[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, is the reason why Mina doesn't do her job as a captain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0771.jpg (39KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0771.jpg
39KB, 400x240px
So, is the reason why Mina doesn't do her job as a captain because she hasn't had a kahuna to keep her in line since Hapu's grandfather died years prior to the story? Or because she was just appointed as a captain during Hapu's journey through vast poni canyon with the player character?
>>
>>30594917
It's because she's a dumb, stoner, hippie. What do you expect of someone who's stoned all day, everyday?
>>
>>30594917
Because trials are a fucking stupid replacement for gyms
>y-you just want them to rehash the same ideas over and over!
If things like trials are their replacements, I would take gyms every time.
>>
What the fuck is a kahuna.

Is that an Alola kakuna?
>>
>>30594917
she does do her job
she makes sure you get the last necessary z-crystal, that's all that matters
>>
>>30594917
I assumed that she never set up a trial because nobody (or only a couple of people) got to her, since she's one of the last points in the island challenge
Once the player character got to her and became champion she probably decided it was time to at least set up something
>>
Vast Poni canyon itself is a fucking trial especially for an 11 year old.
>>
>>30594917
Why is everyone bitching about these minor little details while sun/moon did such a great job of giving us a mystery with such perfect outcome. Like they made these new things called Ultra Beasts. Whom in all previous advertisments made us see that they look totally like all the bad guys in the game. And then they wait till post game to tell us why. And the why is just the best thing in all of this.
Why they look like the npc's,

> Anyone who doesn't get this. I'm sarcastic.
>>
>>30594917
Why is she splattered with paint all over? Doesn't she bother to fucking shower?
>>
>>30595419
>Vast Poni canyon itself is a fucking trial especially for an 11 year old.

This. I kind of assumed that Vast Poni Canyon was something of a combination between the final trial and Victory Road.
>>
>>30595427
Not bitching. I honestly am just curious if there was plot related reason for her lack of a trial
>>
>>30595653
It wasn't a jab to only you. It's /vp/ in general and the games. I really liked them though, but this really bugs me.
>>
>>30595736
I understand, I love the game and there are little details that I didn't notice until rewatching certain dialogues on play through videos. Like how Moleyne mentions that captains are typically picked by kahunas but its different on Ula Ula. We later find out that the kahuna is Nanu who most likely just doesn't care enough to pick captains of his own. Hence Sophocles's "inheriting" his captainship from his cousin.
>>
>>30595036
>OP asks legit question
>retard barges in to complain about changes in a stagnant franchise
>>
>>30594917
She specifically stated she's not come up with a trial yet. She also heavily implies that her job as a trial captain comes behind her being an artist.

It felt like throwaway garbage used to minimize loss of resources, but it wasn't bad.
>>
>>30595555
checked
>>
>>30595440
>Why is she splattered with paint all over?
Sex with Smeargle gets messy.
>>
>>30595272
This makes the most sense in-game. A few NPCs talk about not being able to complete their island trials, and Poni Island is the last stop. She probably never gets any participants because most people have already given up at that stage in the challenge.
>>
poni island was 100% phoned in, thats why
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.