[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey John what should we do about the Pokemon distribution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

>Hey John what should we do about the Pokemon distribution in Sun and Moon?
>Zubat, Meowth, Rattata, Diglett, Slowpoke, Magikarp. Put them everywhere.
>But John, we're celebrating 20 years of Pokemon, not just Kanto. What about the others?
>I don't know. Just put Wingull or Lillipup or something. Those are Pokemon, right?
>Okay. And what about the new Pokemon? Even if it is an anniversary title this is still a new generation in a new region.
>Yungoos.
>...That's it?
>That's it.
>>
>hey john check out all these cool new pokemon designs we ma..
HIDE THEM IN RARE FISHING SPOTS WITH 1% ENCOUNTERS
>>
>>30608539
Or 5% encounters in semi-optional areas like trials after you've cleared them.
>>
>wahhh i have to look for rare pokemon wahhhhh
>>
For the first pokemon game that doesn't tie you to HM users, SM sure had a shit Pokémon selection. There were some standouts like Mudsdale, but team building was a little annoying at times.
>>
>>30608734
This. I can't wait until bank's updated so I can grab random things I want to use rather than SM's piss-poor selection.
>>
>>30608483
I had a full Alolan party when I got to Akala.
How much of a shitter are you?
>>
>>30608539
>OMG rare pokmeons are so hard to find!!!

I fucking hate this new generations of handholding babbies
>>
>>30608734
this is true. finding a non-physical pokemon i wanted to use was hard. of course finding something fast was also very hard.
>>
This is one of the problems with having a limited amount of new Pokemon: you end up having to fall back on Pokemon players have been catching for over a decade.
>>
>>30608686
>pokemon native to a region are way, way rarer than the same common yard trash we've been catching for 20 years
>>
>he thinks kakui was lying when he said the region is full of rare pokemon
>>
>>30609431

Or instead of shitposting you can apply some critical thinking or even a modicum of empathy and realize that having low encounter rates for all of the new pokemon make this game's pokemon variety feel really redundant from older gens
>>
>>30609628
>native means it's common
retard
>>
>>30609431
It would be fine if this was the standard since Gen I. Pulling this, this late into the game, is bullshit.
>>
Maybe I just got lucky but by the second island the old old Pokemon still in my party was Metapod. Old Pokemon were common in the first few routes but I had no issue replacing them with new bros soon enough.
>>
>>30609653
The hard truth is most people outside of your /vp/ bubble don't mind playing with older Pokemon.

It's mostly a /vp/ thing to obsess over playing with only new pokemon.
>>
>>30609675
>I'd be okay with it if it was established as part of a pattern.

/vp/.txt
>>
>>30609657
If nonnative species are more common in an environment than the species that actually evolved there that's a major problem.
>>
>>30609431

THERES TOO MANY OF THEM YOU FUCKING APOLOGIST!

NO ONE WANTS TO BE A SLAVE TO RNG WHEN IT COMES TO AS SIMPLE AS WANTING TH USE THE POKEMON YOU WANT IN A PLAYTHROUGH!
>>
>>30609628
It's Game Freak making an elaborate commentary on invasive species to try and do their part to save the world.
>>
>>30609612
Not really. All they had to do was not give half the new Pokemon 1%, 5%, and 10% encounter rates in very specific and limited locations. So people could, you know, actually encounter them without having to intentionally go out of their way and dig through piles of Magikarp and Meowth.
>>
>>30609431
>OMG wanting more than 8 pokemon to have a higher than 10% chance is handholding

I fucking hate the generation right after mine that decided that wanting things to be reasonable automatically meant that you were a whining baby that wanted their hand held.

These distributions are a fucking travesty of game design and you should feel bad for supporting them.
>>
>>30610097
>Travesty of game design
Pokemon always has and always will be about talking and meeting and sharing secrets and strategy with other people (and buying both versions to do so). Even Pokemon GO is full of this. It's why they keep so many secret mechanics to allow "depth". It started with Gen 1, ever heard of a popular pokemon called Dragonite? Any idea how dratini was found?

Your idea of game design is one that prioritizes convenience and immediate reward, the game's designers do not prioritize that over others.
>>
Itt
Whiny kids that wants things handed to them
>>
>>30610189
Nice assumption there, bro.

My concept of game design is one that doesn't force stupid RNG on me to artificially extend the lifetime of a game.

Having specific pokemon be found in specific locations is fine, but don't make Kangaskhan a literal 1% encounter rate in a single patch of grass. Make it 25% or something in a single patch of grass, or a 1% chance in a LOT of patches of grass.

Battle RNG is usually decent, but the more RNG non-battle mechanics use, the worse these games are. It was fine back when we couldn't do much better, but that we're 20 years of advancement in and we're still relying on the same stupid tricks is a sign that the studio doesn't deserve the popularity they have.
>>
>>30610189
I doubt they even know what's a safari zone
/vp/ is flooded with lazy millenials now
>>
>>30610247
That's the point, or else everyone would have the same snowflake Pokemon
>>
>>30610247
You should really get the idea that old is bad out of your head, it's clouding your ability to make sound opinions. The people who came before you were a lot more intelligent than you think, and you lack enough knowledge to accurately judge that so you assume they weren't.

The pokedex will literally show you the patch of grass, you can even zoom in on it. It's added depth for those who choose to use it, meanwhile a normal player will never even tell the difference. It adds variety as well.

You can pretend that the RNG is bad, but it appeals to peoples brains. The grind is suffering, but then they get a large release of satisfaction when they achieve their goal. An addictive release. It's a game for children, but it happens to kids and adults.
>>
>>30609912
Tell that to any SJW and send them into orbit
>>
>>30610350
I've studied the psychology of game design, so I understand the satisfaction.

But "RNG isn't going my way" is NOT satisfaction. It's "Holy FUCK this shit FINALLY happened so I can do something ELSE that isn't a colossal waste of my time".
>>
>>30610266

Pokemon's target audience was millennials from day one.
>>
>>30610399
That sounds like an abnormal personal problem. People get very excited when, for example, they grind out a very unlikely shiny, or finally catch that feebas.
>>
File: 731.jpg (43KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
731.jpg
43KB, 486x409px
>>30610428
>>
>>30610456
This, else why would you have shiny threads.
>>
>>30610428
>from day one

yeah, no. not really. or else, things like breeding would be mind-numbingly easy now for you lazy bastards.
>>
>>30610456
Shiny pokemon are not required to fill the dex. People would sing a much different tune if they were.
>>
>>30610548
I thought it's mind mumbling easy now, just have Tauros run in a circle
>>
>>30610669
After you painstakingly get a Destiny knot and the correct hidden ability from chaining and a few perfect IV's to start off.
>>
>>30610684
I got destiny knot from a meowth, traded for some good IV and hidden abilities
There's like 5-10 threads here practically giving away these pokemons, what's the problem?
>>
>>30610266
>>30610189
>safari zone
>patience
Were you even there? The only "secrets" we shared were how to cheat to get what we wanted. Visit papa missingno for the masterballs then force encounters with the surf trick. You aren't a real genwunner unless your hall of fame was beyond fucked up and your pokedex was full of lies.
>>
>>30610745
They're all hacked.

So your argument is that if you cheat the game is mind-numbingly easy?
>>
>>30610669
Although it is, millenialfags still find something to complain about.

You just don't know what to say to them anymore
>>
File: a.png (38KB, 719x542px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
38KB, 719x542px
>>30610469
>>30610548

So which generation was RBY's audience? it sure as hell wasn't Gen X.
>>
>>30610488
Social anxiety, mild aspergers, too much free time, self esteem issues, etc.
>>
>>30610352
I think this is implying that people from different countries are different species. Congrats on dumbest post in the thread
>>
>>30610787
>pokemon fans are millennials and gen z jizz

Unless you were born before 1980 and played RBY when you were 20-25+
>>
>>30610837
If you think that joke post is the dumbest, you haven't been reading the thread. Or are you competing for the spot with your own post?
>>
>>30608483
>we're celebrating 20 years of Pokemon, not just Kanto
that is the biggest lie i've ever heard.
>>
One of my favorite things to do is find those 1% pokemon. I understand why people would obviously hate this but for me pokemon is about catching pokemon and catching them is no fun if it's easy.

If all you care about is battling with whatever pokemon you want there is always showdown.
>>
File: 1476796674284.png (36KB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
1476796674284.png
36KB, 320x243px
>>30608483
HEY JOHN
i GOTTA HAVE A GOOD MEAL
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.