanwhile, 45 base speed is at the awkward position of asking "is this low enough for a Trick Room team?"
Which is an awkward question considering it already wants to be in a Sun team.
Then again I'm shy to Trick Room as it is, so it might just be my personal bias.
>>
>>30615030
It never should have been released with such a low base speed in the first place. Although knowing GF, especially being a Japanese company, it will stay that way for the rest of time.

And usually Contrary builds are there mainly to get a 2 stage buff while attacking for some other STAB or type move, so having more of them would be nice but not that big a deal. The other part of it being it makes them immune to stat debuffs, which is nice but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

In terms of Lurantis, it's going to come down to how badly you do or don't want to run a sun comp. Especially with the bank closed, right now it's more trouble than it's worth.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.