[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I know the Battle Tree is suppose to simulate competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 1479977480306.png (193KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479977480306.png
193KB, 400x400px
Okay, I know the Battle Tree is suppose to simulate competitive play, but isn't having NPC teams builds/moves specifically to counter yours a bit overkill?

It's not like people can/will do that in actual competitive play. Instead they build teams that would have the most strategic advantage and least disadvantages VS any other team/situation. Not to mention all of the skewed numbers clearly in the NPC's favor.

Yes, the NPCs are still AI and because of that, no where near as smart as a real person, but that hardly matters when their shit is built to fuck you no matter what you do.

The "Battle Tower" feature has been broken like this since day day one in pokemon emerald and it's just as disgusting as ever.

> Run these specific sets of pokemon, git good faggot

Okay fine, but what if you just want to achievement/ribbons on pokemon you actually like and play with? With 800+ species of pokemon, and infinite combinations, all of that is made meaningless f you can only win using a handful of specific sets. It kills the entire point of the versatility that's suppose to be brought to the table.

It's insulting and lazy game design.

Fuck you Game Freak for never fixing this shit.
>>
>>30560713

And just to reiterate on the skewed numbers:

You will always miss an attack when it comes down to the wire, no matter how accurate the move or how evasive the opponent.

Moves that have a higher crit ratio will always critical hit. Always.

Opponent status moves are 100% accurate, and the effects will proc 80% of the time.

Opponent pokemon that have absolutely no business outspeeding yours will do so anyway.

Come the fuck on.
>>
yeah battle facilities are shit
>>
>pokemon is too easy! I'm not a kid anymore
>b-but battle facilities are too hard
>>
>>30560713

I don't know, plenty of people seem to manage to have fun with it.
>>
>>30561543
There's a difference between "fun challenge" and "nintendo hard," anon.
>>
>>30561543
battle facilities are no hard, are blatant cheating.
>>
I love that idiot anons still say "dur dur dur git gud dur" or some bullshit remark. They probably never even try battle tree or any battle facility for that matter. Anyways great points anon. I wish they had a system where it just randomly generates Pokémon competitive movesets for each NPC and not, like you said, generate one that specifically counters yours.
>>
>>30561543

eh

I think this is a problem of gf not creating a proper difficulty curve for their games

if the main game actually had a lot of trainers w/ ev trained mons and used hard ass strategies, then I think most players would be well adjusted to whatever bullshit the battle facilities could throw at them. It would mean a lot of power items, br items were available before postgame and the game actually pushed ev training onto the player. Pushing players to be smarter and more efficient in raising their teams is a good way to ensure an actual enjoyable difficulty curve
>>
I feel like they want Battle Facilities to last a long time because they're the final frontier for offline play. Once you beat them, there's not much else to do against AI. They're extending playtime with difficulty, like arcade games.

I don't support SM's decision to go full throttle from the get-go, though. In XY I was able to have some fun with my in-game team before it gradually got harder and I made the decision to start breeding.
>>
>>30561765
I know a lot of people want this, but I don't want to be slogging through ev fucking trained pokemon for the latter third of the game. EV training and IV breeding during the game isn't efficiency, it's autism.
>>
You can change your pokemons before battling red/blue, so any pokemon have the ribbon
>>
>>30563122
Do you get the ribbon from defeating only red/blue at 20 in regulars?
>>
>>30560713
You're wrong.
I play online with the intent of fucking other people's teams even if I lose a lot more than I win with my shitmons.
I'm the kind of person to try quick claw sheer cold just to be a dick.
>>
>>30560939
>Opponent status moves are 100% accurate, and the effects will proc 80% of the time.
This is my only complaint.
>paralyze enemy
>he attacks me normally
>get paralyzed
>haha, tough luck pal
>>
>>30563148
yes, but there are 2 ribbons, one for the 20 and anther for the 50
>>
>>30563054
>it's hard so it must be autistic
>>
It should have team preview and be like Battle Spot, where you take 6 Pokemon but pick 3 and the AI does the same.

But GF can't program an AI for shit so they wouldn't be able to deliver challenge this way, they have to stack the deck against you and lock you out of real choices in order to challenge you.
>>
>>30563221
It's just another form of grinding and artificial padding for a story that doesn't need it. Clever team design requiring counter design thought, making status moves non-pointless etc would be interesting but just making EV/IV training a thing in story mode would be cancer.

At least put it in like a Delta Episode-like adjunct to the main story, or make the reward easier/faster breeding and training.
>>
>>30563365
Pokemon Stadium was like this and it was just a clusterfuck of RNG and cheating, too.
>>
Battle facilities are the equivalent of the hardest AI in fighting games. Extremely predictable, but reads your inputs and can do things humans can't.
>>
>>30560713
>thought it would be like ORAS where I could troll my way 10+ fights in with my shitmons
>NOPE
>throw out my ingame tsareena
>fuck you, charizard
>manage to troll it to death with pyukumuku
>will-o-wisp
>pyuk is burn
>stalls me out so I can't even innards out his volcarona
>send out moondoggo
>will-o-wisp
>moondoggo is burn
>stone edge
>miss
>stone edge
>miss
>stone edge
>miss
>stone edge
>miss
>stone edge
>miss
>crits me
>moondoggo is kil
>tsareena uses high jump kick
>misses and dies
what fresh hell is this? This is pokemon, not Binding of Isaac. If I wanted RNGesus' fat cock up my ass, I'd do a Blue Baby run and not pick up anything from treasure rooms.
>>
>>30563714
>Not doing Keeper Runs

Get on my level casul
>>
>>30563753
Keeper gave me strokes from all the salt. I never got Dead Cat. And dead cat is best item. At least BoI doesn't cheat I guess. Rest in peace fallen RNGod.
>>
File: 1454748174415.png (133KB, 423x394px) Image search: [Google]
1454748174415.png
133KB, 423x394px
>tfw can't go five rounds in singles without getting bodied
I just want to battle alongside Wally and Cynthia fuck
>>
File: 1480905162003.jpg (208KB, 533x539px) Image search: [Google]
1480905162003.jpg
208KB, 533x539px
I wonder who the fuck at GF actually thinks the sort of bullshit at Battle Facilities are fun.

Oh wait...japanese. Masochistic as ever.
>>
File: 1410746457561.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1410746457561.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>30560939
>frozen by blissey
>spend 10+ turns frozen while it slowly whittles your last mon's health to 0
>>
File: 1478962634313.gif (98KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1478962634313.gif
98KB, 314x319px
>>30564255
The furthest I had ever gotten in super singles is 19 wins.

Wally and his Gallade's 100% critical hit ratio fucked me to oblivion.
>>
File: ReadMe.jpg (49KB, 380x700px) Image search: [Google]
ReadMe.jpg
49KB, 380x700px
>>30564286
Oh right I forgot... Japanese.
>Play any game online
>Go to competitive area (PVP)
>Japanese players all use the best shit, everything else is not optimal and thus discarded

Its like they aren't about fun. They just want to be the best.
>>
>>30564373
>win with your favorites

Fuck you Agetha. The game is designed to punish you endlessly if you use your favorites over selective competitive bullshit.
>>
>>30561744

Literally how new are you?
>>
>>30560713
It is overkill but they have been doing it in previous games when you get high enough, hell in fighting games when you play AI the computer reads your inputs
>>
>>30563422
Retarded me and friends sinked hours upon hours into Stadium 1 and 2 but the last few cups for each category always were an impregnable wall, well aside from the lvl100 ones, because Mewto+Amnesia was simply broken beyond believe.

But we had no idea what we were doing, we just cloned rare candies and supplements via the Missing No. glitch and went nuts on the Pokemon.
Tactics went as far as having strong attack and maybe stat up/down on each Pokemon.

I'd really like to know how I would fair these days.
>>
>>30560713
>need BP to buy EV training items
>my pokemon are too shit for that
Fuck you GF, at least in XY/ORAS the first 20 battles were easy, then they started becoming hard with super battles
>>
>>30563714
>Komala is drowsing!
>Assault Vest

Or

>Minior's Shields went up!
>>
Give me actual strats for this shit

Every time I think I've beat it, it pulls bullshit out of thin air and ends my streak. I'm trying to fight it with human intelligence and it's clearly not working. Teach me how to beat the machine

>bring sash garchomp as a solid all around lead mon
>sturdy counter a-golem followed by sucker punch moxie honchkrow
>>
>No fairies left
>Shell Smash Kommo-o
>All my attacks misses for some reason
>NPC tells me to git gud

FIX THIS !
>>
>>30565001
I went back as an adult and just ended up getting annoyed at its nonsense. The rentals are beyond terrible and never quite stand up to late-game enemies on even ground. The confusion/attract/crit/OHKO spam is a fucking nightmare.

At least in Battle Facilities I can turn off the move animations.
>>
>>30561543
there's a difference between "hard" and "bullshit" anon
>>
>>30565058
Eh just use your Starter, Top Kek and a UB or something that isn't ass.
Put on a movie or something and go nuts.
Also make sure to change the category from time to time so it doesn't get too repetitive.

Got to 13-14 on most runs and my UBs didn't even have a single EV on them.

It's still ass but you wont get those bracers from chickening out
>>
>>30560713
Except you're wrong.
There's a very limited amount of different sets each Pokemon can use, and depending on what the trainers is, a limited amount of Pokemon/sets they can use.
It's entirely possible to build a team that can take on every single one of these parring completely ridiculous hax, which may or may not happen anytime soon.
>>
>>30560713
You know that the game doesn't actually counter team you right? It's not in the code
>>
>>30560713
>>30560939
Why does /vp/ not know what conformation bias is?
>>
>>30565343
I did manage to get myself a tankchomp, using top Lele and pheromosa, although if lele dies i'm pretty much fucked against fairies, chomp has poison jab but still...
>>
>>30565403
>>30565412
Stop it anons, you're hurting their feelings. How else would they deal with the fact that they can't get good at a children's game.
>>
>>30565732
(you)
>>
>>30560713
It gets kinda funny sometimes, though. I've been using a Xurkitree lately, and the AI keeps trying to counter it by using progressively bulkier ground and grass types, only to get absolutely eradicated because you can't wall Xurkitree. It never occurs to the AI to try something faster with decent damage, it just keeps trying to survive hits from a pokemon with >480 S.Att. before buffs.
>>
>>30565872
except for the fact that it uses eq tauros to outspeed and 2hko actually
>>
>>30565058
Just use the damn Island, can afk EV train in 2 days if you switch it to the second stat after a day if its level 3
>>
>>30565925
I haven't had that happen yet, but if I see a Tauros then Focus Sash and Hypnosis should give 60% chance of killing it anyways.
>>
File: 1471382903808.jpg (441KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471382903808.jpg
441KB, 800x700px
>>30565990
>hypnosis hitting in hell mode
kek
>>
>>30560713
Fuck you. If GF actually fucks the facilities challenge just because of faggots like you that can't make a good core or strategy with 3 pokémon, there's nothing left in the games anymore.

Getting 50 wins it's not hard anymore. Stop being a shitter.
>>
File: 1477158741034.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1477158741034.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>30566198

I bet you felt really good about that post too.

Not everyone is retarded like you and doesn't want good, balanced facilities instead of bullshit hell mode.

Go be masochistic somewhere else.
>>
I like how the battle tree uses pokemon that are banned in most actual tournaments, like Mega-fucking-kangaskan
>>
File: 1463979174247.png (9KB, 84x178px) Image search: [Google]
1463979174247.png
9KB, 84x178px
>Tfw got sweeped because the opposing mon had a Silverpowder
>Running into mons that confuses you, then spams Double Team
>>
Is the Tree actually bullshit hard instead of difficult hard? What kind of hard were previous gens' battle facilities, the fact that the RNG is skewed against you in all of them aside?
>>
>>30565162
I've had fantastic luck with Kartana, Mimikyu, and Xurkitree. Colress is the only trainer to ever beat me. And my movesets are shit Thunder Wave on Xurkitree instead of Tail Glow, Electric Terrain instead of HP Ice
>>
>>30566742
>lose once
>start bawling like a bitch because it isn't as easy as the rest of the game

Get fucked nerd. The Battle Facilities are piss easy with proper strategy, you only have yourself to blame for being a scrub.
>>
Just back up your save every few battles.
>>
>>30568513

>confirmed to have ever even tried the Battle Tree.

Troll harder.
>>
>>30568405
They're exactly the same, except maybe Battle Tree is harder with the inclusion of Megas and Z-moves.
>>
>>30568556
I already beat Super Singles and I've posted my team before.

I'm working on doubles right now. Still doing test runs to see what works and what doesn't. But I should have it beat by the end of the week.
>>
>>30568594
I had some decent performance with a mono-Ice team. Using Ninetales to immediately set up a Light Clay'd Aurora Veil helped out a lot.

Snowslash still wasn't so hot though.
>>
>>30568672
I'm actually running this shit too.

I'd recommend getting rid of Light Clay and going Focus Sash. Guaranteed Aurora Veil is better than 3 extra turns.

Also, I wouldn't recommend your support to be ice as well. You're gonna run into shit that'll get rid of weather first turn, or you'll run into MegaZard-Y which can be a run killer.
>>
>>30568775
My Cloyster has a Focus Sash, and Rock Blast. But if I try using mono-Ice in doubles again, I'll definitely be changing shit up.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.