[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How were you supposed to know you could battle the Captains after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 200px-Sun_Moon_Ilima.png (57KB, 200x393px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Sun_Moon_Ilima.png
57KB, 200x393px
How were you supposed to know you could battle the Captains after the trials? I can guarantee 90% of people missed this.

That's incredibly bad game design.
>>
>>30583021
>I want less handholding and railroading
>WAW I HAD TO EXPLORE TO FIND SOMETHING!!!!GAME FREAK A SHIT!!!!!
>>
>>30583042
you just quoted two entirely different mindsets from two entirely different hypothetical people
>>
>>30583042
You can thank Gen 5 for this.
>>
>>30583021
How is that bad game design? It's a little special thing that rewards people for backtracking.
>>30583091
Why?
>>
>>30583090
No he quoted the idiots on /vp/ who
Are the most contrarian bunch on Earth
>>
>>30583091
Not even. Thank gen 6.
>>
>>30583021
are you a baby?
no?
then why the fuck are you complaining about backtracking in an rpg, fucking babbyshit
>>
>>30583091
How? Gen 5 was perfect. Gen 6 started the trend of the overly hand holding shit, and the telling you where everything is.
>>
>>30583042
Backtracking isn't exploring.
>>
>>30583155
Because he's a kalosperm. He doesn't understand that before gen 6, people actually had to go looking for shit.
>>30583165
This.
>>
>>30583091
You mean Platinum. Sinnoh's stupid, convoluted region pissed kids off and made them complain. It's why Unova is a fucking circle.
>>
>>30583203
Better than being a penis
>>
File: 1480219130611.gif (403KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1480219130611.gif
403KB, 500x372px
>>30583165
>Gen 6 started the trend of the overly hand holding shit
>Try walking 5 steps in Unova, your "friends" come to inform you of somthing you already knew with a 10 minute cut scene or "thats not the right way silly billy xD"
Seriously, Unova cucked your guys sense of exploration.
>>
>>30583021
Didn't Ilima explicitly invite you to his house after his trial?
>>
>>30583272
Yes, he says he can't wait for your rematch after beating Hala.
>>
>>30583172
From what I remember, you're never forced to head to any of he Trial Captain's homes and (with the exception of Lana) all of their homes are accessible BEFORE your trial. As in, if you'd take the time to EXPLORE your surroundings the first time you're in a town, you'd be able to find find their homes. You explore first, and come back after key events to get an event.

In the case of Lana, her home is in Konikoni so you actually can't even go there until after her trial anyways, so there's literally no backtracking at all for her.
>>
>>30583290
>rematch
More like he can't wait for your date with him because he kept on stalking you throughout the whole fucking island.
>>
>>30583221
Best region desu
>>
>>30583021
I actually expected to fight them all after their respective grand trials, just like Ilima. But since that one was scripted I assumed the rest would be, and since they never happened, I again assumed I had been wrong.
>>
>>30583328
But you hit the keypoint. Why would you go back to an area you already explored? If you already went to their houses chances are you would not come back
>>
They all tell you to visit them after the island's grand trial.

One of the few things in the game that isn't rail roaded and you still complain.
>>
>>30583165
are you fucking serious

Gen 5 was ridiculed for hand holding before gen 6 came along
>>
>>30583021
Well they all told you something along the line of "if we have chance I would like to battle you sometimes!". If you explore alot you can met many building that is likely to be an NPC's house. A house with lot of fishing rod for example can be guessed as Lana's house.
>>
>>30583129
/vp/ is not a hivemind
>>
>>30583021
Tbh I had no idea you could fight them until I noticed they had teams listed on serebii lol

As some other anons said, I went to their houses before because I'm thorough and there was nothing in them. Why would I bother going back? And ilima fought me immediately. Why would I assume I needed to go track them down to fight them? Especially since they're optional. I already got my "badge".

But whatever. I can use them to grind up the last member of my team once I decide who to add.
>>
>>30583042
Ya got me.
>>
>>30583042
this
>>
>>30583165
Gen 5 is a fucking straight line and your friends still manage to come to tell you where to go next after each town
>>
>>30583129
>/vp/ is one person with one opinion.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.