[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has pokemon ever helped cope with things growing up? It has for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (686KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
686KB, 1080x1080px
Has pokemon ever helped cope with things growing up? It has for me. As a kid I used go on imaginary adventures with my pokemon. I was a lonley boy.
>>
no but it made my masturbation habit worse
>>
I did that too OP
>>
Wanking to Flannery has always been a great way to relieve stress.
>>
>>30609032
It's helping cope through a relationship that's steadily falling apart
>>
I got my first videogame system at a time when child services split me and my mom from our Dad because of his rampant alchoholism. It was a lonely christmas. Pokemon was the third or fourth game I ever owned and I feel like it helped me get through a lot.
>>
I'm 27 and I still do that.
>>
>>30609032
>parents are an alcohol
>beat me
>jaw had to be welded back together
>still doesn't connect right
>burn scars all over back and left arm
>grandma bought me gameboy and pokemon
>>truly, this is escapism
>I now have a moderately healthy relationship with my parents
>Olivine City was one of my favorite cities because music and shuckle
>still nostalgias me a decade and some change later
>that shuckle was displaced and unwanted just like me
>I cri ever tim
>>
File: 1479528670896s.jpg (2KB, 125x108px) Image search: [Google]
1479528670896s.jpg
2KB, 125x108px
>>30609403
Jesus christ those sound like the kind of people I would be ashamed to be associated with
>>
>>30609502
Thus I never take anyone home to them. My dad is pretty funny now though. When I was like 18 or 19 I had a buddy over and we were watching Ancient Aliens and playing pokemon. My dad didn't think anyone was home. He kicked open the door and screamed "DONKAAAY!" in Shrek voice. I've never laughed harder in my entire life.
>>
>>30609032
>growing up
Haha yeah...only growing up.
>>
File: table.jpg (17KB, 421x399px) Image search: [Google]
table.jpg
17KB, 421x399px
>>30609032
At some point I made imaginary friends of my Pokemon to cope with abuse, neglect and suicidal thoughts. It feels really fuckin' odd to talk about it now. I had a whole six things that cared about me and were there for me and wanted me around, that would be sad if I died. All I wanted was just one person like that. And then I had six. Like fuckin' Christmas.

They'd be there. They'd just be there. They didn't get angry, with me, anyway. They'd give me a hug, if I wanted it. I'd get wrapped up in blankets so I could feel it too. They'd talk to me and go on about their day and the adventures they'd had and how they felt about each other. There was a whole group dynamic. The psychic liked to stick close to me, it understood things the best and was the smartest. The ghost was antagonistic of a few of the others because it thought it was funny. The fighter was really big on justice and protecting others. That kind of thing. They'd all urge me to do things like eat, some would push for chores so I wouldn't get hurt more, others suggested just running away, and eventually they all wanted me to seek help.

They left one day. Like, halfway through the years visiting the psych, I remember just realising they weren't there. It hurt. The last thing I remember is them being happy, that they were proud of me. Fuck.
>>
>>30609032
Yes. There was a time in my life when I thought I'd only get to fap to nude women. Fortunately, Pokemon was there for me to broaden my horizons a bit. Bounsweet Buttplug, anyone?
>>
>>30609032
Three years ago on Christmas my mother went medically crazy and was in the hospital for two months because of it.
I spent pretty much every day during that time breeding perfect battling pokemon to give away to a group of people that liked playing online. Breeding had just enough mindlessness on my lows and just enough planning on my highs to keep me distracted from my anxiety.

I've used Pokemon to help combat most of my lows beforehand but that was the most escapism I had in recent memory.
>>
>>30609032
when I went to my dad's house, I'd spend the whole time playing my GBA
one day my stepmother kicked the glass parts of the door in with her bare feet when they had a huge argument
next day I got taken to get Deoxys from the Destiny Deoxys event for Leaf Green and my friend's copy of Emerald he got from America, since it wasn't out in the UK yet
didn't help me cope though
I didn't really care about any of that stuff, because I only noticed how weird that shit was when I was like 17 and I thought, oh shit that was kinda strange thinking back to it

thank God for the guide on what to do with that Deoxys triangle that they handed me, otherwise I would have noticed the fucked up shit sooner and not have had that perfect escapism with Pokemon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.