[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix these 4 types without crippling others? >Bug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: You_Doodle_2016-12-07T01_01_35Z.jpg (52KB, 237x234px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-12-07T01_01_35Z.jpg
52KB, 237x234px
How do we fix these 4 types without crippling others?

>Bug resisted by too much
>Ice doesn't resist enough
>Rock always misses shit
>Grass is like Bug with the durability of Rock and Ice but with a bunch of status moves
>>
>>30572805

BUG:
-Drops ineffective offense against Fairy, Poison, and Ghost.
-Gains resistance to Dark and Psychic.

ICE:
-Resists Ground, Dragon, and Water. Helps make Steel a bit more offensively valuable, too, as a consequence.

ROCK:
-Better accuracy moves.

GRASS:
-Gains super-effective against electric (same lightning rod reason as ground, think of trees if you need a visual image).
>>
>>30574287

Myself again, if resisting water is too much give ice a resistance to Flying.
>>
>>30572805
Bug is fine offensively.
Defensively, let it resist Ghost so that Ghost + Fighting doesn't have universal coverage.

Ice moves do half damage if used by a Water type.
Defensively, let Ice resist Flying.

Rock always hits if used by a Rock type.

Let Grass resist Fairy.
>>
>>30574484
I wouldn't say that bug is great offensively, it is resisted by 7 types!
>>
Grass is actually fine, or did you not see the venusaurs amoonguses and ferrothorns everywhere last gen?
>>
>>30572805
>bug super effective against poison, with poison resist
>boost accuracy of rock moves
>ice resists water and normal
>grass sucks, nothing can fix it
>>
>>30574547
I mean, you want to diminish power creep, not bolster it. Bug has some of the best representatives for a reason. Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, Scolipede, and Pheromosa are all really great, among others.
>>
>>30574702
Poison being weak to bug makes no sense
>>
Grass resists fairy. That alone saves it. Maybe does neutral to bug.

Ice resists flying and water. Also not weak to rock, fucking frost weathering is a thing.

Rock... boost accuracy, like stone edge to 90. More rock moves in general, distribution of accelerock.

Bug resists dark and psychic, neutral to fairy and fighting. Does neutral to fairy

This good?
>>
>>30572805
>Bug
-Make it so Bug moves used by Bugs have increased accuracy
-Bug is now Neutral to Poison
>Rock
-Same as Bug with move accuracy
>Grass
-Resists Fairy and Fighting moves
-Leech Seed is 100% accurate when used by grass types
>Ice
-Now resists Water, Poison, Electric, and Fairy
-Hail gives Ice types a defensive buff
>>
>>30574902
That Leech Seed one makes no sense. The only non-Grass types that can use it are Comfey and Celesteela, both introduced this generation. If they wanted to make it 100 accuracy they would have done it already.
>>
Make BUg neutral to Fairy. Seriously, it's not like it was broken before Fairy was a thing.
>>
>>30574902
All of this is great, just change bug's neutral to fairy.

>Ice
>Resists Electric

I was going to suggest this as well, I'm glad someone else passed science.
>>
>>30572805
>Bug
Give more resistances like Fairy, Dark and Psychic.
Drop some ineffectiveness around.

>Ice
Resists the types it is supereffective against(except Grass)
Apart from that, leave it as it is.

>Rock
Get more Rock mons to learn Coil or Hone Claws.

>Grass
Grass is OK. Their primary job is setting up and not setting up, so give powder-based moves more accuracy on Grass types and stop slapping Sap Sipper onto everything.
>>
>>30575228
What does the freezing do to conductivity?
>>
Grass now gets an auto Leftovers in Rain and Sun.

Heavy Rain and Harsh Sun do double the effect, healing 1/8 instead of 1/16
>>
>>30575334
Not so much conductivity as absolute zero is the absence of energy. Thermal conductivity.
>>
>>30575432
>Ludicolo is now ubers
>>
>>30572805
It gets even sillier when you consider how fucking broken fairy typing is.

Game freak really needs to get their shit together.
>>
File: 1475564828164.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475564828164.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>30575486
>>
>>30575509
You know it would make perfect sense for grass to be super-effective against fairies, or at least resist them.
>>
File: IMG_3761.png (187KB, 630x671px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3761.png
187KB, 630x671px
>>30575486
You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>30575435
Superconductors only work at super low temperature though right? I also don't think ice types are absolute zero level of cold, because then they would be immobile
>>
>>30576393
>inb4 "slow bulky ice types" joke
>>
>>30575486
ludicolo? What about Ferrothorn? It can now heal itself with double leftovers (or Rocky Helmet if you like)+Leech Seed+reduced Fire damage

If rain was still permanent, this thing could easily go AG.
>>
>>30574547
>!
show tits
>>
are we seriously forgetting about my nigger poison.
>>
>>30576643
Nigga, Poison is doing just fine.
>>
>>30576784
not offensively
>>
>>30576643
poson is good now, stfu
>>
>>30576869
It's like Steel: good defensively not offensively. That's the point
>>
>>30572805

Ice should resist itself, Water, Dragon, Flying and Grass.
>>
File: PKMN_Everything - Copy.png (354KB, 958x1260px) Image search: [Google]
PKMN_Everything - Copy.png
354KB, 958x1260px
>>
>>30572805

Bug super effective against Fairy, as Fairy is the feminine sort of thing and women hate bugs.
>>
>>30574287
>Grass SE against Electric

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever, other than that these changes are pretty good.
>>
>>30576948
>poison even remotely as good as steel defensively
>>
>>30578165
Does Steel have a ubiquitous status effect?
>>
>>30578559
>defensively
>>
File: 1480905263288.png (294KB, 594x705px) Image search: [Google]
1480905263288.png
294KB, 594x705px
Why does poison have no effect on steel anyways. Acid can corrode and dissolve the shit out of iron.
>>
>>30574287
>BUG:
>-Drops ineffective offense against Fairy, Poison, and Ghost.
>-Gains resistance to Dark and Psychic.
lol no
>>
>>30577068
That's retarded. If you knew a single thing about folklore you'd know that in most cultures, Fairies are known to control bugs. That's exactly why Bug type is shit against Fairy, nothing about the Fairy type is feminine that's retarded
>>
>>30576643
All it needs is Water SE. Then it's perfect.
>>
Took most of this from other posts itt

>Poison is SE against Water and gets a priority move, Poison Dart
>Ice resists Water and Dragon, Steel is no longer SE, and Hail heals 1/16 HP
>Rock gets a move like Freeze Dry that does double damage to Steel types, Crush Compact. Omastar and Cradily (and Corsola and Aurorus) get a powerful special move, Brilliant Stone
>Grass resists Fairy
>>
>>30577218
Have ya ever tried to electrocute a tree
>>
>>30579033
Because the poison used by poison types is not corrosive acid. The exact same reason why the unique ability introduced just this generation to make poison work against steel types is CALLED corrosion, because it IS corrosive. The corrosion ability should have made poison-type attacks at least somewhat effective against steel types too though, just the status is lame.
>>
>>30577218
Rubber comes from trees.
>>
I like how Gamefreak acknowledges that grass is weak by making one of the more OP types (fairy) give direct support to it.
>>
>>30572805
Start making fast Ice and Rock sweepers instead of slow and bulky shitmons.
>>
>>30572805
They could have done shit when they introduced Fairy.

>Rock, Ice and Grass resist Fairy (Steel and Poison don't, but are super effective on it)
>Bug not resisted by Fighting
>Bug not resisted by Fairy (WHAT WAS GAME FREAK THINKING)
>Fire does not resist Fairy

Fixed it
>>
>Rock
just buff the damage of all rock moves to make it in line with the "risk vs reward" nature of offensive rock moves
>Bug
remove Fairy and Ghost types' resistance to Bug
>Ice
resist to Flying; buff Ice attacks if used by Ice Pokemon (in addition to STAB)
>Grass
no changes
>Poison
more higher BST pokemon
>>
>>30582081
That's because fairies are close to nature and are often depicted as protecting trees and shit, they should have made Grass resist Fairy.
>>
one that could help ice is stop letting all water types know ice moves

this could also help grass as well
>>
>>30581532
>>30581940
in this case just making it resist (or even making it immune really) would work
>>
>>30574287
>Gains resistance to Dark and Psychic
Because you can't read a cockroach's mind? Because you can't be more evil than a mosquito?
>>
>>30584372
You might want to refamiliarize yourself with the type chart, anon. Grass already resists Electric.
>>
>>30574287
>Resists Ground, Dragon, and Water.
None of these make any sense, making it resist electricity would kinda of work since ice is a bad conductor, or maybe grass or flying since plants and birds can't do shit against ice, maybe bug too
>>
>>30584414
>making another fucking type resist bug
>>
>>30576974
more sensible than a graph, thanks for that
>>
Bug is no longer 'not very effective' against Fairy
Ice now resist Fairy
Rock resists rock

Grass can't be helped
>>
>>30584387
i had a hunch which is why i suggested immunity
>>
So can we all agree that Ice should resist electric? Making ice/water types receive neutral damage would be a pretty neat advantage
>>
>>30584436
not my fault bugs are so shit IRL
>>
>>30574590
just like ice is fine because we have kyurem-b and weavile? or rock is great because diancie and tyranitar are good? or how bug is the best because scizor, pheromosa, heracross, buzzwole, and volcarona are amazing?

No, all those pokemon have qualities that make them amazing in spite the typing, not because of it. Ferrothorn would be better if it wasnt grass type, scizor would be stronger if it wasnt bug. You could rework the types of most of those into something else, and keep movepools, abilities and stats the same, and they would still be amazing.

Tyranitar is the only who even gets anything out of its horrible typing in the form of an assault vest on switch-in.
>>
I want to have a type that is weak to grass and strong against electric. imo fairy was made weak to steel poison n fire which all beat grass whcih makes electric more strong than it already was. need new electric counter. ground is not enough
>>
>GRASS
Grass is okay. It could use a few faster, attack-oriented Pokemon but that's all it needs since its signature job is things like drain, leech seed, powders and all that kinda stuff. One Grass/Fire Pokemon would be interesting just to offset the irrevocable weakness to Fire in the metagame.

>ICE
Ice is tough to fix because it's so good offensively. Again, give it fast offensive Pokemon. Maybe make it resist EITHER Electric, Water or Flying, not more than one. It already has so many crutches in the form of auto-hail, blizzard, and all that shit. Give Mega Abomasnow Snow Cloak so that when it comes out, Snow Warning activates and it automatically gets an evasion boost when it goes Mega.

>ROCK
Make Rock resist Rock I guess. Again just give it better, faster Pokemon. Lycanroc is a step in the right direction. Some sort of accuracy raising ability would be good.

>BUG
Fairy is now weak to Bug.
>>
>grass
The only issue is that it's weak to some of the most common attacking types in the game. Resisting Fairy kinda makes sense, at least
>Ice
Throw it a bone, at least make it resist something other than itself. Or do something like rock types in sandstorm and boost a defensive stat in Hail
>Rock
Give it more 100 accuracy viable moves. It's ridiculous to have to rely on Stone Miss
>Bug
Make fewer types resist it. Ghost resisting bugs doesn't even make sense outside of making bugs suck harder at coverage.
>>
- Grass now takes neutral damage from flying and reduced damage from Fairy types
- Bug no longer resisted by Fairy.
- Ice now resists water
- Ice now resists Dragon
- Ice types cannot be burnt
- Ice types have defense increased in Hail
- Stealth Rock does typeless damage that deals 25% to flying and levitating pokemon, otherwise does nothing (another gen where Gamefreak refuses to do this despite it being an anti-flying move that deals instant high damage to various types that DON'T FLY AND ARE AFFECTED BY SPIKES ALREADY, FUCK OFF)
- Bugs are now immune to confusion
- Rock types now immune to flinch
>>
>Grass
I think it's decent but not great at this point. It's certainly more viable than the other three, but there really hasn't been a good pokemon that can utilize the offensive part. Hopefully we'll see one in a future entry.

>Ice
The issue here is giving it better resistances without making it seem too powerful as a type. Water would be a very logical resistance -- why it isn't strong against it is a mystery, but at least they created Freeze Dry. Giving it a Fairy resist would be nice too, but that's probably going too far.

>Rock
NERF STEALTH ROCK. Because Stealth Rock is available on non-Rock types, there's no point to bringing a Rock type because you already have the benefits of hitting things with Rock type attacks! In any case, it needs better moves with perfect accuracy, as there's not that many good Power Gem users and Stone Miss fucks you over more times than you can count. Defensively...well, it's a bit difficult, but I wouldn't mind seeing its Ground weakness be stricken, as Ground is already a great type most of the time.

>Bug
A bit difficult, because Bug types have several good offensive moves (U-Turn, First Impression, Leech Life). Make Ghost and Fairy types not resist it and I think it would be pretty balanced overall -- it'd make Fairy types be more cautious, at least. Weaknesses can stay, even though I loathe its Rock weakness.
>>
File: 1455188332954.gif (330KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1455188332954.gif
330KB, 256x256px
>>30576974
>grass is weak to 5 types
>is resisted by 7 types
>Grass Pokemon almost never get moves outside their STABs so a shitton of Grass Pokemon are hampered by their movesets alone (the only Grass Pokemon that can learn Thunderbolt is fucking Ferrothorn for example)
>can't tank properly due to just about every Pokemon likely to have something strong against them
>outclassed at spreading status thanks to Scald
>can't hang out in sun because it buffs Fire
>can't hang out in rain because all Water types have Ice Beam
>can't hang out in Sandstorm because of all the Steel types
>only notable pure Grass Pokemon is Tangrowth, M-Venusaur wouldn't be viable without Thick Fat and it's Poison typing

Why does GF hate this type so much? Why can't Grass Pokemon get some fucking coverage moves? Why, /vp/?
>>
>>30572805
A fast way to fix those would be to completely change the movesets of pokemons, but it would also cause an uproar.

Just make U-turn a bug-exclusive move or at least a move that's learned mostly by bugs.
Do the same for ice-beam and stealth rock.
>>
>>Ice

Resists:

Water (Self Explanatory.)
Normal (For the same reason Steel resists Normal. You're not going to smash ice with your bare hands.)
Ground (For the same reason why it's super effect against it.)

Super Effective Against:

Water (Again, self explanatory)
Electric (This one I'm unsure about.)
>>
>>30572805
Leave them be balancing types is only an issue if one typing like Dragon is too offensively powerful.
>>
>>30585725

>>Bug

Resists:
Dark (Most bugs live in darks places)
Ghost (a ghost us not going to scare a bug)

Neutral:
Ghost (Why the fuck would ghost resist a bug? Makes no sense)

Super Effective Against:
Ground (Plenty of bugs burrow into the dirt to make their nest)
Bug (Bugs eat other Bugs)
>>
>>30585818
I forgot to mention that Bug should also resist Psychic for the reason someone else mentioned. I don't think you'll gain much from reading a bugs mind.

>>30584381
>>
Grass:
No longer resisted by dragon.
Resists fairy.

Ice :
Resists water and dragon.

Bug:
No longer resisted by ghost and fairy.

Rock is already balanced, it has 4 resistances including the rare normal resist.

Also, obligatory "make poison SE on water".
>>
>>30585865

After thinking about it some more, Ghost and Bug should either resist each other, or be neutral to each other. I think both being ineffective against each other would make more sense and givivg Bug another resistance would help it defensively.
>>
>BUG
Now resists Ghost
Deals normal damage do Fairies

>ICE
Resists Ice,Ground,Flying,Water and Fairy (Resisting Dragon which is only super effective against itself and fairy is immune to is mean and grass is also resisted by fucking everything)
Hail now increases defense of ice types, steel and fire types aren't damaged by it
Scald now does 70 damage and has 10% chance to burn, it's super effective against ice types (Freeze dry counterpart)

>ROCK
Now resists Rock (doesn't seem like much but dual types appreciate it)
Strong rock moves (both special and physical) with 100 accuracy

>GRASS
No way that makes sense to uncuck them on the type chart.
>>
>>30572805
>>30574287
>>30585725
>>30585818
>>30585865
>>30585932

Here's what I'd do to the aforementioned types and their effectiveness toward each other.

>Bug
Resists: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
2x Effective Against: Ground, Bug

Reasoning:

>Bug
Bugs thrive in the dark so they should naturally resist it. Turing the lights off on a roach puts it at an advantage, not you.

>Ghoat
A ghost wouldn't be able to effect a bug in any meaningful way since most ghost thrive off of fear. The the same fears a bug would have would not be the same as a human being.

>Psychic
Bugs are generally simple minded and instinct based. Reading their thoughts would gain you nothing.

>Ground
Several types of bugs burrow into the ground to make their nest.

---

>Ice
Resists: Normal, Water, Ground, Grass
2x Effective Against: Water

Reasoning:

>Normal
A large enough chunk of ice would be practical impossible to break with yoyr bare hands. If that's not a good enough reason for you, then think of it as why normal is ineffective against Steel

>Water
Do I really need to explain this? As an added bonus though, scald should be super effective against Ice types.

>Ground
Ground frozen solid is usually dead and barren. Think of it as the same reason why Ice ia super effective against Ground

>Grass
Since the water is frozen, I can't see how Grass would be able to have any effect what's so ever. Maybe keep neutral. Would need testing

---

>Grass
Resists: Rock
Immune to: Fairy

Reasoning:

>Rock
The fact that grqss resists Ground but not Rock makes no damn sense.

>Fairy
IIRC Faries are supposed to be the protectors of nature. So it makes no damn sense that they would actively try to destroy it. If Being completely immune to Fairy is unacceptable, the Grass should at least resist Fairy

---

>Rock
Resists: Electric
Neutral damage from: Ground

Reasoning:

>Electric
I don't see how a regular rock can conduct electricity

>Ground
It just personally doesn't makes sense to me
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.