[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this thing so tedious to find? How is a little kid supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

Why is this thing so tedious to find? How is a little kid supposed to find one? What was gamefreak thinking?
>>
Whats wrong with a Pokemon being hard to find?
>>
>>30589128
Just fish on bubbles outside of kukui house and let corsola call for help
>>
>>30589149
There's hard to find and then there's tedious and then there's Tedious to find
>>30589173
I've been doing this but I've only found a Corsola once and it just spammed recover so I couldn't get it's health low enough for it to call for help
>>
>>30589128
They literally give you a cutscene about Mareanie attacking injured Corsola.

Once you figure out that Pokémon can sometimes call unwanted predators using the SOS system (happened for me with Carbink/Sableye) you can figure it out.

It's nowhere near as bad as Feebas in gen III, which you could only find in six randomly generated tiles on a specific route, with no indication as to how this works.
>>
>>30589225
Recover has only 10 PP, and Corsola also has three other moves that should give you time to whittle it down. Just keep at it man, it's not hard. Also there's Taunt.
>>
all the references to pokemon eating eachother and being predators this generation make me uncomfy
>>
>>30589128
Shit, you underestimate kids. We used to trade secrets in games like they were crack. Believe me, if there is a secret to be found, kids will FIND it. Hell, its even easier these days, since they have the internet, and don't have to hunt down the Wise Third Grader who lives in the library and knows all of the games. All of them.
>>
>How is a little kid supposed to find one?

through GTS

hey, I did the same because all I'd get were Magikarps until I realized you need to fish at ripples that either disappear 80% of the damn time or just net you another Magikarp until you get something else

bred me a nice partner
>>
>Trying to find a refenerator Mareanie
Now THIS is true hell OP. All I seem to ge tis Limber, and the occasional Merciless.
>>
Find ripple spot . Save at ripple spot. Fish and soft reset till you find a Corsola.
>>
>>30589128
Would you like one of mine? I've got 5s with limber, merciless, or regenerator. All have stockpile. Lots of natures. Beast ball. Accidentally bred 3 perfects with wrong nature or ability also.
>>
>>30589128
I think its perfectly acceptable. It is a pain to find, but it ups that surprise factor. Makes it feel more valuable. I think it's also more acceptable when considering how integrated the GTS and just intercommunication is in the modern day. If a kid who really wants it isn't able to figure it out, they can use the GTS easily enough.

Gamefreak does a ton of dumb shit, but I really dig the encounter rates, styles and areas this gen. They put a lot of thought into the ecosystem. Just the idea of predators knowing the cry of their prey when they cry for help in order to track them down is a really nice touch.

Also, love how Slowbro is only found in the area where both Slowpoke AND Shellder exist. Or how Bagon is more common at the cliff base, than at the actual cliff. Cool stuff.
>>
>>30589128
As a kid I remember spending hours trying hard as fuck to find a feebas with my friends in RS. I was the first to find one and now milotic is one of my favorite mon today
>>
>>30589313
>disappear 80% of the time

Yeah if you go fast near them like an idiot. All you have to do is ride Lapras back to the beach area and then right back to the spot and it'll have regenerated. You don't even have to get off Lapras. It's super fucking easy.
>>
>>30589425
This takes way longer than just riding back to the beach and then riding back to the ripple spot. The route changes before you even get to the shore. Why would you think this was a smart idea?
>>
>>30589689
It takes 10 seconds.
>>
>>30589288

Yeah, they really went all out with creepy Pokedex entries this generation. So many direct references to Pokémon, and even human, death. Sort of surprising.
>>
OP here, finally caught one. Thanks for the advice anons. Unfortunately it's limber with a bad nature so I'll probably try again later
>>
>>30589728
It takes less than that to go back and forth. Really it does.
>>
i got a bunch of 4-5 with good in not perfect egg moves and ha
offers?
>>
>>30589491
got any spare everstones? im breeding
>>
>>30589128
>savescum at bubble spots in melemele sea
>repeat until you get corsola
>lead with a Pokemon with intimidate
>Adrenaline orb it, false swipe it, heal block if you really must
>repeat ad nauseum until you get your desired Mareanie
>>
>>30589128
This shit has NOTHING on the gen 3 secrets.
>>
>>30589910
or just trade me mon to complete dex basically anything but abra
tons of ha 4v+
>>
>>30589800
Yeah I have one. My friend name is Starla, friend code 414152153915
Ign Rachel. Did you just want the Everstone?
>>
>>30590102
yeh pls i farmed btree for the knot.
>>
>>30590102
added. look at my mii (im 20lol)
>>
>>30590119
You're name is one space too long. How is it spelled in the friend log?
>>
>>30589226
This. Fucking days spent looking for feebas. Then days growing berries, making blocks. All to get a milotic
>>
>>30590162
wheres friend log? first time
>>
>>30590162
Nvm I'm dumb
>>
>>30589128
That's why you use gts. Gts netted me every line. Catching pokemon is for nerds
>>
>>30590189
idk where friends list is. you start the trade please
>>
>>30590179
Okay heading online.
>>
>>30590216
What is your in game name? Your characters.
>>
>>30590269
bramblefoot
>>
>>30590237
i trade these guysfor celees then use that for dex entries i don't have. thx btw
>>
>>30590280
Thanks! I haven't caught my beasts yet.
>>
>>30590365
same
>>
anyone got a hidden ability one of these?
>>
>>30589128
Yes I do. I'm the same person as
>>>30589800
>>
>>30590568
yeah id love a regenerator, FC:4313-4895-1130

i got a adamant mimikyu, or whatever youd like
>>
>>30590678
Might you have a minior that's not red or blue?
>>
>>30590869
i can breed one mines blue
>>
>>30590887
Sure
>>
>>30590900
any color you'd like specifically? or just anything but those
>>
>>30590568

Hey, if I could get a regenerator mareanie that would be great. I don't have any spare ever stones, but is there anything you'd like?

I could pass you an adamant shinx with fire fang, ice fang and thunder fang if that's up your alley.
>>
Literally the first Pokémon I fished up in Moon was Corsola. The first thing it called was Mareanie. The whole thing took less than a minute.
>>
>>30589340
That's because Regenerator is its HA. You need to chain like 20 or more Mareanie. Get something with skill swap and T-wave and a bag full of Leppa berries. Skill swap every mareanie that appears until you find one with Regenerator. Then just t-wave it so it doesn't call for help while you catch it.
>>
>>30590900
ok i got an orange one
>>
>>30591181
Do Mareanie call for help? Doesn't the chain end when Corsola calls one in and dies?
>>
>>30591520
No Mareanie cannot call for help, and yes the chain ends once there's no more Corsola.
>>
>>30589128
GIT
U
D
>>
>>30589491
Not that anon but i'd love a female with regenerator, any iv or nature is fine.

I haven't started breeding projects yet since I haven't gotten a good ditto, are you looking for anything specific?
>>
>something is easy
>come on Gamefreak you have 1,000,000 neckbeards playing your games najw it more challenging

>something is challenging
>what were they thinking? Don't they know that kids play this game?
>>
>>30591687
Fuck that sounds painful. If you need to check every Mareanie's ability, how do you keep Corsolas alive to keep going?
>>
>>30591853
>what is a good balance of difficulty
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.