[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've been chosen to help out with the next Pokemon game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1471044027283.png (316KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471044027283.png
316KB, 700x700px
You've been chosen to help out with the next Pokemon game. HMs are officially kill forever, and you need to select which Pokemon are going to be rideable to take their place in the newest game. You're not given any details about the region though, so assume any/all previous HMs or items are in play.

So which Pokemon would you choose to replace what function? Feel free to elaborate.

Hard Mode: No Legends, No Starters
Extra Credit: Think up a completely new hazard or obstruction and give it a unique ride pokemon.
>>
Onix --very slow but can smash through without pausing or slowing down (Rock Smash)
Arcanine -- moves very VERY fast but can't pass obstacles (Bike)
Drifblim -- flies you to any location you've already visited (Fly)
Kingdra -- very fast travel over water(Surf)
Dewgong -- swims slowly, but can also pass over icy ground without sliding (Surf + Unique Effect)
Meowth -- twist, the Meowth rides on YOUR shoulder and meows when you are near an item (Itemfinder)
Torkoal -- moves slow but sucks in smog while producing a dull glow (Defog + Flash)
Metagross -- can climb up unusually steep or unscalable terrain (Rock Climb)
Haxorus -- somewhat faster than onix and can cut through trees in addition to smashing rocks (Cut)
>>
>>30585850
I forgot Strength, woops. I dunno, add it onto Onix. Smash small rocks, push big ones.
>>
>>30585575
Araquanid - dive
>>
>>30585575
Make mountable mons selectable from a wide variety of what you have, generations from now, the players will hate how they inevitably removed the feature.
>>
>>30585850
>Meowth -- twist, the Meowth rides on YOUR shoulder and meows when you are near an item (Itemfinder)
CUTE!
>>
File: drampy.gif (1MB, 750x590px) Image search: [Google]
drampy.gif
1MB, 750x590px
>>30585884
tfw Drampa has a flying/gliding animation in S/M but never uses it

I just wanna ply on my falcor
>>
Ampharos - Defog/Flash
Gyarados - Fast surf speed and capable of passing through Whirlpools and going up Waterfalls.
Rhyperior - Blasts holes in cracked walls/surfaces in the terrain.
Wailord - Slow surf speed but can break through rocks in the water.
Noivern - Flying.
Kommo-o - Strength. Slightly faster than regular walking speed.
Metagross - Hovers up/over rough terrain, fastest land movement speed.

Fuck your hard mode this idea is too cool:
Giratina - Soaring through the Distortion World allowing for inter-dimensional travel. Needs to be in the party.
>>
>>30585575
If a pokemon is able to fly and I large enough to carry a human and it's in your party then you can use fly.

Same for swimming and surf.

Being strong or pshycic and strength.

Etc etc, ridable mons being called from nowhere is stupid. But having to use a move slot for HMs s worse.
>>
Scyther - Cut (trees in the way)
Tropius - Fly (or non-mega Latios/Latias, since we didn't get that in ORAS)
Carracosta/wailmer - Surf
Bastiodon - Strength (it's basically a forklift anyway)
Gyarados - Surf/Waterfall (like how sharpedo is surf/rock smash)
Gogoat - Rock Smash
Onix/Steelix - new HM/obstacle. certain points where there's a gap in the path. Onix/Steelix either forms a bridge, or is long enough to make it over the gap.
>>
>Onix: underground version of dive
>Peliper: Above water flying (Water only repel/Bike)
>Talonflame: Hot Soaring cruise, cruise quickly through the sky, building up steps and warming eggs. Basically a quick hatch for eggs
Alolan Exeguttor: Cliff Ladder
Blastoise: Fire fighting, aim with the stylus. Get through fires, put out damaging fires, the works.
Dusknoir: Shadow Shroud, can sneak around to avoid trainer/wild pokemon battles, maybe stealth missions are added.
Alolan Persian: Ride to obtain free lasagna.
Dhelmise+Toxapex: Dive in high current waters.press A to sheild with Toxapex when debris gets hurled into you.
Go back to dreamworld with munna
Or follow a sentret around who sniffs out HA pokemon.
>>
>>30585575
I figure one Ride Pokemon from each previous generation would be appropriate. There'd be a new Pokemon in the bunch as well but no clue what that would be or do.

Gogoat - Runs faster than Tauros's regular speed but charges slower than it. Can run through undergrowth and brambles.
Abra - Teleports onto your shoulders and then teleports you away, using the same interface as the Ride Charizard, but also usable from inside buildings.
Exploud - Moves about as fast as Mudsdale. Holding B emits a sonic boom that breaks up rocks and debris, while also making it more likely to encounter wild Pokemon.
Lanturn - Swims at a moderate speed. Holding B makes it light up dark areas and makes it easier to see hidden items under the water.
Garbodor - About as fast as Machamp. Can push heavy objects, and automatically picks up and gives you any hidden items you come near.
Vikavolt - Late game Ride Pokemon. Soars like Latias/Latios allowing slower travel than Abra but with the possibility of aerial encounters and traveling to new places for the first time (after which Abra could teleport there). Can shoot thunderbolts to break up clouds.
Drifblim - Late game Ride Pokemon. Slow, but lets you hover over grass or water (or hold B to lower you in.) Also lets you hover back up ledges, and across chasms.
>>
In the case of Diamond and Pearl remakes, I'd like all the Pokepager Pokemon to be from the dex.

Essential Pokepager Pokemon

Driflbim - Flies to locations already visited
Bibarel - Slow swimmer
Floatzel - Fast swimmer, can break through rocks and climb Waterfalls
Gliscor - Can climb up steep slopes (Rock Climb)
Altaria - Can remove thick fog from a location
Drapion - Can move heavy bolders
Garchomp - Can smash boulders and cut down trees
Luxray/Rapidash - Ride to move around faster, can't destroy rocks
Pachirisu - Similar to the Meowth idea, it sits on your shoulder and finds items.

Other ideas

Mamoswine - Able to walk over slippery ice
Hippowdon - Able to walk through sinking sand
Magmortar- Can traverse through lava
Togekiss - Soaring
Carnivine - Can hover over swampy areas
>>
I just want the lati@s style flying back desu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.