[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me of was XY's pre release hype a lot more fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: meme of the year 2013.jpg (42KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
meme of the year 2013.jpg
42KB, 600x571px
Is it me of was XY's pre release hype a lot more fun than SM's?
>>
>>30593625
Definitely.
>First big step to "3D"
>SITTING
>customization
>Riding Pokémon (tho gimped in-game)
>Megas
>Notorious Italian leaks
>kosthedin's IG and 10 minutes of fame

The Chinese ruin fucking everything!
>>
>>30593668
Don't forget the Fairy-type shitposting.
>>
>>30593625
I don't know, the actual leaking of the final designs of the three starter evolutions is a ridiculous coup. I suppose there was a lack or quantity of such things, but it's certainly noteworthy.
>>
>>30593668
>brb smoke break
>>
>>30593625
Obviously. We just came from Gen V so we were somewhat optimistic. Then XY took a shit on our face. THEN ORAS sprayed some filthy diarrhea over us after to marinate in. Of course there was a fuckload of skepticism regarding SM.
>>
>>30595876
that's only an issue because sm looks barely different from xy aesthetic-wise
gen 6.5 was a meme for a reason
>>
>>30595930
>gen 6.5 was a meme for a reason
Yeah, people were retarded. Gen 6.5 was also at its strongest when we had seen very little of the games.

Gen 7 is about as different from Gen 6 as Gen 5 was from 4: not a huge leap in visual quality, but still a noticeable uptick and permutation of the basic ideas of the previous one. Gen 5 had slightly different human sprites and a more vibrant and 3D overworld. Gen 7 has more normally proportioned human characters and a much less rigid overworld design, among other noticeable graphical differences like the battle backgrounds and attack animations. Gen 5 had no real new sprites for a lot of mons, and just animated those older ones. Gen 7 admittedly doesn't even really do that, though supposedly there's some new animations in the Refresh thing.
>>
>>30595930
oh yeah, and forgot to mention kalos was cucked out of having more than 2 games
>>
>DIAGONAL MOVEMENT
>>
the entire games weren't datamined a week before the games launch.

finding mega manectric and mega scizor were real discoveries.
>>
File: CNsUZaC.jpg (94KB, 767x642px) Image search: [Google]
CNsUZaC.jpg
94KB, 767x642px
>>30593625

This is now a Gen 6 Hype thread
>>
File: 250px-701Hawlucha[1].png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-701Hawlucha[1].png
48KB, 250x250px
>>30593625
FAKEMON!
>>
>>30593625
Whoa, what type is Sylveon supposed to be? My guess is poison.
>>
>>30599629
Probably confirmed Normal.

It uses Trump Card in the trailer. If they were to introduce a new type, it would have used a new move with the new type by now.
>>
File: 33324982374384.gif (838KB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
33324982374384.gif
838KB, 400x206px
>>30595876
>le ORAS is bad meme
>>
it was the datamining that killed discovery in SM
>>
>>30599693
Yeah, Kalos base stats were found through math and group effort. Now, we just look 'em up.
>>
>>30599693
And the final forms of the starters being leaked absurdly early. That was a real bummer and I wish the leaker would have kept it to themselves. I enjoyed the Kalos starter hype, I didn't with SM.
>>
>>30599693
This is why I just noped out of anything related to Pokemon online back in July. Still got a few things spoiled by unavoidable discussion about things like the Starters (though by the time I left we'd already had the leaks I thought weren't real) and the Alola Formes. I'd read a bit of the Chinese leak before I left too, which also turned out to be mostly real, but most of what that got right was in the demo anyway.

Personally, I was satisfied with my level of ignorance about what was in SM, especially Pokemon-wise. The Totem Wishiwashi reveal was probably the hypest moment for me, if only because I've been in love with the idea it embodied since I saw a fake mon of it awhile back and the dex entry and ability name made it obvious what was going to happen without entirely giving it away. Seeing stuff like Golisopod and how it worked in-game with Guzma's strategy was pretty neat too.

I did the same thing with XY, more successfully, and didn't with ORAS. And it was very noticeable how much both revealed in retrospect and what I liked and didn't like knowing beforehand in both. If you go in as blind as you can, you can always then look stuff up as you need to or want to, but you can't unlearn things if you want to discover it for yourself. Even if the ORAS Demo Datamine hadn't happened, I likely would've done what I did with SM anyway because of how both XY and ORAS just laid everything out there pre-release.
>>
>>30599693
>>30599903
> Cut myself off from all Pokemon news after S/M announcements
> Release day arrives
> Play it non stop every day untill the credits roll
> Had a fucking blast

I started doing this in Gen5 and it will never stop being amazing. Imagine my surprise when my Toracat evolved into Incineroar. I was kinda taken aback, and feared yet ANOTHER Fire/Fighting when I saw the obvious WWE Wrestler emerge from the light.

But nope, Fire/Dark
Then it has a fucking Lariat.
Then Malicious Moonsault. Holy fuck.

I chuckled when I evolved my Grubbin. A battery/bus was NOT what I expected out of Gurbbin.

I got mad when Crabrwler evolved. He went from the little crab that could, to something unholy. Then Kukui at the end, holy shit.

The Ultra beast mission, aww shit. Aside from Nihilego it was fucking exciting. Xurkitree actually made me say "What the FUCK?" when I first saw it, and Buzzwole made me laugh my ass off.

I strongly urge you to do this when Gen8 rolls around Anons. It's absolutely worth it.
>>
>>30593625
I agree. The starters leaked so early that it pretty much beat out any other leak there was. Also the fact that Lurantis was actually competent.
>>
>>30600172
I played SM partly blind (I left after the dex got leaked) and it was very fun. Although because of this I completely skipped over the desert area and I used Crabrawler on my team.
>>
>>30600172
Trouble is, I literally--diagnosed and medicated--have attention deficit, and, unless I keep on top of news, I'll forget that the new games are coming out at all.
>>
>>30600468
Can't you set some sort of long term reminder? I feel like there's got be a lot of those these days. Some sort of calendar program or automated email or even just putting a note on your physical calendar.
>>
File: tumblr_mo8g7uCikL1qkdb17o1_500.gif (290KB, 446x327px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mo8g7uCikL1qkdb17o1_500.gif
290KB, 446x327px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.