[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that despite its many, many, MANY flaws, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 11

File: gen5games.png (553KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
gen5games.png
553KB, 600x512px
Can we all agree that despite its many, many, MANY flaws, it wasn't THAT bad?
>>
Black and white 2 are easily the best games in the series
>>
>>30580537
Of course. There is no bad Pokémon generation, as much as this contrarian shithole wants you to believe. Gen 5 was alright, it lacked in the overall soul of Pokémon, but it was by no means bad.
>>
File: 1476462884716.png (361KB, 684x509px) Image search: [Google]
1476462884716.png
361KB, 684x509px
>>30580581
>>
>>30580588
>it lacked in the overall soul of Pokémon
What does this even mean? Is it a stupid way of trying to say "it didn't meet one of my arbitrary standards"?
>>
>>30580537
>>30580594
Nice bait and samefag.
>>
>>30580581
That's not Platinum.
>>
>>30580627
You've heard an assload of people say that Gen 5 made them drop the series, and it's because of that, it was just "different", and you know this to be true as well.
>>
If you want bad. Look at the Hoenn region. Now that a bad region.
>>
>>30580669
Sinnoh is shit
>>
Black white 1 are my favorite Pokémon games period
>>
File: 56958375_p0.jpg (139KB, 365x495px) Image search: [Google]
56958375_p0.jpg
139KB, 365x495px
>>30580537
>Can we all agree
No. I'm a contrarian asshole who'll never agree with /vp/ on anything. GEN ONE IS THE BEST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30580537
>Muh Kanto mons
>Muh designs
>Muh graphics
>2manypokemon
These fags are why the new games have few new pokemon, shit ton of cutscenes, and pander to normies.
>>
>>30580694
No, you're shit.
>>
>>30580670
Was been forced to use new Pokemon awful enough to drop the series, I've almost dropped the series due to a lack of new Pokemon in the recent gens.
>>
>>30580759
believe it or not post people aren't obsessed with getting a fuckload of new pokemon, most people are satisfied with the pool of pokemon we already have
>>
bump..
>>
Gen V have better story then much of past gen and is way better than Gen VI
Characters designs are the greatest
But then Gen V Pokemon designs exist.

It is why I never finish Black 2, sadly. Because to understand the story of Black 2, you must play Black to get the story. Gen V Pokemon stop me from replay this game.

It is why I think having sequel to Sun and Moon are bad ideas.
>>
>>30581576
On second thought, maybe Gen V is not worst and THAT bad. All other Gen are not worst, rather. At least Gen V introduced pretty good strong Pokemon.
>>
>>30581608
The usage of the words Power Creep so close to Gen V make think that isn't necessarily a good thing.
>>
Gen IV had G/S remakes, plus all the additional evolutions (Magmortar, Porygon-z) Gen VI had mega evolution, and Gen VII had alolan forms.

Gen V did very little to connect with the rest of the games, although I enjoyed being able to collect the likes of riolu and magnemite early on in BW2.
Gen v had undeniably the best story of any pokemon games, but no one really began playing pokemon for the story anyway.

I agree though, BW was terrible, it needed to have things like new evolutions for old pokemon, not two pseudo legendary dragon lines
>>
>>30580821
also, just the sheer number of shit pokemon in gen V. I'm not talking bad design necessarily, but shit like the Trio monkeys? swoobat? Jellicent? Alomomola? It's just shit. Could have left those fuckers out and it would have been no less of a game.

Quality over Quantity, every time
>>
>>30580537
Gen 5 wasnt bad, but it wasn't good either
It's the second most mediocre I felt any Pokemon game has been which is by no means bad especially since X and Y exist
It could've been much better though, change up a few things, spruce some shit up, never make the genies to begin with, some major things too like the forced shoehorning of ghetsis instead of adding him appropriately but mostly minor shit more than anything
>>
>>30582122
>Quality over Quantity, every time
Damn it, you said it. This signals every unovabortion on /vp/ to this thread.
>>
>>30582026
>two pseudo legendary dragon lines
Hydreigon and...?
>>
>>30580670
I've never heard anyone say they dropped the series because of Gen 5. I've heard people say that about Gen 3 and 4, but not 5.
>>30580821
I'll never understand this either, why the fuck are people so afraid of change? I can't believe people want to see Geodude, Zubat, and Tentacool again and again rather than something different.

Unova's designs might be hit and miss but the idea of encountering new things only was a good one.
>>
>>30580821
>most people are satisfied with the pool of pokemon we already have
[citation needed]
Also what the fuck is stopping you boring cunts from just playing the old games if you're such a faggot about having more pokemon?
>>
>>30582122
Gen V introduced hidden abilities which is the single most effective method of making shit pokemon be actually usable
You will always need shit fodder pokemon, but the concept of hidden abilities allowed those pieces of shit to eventually be usable (azumarill, diggersby)
>>
>>30582250
>[citation needed]
It's all anecdotal (and so is yours so who cares), but seriously the amount of people complaining about there being too much pokemon completely outnumber the amount of people complaining about the lack of a huge number of new pokemon.

/vp/ is probably the only place I know that both praises Gen 5 for muh 150 new mons and shits on Gen 6 and 7 for lacking 100+ new mons
>>
>>30582185
Haxorus.
>>
>>30580670
Gen V made me pick the series back up desu

XY and ORAS made me nearly drop the series before Sun made me regain hope in humanity
>>
>>30582185
Haxorus. Haxorus was the more usuable one, hydreigon evolves at like fuckin level 64 or something.
>>
>>30582298
/vp/ and brazilian Pokemon Go fan pages are literally the only places I've ever seen anyone saying there are too many pokemon.
I don't know where the fuck you're seeing people talk about the games, but you must not have seen fans talking about Gen 6 and why they hated it (70 new pokemon).
>>
>>30582224
>I've never heard anyone say they dropped the series because of Gen 5. I've heard people say that about Gen 3 and 4, but not 5.

Hear it from me. I started with Crystal and dropped Pokemon after BW. I came back with ORAS though, mostly because vidya's current overall state is bad and Pokemon is reliable.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 871x158px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 871x158px
>>30582336
Here's a poll from Serebii.

It's just one poll you'll find when googling "Favorite/least favorite pokemon generation" and usually Gen 5 is at the top of least favorite or at the bottom of favorite.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 589x202px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 589x202px
>>30582336
IGN
>>
>>30582383
>gen 6 is the most liked

Into the garbage this poll goes.
>>
>>30582411
>That huge drop off from Gen II

Do these count as fans? Even Serebii's here seems more reasonable >>30582383
>>
>>30582383
>what is your least favorite gen?
>gen 5
>SEE I TOLD YOU PEOPLE HATE NEW POKEMON, MUH ORIGINEL 151, I HAVE THE MEMORY OF A RETARDED GOLDFISH
>>
>>30580537
BW is in the top 3 for best in series alongside Gen 7 and 2.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 451x242px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 451x242px
>>30582441
>>30582428
Welcome to the world outside of /vp/, where everyone hates Gen 5 and thinks Gen 6 was good.

You now realize this is the only place on the internet that likes Gen 5.
>>
>>30582338
Out of curiosity, why'd you drop it? Was it just because of how the new Pokemon looked?
>>
>>30582383
>>30582411
If your logic made sense, the "least favorite" games would be in reverse chronological order, as each game adds more pokemon. Or, there'd at least be some visible correlation between how many new pokemon were added and favorites. Neither are present in those polls. You're retarded.
>>
>>30582305
>>30582332
Haxorus isn't a pseudo-legendary you morons.
>>
>>30582505
whatever helps you sleep at night, unovabro
>>
>>30580537
Genwunner here -- black/white 2 were incredible games that rejuvenated my waning interest in the series.

I hear them badmouthed all the time, but I never really see substantive criticisms -- what was actually wrong with gen 5?
>>
>>30582495
>most popular Pokemon games are gen 1 and gen 6 which had the most gen 1 pandering
Do these people actually play the games or are they all Go normies and nostalgiafags? RBY are really fun games but I will never understand why people keep masturbating over them again and again. What's wrong with new things?
>>
>>30580670
How was it different? Because it didn't have the older Pokemon available until postgame? Besides that, there was nothing "new" about it.
>>
>>30582495
Gen 2 added the fewest new pokemon since gen 6 and 7, but it's the second least favorite according to fucking IGN. Again, you're disproving yourself when you claim that "most people" hate new pokemon and think there are too many. Gen 2 added the fewest from gen 1-5, and gen 5 probably had the fewest available pokemon, seeing as how you could ONLY catch the new ones.
>>
>>30582288
alomomola could have the greatest hidden ability ever and I still wouldn't use that piece of shit.
You make a good point in general though. All generations had fodder like that (stantler, lumineon) but gen 5 had just so fucking much.
Pokemon that were just unusable: Liepard, those stupid element monkeys, beyheeyem etc.
>>
>>30582516
I couldn't care less about Unova, I'm saying you're a retarded nigger for saying that most people think there are too many pokemon.
>>
>>30582528
The only things I've ever seen are literally
>why are there only new Pokemon in BW
>I don't like the designs
>I don't like the story focus
except that the last one was blown out by Gen 7 and the first one by B2W2. I think people like to hate on things too much especially since the designs barely affect the actual gameplay since you can pick something you like and fantasize about stomping everything else you hate.
>>
>>30582495
>>30582495
oh cool, i hated gen 2, seems like i was the only one.
>>
>>30582497
Mostly Pokemon fatigue, but gen 5 pokemon being mostly forgettable didn't help either.

I don't even remember the team I used, and I can vividly remember by DP team.
>>
>>30582509
I know it's not, I'm saying that's what that guy was talking about. People think it's a pseudo legendary because it's a strong 3-stage dragon.
>>
They were basically the best games until Sun and Moon arrived. Sun and Moon has its issues, but it's mechanically superior to any prior entry. The gulf is wide. It also has better designed Pokemon than Gen V's, and the story, which not as audacious, is certainly more consistent. Until S/M dropped, Gen V's games were basically uncontested and rightfully so, though some could make the claim that HGSS were better with some valid points in their favor.
>>
File: 1465655407966.png (294KB, 594x705px) Image search: [Google]
1465655407966.png
294KB, 594x705px
>>30582544
>Gen 2 added the fewest new pokemon since gen 6 and 7
>Pokemon Genders
>Two new types
>Breeding
>Held Items
>The ability to play as boy or girl
>Pockets for the bag to streamline space usage
>Fucking Special Defense

Don't be a retard. I love Gen V, but it didn't add as much to the series as Gen II
>>
>>30582587
>which not as audacious
while*
>>
File: 1478440095963.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1478440095963.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>150+ new, well designed Pokemon
>Fully animated sprites
>A shit ton of cool features like unlimited TMs and Hidden Abilities
>Good characters and plot, rivaled only by SM
>Good maingame and great postgame

ITT conrarians. Gen V was the overall best Gen. Deal with it.
>>
>>30582550
>I wouldn't use that piece of shit
It's actually pretty useful as a support. I wouldn't use it, but I'm not gonna be a nigger and say it's unusable just because it doesn't fit my special snowflake tastes.
Liepard is also EXTREMELY usable thanks to Prankster. Substitute, thunder wave, swagger, foul play. It's won me a shitload of battles. Beheeyem is a good glass cannon.
Step outside of smogon's hugbox safe space, you'll see that a lot of pokemon are tons of fun to use.
>>
>>30582509
>>30582582
Hydreigon was the most stupidest thing about BW.
Oh, I finally get to victory road, I guess I will go catch the pseudo legendary dragon that is only found here at level 40 and level it up to fuckin level 64 for its final stage!

Fuck that. Who the fuck does that? Haxorus line was a good strong dragon type line that you could obtain mid to late game. Haxorus was the OG dragon type of that entire fucking game.
>>
File: 1453229788805.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1453229788805.png
11KB, 420x420px
>>30582617
>well designed
come on m8 gen 5 is my second favorite gen but let's not get ahead of ourselves here
>>
>>30582599
>"fewest new pokemon"
>Gen 1 Pokedex: 151 Pokemon
>Gen 2 Pokedex: 251 Pokemon
>251-151 = 100
Are you retarded? How much clearer do I have to be?
>>
>>30582682
>gen 2 mons
>new

like 80% of them were cut content from gen 1

:^)
>>
>>30582617
I think gen v is okay, but let's not pretend those shitty ass animated sprites weren't fucking cancerous. It is literally painful to look at those awful sprites with the artificial depth of field shit for more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>30582630
You're talking competitively, you asswipe.
I'm talking about actually playing through the game. No one is gonna pick fucking liepard over something like Escavalier or Cofagrigus
>>
>>30582575
Are you me?
>felt a good connection to my DP team, loved the game despite the slow engine
>then HGSS came and I had a blast since I loved gen 2
Then gen 5 came and I felt overall meh about the whole thing. I did have a few favorite mons come out of it but overall I wasn't feeling it.
>>
Gen V got me back into the series after Pearl. I completely dropped pokemon till like a week before X/Y and saw White version for £3 so I picked it up.

Got X/Y shortly after and was really disappointed comparing it to Gen V, almost made me drop the game again, but I got into shiny hunting and I'm having a blast now.
>>
>>30582703
You're proving my point. Read the other posts.
>>
>>30582719
I did. It unsurprisingly shit except for a few situations.
>>
>>30582719
>No one is gonna pick fucking liepard over something like Escavalier or Cofagrigus
All three of those can fill completely different roles. Also, I would. I'm not a child, so I use pokemon I like the design of when I play through the mindlessly easy games.
Besides, shit pokemon add spice to the game when you nuzlocke.
>>
>>30580537
>many, many, MANY flaws
Which flaws were these? Literally the only complaint I've ever heard is muh Pokemon designs, muh digimon, muh ice cream etc.
>>
>>30580707
This
>>
>>30582776
One thing I remember that was slightly poor design, albeit minor, was the lack of any good water types for most of the game.
>>
>>30582617
>100 well designed pokemon max (the rest are shit)
>sprites were okay
>Unlimited TMs was one of the few redeeming qualities of this game
>Characters kinda annoying, plot was good
>Maingame was nothing special, postgame was literally shit
BW was pretty bad as far as pokemon games go, BW2 was far superior
>>
>>30582776
the kids that played dppt as their first real pokemon games are now 16 and are now doing their own genwunning equivelant
>>
>>30582587
S/M's postgame is a literal joke compared to B2/W2
>>
>>30582763
Eh, your nuzlocke point was a good one.

My point is that there was no need to fill in with all these shitty filler pokemon when they have 4 other gens worth of pokemon to fill in.
Gen 5 had all these cool pokemon, but they had to water it all down with an army of unwanted shit pokemon.
>>
>>30582884
>tfw most people didn't even touch BW2's post game because the main game was so mediocre
>>
>>30582918
I definitely agree that there are a few dumb shit pokemon that I hate in Gen V, but I'd still rather see Klink than Geodude, even if I love Golem. I'm done with Geodude, Zubat, Pidgey, etc.
Also, every time I play a Nuzlocke run of really any game, I end up using at least one pokemon I never thought I'd like and end up loving them, so maybe Klinklang is just the next one for me to fall in love with.
>>
>>30582974
I'd rather see Doduo than Pidgey. At least Doduo is cool.
>>
>>30582925
B2W2 main game was alright, postgame was good although very disappointing that there wasn't a G/S style twist at the end by fighting BW's MC.
>>
my memory's pretty bad but i remember liking bw1's story a hell of a lot more than bw2's
>>
>>30582974
That's my entire point dude, that;s why I actually enjoyed BW2. Being able to catch azuril, elekid, right from the start of the game was why it was such a decent game.
>>
>>30583094
the only thing I remember from BW is N and his hippy obsession with freeing pokemon, and going to his gay castle

i don't even remember the purpose of ghetsis and team plasma, I just rememer them using patrats all the time
>>
>>30583022
>tfw there was dummy code and text in the game for fighting the BW MC in the PWT
>Gamefreak scrapped it for some reason, presumably because they couldn't figure out how to port a proper team over with Memory Link
I'm so, so disappointed.
>>
>>30581677
Gen 5 did the pandering to gen1 right, same role to fill yet different execution, almost all the dex is a direct parallel to a staple of gen1, yet most of the guys featured here had a ridiculously optimized role, they too a Garchomp and ran with it.

Shit like Jellicent and Tentacruel being compared can be enough for an essay when both are 2 staged jellies with a focus on spdef and a ridiculously good neutral offenses, niche defensive typing.
>>
Never matter what anyone said, I believe that if they have to make 150+ new Pokemon, they SHOULD have add new cross-generational Pokemon while add old pre-evolution Pokemon in the new game. They were the greatest thing to happened in Gen IV (uh...in Platinum only).

After Gen IV, Gen V failed to become games worth to be play, at least for me. Simple because most new Pokemon have worse designs. No cross-generational evolutions. Maractus and Alomomola...just...why? Same goes for Gen VI and VII.
>>
>>30582122
>cherry picking Pokémon out of the biggest gen since gen 1
>hating jellicent out of all of them

Kys
>>
I feel that a good deal of the pokemon designs were absolutely poor in this series of games.

I also don't like the fact that they let the cutscene times get a little out of hand. Gen 1~3 knew they had to keep their Cutscene times at a minimum because of how much data they could work with, but BW1 felt like with that restriction lifted, they did a 180 and had to implement a cutscene every 200 steps or so, trying to become a true JRPG.

Ill openly admit, at my end, the fact there wasn't a Zubat or a Geodude I could catch affected me at the time because of Genwunner syndrome + not liking most of the designs (First pokemon in Unova I caught because I liked it was Deerling, rather than a need to fill out the team)
>>
>>30583246
Maractus is a hidden disk one nuke akin to Dunsparce, execution wise it is great for the level it is available.

Cross gen evolutions are OK, fucking bullshit pre evolutions aren't. They are a waste of dex space that complicates stuff for the players.

Fuck the shity headcanon of baby onyx or Lapras, are you going to fuck the low stats of onyx even harder? Are you going to make an even suckier ice water type baby Lapras? We don't need baby Pokémon and very few Pokémon fit the quota to be crossgen evolutions.

We got Megas now, and we got eviolite to be worth considering, I wouldn't want an eviolite sudowodo outperforming his evolution as it has little leeway to grow given its BST distribution and probable BST gain that comes from a third form, the only saving grace would be gaining a secondary typing on evolution to save him from the eviolite version bring better.

Cross gen evolutions can be good, but remember that they can invalidate the concept of the base form as a Pokémon, look at Tangela vs Tangrowth in obscurity or Rhyperior vs Rhydon marginal stat gains yet Rhyperior pulls it off well by a miracle.
>>
Gen 5 was awesome, but I need to admit... I just started to appreciate it more when I finished Gen 6 (because you know, gen 6 was terrible and completely opposite to Gen 5).
>>
>>30582536
The story constantly bogged you down. Going from FRLG and DPPt to Black was uncomfortable. I dropped the series there and picked it up again during ORAS. It's a pokemon game. Not fucking Fire Emblem.
>>
>>30582587
>It also has better designed Pokemon than Gen V

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>30583450
>I feel that a good deal of the pokemon designs were absolutely poor in this series of games.

Then came along gen 7

At least there's only 70 and not over 150 ugly, slow pokemon in SM.
>>
What is the gen v post game that people keep using as a point to say it's the best? The only post game thing I remember was like 3 towns being available, catch legendaries and being told to find those sage shitheads who all had piss easy teams.
>>
>>30583793
>forgetting PWT
>>
The fact that this atmosphere is perfect for fangame creation yet is highly unsuitable for one due to the extremely demanding attitude of the members is quite unfortunate.

You guys failed to keep Clover and Sage. I'm so disappointed.
>>
>>30583793
BW had no postgame. BW2 had the Pokemon World Tournament.
>>
>>30583809
People suck BW2 cock even though BW was so bland I couldn't stomach a second go at Unova
>>
>>30583809
>>30583825
Just googled it because I didn't play bw2, how is this any different to battle maison in gen6?
>inb4 b-but rental battles!
>>
>>30583809
PWT was cool because you get to see past major characters, but the actual tournament system is just dumb and you realize PWT doesn't do much but stimulate your nostalgia neurons
>>
>>30583483
>disk one nuke
I konw what you are anon...
>>
>>30580670
No. What I remember is everyone saying they were going to wait for Grey expecting another Platinum situation and shitting themselves because Game Freak went "full Jew" and split the third version into two sequel games and ruined the franchise coherency.

That and people just falling out after HGSS because they came back for the nostalgia.
>>
>>30583717
I love Gen 5 but I completely agree. Look at the Tapus vs Genies or UBs vs the godawful Sword Trio.

Even 'shitty designs' like Toucannon (Which I like but I see why people don't) still look better than Gen 5's worst, such as the Monkeys.
>>
File: 970.png (245KB, 560x414px) Image search: [Google]
970.png
245KB, 560x414px
You know what I miss?

Trainers popping into frame mid-battle to taunt you. Dunno why they stopped doing that. It made N's final fight so much better because for fucks sake he was a god tier rival.

N is best.
>>
>>30580537
But B2W2 are some of the best games in the franchise, and I started with Gen 1 so haters can kiss my butt.
>>
>>30584033
SM don't do that? That's bizarre, the trainers being present in battle was a big aspect of it.

Maybe they'll do something like that in the future.
>>
Ugly battle backgrounds, Bad 'mon designs, Ghetsis being a slightly twisted Giovanni essentially putting Neo Plasma as the Team Rocket 2.0, the main characters designs, the pokemovie thing that was forced into you after beating the 2nd Gym, Daycare post-league and I think that's it for me.
>>
Playing Black right now for the first time, complaints:
>you can't go any further than 1 route from your current, undefeated gym
>first few routes have the same normal type shitmons
>multiple rival battles where the rival is underleveled for no reason
>team plasma is a fucking stupid team from their ideas to the people in it
>same shit every gym, do thing X before you can enter the gym
>right before every gym there's a wild mon available that's super effective against that gym
>>
>>30584343
>you can't go any further than 1 route from your current, undefeated gym
Like in almost any Pokémon game?
>first few routes have the same normal type shitmons
>multiple rival battles where the rival is underleveled for no reason
>team plasma is a fucking stupid team from their ideas to the people in it
Like in almost any Pokémon game? Also, Plasma is the only team to achieve its goals even if it is for a moment, and it's not that stupid to have a team that supposedly fights for Pokémon rights while having a secret agenda.
>same shit every gym, do thing X before you can enter the gym
Only valid complaint, maybe.
>right before every gym there's a wild mon available that's super effective against that gym
Like in EVERY FUCKING POKÉMON GAME?
>>
>>30584343
You can say this about pretty much literally every game. What's rocket's fantastic ideas that makes them so much better, just stealing pokemon? What makes Plasma stupider than the teams who want to commit genocide?
>>
>>30580537

B/W > B2/W2

They didn't need to apologize for trying new things.
>>
>>30584908
I have to add to this

Gen I
Brock -> Wild Mankeys and Nidorans before it
Misty -> The route after the bridge have Bellsprouts and Oddish
LT. Surge -> Digglet Cave
Erika -> The patch of grass before Celadon has Vulpix/Growlithe. You can even buy a Fire Stone to make them stronger
Sabrina -> Lavender Town (even if in Gen I that didn't work as expected because GF oversaw it)
Koga -> Only one that doesn't hands you a suppereffective mon in the route before, mainly because you can access Fuchsia City from two different routes.
Blaine -> You get to Cinnabar SURFING.
Giovanni -> You get to Palette Town and then Viridian by Surfing again. Patch of grass before Palette town has Tangela.

Gen 2
Falkner - Geodude right before. A girl trades you an Onix for a Bellsprout in the same fucking town.
Bugsy -> Geodude again in the Union Cave
Whitney -> Geodude you should already have in your team if you're not dense, and a trade in mall for a motherfucking Machop.
Morty -> You can get Ghastly in the Tin Tower, provided you didn't have one from Bellsprout Tower
Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, only ones you don't get a suppereffective mon right before because you can have the battles in any order.
Clair -> You get ther after an ICE CAVE.

(cont)
>>
>>30580537
>many, many, MANY flaws
Such as?

Literally the only thing I can think of is BW being super linear (the region was a literal circle), but even that was fixed in BW2.
>>
>>30584981
I really wish they'd try to integrate the E4 and villainous team storylines again. BW actually didn't have that weird part of the story where you defeat some apocalyptic threat and then everyone forgets about it and you go back to being a regular trainer who fights the last gym leader and challenges the league, but every game since then has given up on making the two storylines work together well.
>>
>flaws

What flaws?

All I hear is genwunners complaining they can't use "muh bros", and a "linear" map as if somehow any of the previous games didn't railroad you in the exact same way, just pretended you could explore.

Otherwise it had great design, great characters, loads of cool new designs, one of the best stories in a pokemon game, better music than XY, and so on and so forth.

It's because of these people we have a new gen with barely 100 new pokemon, again.

Reminder there are literally people here who defend the worst Gen in the series, Gen 4, then rag on its infinitely improved sequel.
>>
>>30580537
But they weren't bad, they were some of the best games so far. Anyone who disagrees is a filthy genwunner who'd perpetually mad because they can't use their bros in BW1.
>>
>>30584908
>>30584946
yeah i guess so, maybe i just paid more attention to this than like emerald
>>
>>30585045
>the worst Gen in the series, Gen 4

what makes you say that?

gen 4 was what got me into competitive pokemon, i feel like it's been a huge downhill shitfest since then due to genies and other stupid suicide-by-design power creep additions
>>
>>30580694
>replying to tripfags
>>
continued from >>30585004

Gen 3
Roxanne -> If you don't have a Seedot/Nuzleaf or a Marill before getting there, you did something bad
Brawly -> Wingull before, Abra in the cave you can access from the very same city
Wattson -> Not supereffective, but you get resists in the form of grass Pokémon like Roselia. Desert is not accesible by the time you get there.
Flannery -> The route before has Marills and Mt Chimney has Ground-type Pokémon.
Norman -> Nothing just before. Maybe if you took a Shroomish in the first visit to the Petalburg Woods it will be a Breeloom by now. Anyway this gym specializes in Status Moves, so you are ok with any type.
Winona -> Nothing!
Tate and Liza -> Sharpedo in the very same city by fishing.
Wallace/Juan -> Nothing!

Gen 4
Roark -> Abra for Machop trade in city
Gardenia ->Buizel for Chatot trade in city. Can also get a Ponyta before arriving
Maylene -> Abra and Kadabra just before.
Crasher Wake -> Roselia besides the city
Fantina -> Ghastly besides the city
Byron -> In Iron Island there are lots of Ground Pokémon. You also get a Riolu there (but wouldn't be useful for the battle unless you grind).
Candice -> Jus before arriving to the city you encounter Machokes and Medichams
Volkner -> Gastrodon just before

Shall I continue or are you getting the pattern?
>>
>>30585180
got it
>>
Attn: everyone

I am a genwunner, and I also liked Gen 5.

I hope I blew your minds.

Thanks
>>
>>30585180

for Brawly I'd also add Sableeye which invalidates both of his Pokemon really hard
>>
>>30585201
Right there with you.
I think it has become my favorite Gen.
It brought back a freshness I hadn't felt in the series since RBY.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.