[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Prioritybug any good? I feel like it's gonna be very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

Is Prioritybug any good? I feel like it's gonna be very predictable seeing how it needs First Impression and Aqua Jet to function.
>>
No
just use scizor like a normal person
>>
It's not.
>>
>>30606543
Mega Scizor or vanilla?
>>
>>30606561
yes
>>
>>30606525

Of course not. Anyone with sense knew that emergency exit would be debilitating. "B-B-BUT IT'LL BE GOOD BECAUSE FIRST IMPRESSION!" First impression is one of the worst attacking types and takes a whole move slot, all while being weak to meme rocks. I know they never will, but maybe one day they'll give it a mediocre (but non debilitating) ability like clear body or something, that way MAYBE it'll make that borderline tier between UU and OU
>>
It's a huge mind-games mon. If you can predict a switch to tank the first impression there's swords dance. The opponent then has to decide do I attack and risk a +2 sucker punch? You can then take advantage of the situation with stuff like leech life and aqua jet. People like running assault vest on it due to its sheer bulk, but the potential to get swept by making the wrong read with the swords dance set makes it all the more threatening. Tapu Lele pretty much shits on it, though
>>
He works pretty well in the battle royal. I got to master rank easily using him and mimikyu
>>
>>30606561

I've never been impressed by mega scizor, but everyone tells me I suck. It's just depressing it gets an increase in speed when it's still slow as fuck, and it is basically the same as a normal scizor, but slightly bulkier
>>
>>30606525
Fuck the other guys. It isn't the best but it works. Just run mostly priority and a assault vest and it should be fine.

I plan to to karenfag for these first couple months, love this guy.
>>
>>30606641
>If you can predict a switch to tank the first impression there's swords dance.
Stopped reading there. I know from fighting Guzma that SD Golisopod does not fucking work.
>>
>>30606674
>using in-game experience as competitive reasoning

anon

But Swords Dance isn't too hard to counter, since guessing wrong as the Golisopod user pretty much takes him out of the rest of the battle. Not much point to using Swords Dance if you're just gonna end up getting switched out when you could've fired off maybe two strong attacks.
>>
>>30606646
t. sub 1400 elo shitter
>>
It needs Stealth Rocks/Spikes to be of the field in order to function. That is its biggest weakness.

There's two sets, the SD/Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet/First Impression set or the same set with Leech Life instead of SD.
>>
>>30606646
>atk boost(+20) is pretty much being able to use life orb without recoil
>extra bulk, +40 to def, +20 to sp def
>extra speed
If you don't have a mega on your team, but you have scizor it's a direct upgrade except you can't use band but band is pretty meh imo.
>>
>>30606649
I like you anon.
>>
>>30606525
Great revenge killer. Leech Life can heal damage on an opponent's switch so that you can continue to trigger Emergency Exit. It takes doing, but you can use the ability to advantage.
>>
>>30606525
It's fucking amazing, albeit a bit predictable and needs assault vest to tank special attacks
Although because of it you can fuck with your opponents much more efficiently with it like an example if you switch against a dark or psychic, they will think you'll first impression and switch to something that resists it in which case you can merc with any other move like liquidation
>>
>>30607734

How exactly does Emergency Exit trigger again? I thought it was just when Golisopod goes into yellow but its actually percentage based?
>>
I kind of want to wait until February so people have a month to determine the Alolan Pokemon's ranks, is that bad?
>>
File: 763Tsareena.png (889KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
763Tsareena.png
889KB, 1280x1280px
Will she be OU or UU?
>>
>>30607860
It's when you get below half, but often its health will barely dip below half before it bounces out. When you bring him back in later in the battle, you may predict a switch or something to get off a strong leech life. If your health gets brought back up above half, getting hit hard enough will trigger Emergency Exit again.
>>
>>30607839

you can predict switches using any mon you doofus
>>
>>30607904
Mono Grass is the automatic seal of Underusedness
>>
>>30608058
Queenly Majesty is a godly ability though, a real game changer.
>>
File: 1480898531712.png (550KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480898531712.png
550KB, 800x800px
Anyone who says that Golisopod is bad has never actually used him in a competitive situation or otherwise and is just a habitual contrarian that thinks it's cool to say "this is a shitmon!" because everyone else likes it.
I like Golisopod a lot. Easily one of the best designs and best mons in gen 7.

>inb4 (You)
>>
>>30606525
if it had more than 40 speed it would be
but right now its basically only good for countering uturn spam
aside from that it cant really utilize any non-priority moves since it effectively has to wait until its half dead to get them off
and its certainly not allowed to boost ever which wastes most of its movepool
>>
>>30607904
If it had been given high speed in addition to its attack and bulk, it would be OU material. But alas.
>>
File: 1479784625082.jpg (535KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1479784625082.jpg
535KB, 1680x1680px
>>30607904
UU, which is fine. She can function in OU regardless. I wouldn't worry about "OU top pick mon omg" considering its UBers lite now and Smogon is a literal joke.
Actual Ubers is more fun anyway.
>>
>>30608278
>ubers
>fun
Pick one.
>>
>>30607904
>respectable bulk
>great attack
>fantastic ability
>speed good enough for a scarf, especially with its ability
>good coverage
>decent amount of utility

The only thing really holding it back is the shit typing. I don't expect OU, but I'll be surprised if it drops below high tier RU.
>>
File: 1480971612516.png (1MB, 981x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1480971612516.png
1MB, 981x1113px
>>30608302
Ubers is fun. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>30608348
Yeah, I too enjoy seeing the same 6 Pokemon every single match.
>>
File: DURAGON.png (298KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
DURAGON.png
298KB, 800x450px
>>30608348
GUROUDON
PURECIPICE BURADES
>>
I'm probably going to use it as a trick room attacker when I'm done breeding. Seems good enough. I would love to choice band it but it's meme move first impression makes me hesitant
>>
File: 1480980018676.png (83KB, 669x570px) Image search: [Google]
1480980018676.png
83KB, 669x570px
>>30608519
Sounds like OU.

>>30608636
At least this guy has a valid point.
>>
File: 1480913293129.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480913293129.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
>>30608708
>"this pokemon has a signature move that a lot of people think is good"
>"haha, must be a meme"
>>
>>30606525
Good offensive pivot but it's the most predictable thing ever, works well if you have Z-parting shot on your team but needs special consideration or else it's just a liability
>>
>>30606561
Normal Scizor is fine, but it's not like you have anything else to give your mega slot to.
>>
>>30606525
It's high tier in battle tree but not very good against humans.
>>
>>30608058
Eh, Queenly Majesty is pretty good.
I don't think it'll be Serperior or Tangrowth tier but it'll still kick some butt.
>>
When Pokebank becomes available I want to try Spikes/First Impression/Aqua Jet/Leech Life or Sucker Punch or Liquidation
>>
>>30608910
It's predictable, but it still fulfils its role well. That said, I don't think it'll be OU, but it'll probably end up decent in some lower tier. If you just slap in on to a team without any consideration, then yeah, its ability is bad, but it can be good if you take it into consideration.
>>
>>30606643
this. GREAT battle royal mon.
>>
>>30608348
AG is better
>>
>>30607734
>continue to trigger Emergency Exit
it only works once per battle
>>
>>30606646
You suck.

Mega Scizor had consistently been one of the best Megas...
>>
>>30608972
First Impression/Aqua Jet/Sucker Punch/Leech Life seems like it's going to be the most effective moveset, but I might be talking out of my ass. There are much better spike setters out there.
>>
>>30607904
UU at best. Dhelmise simply outclasses her as a spinner, especially since it is also a spinblocker, and an anti-spinbocker all at once. Tsareena is just not as good as Dhelmise, even if she isn't half bad.
>>
>>30608519
Which is why it's great. Build a team that shuts down those six, and you are golden.
>>
>>30609059
Well of course but the reason I want to use it as a Spiker is because I want to take advantage of people using Golisopod as a safe switch in.
>>
>>30608974
Plenty of UU Pokemon have ou viable sets, so he'll probably have a niche on volt-turn teams as a momentum grabber, his priority movepool is good and he has a free switch mechanic. It just activates whether you want it too or not.
>>
>>30609059
You can switch out Aqua Jet for Liquidation if you run Golisopod @ Assault Vest.
It's brought me much success in game and on showdown.
That being said, it would require you to know what you're doing and to have a team with proper support.
>>
>>30607901

It's stupid of you since Pokebank OU is a tier on Showdown, so people are already using the new Pokemon against everyone else.
>>
One nice thing about its ability is that if it activates when it gets hit by Volt Switch/U-Turn it cancels the opponents switch
>>
Why do people say its uu? Its got a bunch of priority moves huge attack stat and defense wtf is wrong with you guys?
>>
>>30609069

But...that's not even her role?
>>
>>30609069
Tsareena does get recovery and U-turn, so it doesn't get worn down as easily. Not saying she's gonna be great but it's something.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.