[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! SO FUCKING CLOSE!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161206_232158.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161206_232158.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! SO FUCKING CLOSE!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30566587
what team were you using anon?
>>
get good
>>
>he didn't jksm at 45
deserved it desu senpai
>>
>>30566660
Ninetails
Golisopod
Mimikyu
>>
Op here. Am I the only one opposed to using legendaries?
>>
>>30568574
you can't use them in battle tree anyway
>>
>>30568574
No, there are a lot of people with autism like you.

Try therapy.
>>
>>30568574
What's the reasoning there? Psuedos almost always high higher BST's than Legendaries (aside from box legendaries). Do you not use Psuedos either?
>>
aim for 200.
>>
>>30568591
Yeah you can, just not the boxarts and the future boxart.
>>
>>30568656
My team was>>30566781
>>
>Diglet used Fissure!
>It's a One-Hit KO!
>Milotic fainted!
>Diglet used Fissure!
>It's a One-Hit KO!
>Porygon-Z fainted!
>Diglet used Fissure!
>It's a One-Hit KO!
>Salazzle fainted!
i'm so fucking mad
>>
>>30566587
The same happend to me, in the last battle i miss 3 attacks in a row, TREE ATTACKS!!!!
>>
>>30568574
I got past 50 without legendaries/UBs
>>
>>30569457
I'm sure your mom is proud of you.
>>
>>30569392
Walrein did this to me on battle 47 of the maison
almost had an aneurysm
>>
>>30569457
Nice. I'm basically beating the shit out of the tree with Primarina, Mimikyu and Mudsdale. I'm only on battle 10 now though, but as long as I don't play like a dumbass I win.
>>
>>30569533
Was it a Bright Powder Fissure/Sheer Cold Walrein? Fucker's been around since Gen 4.
>>
>>30569585
Solid team. Even if you don't make any mistakes, the game finds a way to fuck you over. Good luck.
>>
what teams are you using for BT singles?
>>
>>30566587
>get paralyzed
>can't move for six turns in a row
>get memed by moody

woooooow there's literally nothing I could do
>>
>>30569732
Thanks, man. So far the only thing that really worries me is confusion, and Pokemon that outspeed and can hit card with a poison attack. So far there hasn't been a team that's let Mimikyu set up less than 2 Swords Dances, which is nice.
>>
>>30569790
Hit hard. Wow, I can't type at all today. Anyway, for anyone who's interested, the movesets are

Primarina @ Ass Vest
Rash Nature
Hydro Pump
Dazzling Gleam
Ice Beam
Hyper Voice/Psychic/Shadow Ball

Mimikyu @ Spell Tag
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Leech Life

Mudsdale @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Heavy Slam
Superpower
Iron Defense
Earthquake

EV them as you normally would.
>>
>>30566587
Just bite the bullet and use sub + DD mega mence. EZ wins.
>>
>>30569728
>tfw you consider running a Cryogonal for the sole purpose of memeing on that fucker
It'd be easier to fit a Sturdy 'mon onto a team, what the fuck is wrong with me.
>>30570070
>Rash Primarina over Modest
>Jolly Mudsdale over Adamant/Brave
May I ask why?
>>
Singles: Tapu Koko, Pheromosa, Celesteela
Doubles: Pelipper, Kingdra, Xurkitree, Mamoswine

I tried to get through Doubles with a Trick Room team but it was too hard. At least with Rain you don't need to give up a turn to set up. My Kingdra was EVed in Attack instead of Special Attack as a mistake.

Now I have to get through Multi.
>>
>>30566587

>Colress ended my streak at 69

Not even mad.
>>
File: 1479180146350.png (34KB, 142x194px) Image search: [Google]
1479180146350.png
34KB, 142x194px
>>30566587
Special Kommo-o with 3 attacks + Automize
Item: Fightinium
Purpose - Punch holes with Clanging Scales and All Out Pummeling and potentially sweep if given chance.

Special Greninja
Item: Life Orb
Purpose: Finish off something Kommo-o punched through and then potentially sweep and clean up as Ash Greninja.

Kartana
Item: Choice Scarf
Purpose: Use coverage and big physical attack to attack the possible Special Walls the game throws at you for packing two special attackers on your team. Mostly clean up.

I'm at 70 wins and rising.
>>
31 wins, would have gone on longer had I focus sashed Mimikyu rather than quick claw, which wasn't much use to me

Salamence/Salamencite
Adamant
Attack/speed EVs
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

Mimikyu/Focus Sash (formerly quick claw)
Jolly
Attack/Speed
Play Rough
Wood hammer
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Toxapex/Leftovers
Impish
Defense/Special Defense EVs
Toxic
Liquidation
Recover
Baneful Bunker

Usually Mega Salamence sweeps. If it encounters something it can't sweet most of the time Toxapex can toxic stall it to death. Sometimes Mimikyu needs to come out, and usually it can swords dance play rough most things to death.

With focus sash I predict this to carry me to at least 40
>>
>>30569585
>10 wins and thinks it'll be ezpz
Cute.

The game starts to cheat late 30s+.

I'll see you back in this thread when you miss 3 attacks in a row do to brightpowder.
>>
I haven't even fucked with Battle Tree yet, how much am I going to hate my life if I run a team of Minior, A-Raichu and Araquanid?
>>
>>30570843
>Toxapex/Leftovers
>Impish
>Defense/Special Defense EVs
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex: 43-51 (34.1 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 52-62 (41.2 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Toxapex: 44-55 (28 - 35%) -- 4.6% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Toxapex: 57-68 (36.3 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It would be better to invest in HP first on Toxapex and split the remaining EVs between both defenses.
I would also strongly, STRONGLY recommend Return or Double-Edge over Dragon Claw on Salamence along with Roost and Dragon Dance instead of Crunch and Zen Headbutt.
>>
File: 1456104764016.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456104764016.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
Jolly Mimikyu-Life Orb
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Leech Life

Bold Toxapex-Black Sludge
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Haze

Careful Sableye-Sablenite
Foul Play
Knock Off
Recover
Will o Wisp

I also lost at 47
>>
I got to 48 then the AI went full stall mode with a toxapex / blissey / bronzong. I was so pissed off.
>>
>brightpowder, quick claw, OHKO moves, evasion spam
Does GF actually think these are fun to face?
>>
>>30571018
>two Pokemon weak rock and a third made of paper
Enjoy your always-accurate Aerodactyl in every other battle.
>>
>>30570330
Rash because it's my starter and I settled, Jolly because it has just enough speed investment to be helpful. I forget the exact numbers but it's working for me.
>>
>>30571018
A lot. That lacks synergy and, though I love it, Araquanid can't pull it's own weight under that much pressure. Bring Tapu Koko with Volt Switch to activate A-Raichu's ability and maybe give it rain dance so that A-Raichu can hit thunders.
>>
>>30570070
lead with the mimikyu, it's not a good team but better than what most people here use if you do that. You might consider substitute over leech life on it so status can't fuck you over.
>>
>>30571141
Hey, that's pretty neat. Thanks for the tip
>>
I'm no good at competitive so I think I will not bother with the battle tree.
>>
>>30571031

I don't care if toxapex goes down. If it gets off toxic I can baneful bunker, recover until just about anything dies. It's steel types and taunting pokemon that really fuck it.
Thanks for the advice though, I'll re-spec for HP and see how it holds up.

Also, I'll try your idea for the Salamence moveset, as he's been really underperforming with his current moveset. He should be OHKO-ing more than he is
>>
>>30570843
>Usually Mega Salamence sweeps
it would if you actually had a set-up move (sadly only work up is available for you now) and return on it. Then if you run shadow sneak over wood hammer (you don't need it, ghost+fairy is almost perfect coverage but you're not blazing fast) you'll get to 50 easily.
>>
>>30571065
They need dynamic numbers so they can fudge the results and make it harder as you climb. I don't mind much desu, even if they cheat it'd be too easy to beat the A.I. if it was fair.
>>
>>30571226
>Too easy to beat the AI unless it cheats

G-gotta be the very best, right...?
>>
Are UBs allowed in the tree? I'm still working on a team to take, and I'm considering rock-chan the jellicent (i.e. Nihilego). Otherwise, the only member I know for sure is going is my adamant mimikyu.
>>
>>30571214

I'm fairly certain Dragon Dance can be bred onto Salamence, there's just no record of it on Bulba or Serebii yet.
>>
>>30571302

UBs and Tapus are allowed.

I'd recommend a jolly mimikyu because your free turn should be a swords dance which will already boost your attack. Mimikyu needs every bit of speed he can get.
>>
>>30571302
yes
>>
>>30570070
>spell tag
why?
>>
Is mega mom still useful? I know about the nerf but she still hits hard on her own and can kill off annoying sash users.
>>
>>30571302
Yes they are.
I'm wrecking shit with Nihilego, Buzzwole and Silvyally (Steel)
>>
>>30571337
yeah but I assume he already has the salamence so he either has to breed a new one or just use work up. I accidently forgot dragon dance in oras and used hone claws instead, which worked just as well desu: no more random brightpowder misses in trade for losing to random choice scarfers.
>>
>>30571337
wut? DDance can be bred on Salamance.

Breed it with Kommo-o, flygon (Fastest) dragonite, or gyrados (Easiest), or do the island scan and breed it with Seadra or Haxorus

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_Dance_(move)#By_breeding
>>
>>30571391
She's still good, just not an unstoppable rape train.
>>
>>30571361
What pokemon does jolly outspeed that regular doesn't?
>>
>>30571434
tell me how a salamence already in his party right now can learn dragon dance through breeding
>>
I'm a loser for using UBS but here's my setup

Pheromosa@life orb
Adamant (for beast boost Attack)
Poison Jab
High Jump Kick
Lunge
U-Turn

I lead with this always. It can usually sweep with no setup.

Either of the following

Mimikyu@red card
Adamant
Shadow Sneak
Shadow claw
Play Rough
Swords dance

Take a turn to set up and tear down whatever is left if Pheromosa dies (usually due to a HJK miss)

Metagross@Metagrossite
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt

For emergencies.

OR
Pelipper@damp rock
Quiet(to set weather last)
Hurricane
Hydro Pump
U-Turn
Roost

Basically sets up rain and swaps, sometimes gets a kill with Hurricane first.

Xurkitree @Electrium Z
Modest
Thunder
Energy Ball
Signal beam
Hidden power (ice)

This guy is awesome. Love using him. Never miss OHKO thunders, a Z-move nuke for your first turn to get beast boost or if you don't have rain and need to hit.
>>
>>30571434
>>30571402

Cool, Dragon Dance it is.

A few adjustments to the salamence moveset should tip me over the edge into 50 wins
>>
>>30571448

Jolly with 252 speed allows Mimikyu to outpace every non-scarf variant of base 95 speed and below, namely Tapu Lele.
>>
>>30571361
Lurker here, just curious since I have a jolly mimikyu; if it's 252 speed, does 252go to atk as well?
>>
anyone know what a good team to pair with;

feraligatr, adamant
sheer force@ life orb
ice punch
waterfall
crunch
dragon dance

would be?
>>
>>30571514

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mimikyu-qc-0-3.3588480/
>>
>>30571514

Yeah, do it. Pop a swords dance and you'll be one shotting a lot of things.

Pop a second swords dance and you one shot most things
>>
>>30571486
run a weaker fighting move (brick break or low kick) over u-turn so you can use that to not get fucked over by HJK misses so you can use that whenever hjk's power isn't warranted, u-turn is just wasting your beast boost.
>>
>>30571565
Cool, just as planned.png. I'm already set up. I am just debating if i need shadow sneak, because sub might be safer.
>>
>>30571065

Devs always make the A.I cheat like this or with rigged RNG to compensate for the fact that humans are inherntly smarter then vidya A.I.
>>
>>30571605

Shadow sneak to fuck faster ghost mons (The only thing you're weak to). Without it any ghost pokemon faster than you (Most) will 1hko you with a shadow ball
>>
>>30571658
That's valuable foresight on the matter. Is red card really the best item? Also any thoughts on z splash mimi?
>>
Should I feed my ash greninja a bunch of kelpsy berries and retrain it for max special attack, or jsut leave the attack evs for u-turn?
>>
>>30571731
Z-splash mimi is inferior to life orb SD mimi.
>>
>>30571655
Why is the AI so dumb in Pokemon? We have programs that can calculate the best possible way to play games like Go and Chess. Is Pokemon really more complex?
>>
>>30571731

Z splash just raises all stats by 1 tier. SD would be better.

Life orb / red card depends on preference. I use RC because I can get rid of stallers or pokemon who have set up their own boosts on me.
>>
>>30571731
Red Card is great because it prevents the enemy from setting up while you do.
>>
>>30571796
Z splash is +3 attack
>>
>>30571731
Also if you don't like the sacrifice LO makes you, or RC, your third option is a lum berry because Mimikyu's number one weakness is getting toxistalled or any other status
>>
>>30571781
>We have programs that can calculate the best possible way to play games like Go and Chess.

That's a pretty dubious claim there. Also, those games have feature that make them easy to solve (deterministic, full-information, etc.) The biggest hurdle is that those games always start the same way, whereas a Pokemon match has [BIG NUMBER HERE] potential starts.
>>
>>30571781

A combination of complexity and lacking need to make a super A.I. Things like Deep blue/its modern equivelents are made by the biggest programming nerds in the world with an assload of money behind them. Nobody is putting that much time or money into touching up the A.I of a part of Pokemon only a fraction of the player base bothers with.
>>
I'm thinking of swapping one of my team for mimikyu but I can't decide what item to use. I could see a good case for a lum berry, red card, life orb, red card, or focus sash.
>>
>>30569788
mimikyu, golisopod and rocket wife
>>
>>30571781

>Why is the AI so dumb in pokemon

Because pokemon is a game targeted towards children with the main focus being for fun, and if a kid wants to use their starter, 4 shitmons, and Box Legendary to beat the game then GF will cater to that 100% of the time opposed to the small percentage of autists who whine about AI.

Want an actual challenge with no RNG cheats? Play online.
>>
>>30571835
>based z-splash
Z-splash Tsareena has saved me a couple times.
>>
Is it harder than the Maison? I have the 5 statues, didn't take that long too.
>>
>>30571141
facade works great too especially if you've got a couple of sword dances under the belt
>>
What's the cheesiest setup for Super Doubles? Rock Slide spam?
>>
>>30572079

Correct since enemy trainers have megas now and it cheats right out of the gate.
>>
>>30572092

Any multi hitting move (Including EQ, Discharge, and surf) + Oranguru with telepathy (Prevents ally from damaging it) and Instruct so you can use the multi move again
>>
>>30572092
Eelektross and a ground Mon spamming discharge and earthquake
>>
>>30572144
Fuck
>>
I got super lucky and beat super singles on my first run through. Bulu, mega metagross and ash grenigger
>>
>>30572162

The AI's favorite poke is Bronzong so how is that going to work?
>>
I used Azumarill for the singles 50 win streak. If you can safely setup Belly Drum on the first turn, you usually win right there. If not, I had Garchomp and Aegislash to cover the weaknesses.
>>
>>30572228
>pokemon with soak
>>
>>30572261

So pelipper with drizzle and thunder, soak, hurricane, and tailwind would be better.
>>
>>30572368
until you run into anything with lightning rod
>>
>>30571529
Wait, how did you get a Sheer Force Feraligatr?
>>
>>30569585
Holy shit, i'm also using Primarina and mudsdale. Primarina is based
>>
>>30572537
Not legitimately if you're getting your hopes up
>>
I'm planning on going through with Dhelmise, Salazzle and Alolan Golem.
Am I fucked or can I do it?
>>
>>30566781
ninetails is weak try another special attacker like Alakazam, Gengar, or Tapus.

Golisopod is alright but its damage is average since it has to use a priority move unless its your last poke. I recommend Araquanid instead. If you like priority then maybe consider Lucario or Metagross.
>>
>>30572368
I run Pykumuku specifically to troll steel and poison types. Soak, toxic, recover and double team. Then when it hits me it vomits them. It's my staller/oddly effective gimmickmon.
>>
>>30572623
I predict a lot of earthquakes in your future. I imagine it will probably depend a bit too much on the anchor, but that's just a guess
>>
>>30572623
Some trainers only use one type. What would you do against the ground trainer?
>>
>>30572717
>>30572759
Well fuck, I didn't think of that.
Any ideas on what I should replace, and what I should replace it with? I'm having a bit of trouble getting the perfect Geodude so I would not mind sacking him at this point.
>>
>>30572624
Ninetales probably isn't there to sweep as much as it is to set up Aurora Veil and make shit easier for everyone else. I agree with you about replacing Golisopod though.
>>
>>30572026
>Game does tries to provide a challenge, does so using cheater RNG
>Feature has existed since RSE, arguably
>Battle Tree and equivelants definitely over the head of a kid using starter/shitmons/illegal box legend

>nobody actually wants a challenge, GameFreak would never try to include it

It's not that GameFreak doesn't want to provide a challenge, it's that it's harder to program competent opponents that just let them cheat.
>>
>>30572966
>>Feature has existed since RSE, arguably
It first shows up in Crystal.
>>
Does anyone have suggestions for a good special attacker? I have a Kartana as my physical attacker and I'm making a single battle team, but I'm having trouble deciding.
>>
what's the recommended set for Red Card Mimikyu?
>>
File: vac.jpg (179KB, 816x448px) Image search: [Google]
vac.jpg
179KB, 816x448px
>>30569530

(You)
>>
>Red Card Mimikyu is great guys
>every single battle leads with someone confusing, para/burning, or lowering something
>Next thing kills me with out any trouble
>>
>>30573628
Sub
>>
>>30571397
How do you run Silvally?
>>
>He doesn't run Muk

lmao
>>
>>30573860
>40 base defense
>>
>>30573785
Not him, but parting shot can be pretty useful if you lead with him. I didn't really find it carrying its weight when I used it though
>>
File: 1479694394171.png (580KB, 501x635px) Image search: [Google]
1479694394171.png
580KB, 501x635px
>get to 44
>All out pummeling registeel and sash heatran sweep me
>get mad
>get back to 37
>for some goddamn reason Carracosta tanks a +3 EQ (not even sturdy), gets weakness policy off and never misses Stone Edge
>I'm here missing play rough
>>
>Win 1 battle in the battle tree with Freshly caught Topu Keko, Vikavolt and Incineroar
>Automatically fuck off after it.
Okay so breeding time, I already got a timid Xurkitree with HP ice, plan to breed a mimikyu, but I don't know what my third Pokemon should be, any ideas?
>>
>>30573999
Gay fish with lips
>>
>>30573903
That Carracosta probably had Solid Rock, so...
>+3 252+ Atk Salamence-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 151-178 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Dunno what you were running or what the Tree was running, but the "Carracosta not dying" bit makes sense.
>>
>>30573999
I've just been using a Kartana with Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Sacred Sword, and Psycho Cut, and it's been serving me quite well. It went down for the first time when I was 50 deep in Super Singles and Red used Mega Charizard Y.
>>
Does the tree start to change shit up on you if you use the same pokemon a lot? I feel like I'm seeing WAY more fucking water types since I started leading with incineroar, and they've stayed since I started leading with Tapu Koko.
>>
>>30574121
I keep running into mono Water teams, and my lead has always been Xurkitree. I think they just have a bunch of mono Water trainers, but they probably gear their teams to counter yours, too.
>>
>>30573999
With those two, your weaknesses are Ghost and Ground. Something Normal/Flying, Dark/Flying, or Hydreigon would be good.
>>
Starmie is the worst pokemon I've fought so far, holy shit this is gimmicy as fuck
>>
>>30574238
I think my personal low point was fighting a lickilicky that had thunder, fireblast and blizzard that KO'd my entire team with only getting crits or statuses triggered
>>
>>30573117
pick a Tapu or UB, basically.
>>
>>30570843
>mega Salamance

So... You're not gonna take advantage of aerialate..?
>>
Re-spec Ash Greninja for special attack and it's breddy gud
>>
>>30574351
xurkitree

third mon should be agility BP/tailwind. perhaps give xurkitree a z move; once you kill one, the boosts make it easy to continue
>>
>>30574370

Maybe.
I'm experimenting at the minute and trying out a lot of different movesets. How would you slot aerial into my current moveset?
>>
>>30571391
>s mega mom still useful? I know about the nerf
what nerf?
>>
>>30575187
the babby does 25% instead of 50% now
>>
>>30566587
For Doubles
>Shedinja
>Muk: Air Baloon, Touch of Alchemy, Shadow Sneak on Shedinja.
Enjoy being god.
>>
>>30571375
Because I don't have Life Orb yet and it helps get Shadow Sneak sweeps going
>>
>>30569457
tapus count as legendaries
>>
>>30574575
>How would you slot aerial into my current moveset?
Nigger what are you talking about? Replace Crunch or Zen Headbutt with Return.

Also who the fuck said Ddance isn't available? Tons of dragons that learn ddance by level up are in SM.
>>
I can't believe people are actually trying to get 50 straight wins, lol.

you can spends hours having 49 straight wins and the 50th can be a 3-mon team that just destroys you. I'm not wasting my time on that shit.
>>
>>30575757
I thought Power of Alchemy couldn't copy Wonder Guard.
>>30575834
There's a free Life Orb in Resolution Cave.
>>
>>30572079
I have 5 trophies, 200+ in singles and 1000+ in triples.

Battle Tree is a fucking shitshow. Gimmicky RNG bullshit out the ass, and random trainers with megas and Z moves.
>>
>>30576028
Dope, thanks mang
>>
>>30576003
it's pretty much the last thing to do outside of autism hunting, as it gives a special pose too.

If you choose to not do it, then you're done with Pokemon until the next game.
>>
>>30576003
>lol why are people playing this thing I don't care about xD?

take your ditto and fuck off, reddit.
>>
>>30572079
>Is it harder than the Maison?

lol yes. It throws bullshit at you MUCH sooner and now you have Z moves and megas to deal with. Before you could just cheese the maison with practically any mega since none of the NPCs used them.
>>
I'm trying to get 50 without unique mons (tapus, UBs, silvally) and new mons only. I don't think it's possible. There's like a handful of new mons that aren't total garbage and they still leave massive holes in your team, often just not having enough raw power to deal with megas.

I'm gonna have to allow myself at least one older mon or I will never finish this.
>>
>>30576108
fuck off yourself. you're talking about a randomized string of 50 battles that you have no control over and can't possibly plan for every possible 3-mon team the game can throw at you.

you could literally spend months doing 49 wins in a row and always lose on the 50th. for months. years, even. why bother?!!!!
>>
>>30576222
>?!!!!

go to back whatever festering shithole you came from.
>>
>>30575757
Won't work
>>
>>30575757
>Muk's Air Baloon Popped!
>>
>>30576222
Weeks maybe I could see, but you'd have to be some odd combination of shit and persistent to take more than that (and weeks is really pushing it).
RNG is a bitch, but there are obvious strategies to pick up on and work around that you'll figure out
>>
>>30576486
>he doesn't know what power of alchemy does
>>
>>30574326
I fought that liicky too. Thank God for high Jump Kick.
>>
Battle facilities are a shitty excuse for postgame
>>
>>30576766
You are a braver man than I for trusting that move in the tree
>>
>Vespiquen used protect
>Vesipquen used protect
>Vesipquen used protect
>Vesipquen used protect
literally 4 turns in a row, what did they mean by this.
>>
>>30576610
>implying muk can get wonder guard
>>
>>30576958
I can't really imagine a vespiqueen lasting 4 rounds otherwise
>>
My team so far has A. Ninetales, Mimikyu and Toxapex. I want to change toxapex for a more offensive high sp atk mon. What should I choose?
>>
>>30572026
>>30571960
>>30571946
The main reason is because their "coders" are an bunch of code monkeys that only know how to do shitty Lua scripting,
>>
did the 20 streak twice and the 50 (murdered by mega salamence on 51) streak once and can't remember an opponents confuse ray, will 'o wisp or thunder-wave missing
>>
>>30577130
Xurkitree or Tapu Lele are probably the best special nukers in the game at the moment.

A-Sandslash with Slush Rush might actually be a fun and better option for your team though.
>>
>>30574575
Original guy who responded to you here, I believe Salamance learns double edge, I would go with that for the extra power over return personally
>>
Got in the 30s twice and both time got fucked by enemy Megas. First it was Metagross then Pinsir. They were just too fast. FUckinf Slowlola.
>>
>>30566781
It's Ninetales, not Ninetails.
>>
File: 1456435276474.jpg (36KB, 464x343px) Image search: [Google]
1456435276474.jpg
36KB, 464x343px
>Enemy Wishiwashi used ice beam!
>Critical hit!
>Your most important mon was frozen!
>Wishiwashi used ice beam!
>Your mon fainted!
>Wishiwashi used waterfall!
>Critical hit!
>Critical hit!
>Critical hit!
>Critical hit!
>Lose
Goddamit
>>
>>30579172
You forgot the flinching for 5 turns in a row
>>
I'm really not getting this. I've never seen any actual cheating by the AI, usually I lose because I accidentally fucked up on a switch, clicked the wrong move, just brought in a team that was weak to a particular mon that I didn't consider beforehand, etc. Like I know I've gotten my fair share of Double Teamers, status spammers, and unfair flinches, but I've also had a lot of hax against the opponent, which everybody never seems to bring up when discussing the totally unfair reason why they lost.

But I'm really convinced that this 'AI cheats and gets tons of hax' is a massive meme I'm not getting. I've seen the old videos of Rhydons getting three Quick Claw boosts and activating Horn Drill successfully 3 times, but I've never experienced it personally. Beginning to think /vp/ is a bunch of bad losers who cheat in mons and then complain that the game is cheating them when they lose lmao
>>
>>30580054
Just how much experience do you actually have with the various battle towers? I'm getting the impression you haven't done them much if you haven't seen ridiculous shit. Anything I say will just be an anecdote, but it's noticeable that things like crit rates are skewed. Some of it might just be items like razor claws, bright powder and kings rocks that traditionally players don't use, but I can think of enough times from personal experience where I know that wasn't the case to doubt the game is "playing fair". Still dealing with the cheatyface AI is half the point of bothering with the Battle Tree
>>
>>30580054
If you don't think the AI cheats, you haven't fought quick claw walrein.
>Walrein went first due to its quick claw
>Walrein used sheer cold
>It's a OHKO
>Repeat
>Repeat
This is only one example
>>
>>30579478
>wishiwashi
>flinching
>with that speed
Maybe if trick room was up
>>
I was playing today and I missed a Play Rough two times in a row, hit, then missed another two times in a row.
>>
>>30580275
I started with gen 3 and the frontier. The place where you fight spenser (forget) is a million times harder/more unpredictable than the tree or maison. Played nearly every game since (skipped BW, did play B2W2, never messed with subway). I've never really noticed major unfairness from the AI - usually I get pretty lucky too.

>>30580723
I know, I've seen it before on video, but somehow I never ran into a walrein that got that lucky. I met walreins with quick claw and sheer cold, only once had him land it, and it only knocked out one of my mons.
>>
Okay, so I'm new to battle facilities like this, but I'm familiar with their mechanics. If I remember correctly, the game has a variation of AI that analyzes your battle strategies, then throws teams at you that counter said strategies in increasingly brutal increments, I.e. If you set up toxic spikes a lot, the game will eventually send steel and flying types to cancel them out. If this is the case, wouldn't taking a break and switching your team around, say, 25 battles in trip the AI up?
>>
HP Ice Xurkitree smashed his way up to 25 wins before getting blown out by a scarfed fucking Torterra.
>>
Here's what I used to reach 50+ and I probably should have used Bulu instead of Koko

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Def
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Toxapex @ Air Balloon
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Nature: Bold
- Baneful Bunker
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Slapping Air Balloon onto Toxapex was probably the best decision I've made. Koko eventually baits out something that'll use Earthquake, usually something that Koko cannot outspeed and OHKO with Thunderbolt once it's locked into it like a Ground-type or Special walls. You will be seeing Wally a lot with this team, and Wally's Scarfchomp WILL use Earthquake, upon which you'd switch off to Air Balloon Toxapex. If it's something like Scarfchomp, it'll have no choice but to switch out. Or, it'll try with a contact move, leaving it open to a Baneful Bunker. If they tried a Fighting, Dragon, or Normal attack and their other strongest attack is Earthquake, switch back and forth between Mimikyu and Tox until they die of Poison or run out of offensive PP. Mimikyu on its own can do a lot, as it can set up a Substitute and/or Swords Dance to either stall or go all out. Just make sure that you only use Play Rough if it's to pick up a quick or last-resort KO or if they're immune/resistant to Ghost enough that a Shadow Sneak won't get them, as that 90% accuracy can be a pain. I got really lucky at times but this setup works better than it should.
>>
>>30575757
>Excadrill breaks the mold!
>>
I think all the crazy strategies and defensive Pokemon and varying accuracy moves are something you just shouldn't have for a postgame facility. The easiest way to beat your opponents is to literally smack them so hard they can't attack back. Usually, you set up on the first turn with something really strong and then just sweep. If that sweeper falls, then you go to your next sweeper and continue sweeping.

A team that I've had consistently get me up to a 50 streak in any of the modes has been a DD Mega Gyarados, a CB GW Talonflame and a Z-Conversion Porygon-Z. Just hit things really hard and you should get a streak going really quickly. Obviously this team isn't perfect, but I've only lost twice due to forgetting that Mold Breaker just ignores Disguise and letting a Feraligatr get 3 DDs up and not having priority to outspeed it, so that's why I added in Talonflame.

Also, if you smash through things quickly and easily, then it means the matches go by really quickly and it doesn't feel like you've wasted hours on the facility if you lose, you just get back to a 30 streak without 45 mins or something.
>>
>>30571434
is hydro pump viable? perhaps specs draco meteor/fire blast/filler
>>
>>30585613

Two sweepers does the job, but I like to have a tanky Stall Breaker/Staller on hand as a back-up for certain situations.

Reuniclus has always been one of my favourites for this because it can be both those and even become a sweeper iteself.
>>
>>30571529
>crunch instead of EQ

?
>>
>>30570987
>Late 30s+
>Not late 40s+
Cute, a retard.
>>
>>30566587
Can't wait to send over my toxic stall Venusar that has been cukcing ingame battle facilities since Gen3

> Protect
> Toxic
> Leech Seed
> Sludge Bomb
>>
>>30585463
How useful were Lefties on Mimikyu? I'm torn between something like that, Red Card, and even Wide Lens to prevent PR misses
>>
>>30586991
Lum berry if it goes first or wide lens if you plan on sweeping later.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.