[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>THERE ARE CHEATERS IN POKEMON >THERE ARE CHEATERS IN VGC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 21

File: Pokemon.jpg (43KB, 399x237px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.jpg
43KB, 399x237px
>THERE ARE CHEATERS IN POKEMON
>THERE ARE CHEATERS IN VGC

Why doesn't Game Freak just remove IVs from the game? If they remove IVs and simply expand EVs (Bigger numbers/More EV stats that you can train) you're going to get rid of 99% of cheaters. The only reason people cheat is because getting perfect IVs is a pain in the ass. Get rid of that and people will just train EVs inside the game and then have a competitive team ready.
>>
Switch won't be hacked for a long while, and only legal Pokemon will be able to transfer from the 3DS versions.

Cheating isn't even a real problem so who cares.
>>
1. pumping literal hundreds of hours into bike simulator is what substitutes "postgame" for gamefreak lately
2. you're vastly underestimating the amount of cheaters who don't give a fuck about battling
>>
>le remove EVs and IVs meme
no
>and simply expand EVs (Bigger numbers/More EV stats that you can train)
RGBY and GSC say hi
>>
>>30558459
I never said remove EVs :^)
>>
Shitty/morally wrong excuse but hack 6iv dittos are borderline easy to come by so IVs really aren't all that much of an issue. Heck bottle caps exists for legends now too
>>
Verilfy or however you spell your stupid faggot name fuck off and take your shitty click bait channel with ya faggot
>>
>>30558543
breed for nature, hidden power and egg moves
then inject rare candy/bottle caps

best way
>>
>>30558370
What are bottle caps
>>
>>30558602
Ehh I avoid abusing my hacks aside from giving dittos away. Got 2 rare kitchens if I ever need to mass level up.
>>
>>30558370
IVs aren't that bad though, it's pretty mindless and just takes a bit of grinding. Watch a movie while you're doing it.
EV training is the hard part since you need to count all the Pokemon you've fought, figure out how many you're meant to beat, etc.
>>
>>30558370
These abstracts frame your quantum mind - a space specifically for this, but sometimes on Mars, and sometimes people this way, and the information quoted by humankind's curiosity as a definite effect or a combination of technological developments, the average observed in humans occurs and large enterprises consider that actually recorded the theme - "want to do with the person, or the story, the other end of the abstract mimicry, known curiosity," NASA experts think or other meta-curiosity. His astronomical imagination in the evolution of the planetary system of the 20th century, the reality of animal foreigners if the next idea that a large psychological brain does not forego our involvements in string theory.
Free are men of knowledge who think about the mechanics needed for generic drugs in the galaxy. Interested clients will fine-tune the goal and lead by themselves until the spring combined with a sense of physical security would be preceded by themselves, as it is a fantastic spaceship.
>>
>>30558579
It's Veryyiffy, right?
>>
>>30558459
He never said EVs. EVs are meaningful customization decisions. IVs are very pointless since there are basically no customization decisions being made

0 atk if you don't use a physical attack to reduce foul play damage
0 speed if running trick room
'custom' spread if you're running a hidden power

These are the three scenarios where you don't want max in everything. 99% of pokemon are just better with 6 perfect. There is no point to IVs as a mechanic for anything but determining hidden power type, and there are better ways to go about that (could use any other set of trashbytes to determine that).

IVs reward hackers much more than breeders because a hacker can make an entire PC full of perfect IV pokemon in the time that it takes a breeder to hatch one 5 perfect egg. Yes, it's easier to get flawless pokes legitimately than ever before but it's still infinitely easier to just hack them.
>>
>>30558370
Why does it bother you?
>>
File: 1479424528635.jpg (155KB, 542x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479424528635.jpg
155KB, 542x500px
>>30558370
IVs will never go away, but I propose that they should lower the IV cap to the point its superficial compared to EV training
>>
>>30558694
>IVs reward hackers much more than breeders because a hacker can make an entire PC full of perfect IV pokemon in the time that it takes a breeder to hatch one 5 perfect egg. Yes, it's easier to get flawless pokes legitimately than ever before but it's still infinitely easier to just hack them.

Hackers are rewarded even more when you realize that most VGC people use hacked pokemon with no drawbacks. Then there's also the massive amount of people using hacked pokemon in online battles, again with no drawbacks.
>>
>>30558631
I can't be bothered wasting time with festival plaza desu
>>
>>30558731
Because every hacked Pokemon used in competition has the potential to exist ingame and offers no advantage over saved time. There really is no reason not to hack.
>>
>>30558755
Except for the guys that blatantly give their hacked pokemon Poke Balls that can't be used normally, but they still aren't banned.
>>
shut the fuck up verlisify, nobody likes you
>>
I hope Nintendo tears hackers' assholes asunder at some point. The entire wonder trade/GTS is completely fucking saturated from head-to-toe with illegal 6IV pokemon and shiny pokemon.

Shiny hunters' efforts are completely meaningless and devalued.

GTS traders can't do a fair trade for something they want (example, Ditto), because now most Ditto traders are demanding legendary pokemon (most likely from PKhexers) for a fucking Ditto.

Pokemon battlers will be paired with a player whose entire team consists of perfect nature/IV/EV pokemon that they got given to them in some retarded Twitched PKHex giveaway. Meanwhile, your hard-earned team that consists of 1 or 2 perfect pokemon that you did the hard way will get BTFO.

Basically, every faculty of pokemon is being royally fucked, and there is now no reason to depend on personal luck or dedication, but rather, we're depending on homebrew faggots to shit out hacked perfect pokemon.

How can anyone think this is a good thing? The pokemon games are short enough as it is, 80% of the playtime was usually spent breeding the perfect pokemon team.

Now you can get it for fucking free. So there goes half the incentive to keep playing the game.
>>
>>30558778
>affected only aesthetics
>happened just once and there was a huge shitstorm surrounding it
woow
>>
>>30558731
There shouldn't be drawbacks. They should stop making it take several months just to put together one team.
>>
>>30558778
>doesn't affect the game in any way
>SM has ball filters now anyway
Kill (You)rself, Veryyiffy.
>>
>>30558815
>Can't be done normally
>Pokemon has perfect IVs
>D-Definitely not hacking guys!
>>
>>30558443
>Switch won't be hacked for a long while
its true wii-u isnt even fully hack able
>>
File: 1479414107205.webm (353KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479414107205.webm
353KB, 480x480px
>>30558853
>still provides no advantage
lmoa @ breedcucks
>>
I dont hack, but i dont give a shit if anyone i play against does or not. As long as the pokemon is legal its a non issue to me. I can understand why someone would dislike hackers though.

Getting rid of ivs would be nice, but it wont ever happen. The you would might as well take away breeding too since then you can get the nature, ability, and egg moves in 10 eggs or less depending on what you have to breed with.
>>
>>30558443
>only legal pokemon will be able to transfer
Too bad that means nothing unless your hacked mon is blatantly obvious. Most hacked mons are basically just real mons at peak potential, just minus breeding RNG. My injected mons have no issues going in and out of Pokebank
>>
>>30558869
That's not true. EmuNAND exists for it, but it has no scene or developers.
>>
>>30558805
>Shiny hunters' efforts are completely meaningless and devalued
Shiny hunters were already fucking cancer. They're the ones that devalued shinies in the first place by making them statistical inevitabilities rather than special events. All hacking does is make shiny hunters seem even more autistic than they already were.
>>
>tfw all these hackers will cry tears when Nintendo catches all their injected pokemon gets caught

Doesn't matter if you set the "Met" data to make it look real, you're getting caught.
>>
>>30558912
>Shiny hunters were already fucking cancer. They're the ones that devalued shinies in the first place by making them statistical inevitabilities rather than special events

>Blaming shiny hunters for in-game methods to increase shiny appearance rates

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>30558370
People will cheat no matter how easy they make it. People hack their evs even though its ridiculously easy (and many have been dqed for screwing it up in the past, people here just never heard about it)

I think some people just get off on hacking their pokemon because they feel special or like they got over or something.
>>
File: 1477417586979.jpg (171KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
1477417586979.jpg
171KB, 800x699px
>>30558922
>tfw all these breedcucks when hackers never get caught
>>
File: kvi9U5m.png (189KB, 492x462px) Image search: [Google]
kvi9U5m.png
189KB, 492x462px
>>30558922
But this is wrong? You can't catch what's undetectable.
>>
>>30558974
>undetectable

The game can see if the pokemon isn't 100% caught/bred in-game.
>>
>>30558443
What about something like powersaves?
>>
>>30558964
Breedfag here. I don't get all the circlejerking against hacking. Like it takes plenty of time and effort to breed a good mon naturally and I can understand wanting to just go around it. I for one hope you guys get all your stuff onto Switch no problem so these idiots get more mad
>>
>>30558987
It can't see if I made its level 100, injected 950 gold bottle caps, and went to the Hyper Training guy. :^)
>>
File: 1480786914745.png (224KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480786914745.png
224KB, 500x500px
>>30558912
Wait how does me shiny hunting affect anyone when I do it for fun?
>>
>>30558956
>Play through the entire game normally with shitmon
>Do a bit of the postgame with said shitmon, have fun completing the pokedex, doing various activities etc.
>Finally, spend 5 hours jacking off and using PKHeX to get a good team going instead of spending several weeks doing it the normal way

It's the most comfy way I've found. The game is still "pure" to me in the sense I haven't ruined it by hacking early, and I get to discover all the fun stuff with my shitmon throughout the journey. But then when there's nothing else to do other than online battles I just hack in the team I want and go to town.
>>
>>30558805
it's been like this for YEARS

Only some of 2013/2014 it was rare for hacked pokemon, but people still had powersaves, now the 3ds is btfo like the DS

Switch console/carts will probably be locked down for a few years but that will be cracked at some point
>>
>>30559008
>I breed 4 - 6 IVs into my Pokemon the hard way
>B-but I also celebrate hackers who bypass this effort in an instant! I respect their choice!
>I will keep breeding perfect Pokemon despite the flood of hacked IV/EV Pokemon for no fucking reason!

This either makes you autistic or retarded. Maybe both.
>>
File: 1480966672546.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480966672546.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>30558987
Oh so that's why Pokemon bank and the battle spot won't let me use my hacked mons there?

Oh wait they allow it just fine because they can't tell. Only shitty hacks get detected
>>
>>30559034
This. I play normally for everything but battle facilities and online.
>>
>>30558912
shiny hunting in your games is fine, but you're retarded if you trade them away
>>
>>30559034
Did this in SuMo and it's pretty nice.
>>
File: sanic eating a cheeseburger.png (528KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
sanic eating a cheeseburger.png
528KB, 1000x751px
>>30558964
Hey anon...Everyone isn't like that. Whatever you all do with the game(s) you bought(hopefully) is your business as long as the output is legit.
>>
>>30559047
Oh hey angry breedcuck
>>
>>30558869
watch for 33c3 around Christmas
>>
>>30559050
>>30559012
>Implying

We all know none of what you said is true. You're getting caught by Nintendo.
>>
>>30558952
>Blaming shiny hunters for in-game methods to increase shiny appearance rates
For being autistic faggots that turn what's supposed to be a special event into their new stamp collection? Yeah, I'm blaming their raging autism for it. There's no difference between injecting a shiny and just making it an inevitability with hunting, save the dopamine rush that the hunter gets because he thinks holding down a stick until a shiny hatches is hard work.
>>
>>30559039
>it's been like this for YEARS
Yeah, so the onus is on Nintendo to actually protect their community and take a hard stand against hackers. In most online games I've played, especially on PC, video-game developers/publishers often crack the fuck down on hackers with impunity.

I don't get it. Nintendo will gladly shut down fan-made games or remakes and even threaten lawsuits, they'll even pressure YT channels.

But they won't shut down hackers in their own fucking backyard. What the fuck.
>>
>>30559094
Nintendo can't tell the difference between a legit pokemon and a PKHeX pokemon at this point.
>>
File: 1479290115176.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479290115176.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>30559095
>There's no difference between injecting a shiny and just making it an inevitability with hunting

Anon...be reasonable
>>
>>30558997
it's possible I guess
>>
>>30559115

No the game knows. Nintendo is just waiting to catch everyone at once.
>>
>>30559110
Maybe because this hacking isn't breaking the game. Like if you had a shiny 100% Zygarde with 1000 in every stat, you'll get blocked from using it. But if you just use a shortcut to get to an end result that's possible ingame anyway, they don't care
>>
>>30559110
just kill yourself cry baby
>>
>>30559095
So your argument is that you loathe shiny hunters for making what was supposed to be a SPECIAL EVENT into a commodity, thus detracting from the SPECIAL aspect of shiny Pokemon.

..Yet in the same fucking post, you'll defend hackers who commit the same sin you accuse hunters for, only they completely shit on the special aspect of shinies even harder.

Hunters would still need to put in work using chaining or Masuda methods. The shiny was still special then.

Hackers pull them out of their ass, they can fill all the boxes full one shinies in one afternoon.

The fuck are you even talking about? Pick a side of the argument and stay there. You're literally defeating your own premise you retarded fuck.
>>
>>30559134
What's the difference? The hunter wasted tons of time getting the same guaranteed outcome? It's simply that both remove any magic shinies were supposed to have.
>>
File: 1480985554085.png (112KB, 446x460px) Image search: [Google]
1480985554085.png
112KB, 446x460px
>>30559167
>No the game knows. Nintendo is just waiting to catch everyone at once.

Anon you can't honestly be serious right now. This isn't some human trafficking ring that's getting taken down.
>>
>>30559192
Where is he defending hackers? He's saying that both devalue shinies.
>>
>>30559192
you're dumb
>>
>>30558370
>He thinks it's just because of IVs.

No. It's also because of egg moves and TM moves you cannot get anymore in the later games that HAVE to be passed down through bank or something else. Face the facts, there is literally no way to play this game without cheating.
>>
If they would just use proper encryption to handle game saves, prevent cloning via trading and guarantee me that you wouldn't be able to trade or fight with hacked pokemon i would be so happy.

I wouldn't even be mad if they used pokemon stars as a clean start - no pokemon from 3ds / DS allowed on the switch at all.
>>
>>30559199
Using ingame offered methods to encounter shinies or using a 3rd party program/device to hack in shinies.

Also I'm not seeing why shinies being more common is a bad thing that makes you mad.
>>
>>30558370
Because IVs make each Pokemon you catch unique.
If you want to get rid of cheaters, add in a postgame feature that lets you get perfect IVs on any Pokemon. Removing them is not fixing anything; it'll just be breaking necessary things simply because you don't like them.
>>
>>30559192
>Yet in the same fucking post, you'll defend hackers
Try reading. The only distinction I made was that hackers don't tell themselves their shiny is special in anyway.

>The shiny was still special then.
Like this. It wasn't special. It's a guaranteed outcome that a monkey could achieve. Glorified checklist.
>>
>>30558370
>hundreds of hours of pointless work is better then making your pokemon great in mere seconds
The reason I play so much is because its easy to use hacked mons.
>>
>>30559259
>Because IVs make each Pokemon you catch unique.
That's the EVs job. IVs are a relic of the past.
>>
>>30559199
> Breedfags get all autistic if someone hacks
> injectors are starting ti get real smug with their JUST INJECT AUTISMO LEL XD posting

Am I the only one who honestly just enjoys breeding my mons? Watching some TV, breedan some eggs, and then the satisfaction of finally seeing your perfect little monster emerge. It makes me happy. You can call me autistic if you want, I don't care.
I breed for myself. Because I find it fun. When I have a battle against someone with a hacked team I don't really care much except when someone hacks illegitimate mons, like Wonder Guard Spiritomb back in the day.
>>
>>30559250
>no pokemon from 3ds / DS allowed on the switch at all.
Breederfags are literally begging Nintendo to make the hundreds of hours of their grinding go to waste.
>>
File: 1480965078541.png (58KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480965078541.png
58KB, 576x720px
>>30559262
Like this. It wasn't special. It's a guaranteed outcome that a monkey could achieve. Glorified checklist.

You imply it already wasn't since you could literally do the same thing in previous gens. the only difference is that It simply took much longer since the odds weren't as favorable.
>>
I like learning how to breed stuff, and we have bottle caps now too so it doesn't matter that much.

I don't care if people inject or powersave
>>
>>30559295
>The reason I play so much is because its easy to use hacked mons.
I agree. I wouldn't play so much SuMo if it wasn't possible to easily hack pokemon.

>Oh shit this comp looks fun as fuck I wanna try it out
>Use PKHeX and have the team ready in minutes
It's so easy.
>>
>>30559255
>I'm not seeing why shinies being more common is a bad thing that makes you mad.
I don't really care one way or the other, I just think it's silly for shiny hunters to be complaining about others devaluing shinies when they also rob it of any magic it was intended to have. It's just a shame that's what shinies are now.
>>
>>30559259
>Because IVs make each Pokemon you catch unique.
only good for in game, not online
>>
Hacking is necessecary to make adjustments to your team without it taking forever. No one wants to rebreed/catch and retrain when you just want to switch an Adamant poke to Jolly
>>
>>30559262
>Like this. It wasn't special. It's a guaranteed outcome that a monkey could achieve. Glorified checklist.

No, it was still valued. Chaining for a shiny or using Masuda breeding for the shiny still had unlikely odds. You could easily spend days, maybe even weeks using these methods and still not get your shiny.

So what's your suggestion? Because even if Nintendo removes the Masuda method and disallows chaining to affect shiny rates and set all shiny encounters to 1 in 4,096 no matter what..

That STILL won't even stop hackers. The code is there, the hackers will feed on this and spawn shiny after shiny. So either way, shinies don't mean shit anymore.
>>
>>30559298
EVs make Pokemon different as you train them. IVs make each wild Pokemon different. That's a good thing a lot of people love. No one is ever going to remove them.

>>30559331
And online has never been the focus of Pokemon. It's there, and it's fun, but the main game is what most of people care about.
>>
File: shiny ruff.png (283KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
shiny ruff.png
283KB, 400x294px
>>30559312
This is me. I never battle online since i'm too intimidated by it so I spend my time breeding/masuda breeding/shiny hunting for fun.
>>
>>30558370
>implying I don't cheat because EVs are annoying to put up
Screw it, cheating is always going to be easier.

I don't like cheating, its just EVERYONE online already does it, if you don't do it you get left the fuck behind.
>>
>>30559312
It's perfectly fine to enjoy it, but you probably are autistic. You're admitting to enjoying your tedious, monotonous train set.
>>
>>30558443
Unless you're doing really obvious shit like giving your pokemon moves they can't ever learn, passing a hacked pokemon off as legit is piss easy though. It doesn't matter if the switch won't be hacked right away. You can just as easily make your mon on the 3DS game and transfer it to the switch version. The game isn't going to let you do anything outside of single player with a hacked mon it can detect and if people already have hacked pokemon that are easily passed off as legit to pokebank and online battles, transferring to the switch is not going to be a problem. How dumb and naive are you?
>>
>>30559314
I dont think there's any other way to exclude hacked mons.

As long as you can hack pokemon into an unsecured console and import them to a secured one, the secured console is technically hacked too.
>>
>>30559340
See >>30559329
>>
>>30559361
>somehow gets affected on how people play their game

Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>30558370
>The only reason people cheat is because getting perfect IVs is a pain in the ass.
No. The reason people cheat is because it's possible and very easy. I used to think like you but my mind has changed over the years. If cheating is possible and easy in a game that has a competitive side, people will always cheat.
>>
>>30559329
I don't really notice shiny hunters complaining than I do injectors/hackers being smug saying how they can just hack their shinies in when hanging out in the /SHW/ threads.
>>
>>30559352
>And online has never been the focus of Pokemon. It's there, and it's fun, but the main game is what most of people care about.

yeah and I don't hack my main game stuff, but these games are pointless when you get to the battle tree because it's just a reskin of the same RNG bullshit, I'm already replaying the story with another team.
>>
>>30559404
I mean it's pretty autistic, anon. How else would you describe it?
>>
>>30559312
>>30559354
You're both deluded assholes. You both breed/raise Pokemon because of the simple psychological reward system.

>You put in tedious hours of work
>For something valued and worth the effort

That worth has just taken a massive shit. There is no reason to hunt for optimal natures or IVs. Nor is there any reason to condition EVs or even hunt for shinies.

If you still continue to believe you're not wasting your time now that your entire basis for training/breeding is worthless, than I don't know what to tell you.

Either give up and go get you some hacked pokemon. Or stand against hacking and join a collective voice to urge Nintendo to punish hackers.

You can't have it both ways without looking like a retard.
>>
I used to enjoy breeding when I was younger and autistic as fuck. It was a pastime for me, something to keep me occupied. Now that I'm slightly less autistic, have a job and enjoy playing online against other people, I hack because it's easy and doesn't take nearly as long.

>tfw you can still find less than 100 view videos on YouTube of people spending hours, days, weeks, months trying to get perfect IV/shiny pokemon
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>30559354
Wait, how is that fun and not mind numbingly awfu?
>>
>>30559419
But this whole conversation spawned from a comment like that? I'm not talking about anything other than this specific instance.
>>
>>30559367
they are not cutting off the 3ds from the switch, stars will probably even have direct trading with sun/moon
>>
>>30559421
That's why a way to get perfect IVs would be the best solution. Breeding is boring. Make it simple.
>>
>>30559360
Have to buy a separate device and hack your DS.
If it was just EVs that would be infinitely easier.
>>
>>30559430
you could literally call anything and everything people like to focus on in their spare time "autistic" with that logic.
>>
>>30559367
also to add to this I'd say the only real way to allow older games to transfer safely to the switch would be as follows:

Make DS/3ds cards or software pokemon games work on the switch

Once you can get them to run on the switch, force the physical carts to use the switch's memory for your pokemon saves so you can properly encrypt the data and prevent injections. You'd just treat the game cartridge as ROM, and use a hash to verify its integrity.

Of course this still means that you lose your save data from the cartridges, but it means you can re-acquire pokemon in these games to transfer to pokebank legitimately.
>>
>Give it a normal fucking Poke Ball like Great Ball
>Give your pokemon 5 perfect IV instead of 6 perfect IV
>Give it moves it can learn through leveling/breeding/TM

There. You now have a hacked pokemon that looks exactly like a 100% legitimate pokemon caught/bred in-game. Nobody could ever say that this is a hacked pokemon.
>>
>>30559352
>>30559259
>>30559468
This. The best way to go about it. Damaging the main game to stop hackers, who no one really cares about, is just stupid.
>>
>>30559367
>>30559460
The PokeBank ensures that we're never going to have a soft reset again.
>>
File: 60244211_p4_master1200.jpg (318KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60244211_p4_master1200.jpg
318KB, 1000x1000px
>>30559449
Hey anon you play your way and whine and I'll play my way in peace. I'm in no way emotionally invested in this as you are.
>>
>>30559485
Is 6 perfect IV impossible in-game?
>>
>>30559519
It's possible, but it's autistic as fuck. The safer route is 5 perfect IV. Sure you can make your hacked pokemon have 6 perfect IV but it's so pointless. 5 perfect IVs do the same shit.
>>
>>30559477
>Make DS/3ds cards or software pokemon games work on the switch
switch isn't getting 3ds/ds cart support
>>
>>30559454
> L=A
> run around in a circle while doing other stuff

It's painless fun for me. Plus other constantly complain about certain pokemon ruining the meta or whatever so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.
>>
>>30559519
possible, but is very rare to come by.

but up until 5 IVs is much common in-game now, and trust me, you can already competitively battle with 5 IV pokemon.
>>
>>30559475
If it requires an extreme amount of time doing the same repetitive process over and over with the only reward being that you did it?

Yeah, probably autistic.
>>
>>30559449
How is someone wasting their time if they themselves are having fun or get a lot more enjoyment out of the result? You think it's a waste of time and that's why you don't do it. Devaluing everyone else's experience in order to justify your actions is pretty pathetic.
>>
>>30559507
Instead of spending hours and hours breeding a perfect pokemon, why don't you hop on wonder trade/GTS, or go on reddit/4chan and get your desired perfect pokemon for literally nothing, instantly?

Answer this much you fag.
>>
>>30559496
does it though?

there is no guarantee that the pokebank will stay as it is now, retain compatability with all upcoming pokemon games forever.

its not like in MtG where wizards has agreed to never reprint the power 9, the pokemon company can do whatever they want.

All it takes is some asshat to ruin the system for everybody by flooding enough hacked pokemon into the game, or for enough people at the tournaments to be caught cheating (like actually caught and ratted out not OH IT HAS PERFECT IVS YOU COULDN'T GET THAT IN TIME FOR THE TOURNEY)
>>
>>30559562
im sure being this bothered by how people play is probably autistic, too.
>>
>>30559550
I know, its just a hypothetical "how would you ensure 3ds mons cant be hacked"
>>
>>30559579
>why don't you hop on wonder trade/GTS, or go on reddit/4chan and get your desired perfect pokemon for literally nothing, instantly?
Nobody's giving away hacked pokemon lol.
>>
>>30559579
Because I don't want to.
Because I like my pokemon with my OT.
Because I like to get my pokemon myself.
Because It doesn't take hours to breed a perfect pokemon.
Because I already have hacking access if I ever wanted to use it for that purpose.
>>
>>30559623
you must not browse /vp/ a lot
>>
>>30559312
you are a worthless piece of shit. Probably a neet with too much time on your hands. Meanwhile i have to work and pay tax money for you litte SHITS. Fuck you. You think palying tauros/bike similulatir makes you some kind of superior. Enjoy wasting hours of your life while i already have a few boxes of legit pokemon. Breeding is legit only able to he enjoyed by autistic shits like you. Fuck off. I could write a lot more on how much i hate you, but i think i btfo'd you ennough.
>>
>>30559579
Not him, but I don't do it because the result isn't worth a shit to me then. I can hack something myself if I want to. I have done so quite extensively in gen 4 before realizing that it lessened my enjoyment and interest in the game. And if you judge others on wasting their time when you alternative is go on reddit and 4chan to beg strangers for instant gratification then you might as well kill yourself. Might be the most lame thing I've heard all week.
>>
>>30559623
Easy to spot a newfag.
>>
>>30559623
well I've seen it happen the past 6 years
>>
IVs should be shitcanned already, they should have been replaced by Natures.

EVs are a good idea but the training aspect is ridiculous, it's not just grindy but you have to go to a third party site to see which mons you should be grinding on to build a given stat. The system also rewards shit like plinking hundreds of trivially low level wild pokemon, letting them go train somewhere else while you're playing the actual game, and that cancerous soccer ball shit, anything except challenging fights against similarly leveled opponents.

EVs should be assigned on level up, with the option to automatically put all stat boosts in whatever stat until it's full.
>>
>>30559577
Or you can stop kidding yourself and admit that the sole reason that justified perfect breeding/training was because of just that; the pokemon can be made PERFECT.

Now that we have PKHex, there is no reason for it. The 'fun' once had in breeding was from the end result, the reward at the end of finally having a 5IV or 6IV pokemon. That was the reason.

>But I will keep doing it while listening to music or watching shows!

Then it's the shows/music that make the task fun. You could be playing any game with a tedious set of chores and you'll mistake it for 'fun'.

Just fuck off and go watch TV then.
>>
>>30559519
It's almost always useless anyway. Like if I hack a Gengar in making it 6IV is just useless anyway if I can just make it not have perfect attack IVs and keep it at 5
>>
>>30559647
not him, but at least spell *playing, *simulator, and *enough right.
>>
>>30559587
I really don't think they want to piss off normies who have special teams/shinies they want to carry over each game AND effectively kill VGC for a good amount of time.
>>
>>30559249
>there is literally no way to play this game without cheating.

But
> also because of egg moves and TM moves you cannot get anymore in the later games that HAVE to be passed down through bank or something else

I have access to this, if you've been playing long enough, you should as well.

>Oh I don't want to spend a day or two transferring everything I own from my ruby/Sapphire/emerald/fr/lg carts through gen 4/5/6/7etc, it would take forever

but they'd be legit.
>>
>>30558370
It took Gamefreak seven generations to convert to proper, non-deformed, camera-appropriately-zoomed-in, 3D. They are way too stuck in their ways to change the mechanics unless it's bit by bit at a snail's pace once per gen.

I liked the idea of IVs being totally invisible and randomized every night at midnight. That way there's still variety, still an element of randomness and breeding for perfection doesn't matter except for abilities which are easy now.
>>
>>30559595
>im sure being this bothered by how autistically people play is probably autistic, too.
ftfy
>>
You're taking stuff that in no way affects you too seriously
>>
why do people even care?
they aren't hacking the battle, if you got your ass handed to you that just them being a better player. nothing to do with how they obtained their pokemon.
its really a non issue as long as the pokemon are "legal"
>>
>>30559662
Haha, cry more shithead. Why are you so desperate to get people to accept your way of thinking? It's a fucking video game and a single player one at that. If you crave people's forgiveness for you being a cheater that much then here.

Good job, little Timmie. You made the correct choice.

You feeling better now? I suggest some vaseline for the butthurt.
>>
>>30559705

cry more, i guess?
>>
>Remove IVs completely

or

>Make IVs completely random, no way to actually change them

What would be the best?
>>
File: CmvdYg8UIAAT7QV.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CmvdYg8UIAAT7QV.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
>>30559693
>I liked the idea of IVs being totally invisible and randomized every night at midnight
>I got knocked of the the prize pool at VGC because that night my game decided I didn't need to be able to OHKO something
I'm sure this will go over well.
>>
>>30559717
>why do people even care?
I don't at all. I cannot influence how someone else plays their game so why would I care. I just have fun poking retards with a stick on either side of the fence. From my point of view hackers like >>30559662 are the most fun.
>>
Mate it's easy as fuck to get a high IV Ditto and people still absurdly hack them in.
>>
>>30559167
If this was true, which it probably isn't, I would love to see the reactions on here. The saltmining would be so real.
>>
>>30559660
>You have to go to a third party site to see which mons you should be grinding on to build a given stat.

That's the worst part now a days honestly. I've got my power items after slaving away in the tree/royal, but no pokerus, so all I really need is to chain a certain pokemon that gives the EV I want about 14 times. Doesn't take much more than ten minutes tops, but I wouldn't know what fucking pokemon I need to beat the shit out of unless I checked it up on the internet, which is stupid as fuck. They really ought to make it so you know which pokemon gave what EV bonus. Even something in the pokedex to tell the player so would help out, like a little coloured symbol to co-ordinate with the colours of the power items; red for attack, etc.
>>
>>30558805
>Pokemon battlers will be paired with a player whose entire team consists of perfect nature/IV/EV pokemon that they got given to them in some retarded Twitched PKHex giveaway. Meanwhile, your hard-earned team that consists of 1 or 2 perfect pokemon that you did the hard way will get BTFO.
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read so far. Having a team of perfect IV'd Pokemon is easy as balls whether you hack or breed. I was a breeder in Gen 6, and it only took 30 or so minutes to breed for a 5IV mon and EV train it properly. Whether you hack or not, anyone with half a brain who is into the competitive scene will be using 5-6IV mons which are easy as shit to obtain both legally and illegally. Shit, bottle caps make it easy to even get 5-6IV Legendary/Mythical mons.

The argument that hacking is destroying the competitive scene is retarded, because it's definitely not. The only thing hacking may be "ruining" is the value of shiny Pokemon. But honestly, who even gives a shit about a palette swap if it's not affecting a Pokemon's IV's, movesets, natures, or competitive viability?

I was a diehard breederfag in Gen 6. Shit, I actually LIKED breeding and EV training. I still never had a problem with people hacking their mons as long as their movesets, IV's, and EV's are legit. I don't even give a fuck about if a Pokemon is shiny or not or what ball they're in.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-T6_aMWURA

HACKING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER
>>
>>30559718
>It's a fucking video game and a single player one at that
this, the game feels even more like single player because they removed the PSS, feels like the old gens
>>
>>30559736
Why do you feel the need to frame this as if someone is throwing a fit?
>>
>most viable xurkitree requires HP Ice
>Autists think spending days trying to get this is ok
>>
>>30559799
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>30559744
The latter just encourages hacking even more, unless there are measures to limit the total number of IVs.
>>
>>30559660
>EVs should be assigned on level up
That's one of the only worthy ideas I've heard in a long time.
>>
>>30559821
Shit like this makes me so fucking mad at Gamefreak. Hidden Power is so fucking bullshit when it comes to this.
>>
REMINDER: if you know of any exploits you can report them here and maybe be eligible for a sweet bounty from nintendo

https://hackerone.com/nintendo
>>
>>30559759
Who gives a shit? Pokemon isn't about "97.8% chance to 2HKO" stat calc bullshit. It's about the fucking spirit of Pokemon.
>>
>>30559718
>It's a fucking video game and a single player one at that.

Pokemon was never exclusively a single-player game. What fucking game series are you playing?

>If you crave people's forgiveness for you being a cheater that much..

What I crave is for Nintendo to protect its IP. What I want is for more barriers against hacking, and more bans being issues to hackers.

Pokemon has, and always will, define it's pokemon based on rarity. With IVs, EVs, and shinies, it further created more rarity, so that meant more reason to actually fucking play the game and achieve something.

If you allow hackers, then all of that is thrown out the window. Hop on GTS right now, and seek out a pokemon like say.. Abra, Ditto, Pichu, Eevee. Now look at the requests from trainers:

>Type: Null
>Zygarde
>Solgaleo
>Tapu dindu nuffin

The 'economics' (so to speak) of the game's community has taken a fucking nose-dive. What was once thought to be rare and valuable is now worthless, and that by extension affects the value of everything else in the game.

I'll say it again: There is no point in breeding/training/conditioning pokemon to perfection, nor is there any point in finding shinies. That added gameplay time and value to the game itself. Now it's gone, there's really no reason to play Pokemon post-game.

Just hop onto reddit or /vp/, get a perfect team, and battle until you get bored. Then stop playing all-together.
>>
>>30559744
Holy fuck neither.

Especially the second one. The gap between hacked mons and fair mons would be ridiculous
>>
Just remove IVs?
There's really no reason to keep them.

Anything that relies on them can be adjusted.
>>
File: marie 2.png (363KB, 427x698px) Image search: [Google]
marie 2.png
363KB, 427x698px
>>30559863
Anon the GTS has always been crap if you're searching instead of offering.
>>
So should I use PKSM or PKHeX? Which one is better/safer?
>>
>>30559861
>Competitive scene
>Making it less competitive
I'm sorry, but losing to a Pokemon you built around being able to beat just because at midnight the game decided to give you the worst IVs possible is not going to go over well.
>>
>>30559689
>I have access to this, if you've been playing long enough, you should as well.

Ofcourse I have access to this, because I own pretty much every game from the past generations. But this shouldn't be an entry gate for the next game in the series at all. "Oh all the hackers are using some pokemon with an move I cannot get on my pokemon in the latest game? Guess I'll just go out and buy the previous game, complete it, then get the desired move, then transfer it over to the current generation game!" it doesn't work that way, and worst of all it is unfair. It's easier to cheat that bullshit, and so people will cheat.
>>
>>30559912
I haven't used PKSM, is that the one that lets you edit on the console itself?
>>
>>30559911
Make the correlation. GTS sellers are preying on the fact that PKHex users might feel generous and give them a legendary (probably perfect) for their Lv.11 Rattata or other piece-of-shit pokemon.

They're wantonly begging for hackers to trade them on GTS, and it fucking shows. And this is thanks to hackers.
>>
>>30559861
Excuse me?
>>
>>30559863
>Pokemon was never exclusively a single-player game.
I never said it was exclusively. It's what the overwhelming majority of the player base cares for. It's the main focus of the development. The multiplayer is a side activity.

>What I crave is for Nintendo to protect its IP. What I want is for more barriers against hacking, and more bans being issues to hackers.
I've never argued against that, but I also don't see it happening.

>There is no point in breeding/training/conditioning pokemon to perfection, nor is there any point in finding shinies.
If you really want to get technical there is no point in doing anything besides satisfying your basic needs. Like seriously, I don't play the game because of a competitive multiplayer and I most certainly don't really give a shit about a busted economy the developers have no intention of fixing.

I just enjoy playing the game, man. It's not the only thing I do or play and I hardly would call myself a hardcore breeder or shiny hunter, but I have no interesting in a hacked pokemon. It serves no purpose to me and gives me no enjoyment. So that's it, I guess.
>>
>>30559863
it's been broken since gen 4 lmao
>>
>>30559975
It has been like this for ages. Even when XY was first released and the 3ds wasn't hacked with people asking for legends for nothing and bank being delayed
>>
>>30559430
Is stamp collecting autistic? Completing a puzzle?
Besides, I have ADD. I'm not autistic.
>>
>>30559986
while I understand your other points, you'd be fucking delusional if you believe multiplayer isn't a big part of the game.
>>
>>30559912
PKHeX is more safe.
>>
>>30559986
>I hardly would call myself a hardcore breeder or shiny hunter, but I have no interesting in a hacked pokemon. It serves no purpose to me and gives me no enjoyment. So that's it, I guess.

Then keep your fucking mouth shut anon. You're a casual player and that's fine. But the enjoyment and value for the competitive player has been cheapened to the point of irrelevancy.
>>
Having a hard time telling if many of these posts are bait.
>>
>>30560016
>It's been broken and exploited by hackers for a while, so that makes it okay

All you've proven is Nintendo's incompetency.
>>
>>30558370
Holy shit ORAS is ugly as fuck
>>
Injection vs Breeding to me is kind of like people who buy furniture and those who like building it.

To me, while I absolutely understand why people inject, but I happen to like breeding my own.

And yet, I don't particularly care where my raw materials (dittos, breeding stock) come from.

Yeah, it's faster to inject, but by breeding it on my own, it's MINE.
>>
>>30560053
>But the enjoyment and value for the competitive player has been cheapened to the point of irrelevancy.
Wasn't that the case since gen 4 when the competitive scene erupted? I don't remember it being any harder to simply hack everything. Hell back then you could even walk into wifi with 255 in all EVs, you could use AR codes to cheat a rotom form into wifi even though it wasn't allowed in gen 4 and freely hack illegal moves onto pokemon.

The point I'm making is that the enjoyment and value for the competitive player as you say was always cheap as shit in pokemon. If anything, GF's lack of interest on doing anything about it for more than a decade now only highlights that they don't care about the competitive side any more than doing a few arbitrary buffs/nerfs to moves or abilities between generations and call it a day.
>>
>>30560090
GF holds quite a bit of blame since idiots can ask from non tradable event pokemon and make impossible requests no one can trade for.
>>
>>30558869
it took the 3DS about 6 years for it to be hacked and people think the Switch will have day 1 piracy and homebrew
>>
>>30560034
Yeah, kinda. They can be cathartic in moderation, but if your obsession goes beyond "I kinda like doing these every once in awhile", it's probably a little bit of the tism.
>>
It only bothers me when someone has a full team of 6 shinies. Not only do most of them look ugly as fuck but I feel like these are the kind of people who tell their friends that their hacked shinies are legit.

Like nigga we know you hacked you don't have to lie about it.
>>
>>30558869
More like the WiiU was so unpopular that people don't care enough to even hack it.
>>
>>30560121
Nice false-equivalency.

>Injection vs Breeding to me is kind of like people who buy furniture and those who like building it.

People who build their own goods IRL benefit because they bypass having to PAY for goods and services.

When you compare your self to a carpenter, you aren't bypassing anything. You're making extra effort for literally nothing. At the end of the day when you've raised your perfect pokemon, it will be worthless.

The only thing you have left to feel proud about is the OT name, that's it. Which then begs the question:

Why don't YOU download PKHex, so you can shit out hacked/shiny pokemon with YOUR OT name on it.

You cannot justify doing it the old and honest way anymore if you can either have a hacker send it to you, or you can hack it yourself.
>>
>>30560176
>3ds released in 2011
>exploits started happening in 2015 after a leak given by Hudson
>6 years
????
>>
>>30558370
Ivs were a pain in the ass long time ago, for the people too underage to remember the only way to get good mons in the ds era was RNG abusing or using a save editor
introducing things like dexnav was a great idea to make breeding more easy
>>
>>30560176
If Stars is really just an upgraded SM/SM2 on the Switch then hackers will have plenty of time to figure it out while people just send their SM hackmons to Stars.
>>
>>30560176
>it took the 3DS about 6 years
gateway/powersaves/cfw existed in 2014
easy homebrew happened in early 2015
>>
People are always saying hacking is so easy.. but I cant do it since my 3ds is updated. Pokemon isnt my only 3ds game so i wont keep it downgraded just to make things easier for myself in one game.
>>
I dont care about hacking, dont do it myself but if a mon is legal that should be the end of the argument.

That being said people who hack pokemon to make competitive teams are just lazy, you can't disprove that.
>>
>>30560198
I genuinely don't get why people make their hacked pokemon shiny. Like it's the easiest way to tell someone is hacking.
>>
>>30560324
I hack on the latest firmware with cubic ninja
>>
>>30560324
you can update your firmware once you have arm9loaderhax, no cons
>>
>>30560324
>keep it downgraded

You don't need to and never have.
>>
File: mah shiny junk.png (219KB, 960x240px) Image search: [Google]
mah shiny junk.png
219KB, 960x240px
>>30560198
>>30560324
>tfw you have enough legit shinies to make multiple shiny teams.

I can't fully assume all shiny teams are hacks just the vast majority
>>
Even charm hunters aren't this autistic
>>
>>30560324
My A9LH + Luma is on the latest firmware :^)
>>
>>30558370
dumbest fucking argument i have ever heard.
And one of the main traits of pokemon is that every individual is "unique"
it's been like that since fucking GREEN.

If you don't like the IV/DV system the just get the fuck out.
Also getting good IV's aint fucking hard, it's easy as shit. It literally takes you a couple hoursto breed a good offspring once you're established with a couple good breeding parents.

How, fucking dense is this board.
>>
>Breed a pool of 4 - 6 IV pokemon
>Masuda that shit
>Spent almost a month
>Finally, a perfect SHINY pokemon
>Oh wait, nevermind, my opponent has a team full of them thanks to hackers
>Shit, now people think my perfect shiny was from hacking
>My entire effort was wasted

>/vp/ thinks this is a good thing
>>
>>30558539
it's still the same fucking meme you idiot.
>>30558789

We do not speak of the devil, anon.
>>
File: star fox.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
star fox.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>30560513
>Shit, now people think my perfect shiny was from hacking
>My entire effort was wasted

What kind of asinine logic is this? Who gives a damn what others think. You know it's legit and that's all that matters
>>
>use qr rental team
>don't have to care about breeding and can just fight with perfect teams

coming to you this january
>>
>>30560551
Why do so many people hate him? Sure he seems to be a huge furry faggot, but he brings up good points.
>>
>>30560562
>You know it's legit and that's all that matters

Except now it's fucking worthless. Take gold IRL for example. It's a valuable commodity, right?

Now imagine if there was a method to spawn that shit infinitely and saturate every economy with that.

Suddenly gold becomes worthless.

In the same way, perfect/shiny pokemon are now worthless. So then what's the point of working towards getting it?
>>
>>30560618
Sorry anon I'm not sure what to tell you since I don't think that way. Saturation be damned I caught it and I will cherish it.
>>
>>30560618
Personal enjoyment.

I swear, this thread's a testament that people forget that there's some satisfaction in earning your own shit that cannot be devalued just because someone took the easy way out. Just how insecure are people these days?

I dont give an iota of a fuck about someone who hacks their shinies or max IV pokemon. I earned mine with my preferred methods, regardless of how much longer it might have taken, and that's all that matters. I play my game the way I want to without asking anyone else to conform to any one way, and I find enjoyment.

There's no need to size yourself or your efforts up to someone else's unless you're THAT insecure about it.
>>
>>30560685
Well you should start thinking that way.

Time was, if you had a shiny ANYTHING in pokemon, you could trade that sucker for once-per-game legendaries. Now you'll get diddly squat for it.

Pokemon trading always operated on an economy of rarity. If the rarity is gone, what do you have left?
>>
>>30560714
No I shouldn't and shinies are in no way as worthless as you make them out to be.

Quite honestly I don't give a fuck about the GTS economy and I finished my pokedex with hardly any effort just by depositing kangaskhans for the vast majority of my trades.
>>
>>30560714
The Rarity's been extremely depreciated as current methods allowed for shinies and IVs/EVs to become extremely easier to appear/maximize. It barely matters before you even consider hacking making it more widely available.

All hacking does is make it faster, but that's not even a big deal with how simple things are currently. If shinies were a 1/8000+ odds of an occurrence and we were back to Gen2 breeding, then maybe I'd agree, but that's simply not the case.
>>
>>30560618
>Except now it's fucking worthless. Take gold IRL for example. It's a valuable commodity, right?

No less valuable than diamonds, which are worth fucking nothing since they're all over the fucking place. Things have value because people give them value, not because they are a rarity. It just so happens that the diamond industry is run by greedy jews, and women are shallow fucks that desire shiny worthless rocks, and so you have a "priceless jewel," and niggers in Africa killing each other over these things.
>>
>>30560714
spouting buzzwords this early in the morning, grandpa? better take your pills
>>
>>30560693
I enjoy a legit monster I trained myself going down more than a hacked one that stands on 1hp.
>>
>>30558370
Fuck off, Verlisify.
>>
>>30560975
Sounds like you got the shit end of a damage roll.
>>
>>30558805
>The entire wonder trade is completely fucking saturated from head-to-toe with illegal 6IV pokemon and shiny pokemon.

No, it's filled with Abras and Wingulls.
>>
>>30558778
Its not like the ball they're in affects their battling capability whatsoever. Why does something as arbitrary as the ball it comes out of count as cheating to you? Are you really just that desperate to bitch about something not achieved through bike simulator?
>>
The only gripe I have against hackers is that now when I use my shiny Gallade that I bred by accident in my X, everybody is gonna assume. Or especially my shiny Groudon that I got in Emerald from the frame data encounter thing. The thing is Lax nature but everybody is gonna pass me off as another hacker instead of a lucky son of a bitch.

granted, I definitely cloned the shit out of it because Emerald, and migrated one to my White2 and changed the IVs and Nature. Still keep a Lax one with shit IVs around though just as a keepsake.
>>
>>30560593

his ass is just pained by the thousand hours he spent on the bicycle simulator.
>>
>>30558370
>Spend hundreds of hours for RNG to give you the perfect mon which may or may not be nerfed in subsequent gens

I used to have that mindset too OP, but there's no point fighting in since it's so prevalent. Just given in because it's apparent Nintendo and GF don't give a fuck
>>
>>30560714
You easily can trade a shiny for a once-of legendary, what are you talking about?
>>
>>30559047
Not him, but I don't get mad about how other people play. As long as you don't do illegal move sets and that shit I don't care what you do. I still prefer going through the grind of breeding though, and I use a hacked ditto anyways that makes things a lot easier.
>>
>>30558370
Ok, I'm not a sjw, but IVs ruin the game because it's nothing else other than eugenics. How many Pokémon does a competitive trainer discard on a regular basis? Seriously, I think that there are enough shitmon already, but having the perfect IVs, nature and ability not only makes competitive an autistic feature, but frustrate players into cheating.

I think that EVs are the way to go.
>>
People try to band aid EVs and IVs, but no one ever asks themselves WHY both systems even exist. Everyone hates them. They're not beneficial. It takes days to get around the hurdles associated with them, even if you're gifted an injected Jap 6iv ditto.

Remove EVs entirely. Remove IVs entirely.

Instead, have a training system in which you can max out a pokemon's stats, but are restricted by the number of points you can invest into each stat. You end up with a visible build system, and if you decide to change a pokemon's stat orientation, as long as you have trained a pokemon's stat up, you can reallocate points into it.
>>
>>30561913
>Instead, have a training system in which you can max out a pokemon's stats, but are restricted by the number of points you can invest into each stat.

But that's EV
>>
>>30559312
I enjoy breeding, but I hate getting a 5IV and then realizing a move I needed was something only obtainable via breeding something that's either in the bank or something I only have a female of, and having to start completely over.

And that's WITH a 6iv Ditto. Breeding should be fun, and about customizing pokemon in unique ways that appeal to you. Instead it's just "Casual Mode [Off]" mode where you go to war against the myriad bullshit hidden numbers the series has accumulated over the decades.
>>
just make a fucking official battle simulator

release a new, competitively laden pokemon stadium/battle revolution/whatever on the switch that is essentially just showdown but with nice graphics
let people build their teams by picking out movesets and typing in stat distributions
let them host their own leagues with their own custom whitelists/blacklists and rules

the fact that pokemon requires players to do so much tedious shit in order to even begin playing the game against others (and this is disregarding having to change up your team composition or re-distribute stats, in which case you have to start over from square one) is the NUMBER ONE factor speaking against pokemon ever coming anywhere near an actual """esport""" (which we know both Nintendo and TCPi are trying to make happen)
>>
>>30560513
Really, the issue is that shinies exist in the first place, not some moral victory over invisible numbers.

If different colors of pokemon were common and somewhat easy to breed for, it would still be fun and no one would care. Unfortunately, that ugly ass green zubat no one would otherwise like the look of sparkles and is rare, therefore wars need to break out over it.
>>
>>30561982
EV is feinting random opponents that permanently alter your stats. Some stats are nearly impossible to find enemies to level. It's a system designed to make your pokemon "unique" by ruining their statistics, forcing people into farming specific enemies after the game is over just to try to control the outcome.

So, no, not the same thing. No more than making a build in an MMO is the same thing as an EV spread.
>>
>>30559562
>extreme amount of time
I can tell you've never bred in your life. The only part that takes time in breeding is getting a 6 IV Ditto.
>>
Bottle caps are fine, they just need to make them easier to get.
>>
IMO the ideal way is getting a cheated 6IV Ditto for breeding but nothing else
>>
If everyone can cheat (get something in a easy way, not actually having a headstart over a legit player, just getting the same thing faster) the game is fair.
You can cheat if you want. if you don't want: pls don't cry.
If there's no illegal move involved, why care?
>>
>>30558370

>remove IV's
>expand EVs
>instead of having IV breeding autism, to keep the breeders busy, make egg moves a deeper and more complex process with more options that requires multi-generational chains to perfect

At long last Flareon will have good moves.
>>
>>30559519
It has to inherit 5 perfect IVs, and then the randomly generated one has to be 31. It's uncommon, but it happens. I got a 6iv Politoed and Talonflame. Not intentionally, I was fine with 5iv, but I ended up getting six.
>>
I don't hate hackers I just like breeding then training up my Mons and watching them succeed in battles. But that's just how I have fun
>>
just play showdown lmao
>>
>>30562009
Pokémon is not an eSport and is not trying to be one either.
>>
What does everybody think about the online site selling (obviously) hacked pokemon to people?

I think this may also compel nintendo to action, at the very least they'll sue the sites selling pokemon, but the only real way to address it will be to stop people from being able to hack pokemon in. otherwise people will just keep doing it.
>>
>>30558443
Most hacked pokemon are legal, that's the thing. They just skipped the tedious breeding aspect.
>>
>>30562590

>people are dumb enough to pay money dollars for save hacked Pokemon that they could have made themselves

Astounding retardation.
>>
File: tumblr_l6gf1clMAC1qb1nb9[1].jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l6gf1clMAC1qb1nb9[1].jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>30560566
> When someone figures out how to have Showdown make QR codes to use ingame.
>>
>>30562506
everything GF, TCPi and Nintendo are doing in regards to VGC speaks otherwise
>>
>>30558778
The balls don't matter jack shit, it's not like if a Fast Ball gave priority to your moves or anything.

The only time when hacking should be an issue is when people hack illegal movesets and abilities, like having a Sturdy Shedinja.
>>
>>30561762
>but frustrate players into cheating
People would cheat even if every pokemon is identical, no EVs, natures or IVs. If every pokemon was the same, people would still cheat because they'd be too bored to track down, catch and evolve them.
>>
>>30562625
most people who play pokemon aren't smart enough to save edit themselves.

some are idiots and dont even know its hacking

some think that as long as somebody else is doing the hacking nothing bad can happen to them, like that one asshole you know that always asks you to torrent stuff for them.

fuck you barry you asshole get it yourself
>>
>>30562590
Only if it gets insanely big or something. I don't even know which one you are talking about. People have been selling pokesav'd/pokegen'd/pkhex'd pokemon on eBay for a decade.
>>
>>30558778
aesthetics only hacks don't affect anything at all.

People hand out 6IV dittos like candy and in S/M it's possible to get one legit now with a few tricks and some time chaining. Still unlikely but no harder than getting a shiny ditto or two.

Once that's a real thing, getting 6IV HA EggMove pokemon to use as machines to print out unlimited 5IVs with all the right stuff and really complaints about hacking should just die. It's all so easy at that point you might as well hack.
>>
>>30563371
>People hand out 6IV dittos like candy and in S/M it's possible to get one legit now with a few tricks and some time chaining. Still unlikely but no harder than getting a shiny ditto or two.

Getting a 6IV Ditto legit takes thousands of hours.
>>
>>30558815
>>30558840
>>30561073
>>30562699
>>30563371
Nobody gives a shit if it offers any advantage or not, my underaged kids. In any kind of tournament that the organizer is taking seriously, you'd be immediately disqualified and banned(and blacklisted possibly in future tournaments as well for a period of time). Simply the fact that you are cheating, that you are using something impossible to get by any legit means is enough.

The only reason nothing was done was because the admins were incompetent and they didn't care and nintendo didn't want to look bad afterwards. Of course they(and the tcpi and GF) also don't care much.

Hell, the lone fact that he's so widely defended in the community shows how laughable this joke of a competitive scene is.
>>
>>30563866
>Guy clearly hacked a ball
>His pokemon is suspiciously perfect
>H-HAHA NO WAY HE HACKED AMIRITE GUISE EVEN IF HE DID HACK WHO GIVES A SHIT LMAO

I swear people don't give a shit anymore. Might as well rig the game while people are at it. Fuck it might as well stop having VGC.
>>
>>30559660
>EVs should be assigned on level up, with the option to automatically put all stat boosts in whatever stat until it's full.
Seriously. Every other rpg out there works like that.
>>
>>30563866
>>30563984
You guys are assmad over nothing. Now with the introduction of bottle caps, there should be no reason why you're complaining over shit.

Are you really that buttmad over pokeballs? I think that's why GF specifically added one of each in S/M. So technically any pokemon could have those balls.
>>
>>30563984
We're not saying he didn't hack. We're saying that the ball it was in is inconsequential and irrelevant to how well it performs in battle.
>>
>>30566628
>You guys are assmad over nothing.
Where do you see me (>>30563866) being assmad? Calling out retarded things isn't being assmad.
>Are you really that buttmad over pokeballs?
Again, pointing out that he should have by all the rules and logic disqualified and banned for a period or permanently from tournaments just for cheating, no matter how big or relevant the cheat itself was, isn't being assmad. It's being rational.
>>
>>30560693
THIS
>>
>>30563866
But if it offers absolutely NO statistical, strategic or any other kind of advantage in the game, why should the ball matter? If the pokemon in question had moves it shouldn't like say, a Garchomp with sacred fire, then yes, its cheating and the user of said Garchomp should be disqualified.

But we're not talking about illegal moves or stats. We're talking about the fucking BALL they come in, something that by all means people really shouldn't even pay any attention to since its such a small, inconsequential detail that again, offers no strategic or statistic advantage at all. The only thing it changes is how flashy the pokemons entrance is once it comes out of the ball.

Think of it as like those extra costumes you get for your characters in a fighting game if you preorder it: Sure your character looks different and by wearing the costume you're showing you had the money to splash to get something the easy way, but that's it. You characters moves and stats are the exact same as if they weren't wearing the costume at all, so why bitch about it?
>>
>>30567159
For starters, as I have stated multiple times already(it's funny that this argument must actually be made in this community, it doesn't go without saying) it's against the rules. If you do not punish people for breaking your god damn tournament rules, then what the fuck is even the point of them being there?

Secondly, your tournament winner is literally a cheater, even if it's "light cheating" or whatever the fuck you want to call it. And you say that it's okay to the entire player base. That's just tells me the company doesn't give the slightest fuck about the integrity of its own product. Well don't mind me if I don't give a fuck about partaking in it in the future.

He could have played better than everyone else and fully deserving to be the winner based on his play. I would still disqualify him on the spot, had I been the organizer.

And I'm not mad about this, I wasn't in the tournament nor have I cared to participate in the VGC since. I'm simply criticizing the administrators and organizers involved in such a farce and a community that is so drowned in cheating to the point where you have to write walls of fucking text to justify disqualifying a god damn cheater. Those are just my thoughts and I'm not going to reiterate it again, I've already done so twice.
>>
>>30567159
The ball is irrelevant, aside from being evidence that his pokemon was obtained by outside means which was against the rules even if the end result fell within normally obtainable bounds.
>>
>>30567159
The difference is the costume is entirely legal, while the ball shows signs of cheating.

It's not about the ball, it's about allowing cheated pokemon in.

Also, I like how people think cheating is ok as long as the pokemon is legal, yet defend someone using an illegal pokemon.
>>
>>30560693
ma nigga
>>
Even in games with no competitive you can find cheaters. So, there's nothing to do.
>>
>>30567529
>>30567590
Again, the ball is purely cosmetic, it doesn't affect the pokemon in anyway, shape or form. And yes its cheating, but if the pokemon at the end of the day falls within legal parameters of competitive play, then yes, its 100% legal. If the pokemon is something you could've gotten by playing bike simulator for hours on end but you decide to circumvent that waste of time by using pkHex/powersaves, then its ok. If its in a ball you can't normally get, WHO THE FUCK CARES. It literally doesn't affect the game at all.
>>
I ask for injections all the time. If I can breed said injected mon, I breed it then trade off the injected mon for trade fodder, if I can't because it's a Legendary and I asked for it to literally not waste time and effort soft resetting since I already doze off breeding, I keep it.
>>
>>30567520
I think what you're saying is 100% correct, first off.

However, if I'm just thinking rationally about it, the people on the ground at the tournament damn well know that all the Pokemon there are hacked. Everyone does it. And to kick someone out for something everyone was already doing, I don't know if I can agree with it.
>>
>>30568651
>bike simulator

Keep up, anon. It's now rodeo simulator 2017
>>
>>30562764
I literally just chest for IVs and EVs.

Egg moves nature like ball training I do myself.
>>
>>30569913

It's nintendogs simulator for me.
>>
>>30558443
>gen pokemon in sun moon
>transfer to stars
>become world champion with duncan kneecap's genned pokemon on the switch
ez
>>
>>30560198
I hatched a lot of shinys I mean they are not perfect but I love using them
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.