[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every Pokemon has fully animated-but-unused walk and run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: RunningAnim.png (126KB, 477x365px) Image search: [Google]
RunningAnim.png
126KB, 477x365px
>Every Pokemon has fully animated-but-unused walk and run animations
So, I'm sure it's already been discussed to death here, but follower Pokemon (or potentially an expansion of field mechanics for your Pokemon) are bound to make a return now, right? Whether it's in Pokemon Stars, a DP/FRLG remake or Gen 8, it's very unlike Game Freak to put in this much effort where it isn't necessary, unless they have something up their sleeve.
>>
It was all for this shitty pokemon snap feature.
>>
>>30571066
FPBP

Sorry to kill the hype train
>>
>>30571066
This
>>
>>30570985
>Breakneck Blitz doesn't use this animation
>the Pokemon just stand perfectly still and their feet are hidden by a cloud of dust
>>
>>30571066
why'd they make one for every single Pokemon tho
>>
>>30571066
no since legendaries, mega evolved pokemons and those who arent form alola dex are included
>>
>>30571145
Probably it'll be a staple of the gen.
>>
>>30570985
Is it ALL Pokemon though? People have only posted a few of them here.
>>
>>30571066
I guess that makes sense.

Still, they're in there now. Maybe follower Pokemon wasn't their intention, but since they're already all done I would consider it very likely that Game Freak would recycle them in the future for something that the fans have been asking for. It's good press for very little work, and they don't even have to worry about it alienating the casuals.

The second Pokemon moves on from the 3DS (since the Pokemon models are high-poly as fuck), we're definitely getting more uses and more appearances of Pokemon on the overworld. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the whole gimmick of Gen 8 - some kind of hybrid of Poke Ride, HMs and follower Pokemon.
>>
>>30571066
if most the other pokemon just had a dummied out one, sure

but since they all have animations, its either for walking or a massive expansion to pokefinder in a future game
>>
>>30571204
all pokemons, fun fact, gengar levitate while following you
>>
>>30571145
>January2017
>Pokemon bank update kicks in
>Hey look guys we updated pokesnap to 9.0 with that super neat feature that allows you to take pictures of your favorite pokemon !
>Not that you cared but please have it anyway !
>>
>>30571124
This made me consider suicide.
>>
Gen 8's gimmick is overworld Pokemon
>Follower Pokemon return
>Nearly every significant trainer, gym leaders included, has a follower Pokemon
>Poke Ride will be replaced with a sort of Ride/HM hybrid - HM's return but they don't take up actual move slots, you actually get to surf on your own Blastoise, saddle up on your Rapidash etc
>Expanded Pokefinder
>A sort of expansion of the Dexnav formula, only you actually get to see those Pokemon moving around on the overworld in the grass
>A very select few Pokemon have the option to be set as shouldermon (think Ash's Pikachu)
Nearly all of this is completely superfluous and adds very little to the gameplay itself - it'll simply be Game Freak's way of saying "look! With this new hardware, we can actually show off our 10000+ poly Pokemon models in the overworld"
>>
>>30571234
>a massive expansion to pokefinder in a future game
What if Poké Finder was just laying pipe for Snap 2?
>>
File: eureka happy blush.png (221KB, 438x333px) Image search: [Google]
eureka happy blush.png
221KB, 438x333px
Sinnoh remakes are gonna be awesome
>>
This big issue is that all pokemon will have to be to scale. meaning you can't just walk around with a wailord behind you. I am sure they could make a cut off of 4' or something like that but then you would all complain that your favorite mon can't follow you.
>>
>>30572324
>have celesteela following you
>its fat ass takes up the entire screen
>>
>>30572324
I would love to see a comic about how all the dragons are too big to follow anyone but then everyone laughs at charizard for being short enough to follow.
>>
>>30571066
Nope. The animation for walking and aim are in seperate files. Pikachu has separate movement and actions for snap.

I think they were trying to make a following system but having the models walking around in full detail in the overworld would obviously lag. If there is a Pokemon Stars on the switch, I imagine it would be able to handle it.
>>
File: meow_meow_i_am_a_cat.gif (1023KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
meow_meow_i_am_a_cat.gif
1023KB, 424x318px
>>30570985
>not posting the superior version
>>
>>30574205
>arcanine
>cat
>being this retarded
>>
>>30574265
anon...
>>
>>30574265
>not getting the reference
>being this new
You are the retard, newfag.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.