[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to festival plaza >battle spot >ranked battles >it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 7

>go to festival plaza
>battle spot
>ranked battles
>it's all cheaters with hacked perfect IV shiny pokeymen with stock off the shelf smogon-assembled teams

What went wrong?

How to enjoy online battling?
>>
don't
>>
>>30595003
You don't. There is literally no way to enjoy playing pokemon legitimately.
>>
>>30595003
Doubles > Singles on the cart. Outside it too.
>>
>>30595003

Smogon has completely centralized the meta and destroyed all variety.
>>
>>30595003
Battle with friends only and tell everyone else to fuck off. Thats literally the only way to enjoy online battling.
>>
>>30595003
git gud
>>
File: 1464651893321.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464651893321.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>enjoy online battling
>enjoy
BAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>30595003
You're right OP, that is exactly how it is.
Smogon ruined a lot of things by making tiers and shit that everyone uses in game.

I enjoy using trashmons and finding ways to screw over the smogon copycats.
They don't know what to do when you use uncommon pokemon.
>>
>>30595444
Since when smogon have power over cart play?
>>
>>30595578
They don't, OP just has shit luck.
>>
>>30595444
Wait, since when were we talking about VGC?
>>
>>30595003
>be me
>go to battle spot
>free battle
>have countless hours of fun with random people
Man, what more could you ask for
>>
>>30595506
I'm breeding a Blissey with Minimize, Toxic, and Softboiled exactly to fuck around with Smogonites. And I will fill the other slots in my team with pokemon that shit on their retarded clauses.
>>
>>30595688
You sound bitchier than the Smogonites themselves.
>>
>>30595688
Yeah double team and minimize are something they never even consider since smogon banned it.

Its good shit.
>>
>>30595578
>>30595640

>shitters and hackers just copypaste Smogon teams verbatim without using any creativity or thought
>>
>>30595453
this is good advice and it's what I do
>>
>>30595003
How about stop being a fucking pussy and not caring if someone hacked their team to have good stats.

As long as it's not adding anything to the Pokémon, it's A-ok.
>>
Battle your best friend who has the same taste in teambuilding as you.
It's a great time
>>
>>30595003
Just play on showdown
>>
>>30595995
>As long as it's not adding anything to the Pokémon, it's A-ok.
>They cheated to get their end results. However, this is acceptable because it is within the fairness of the game's design, even though they fucking cheated.

And this is why Pokemon is garbage.
>>
>>30596083
Would you bitch if they got them via super-autistic breeding chains like all the legit ranked players do instead? Sounds to me like you just don't have the right mindset for competitive battling.
>>
>>30595003
>How do I enjoy competitive of anything?
Enjoy winning with something meta or enjoy playing something not meta but losing more often. This is pretty much every competitive game ever.
>>
File: 1480622292246.jpg (97KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480622292246.jpg
97KB, 600x800px
>online ranked
>in any game
>enjoyable
>>
>>30596083
>>30596120

Really all we need is stronger hack prevention on GameFreak's part. They need to fucking encrypt legit mon's with SHA keys that can't be easily broken by save editors.
>>
>>30596083
>I have no proof that these people cheated, but since they're better than me I'll say it anyway because I refuse to git gud with breeding and want to feel better about losing
>>
File: 1480769851476.gif (2MB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1480769851476.gif
2MB, 300x186px
>>30596120
>Would you bitch if they got them via super-autistic breeding chains like all the legit ranked players do instead?

No, because it is done fairly. Even though the method is terrible, that is no one's fault to blame but Gamefreak's.

>Sounds to me like you just don't have the right mindset for competitive battling.

>To be "competitive" you have to cheat.

What a joke.
>>
>>30596120

>see a super rare shiny Pokemon that someone worked hard to get and then worked hard to raise and train
>feel impressed and congratulate them on the nice pokemon

>see a super rare shiny Pokemon that someone hacked into the game in 5 minutes
>feel nothing but disdain at their cheap vanity
>>
>>30596194
>I have no proof that these people cheated.

Nigger don't try and pull that shit. I used to hack myself pokemon that could have been legitimate all the time, that didn't mean that they were. Or ever will be. You think people legitimately have the autism to go through all that process to get the exact team comp they want? Fuck no.
>>
>>30596188
People will find ways to counter those safeguards, like they always have. Use Showdown or another sim if you're afraid of hackers.

>>30596198
And you throw around accusations of cheating without even knowing if they're right. Hardly an improvement, if you ask me- especially since you have no way of telling the difference unless they do something blatantly obvious.
>>
>>30595003
>How to enjoy online battling?
Friends only, same as literally every other competitive game in existence.

Pokemon is filled with tryhards of all ages. VGC and Smogon are both stale-ass metagames that are very much "no fun allowed" faggots. The only way to enjoy playing pokemon is by yourself or with friends, same as it's been for the past 20 years.
>>
>>30596285
>And you throw around accusations of cheating without even knowing if they're right.

Prove that I'm wrong first, you cannot.
>>
>>30596262
>No way to tell the difference
>>
>>30595003
I've been going Togedemaru, Pelipper, Gastrodon, Alolan Raichu and I've been doing pretty good against tryhards

I'm actually surprised at how many people flat out ignore the thing with poison jab when they have a Tapu on the field
>>
>>30596312

The difference is in probability. In real life EVERY SINGLE POKEMON ON EVERY SINGLE TEAM wouldn't actually be shiny.
>>
I just do random battles on showdown, fuck dealing with all that other shit
>>
>>30596369
Sure- but again there's no tool that tells you '"THIS ONE'S HACKED, ANON" if they did an even remotely competent job of it.

Thus, there's nothing you can do about it other than to suck it up and rely on intelligent tactics as opposed to picking the strongest attack you have every time it's your turn.
>>
>>30595921
>losing to "shitters and hackers"
>blames them
Why do people complain when they're team is bad against common meta pokemon? Like if you're team is weak to things like the tapus, common megas, etc, then build your team with pokemon that match up well against them. If you won't do this, then either find people willing to play by your rules (no less arbitrary than Smogon's) or shut up.
>>
>>30595003
>Went

>Not knowing its been like this for 3 generations now

It's your fault for thinking it was ever clean to begin with.
>>
>>30595967
Thank you. Its really for the best. For those assholes that continue to request you trade/battle them again and again Sun/Moon now has a block list. Maybe older games did and I didnt notice but its a useful tool since there are a few strangers that will legitimately not stop asking
>>
>>30596561
Last game I played was Soul Silver, I've never played online.
>>
The only way to get rid of hacking in pokemon is to make hacking/injecting mons less or equally efficient to obtaining them legally.

Both gen VI and gen VII tried to do some stuff in this direction but fucked it all up:
>Super Training is inefficient as shit, but hordes make up for it and let you fully EV train mons in an hour or your pizza's free. Both are removed in SM, though.
>O-Powers, Flame Body, Destiny Knots, and Everstones help with breeding, but you still need a 6 IV ditto unless you want to chain breed Fieldmons for days on end and hope you roll one with 6 IVs over time. O-Powers are removed in SM and Destiny Knots require you to grind the shitty-ass battle facilities for 48 fucking BP. Since battles in the Battle facilities are coinflips until you have well-bred/trained mons, this is frustrating for no reason.
>Hyper Training tried to solve the problem of "What if I get a Shiny/Legal Legendary but it has shit IVs", but requires you to grind to Level 100 (which is fucking pointless since competitive is at Lv 50 and casuals don't care that much), only lets you set the IVs to 31 (which hurts Special Attackers), and the caps are rare as shit anyway.
>There is STILL no solution besides soft resetting for legendaries/shinies with a bum Nature, even though Natures impact your stats much harder than IVs ever will, especially at Lv 50.

That's without getting into the mechanical travesty that Hidden abilities are.
>>
>>30596769
injecting mons will literally always be the most efficient way
>able to make a fully trained, bred, PP Up'd, equipped team in minutes
nothing barring the QR code team feature can beat that and it's still more limited
>>
>>30596310
The lack of proof that you are right is the proof that you are wrong.
>>
>>30596188
>I don't understand encryption but I heard someone on /g/ say "SHA encryption" in a sentence before

Encryption works because you can encrypt/decrypt messages with a key(s) that only you know. In this case, you'd need a key that your 3ds/SM game knows in order to encrypt/decrypt your messages. So the key(s) will be stored somewhere on your SD card or game cartridge, and can thus be accessed the same way that pokemon data is in the first place and then hackers can encrypt/decrypt pokemon as they please.

Now the other possibility is that the key(s) can be stored in Nintendo's cloud. In this scenario, once the pokemon are loaded into memory, your 3ds can send the data to Nintendo, who then returns the unencrypted pokemon, However you'd then need to reconnect to Nintendo's server's every single time that you encounter a pokemon. With Nintendo's track record for server uptime, it would suck if all games would become unplayable every time they were under maintenance (not even considering Nintendo closing 3ds wifi services like they did with the ds). And all of this being said, it will still be possible for a cracked 3ds to get around this by dumping their memory to an sd card or similar, editing it, then reloading the memory.

The best thing Nintendo can do to prevent hackers is to release a new console for pokemon to be on. That should buy them a couple years, at least.
>>
>>30596805
Yes, but while Injecting a team can be done in minutes, even a lot of competitive players would likely reconsider if they could just make an entire team in an hour, or multiple teams in a day.
>>
>>30596526
>They cheated.
>But there's nothing you can do about it, so suck it up.

Or, you just don't fucking play the game. Because it's clear it only rewards cheaters over effort.
>>
>>30596958

Nobody cares if hacked Pokemon exist on the cartridge, it's about whether or not you're allowed to use them in online battles -- which necessitate being connected to Nintendo servers by default. Trying to connect to the internet with a hacked team would result in getting kicked off that session with some kind of "One or more Pokemon in your party are illegal" message.

Can't do it for local battles but who the fuck does local battles anyways?
>>
>>30596805
do we actually know what the QR team thing will be like? Maybe gamefreak will throw in the towel and just let us generate teams by choosing stats and moves

:^)
>>
>>30596958
The game could be using white box cryptography to sign the generated pokemon using RSA. This way the hackers would not be able to get the key and the pokemon would need to be verified by the game itself to work.
>>
>>30596874
That's not an argument.
>>
>>30597088
That would honestly be the best solution. Just fucking make the base games fucking Showdown by this point, because legitimately forming a viable team is like eating gravel.
>>
>>30597058
But you don't understand. Encryption doesn't work like that. If I take the data representing a pokemon and encrypt it, I'll get a bunch of gibberish. Now when I play online, Game Freak can decrypt that for me so I can play, but then I'd never be able to use them on my cart, because my cart does not know how to read them. The methods I described above is how your cart would be able to decrypt them so you can play the game at all locally. You can't just encrypt for online, because if they're not encrypted by default on the cart, then there's nothing stopping you from dumping a new pokemon into your box offline, then it getting encrypted like any other legitimate pokemon.

>>30597136
This is actually a good point. The problem though is that you'd still have to connect online every time you encounter a pokemon so it can be encrypted.
>>
>>30596369
I clocked 600 hours of breeding back in XY. You better believe I bred my full team of 6 shinies legitimately.
>>
>>30597288
There are methods of hiding the signing key in the game (Denuvo does that). Might not be 100% unbreakable but it's still very hard. So you'd be able to play offline too.
>>
>>30595003
>go to festival plaza
>want to give random people thats not on wondershit free shit
>festival plaza makes it impossible to catch someone online
>fuck this shit no HA gibles and legendaries because fucking gamefreak
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30597331
Same. MMing in X/Y was mindless fun.
>tfw it feels bad that some people would understandably think your team is hacked
I just play with my friends - if I ever go online or get challenged, it's usually some show-off Jap or OU: The Movie: The Experience. I've won a few, but lose most due to liking shinies based on colour and design (not Smogon viability). I fucking hate Salamence and Ferrothorn because of this, kek.

>>30597445
Yeah, I miss the little "this guy gave you a nice/o-power/wants to trade/wants to battle!" messages on the bottom screen from X/Y. I hate seeing a useless map and Rotom's ever-blinking eyes. It's annoying when you breed because there's no way to quickly check how many eggs you have on you.
>>
>>30597384
I haven't looked too much into Denuvo, but I'm pretty sure it relies on being able to ping online servers for information, not too different from having to get an encryption key. More importantly, though, Denuvo is very CPU heavy and 3ds games (especially Pokemon) cannot afford the extra clock cycles involved with decrypting everything on the fly like denuvo does.
>>
>>30597021
No, my point is that you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that everyone better than you is a cheater because that makes you a whiny little bitch as well as a sore loser.
>>
>>30596672
It was full of hacked Pokémon then too, probably even worse than it is now at that matter. What you're seeing is actually an improvement.

Let that sink in for a little while.
>>
>>30597582
You're jumping to conclusions, yourself.
>>
>>30597539
Denuvo itself was cracked too. It's worthless as an anti-hack measure.
>>
>>30597445
>as your requesting trades you wait for some time
>eventually time out
>x has rejected your trade
FUCK THEY TIMED OUT THEY DIDN'T REJECT. IT FEELS SO SHITTY TOO WHEN I READ THIS SHIT. THE MESSAGE TO TRADE IS AS SLOW AS THE MISSION MESSAGE. IT ALSO DOESN'T HELP THAT YOU NEED TO BE IN FUCK PLAZA TO DO ANYTHING. THUS EVERYONE, ME AND MY MOM IMMEDIATLY GO TO GTS/MISSIONS AND DON'T SEE SHIT. GENIUS GAMEFREAK. Sun moon has the worst implementation of post game content. I also seem to have left my caps lock on.
>>
>>30597761
There's this thing called giving the benefit of the doubt. You should try it sometime.
>>
>>30597806
Sorry, I don't speak in idioms.
>>
>>30596769
>The only way to get rid of hacking in pokemon is to make hacking/injecting mons less or equally efficient to obtaining them legally.

And the meta would be completely identical because literally everyone will be packing a perfect team, as opposed to only the smogonfags, the script kiddies, and the breeding autists. Just think about it- if you could have that much control over your team makeup in game, you may as well be playing Showdown or another simulator.

Come to think of it, if you want to battle 100% fairly you should be using a simulator anyway.
>>
>>30597778
wasn't every new game released with Denuva requiring to be meticulously re-cracked because of how obtuse it is?

maybe that's old news now, I don't open up /v/ very much but I thought they were still having a lot of trouble with denuvo as recently as last year, thus implying it did indeed do its job of stopping hackers for a few weeks after release
>>
>>30597840
How about "stop assuming everyone but you is a cheater", then?
>>
>>30597985

You sound like a butthurt cheater.
>>
>>30597969
Not really, it just makes the process take a couple more days at most. It's little more than a speed bump.
>>
>>30595003
just like that. their pokemon arent better than yours
>>
>>30598014
You sound like a sore loser scrounging for ways to blame everyone but himself for a defeat.
>>
>>30595003
Use a simulator. Everyone else does.
>>
File: 1475410918443.jpg (67KB, 536x632px) Image search: [Google]
1475410918443.jpg
67KB, 536x632px
>>30597840
>I don't speak in idioms
>>I've never said something that doesn't translate directly into any other language ever due to cultural reasons or otherwise
>>
>>30595003
>but at least they don't have an unfair advantage!
Some people will say this
>>
>>30595003
Git gud
>>
>>30598073
>want to avoid smogon shit
>dude just play on smogon lmao

retard
>>
>>30595578
>>30595921
Early XY was fun, you could try out many different things.
But SunMoon starts with hacked smogon sets right off the bat.
>>
File: (You).jpg (95KB, 519x491px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
95KB, 519x491px
>>30598052
You're not even responding to the same person anymore, idiot.

>>30598074
>Has to resort to anime images and fallacies.
>>
>>30598203
>doesn't know definition of idiom
>uses it anyways
>called out
FALLACY
>>
>>30598120
>Implying Showdown is restricted to smogonfags

In other words, you never tried it.

>>30598203
That doesn't make you sound less like a sore loser.

Have you tried actually using better tactics in your battles instead of complaining? IVs aren't destiny, and every set has its flaws to exploit.
>>
>>30597920
"The Meta will be just as stale" isn't a real argument for or against hacking. It's not even an argument, but a statement of fact.

The metagame will be shit no matter what.
>>
Glad I have RL friends to battle with. It'd fun just using the team you played through the game with.
>>
>>30598120
If you wanted to avoid smogon, then don't play on the ranked mode. Idiot.
>>
>>30598310
This. Every time I play a free battle on the BS, it's mostly kids using their in game teams.
>>
>>30598282
And so nobody here has a right to complain, because hacking's absence or presence won't mean shit. Just make the teams you want and avoid the "competitive" battle spot like the plague.
>>
>>30598275
>Have you tried actually using better tactics in your battles instead of complaining?

I don't play the game's multiplayer, and haven't since 2008, back when I used to hack in my own "legit" pokemon in D/P because literally no one plays pokemon legitimately, and they still don't. But apparently they do, and I'm a sore loser somehow. You're trying to tell me the people that play this game have the patience to go through all the bullshit and RNG required to have their viable team comps? Don't make me laugh, that's the biggest joke about pokemon and "competitive" side. The only winning move to avoid the bullshit was to play Shoddy, or Showdown as it is now a days.
>>
>CTRL + F: Royal
>0 results found

Online Battle Royal is literally the cure to Smogon cancer. Smogonfags HATE Battle Royal Mode, and there has been a deliberate attempt at sabotaging it by a small elite group of Smogonfags who will call it "stupid" and "muh gangup meta xD" every time someone brings it up.

Do you want to enjoy battling online?

Then play Battle Royal, the meta where it doesn't matter if you hack because if you hack the three non-hackers will gang up and rape you making your perfect injections useless. :^)
>>
>>30598085
Those sorts of people are in this very thread. It's entertaining.
>>
>>30598441
If people can be autistic enough to succumb to balltism, they can sure as shit act the same way about competitive team building.
>>
>>30595444
lmao fuck off
>>
>>30597445
It happened a trade happened.
About to send over a legendary when
>A communication error has occurred
Press THE FUCKING POWER BUTTON AND END THE GAME
Thanks gamefreak.
>>
>>30598586
They are not similar.
>>
>not wanting to BTFO japs and tryhards
My favorite is when they lead with garchomps. I run a scarfed xurk with HP ice and kill them in one hit, I've had like two or three people disconnect from that alone.

I got pretty lucky this gen honestly. A lot of favorites are pretty good or at least usable so I can actually karenfag and not get completely fucked.

But seriously everyone hacks, breedin is a pain in the ass. All shinies is a definite sign of a scrub though, most shinies look god awful.
>>
>>30598466
>Smogonfags HATE Battle Royal Mode
I have never heard a strong opinion one way or the other from anyone on smogon desu
>>
>>30598673
They're both autism, and one naturally leads to another.
>>
>>30598897
One man likes to pick apples, the other man likes to pick strawberries; just because both men have autism, it does not mean they would enjoy doing the task the other man enjoys doing.
>>
>>30595674
Same, all it I do is battle spot. 3 on 3 battling is comfy.
>>
>>30598771
Pretty sure that is because they would steer clear from such a mode.
They like 1v1 only.
>>
>>30595921
Bring anti-meta. Most shitty people who copy smogon teams suck too badly to deal with anything they're not expecting. Hell, Showderp has only lasted as long as it has because it's funny to watch smogon copypaste teams loose to stupid shit like Spinda.
>>
>>30599027
That's just because FFA's aren't really competitive. They're fun, but the whole thing about competitive play is that the most skilled player should win. That doesn't happen when they can just get ganged up on. Same with stuff like Smash.
>>
Is battle spot full of tapus and beasts like oras was full of legendsries and primals?
Beating or almost beating legend teams was fun, but fuck the primals. Cradily can handle kyorgre, but groudon became such a pain in the ass I started running rayquaza with waterfall just to one-shot that fucking thing whenever I saw it.
>>
>>30598172

Remember when people kept thinking Florges was Grass type and spammed Flamethrower and Fire Blast?
>>
>>30595444
Smogon attempts to fix it but putting in tiers of Pokemon so every single one is usable at some tier.

The real game discourages that and instead promotes only the most powerful.
>>
>hyper training at 50
>EVs assigned upon level up, at 50 it is maxed
>Hidden abilities can be switched to via item
>Hidden power can be swapped via item
>Keep all that mundane grindy shit for HAs only.

There Pokemon is fixed. Literally would never use a cheating device for Pokemon again at that point.
>>
>>30600246
This is what people don't realize. If you want to see a stale meta, look at last gen battlespot singles. The same 10 pokemon or so were on almost every team. Smogon OU definitely has a meta (as well as every other competitive game) but if you're tired of it, then play UU or NU or whatever. Tryhards will be tryhards wherever you go, but if you want to play with fun pokemon, then smogon is one of the few entities that provides the means to do so without getting your shit kicked in.
>>
>>30600366
Shiniest* no has
>>
>>30595506
Smogon didn't ruin shit, it coined fan terms.

It's cartridge play the one that is fucked up.
>>
>>30600246

Unofficial tiers are MEANINGLESS in the actual game because nobody follows them. In order to agree to tier rules you have to sit down with the other party and agree upon it personally, which defeats the purpose of online battling.
>>
>>30600502
Yeah that's the point as to why smogon is doing the opposite.
>>
So, can you still battle passengers for 6 vs 6 on Plaza?
>>
>>30598466
I'm a smogonfag and I love battle Royale, heck I have been playing "battle Royale" since 2vs2 came around.

Battle Royale is as fun as it gets.
>>
>>30598466
I would play Battle Royale but the lag is too real for my potato OG3ds.
>>
how does smogon make money?
>>
>>30602149
>How do autists come into money.

Oh, you. So naive.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.