[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Wait a second... I just realized that you get sent off on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: Sun_Moon_Hapu.png (274KB, 378x680px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Hapu.png
274KB, 378x680px
...Wait a second...

I just realized that you get sent off on your Island Quest to beat all four Kahunas while Poni Island HAD NO KAHUNA!!

HOLY FUCK!! No wonder so many people gave up on it when the task before them was impossible!!
>>
>>30593305
Hapu a cute.

10/10 would learn the ways of the farm from.
>>
>>30593305
Haven't thought of it like that.
>>
>>30593305
Maybe the grandpa died just recently?
>>
>>30593375
I could've swore they said in-game he died a few years back
Cmiiw
>>
>>30593375
Was just going to post this.

Though people must have known there was no challenge there but you're still sent there for the story.
>>
Poni island also has only one trial with no master, and a trial master who doesn't do her fucking job
>>
>>30593581
I'm hoping that was a plug for the sequel game. I'd play the fuck out of a SM2 that had seen a ton of changes since SM1.
>>
>>30593581
Actually, most of the islands have an abandoned trial. Mele mele has Ten Carat Hill and Ula'ula has the desert maze.
>>
>>30594477
But Poni island still has the Z crystal and a Totem
>>
>>30593305
pretty sure just beating mina's trial would've done the job at poni, with the grand trial being like just 3 kahunas
and mina

okay so sm's great and all but imagine if mina of all people was the fucking final boss
>>
>>30593407
Literally just beat this part a few minutes ago, that's correct.
>>
You also steal the Bug crystal from Guzma's stash.
>>
>>30594477
Exeggecutor Island was also mentioned to be a trial site at one time.
>>
>>30595160
>Grunt steals the Bugium Z
>The Altar instantly produces another one.
>"SHIT!"
>>
>Dangerous trials where trainers can end up mauled
>Abandoned trials everywhere (what the fuck??)
>These "peaceful natives" sending kids into dangerous areas
>These "peaceful natives" and their "kind gods" that destroy markets, ruin people's lives, kill animals and other things I can't even fathom

Can we nuke Alola?
>>
>>30595424
It's an island chain in a tumultuous battle between tradition and progress and the ever-encroaching threat of tourism. I kinda like the feel.
>>
>Hapu will never ride you
>>
>>30595424

>set up trial system
>create poisonous culture centered around these trials
>don't bother to fix system for YEARS when a kahuna dies
>act indignant when the mistreated youth start a counter-culture movement

Team Skull did nothing wrong
>>
>>30595541
There were two counter-culture movements in the game, though. Team Skull was just a bunch of dudes that were butthurt about getting shafted by the trials and causing problems by throwing tantrums. Kukui reworked the system from the inside-out, playing along then establishing a League in order to get a counter-culture foot in the proverbial door.

Guzma threw a tantrum and started a gang.
Kukui sucked it up and bided his time until he could strike where it would actually matter.
>>
File: 1481113980830.jpg (94KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
1481113980830.jpg
94KB, 1200x787px
>>30595338
>>30595160
>>30593581
>>30593305
Jesus alola get it to gether
>>
How old is Hapu anyways? I'm not sure if she's a kid or a short teenager.
>>
>>30595593
There was nothing counter-culture about Kukui, nice headcanon though
>>
>>30595965
>He didn't read the part where Kukui specifically said that the island traditions weren't cutting the mustard anymore, but replacing them would be frowned upon.
>He didn't read the part where Guzma specifically called out Kukui for not working with him.
Look man you can call it "headcanon" if you like, but at least I played the game.
>>
>>30595424

When you meet Wicke for the first time and she tells you about Corsola, Hau mentions to her that his grandfather told him once that nature can be very cruel in spite of the blessings it bestows to mankind. I think Alolan natives understand that already.
>>
>>30595652
I always thought she was just a short adult.
>>
>>30593305
>Tapu Fini had to stamp everyone's passport when they finished Vast Poni Canyon
>>
File: mina.png (437KB, 586x591px) Image search: [Google]
mina.png
437KB, 586x591px
I'm more concerned about how that slut Mina didn't have a trial. She said she had to create a trial for you when you first meet her, but then she never ever even mentions it again. As the final captain, isn't it Mina's responsibility to give you the green light to continue your journey and challenge the League? But none of that ever happens, you just go along with the unofficial(?) dragon trial which really makes no sense.
>>
>>30596094
There's nothing counter culture about working WITHIN the system. There's nothing counter about that.
>>
>>30595160
It's not trash, the grunts mention they've been stealing all of the Bug crystals. It's their goal to have them all
>>
File: odt3ktDtYm1vf1810o1.png (248KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
odt3ktDtYm1vf1810o1.png
248KB, 500x383px
>>30594477
I wanted a Psychic trial with an Oranguru Trainer... not just pick the crystal like that!
>>
>>30596269
Her giving you the Fairium Z is her "Green-lighting" you. She even says as much.

She definitely feels like a dropped plot thread, though.
>>
>>30596269
When you talk to her post-game, she has a "trial" set up for you.
>>
>>30596239
We need a drawfag for this
>>
>>30596500
By Oranguru trainer, do you mean a trainer WITH an Oranguru or a trainer who IS an Oranguru? Because the latter would be hype as fuck.
>>
File: 1474518219362.png (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474518219362.png
185KB, 600x600px
>>30596677
The latter.
>>
File: oranguru.png (56KB, 204x157px) Image search: [Google]
oranguru.png
56KB, 204x157px
>>30596500
Also there is a suspicious NPC Oranguru just before the Haina Desert who watch an Hiker by behind... so maybe it's a foreshadowing for the next game, where he learned how to use pokeballs by watching trainers!
>>
Why is Tapu Fini such a lazy cunt
>>
>>30596677
I felt that was largely what the Totem fights were meant to simulate. You can't catch them, and the summon another Pokemon to follow them in between the first and second turns.

It could use some more polishing, but it could be a pretty nice alternative to trainer fights or trainer boss battles at least.
>>
File: 1481032739416.webm (272KB, 280x548px) Image search: [Google]
1481032739416.webm
272KB, 280x548px
>>30597752
>Also there is a suspicious NPC Oranguru just before the Haina Desert who watch an Hiker by behind
Who can blame her?
>>
>>30595531
Alola being accurate in tone to actual post colonial Hawaii is pretty neat. Much more interesting than Kalos anyway.
>>
>>30597858
Right, but pre-release material implied that Oranguru specifically was capable of using Pokeballs.
>>
>Go beat the Poni kahuna!
>I can't let you do that without the kahuna's permission.
>Did you find the kahuna?
I was bothered by the incessant calls to check up with the kahuna only to find out they didn't even have one at the time. It seems really fucking bizarre that everyone behaves as if there already was one.
I figured Hapu was acting as a de facto kahuna, but then she says she isn't the kahuna shortly before becoming the kahuna so what the fuck
>>
>>30599140
She was de facto Kahuna

She probably already had a Groundium Z
>>
>>30595652
She's a kid. She's a "noja" loli, it's a common anime character trope.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.